Woodyrojo

[Developer blog] Vehicle repairs. Mass testing

I have two suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Make it so you cannot repair parts that you have already lost.

Suggestion 2: What FrenchToad said. A healing turret.

Edited by MeowMurr
Typos and additions
  • Thanks 1

this is NOT a good idea indeed.they can better spend their time fixing the  mechanics they have broken over the past 2 years.... but hey who are we to talk right... they think well forgive n forget if they give us this and a few stickers. however if they would limit this to raids and adventure mode it could have potential.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Psykonijn, actually, of the ways that are considered for the implementation of this mechanic is adding it to the adventure mode. it is being tested in PvP environment on the test server in order to check the different scenarios on the battlefield.
  • Upvote 7

Please do not add this feature.

I love this game and moved here from robocraft because they added this and the game balance fell apart.

Alpha damage and speed be come the only viable game play styles.

Hovers will become utterly invincible, peak, shoot, heal, repeat.

All the tactics currently in the game about picking your battles, choosing damaged targets, disengaging after you have done decent damage but not secured a kill become null. If you dont kill someone it's a waste of time.

Teams become invincible to solo players picking they apart slowly is now impossible and small fast vehicles with homing missiles will be everywhere peaking then running away to heal.

And finally it totally negates building skill, building something which can take damage and still be effective is the best bit of this game and it will be utterly ruined. 

Please don't do this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hmm, so Robocraft did have this kind of repair feature. I hope the devs checked it out and observed how it affected the game, its balance and popularity.

• Upvote 2

What is this (bottom right corner)? is that invitation for something? should i accept or decline?screenshot-190628-092856.thumb.jpg.786be

I kinda like the new look of the hp bar

screenshot-190628-093007.jpg

Ka1deron (Posted )

lorenz021, as the test server represents the features that are still being worked at, such elements may indeed be found. I recommend you to wait for the next update - you'll be able to learn the details from our patchnotes.
  • Upvote 1

Without testing, It is hard to say how it good/bad it would be.

My first thought is it would able some builds to move to some where to hide and repair.  The will give hover combo a better advantage, especially on high PS games.

It will be hard to balance the repair on PvP.  The 5 mins timer is already too long on PvP.  I don't see there is any benefit this will add to the battles.

I have just been on the test server.

Every game was 1 human 7 bots per team.  The idea was to test the repair.  But was not able to do so, as other players just went for win and kill.  None back off even when I didn't chase them. 

So I cannot get a clear test.

Ka1deron (Posted )

ChopChopChop, it's probably better to wait for some time, just so that more players can join the testing - this way you will be able to test the mechanic in different circumstances.

this will ruin the PVP.....

please dont add it there :(

Ka1deron (Posted )

At the moment it's not planned to be included in the PvP. We consider a number of possible implementations for this mechanic - raids, special brawls etc.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

See and See.

second is my 12.5k ps Typhoon Build.

only removed typhoon and installed incinerators.

see it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I personally think the repair feature is too strong. Id would instead have a weapon or module that would do the job on allied vehicles, kinda like a support weapon. Short range, limited ammo, and would only work on allies. I would not replace parts that were already destroyed, but it would repair what parts are left. Think of it was a Aurora like weapon, in terms of size and range. I think it would work better than the full repair system. Its not a perfect idea, but it might work.

TL:DR - Module/Weapon that repairs parts but not replaces them, only works on allied vehicles.

Edited by LuxLewdNeko
Clarification.
  • Upvote 4

faite déja des partie a 8 vs 8 et pas de 4 joueurs et 4 bot même si on doit attendre 1 minute pour jouer !

4 minutes ago, LuxLewdNeko said:

I personally think the repair feature is too strong. Id would instead have a weapon or module that would do the job on allied vehicles, kinda like a support weapon. Short range, limited ammo, and would only work on allies. I would not replace parts that were already destroyed, but it would repair what parts are left. Think of it was a Aurora like weapon, in terms of size and range. I think it would work better than the full repair system. Its not a perfect idea, but it might work.

TL:DR - Module/Weapon that repairs parts but not replaces them, only works on allied vehicles.

I’d imagine something like a repair station (similar to barrier maybe) or a self-repair module, both with limited use (and moderate PS to prevent exploits).

Because unlimited repair potential is broken as all other people here pointed out.

• Thanks 1

Are you kidding right? its not April, I double checked it! what a cencerous idea.... you add this and i (and tons of players i bet) will uninistall and never come back EVER! 

If you want another chance in PvP - just add another MODE FFS!!!!!!!!!!!! just classic TDM with respawns, without stupid capture points and stuff!!!!!!!!

5 years i'm asking for another pvp mode, and once you announced another pvp mode, and tadaaa - you added 2 more capture points in SAME god damned mode! 

JUST GIVE US CLASSIC TDM - 10 min matches with 10 sec respawn timer, just without bots, and use cropped maps instead of huge ones.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Guys we are talking about a 4 second window in which you cant move anything don`t you think that favors small builds in finding and killing them easily. Question is do you need to completly stop your vehicle to repair and if not do you continue rolling forward and do you stack up a tsunami during repair. I think you should not just my opinion. 

And we dont even now the rate in which you repair. Like how much durability per second by cab rarity. 

It can be just a last resort thing or if you have like a minute of time to spare.

Edit: the 4 seconds just to engage and disengage the repair 

Edited by SirArkady

Ka1deron (Posted )

As you have mentioned in your post, the 4 seconds are required to engage and disengage the repair mode. The process itself make take a lot more time making the repaired vehicle vulnerable to any kind of damage.

WAT?

U better repair frames vs scorpion ASAP, this is what everyone is waiting for now, and this need to be fixed like yesterday.

Other than that, why? I dont see a single reason repair mechanic should be in any pvp mode, this would probably destroy the game a lot, not to mention rewards for playing are already not that great, but with this i see 10-15 minutes or even more matches, that's ridiculous and what the same rewards? Hah - instant game dead.

But i think it could be a great PVE mechanic or adventure mode, yeah, u need to teleport there to repair itself, why not make it in place. But in the end i feel it is just waste of time on adventure mode, we have more pressing matters now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

sorry for saying this gaijin

STOP pulling more BS out of your ....

this is the worst idea you ever had with this repairs in the game

are you trying to kill the game or what?

you should rather  give aegis the same rulse as engines, no more than 1 agegis on the craft allowed, 2 or more aegis is broken.
since now you can have up to 5 aegis on your build and be pritty much indestructable.
so little weapons can take down a shield or pass through it.

since this sheild abuse is the worst in the game

with this update, hover helios being more broken with free repairs....

hover dubble bubble or even more bubbles helios, and now with free repairs... yeha, game becomming unballanced.

fly in cloaked, bubble up, shoot, retreat, repair, rince and repeat

yeah, repair works for me to, but seeing this update, more and more will go hover helios it seems

Edited by Sasherz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Solution #1: Repair weapon for 9 or 10 energy so you can't use 2 of them that sacrifices your own structure to repair teammates. This will encrourage comradery and heavy truck builds with all kind of goodies to repair your friends. After you used all your structure you left only with frame, cab, weapons and modules.

Solution #2: Repair station as FrenchToad suggested. Repair station. I agree with every word.

Solution #3: don't implement healing mechanics at all since the core attraction of crossout is short action packed matches, and i don't mean CW's which are boring WoT wannabes at the moment. I mean 2-3 minutes average matches with explosions and stuff. Think about fixing other problems, you have plenty of those. 

Why goliaths are so fast, so low ps and only epic rarity? Why Sealclubbers exist? Make a bloody matchmaking based on not only Powerscore mechanics but rarity of a weapon as well. If some guys wants to play in 4k powersocre on naked cabin with mammoth, 2 goliaths and train plow in the back let him play with his kind. Why there are so many bumps on the maps? Multiple aegis? Multiple radar as spaced armour? Codrivers that cost a bunch of recources and add 5% to something? Why not increase structure points if part is connected on more than 1 side so these ugly exloded box builds with spaced armour will dissapear? do you even play the game? Big part of the community will tell you exactly what they would like to be fixed, in fact they already did numerous times... And i don't mean whining about stuff just for a sake of complaining.

You are welcome guys. Hope i wont see my favorite game dying because management team who doesn't play the game at all, or at least looks like they don't, thinks they know the game better than people who love it with all their passion and heart...

Edited by PiratariP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You saw it, 90% of community is asking not to add this useless annoying feature, so stop wasting your time on stupid things and make actual changes to god damned co-drivers!!!!!!!! why it takes ETERNITY to overhaul and change it to TALENTS?! what a stupid idea is co-driver! tell me ONE game that requires something for upgrading talents more than level and XP... no... we have to spent tons of resources for 2% maximum range of weapon, 3% of durability.... what a joke.

• Upvote 6

Please don't add repair features

The repair function will ruin the game

No repair functionality should be added in any way

Please

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Repair system: STOP RIGHT THERE, just never think about that, and ofc slap idea author 4 times... no, 6 times.
New PvP Mode: Classic Team Deathmatch - without capturing points and objectives. Match duration 10 min; 5 to 10 sec respawn timer; first team reaches 20 kills is winner - or after 10 min - team with most kills.
Talent system: Make 3 talent trees, remove resources needed to upgrade skills.

This is your goals now

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Dear @Woodyrojo and @BjKalderon

I know you are only CM of targem games and bridge between players and studio.

I really cant understand which person or the producer made this decision, This is by far the worst decision Targem did.

The idea is not to copy other game mechanics like repair. Crossout is a unique game

-You can see not even single person are happy about this.

-You can see same thing happening on RU players( majority of ur playerbase)

-Please stop it now dont let our amazing game die like robocraft.

• Upvote 9

IF you decide to implement this feature (I am against it), put a tag on the person who is repairing, similar as to if he was flipped and show it on the map.

• Upvote 1