Woodyrojo

[Developer blog] Vehicle repairs. Mass testing

Add a repair box that's required to repair your car, just like with the carjack [you want to self repair? sacrifice one energy point to have the module equipped]
Limit the total repair to 50% for parts that have been completely destroyed or ripped off
Parts that have been repaired should have their stats degraded by 25% [rate of fire, accuracy, turning speed etc]
Custom texture for parts that have been repaired [scratches, bullet holes, faided paint, maybe even ducktape
Critical parts cannot be repaired [ammo boxes, generators, the cabin itself]
There, its balanced now

Edited by Archgreed
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Please don't implement this as it is really a terrible idea. The maps you guys make already means campers win. I am tired of battles where both teams know the one with the most patience wins. This will just make it all worse. It is a bad idea for this game for more reasons than I care to explain.

Why not work on what players want like more PvP maps, wedge physics fixed, etc? Why put man hours on a terrible idea that will make the game less fun?

-Vryce 

• Upvote 5

That's totally a game breaker, you no longer get rewarded if you cripple someone by dying yourself as the enemy can repair everything. Repairing damaged parts could be okay, but restoring the whole vehicle, that's probably the worst decision you guys can ever make. Gonna increase the camping especially for the end game, gonna increase the battle decided by timer, ammo user gonna have a big problem, they gonna be lacking ammo at some point for sure if you can hit and run and repair... If you do get ammo as well while repairing, then what,s the point in bringing ammo crate?

It just totally neglect skill and decision making, whats the point to even aim for crippling someone then switch to the next target if the cripple can fully repair? This is gonna lead to a level of frustrations beyond what we had during the drone meta and when unbalanced hover were added. Such a big change could lead to a big player base lost, I hope you will reconsider.

Edited by sam93931
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

I hope you do not implement as described.

It could be added in other ways in which the game's goal was different from, mostly, to kill other players. I could suggest a capture the flag or in some more complex and time-consuming mode, like battlefield's conquest mode.

Why do you still focusing on new not requested things? Why do not improve co-drivers, for instance? Or improve the phisycs, its funny to see a small dog lifting up a heavy spider as it's a paper.

Edited by jackksparroww
  • Sad 1

Robocraftman said, and I can corfirm that the addition of a system like this was one of the main reasons why Robocraft died. I'm pretty sure that this feature will be the beginning of the end to Crossout.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 8

Dear devs,

Please for love of god!
DONT ADD THIS!
you wanna know what we want? not this!
do raids for once please! the raids are too long and too boring! re-add the old ones! cargo race, siege, chase! the good old ones were great untill you added the frontier defence it only went downhill! 
if you add this do it max in a special gamemode or brawl and maybe in a raid, but dont do it in the main 8v8 classic pvp. please!
this will only end up in more spears haters
and trade shots, hide, repair and trade once again will be a garentuee!
please dont add this if you dont want to brutally murder your game!

cencearly,
someone who loves the game now, but who wont if this will be a thing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.

Are these so called "spears" the ones you renamed to "boom", without always applying the consequences of that namechange to your own posts and describtions? Or are you guys still using "spears" as your own subcategory for the weapontype even though you renamed THAT to "explosives"...? Well lets just say either you devs should get a dictionary or stop renaming things... I wanted to ask if my fused lancelots where affected by this: "differ from the original." or if you're just to lazy to repaint repaired parts? But asking that question in your, "renamed" (worsely translated) language, would be asking if (and how) my: "Explosive - fused - explosives: Lances, are affected by a change that doesn't mention them by name?  

• Thanks 1

There was a suggestion of the repair implementation via a kit, with a module a while back. Why didn't you guys just give us a module for it that would drop a turret like device which would repair "some" of our broken armor or whatever. This is a significant change to the entire game. It doesn't necessarily need to be bad, but its a huge change out of nowhere. 

Give us a module instead please, we like our dynamics of the game as it currently stands, this is such a huge game changer for everyone. I do applaud the efforts but at the moment this is not anyone really wants or needs.. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Main%20Eng.jpg

We welcome the survivors from all corners of the Wasteland!

Have you ever wondered, how nice would it be to repair a few parts in the midst of a heated battle and use the second wind to attack those who left you without weapons or other vital components of your car? Then this developer blog and the future mass testing are for you! 

Please keep in mind that part repairs is a test mechanic and there is no guarantee that it will reach the live servers in the current or any other form. The final information about this will be published only in the upcoming news items. 

Before the testing begins, let us describe the main points of the new mechanic:

• Entering repair mode is done by pressing the “P” key (by default, you can assign another key in the control settings).
  • Entering repair mode takes 2 seconds. At any time you can exit it by pressing the same key, but it will also take 2 seconds.
  • The repair cannot be started after activation of self-destruction. 
  • During repair:
    • The player cannot control the armoured vehicle.
    • Melee weapons and suspension parts do not deal damage to opponents during the repair process.
    • During repairs, the effect of stealth is disabled, your own and allied harpoons are unhooked, and the "Contact 2M" docking module is disconnected. 
  • The repair procedure is as follows:
    • First, the parts belonging to the categories “Movement” and “Frame” are repaired.
    • Then your weapons are repaired.
    • All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last.
    • The order of repair within each category is determined by how close the parts are to the cabin. Parts located far from the cabin will be repaired later than all others.
    • First, the part is repaired with 0 durability. Then its durability is gradually restored to 100%. Immediately after this, repair of the next part in queue begins.
  • The higher the rarity of the vehicle's cabin, the faster the repair of the car.
  • Enabled repair speed modifiers for penetrable parts and parts resistant to certain damage types, since the durability of such parts is higher than that of common parts.
  • Any damage taken, as well as attached harpoons of enemy “Skinners” and “Kapkans” automatically interrupt repairs.
  • After the repair, all explosive parts (generators, barrels, spears, ammunition) no longer explode. The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.
  • After the repair, the number of shells of your weapon is not restored.
  • Repaired ammunition modules no longer increase your weapon’s ammunition.
  • Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.

Launch of a special test server

Today we invite everyone to try out how the changes will affect the gameplay on our test server.

How to get to the test server?

If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.

• Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
  • Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
  • Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout). 
  • After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
  • The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
  • After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
  • Please note the schedule of the test server:
    • Friday, June 28, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Saturday, June 29, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT) 
    • Sunday, June 30, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT) 
  • Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).

After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).

The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Jafarson said:

JUST GIVE US CLASSIC TDM - 10 min matches with 10 sec respawn timer, just without bots, and use cropped maps instead of huge ones.

This is Free for All now... for last 2 months I haven't been playing single one whithout some teaming guys...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

NO. I DON'T WANT THIS.

This is a stupid idea in every regard.

Crossout should not have a repair-feature wether it is like explained above or like people suggested with a new module.

NO. WE DON'T WANT REPAIR IN CROSSOUT!

copypost this message, if you agree.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

This will ruin CW and pvp. Like some already said you would have to use melee/lances//helios in order to kill someone effectively, with the later two already being super annoying as it is.  

• Upvote 5

Let me guess: you have to craft those "repair during battle" kits right? It wouldn't surprise me that this is another resource/coin sink in this game.

If not, we demand free respawn in raids since if we can repair during battle without costs we might as well respawn in raids without costs, am I right?

I kid, this is the worst idea ever for this game, please don't! Just. DON'T!

You will completely invalidade strategic play since "getting destroyed" will lose its meaning, specially with these huge new maps with plenty of places to hide and... repair... *shivers"

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

As everyone else is saying, this would really break balance and would make PvP battles a bunch of shoot, hide, repair, repeat. My idea on how to prevent that is to make repairs limited to 1 or 2 per battle, and make repairs only repair parts that have not been completely destroyed. Another way to balance it would be making a "repair station", and making it so vehicles can only repair at the repair stations.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Absolutely no, this is exactly one of the worst features that killed Robocraft, turned it into a complete dump of ****.

its not the same as robocraft, in  robocraft you have blink module that let you insta teleport to save ,also in robocraft enemy just fly of to nano healer user and become immortal as repair rate is faster than dps you can deal,

still i afraid it will make shotguns dominate , as they are all-in weapons that are great in killing people (mg are weaker but they can poke from save/ afar position  witch i think will become pointless)

also significance of mele/ firestarers shotguns/fire throwers  weapons will increase ,

depend how will it work , if it can restore lost weapons like on vid it would make cricket ABSURDLY op , if it can only restore hp of weapons canons, tanky mg, fafnirs and whirlwinds  would benefit from that a loot but it would not be op , its not even close to how much it would buff crickets that are so op already that they perform better than half of legendary on hover in cw

on the other hand surviving lancer who rush in the first minute (often disabling your movement) means that you can still repair with is best aspect of this rework

if chameleon mk2 will stay in the game and this feature go live , the game will lose half of player base and other half will use chameleon in every build

Edited by alpha1q
  • Upvote 2

I see how this would make more builds viable; currently the meta revolves around fastest disarm then kill time and repair changes the first part of the dynamic considerably. Repair would make MGs and pulse emitters (low durability weps) much more viable. Downside is the encouragement of peek play.:15:

Honestly if some other changes were done it'd go better imo.

Use data compilation to assess how parts are doing and tune accordingly (like every other long-term successful mmo ever). Certain parts that see a very low prevalence of play and sub-par win rates obviously need a buff.

+1 for repair being a part feature an ally can do to you. Support builds 4eva:cool:

Missed oppitunaties.

Somehow, i had imagen a healing in this game to come from ...say, a new dawn's children flying drone.
A small white (can be painted when the box is painted) orb with hands looking robot will fly around, going into melee range for your or your allies and HEAL them, cost 4 energi.

Had been a cool "medic" build thing for this game, add a few shield or skinner and its good :P

With this selfheal however, you can still play medic in this game for once, 3 shiled, 1 skinner, 1 cheetah and what not you wanna add to your build, if you see a team mate with low HP, you simple throw skinner on them, move them away while they are been repaired, throw down some shields here and there to keep them from harm while they repair.

The next question is, how many time can ppl repair themself, 1 time pr battle, 3 time?, 5 time?, endless?, or those it cost those repair kits that you craft from engi that nobody ever seems to use.

Somehow, i bet it will be kinda random if it gonna cost a repair kit to use, cuz then you gonna spent recouse to win recouse.
For not talking about the hate comments ppl will get for not reparing themself in battle to make the team win.

So, mix'ed feeling from me aswell, overall a cool concept nevertheless, i had love to play a medic in this game, or, in this case now, a shield for my team mate.

For ppl who fear "long match", yeah, i can see that in some of the "snipe" map, they already take long, hide and seek for 3 min before battle start, so, if ppl can repair after they lose some stuff while their team mate hold the line, then yeah.

Hmm, that gave me an idea, what if a repair kit was only rewarded AFTER you scored a kill?, that way, you have to earn the repair kit, so you cant just xxxx up at the start by charging in and lose half your build (but still manage to flee to live another day), then lick your wounds (reparing) yourself, just to do the same.

Anyway, to add something to this "reparing" aswell, maybe add a icon on the map (just like when ppl have fallen over), so ppl know your team mate might need cower while they are reparing themself?.

• Like 1

No. This is so bad. 1. if your weapons got blown off you need to learn to build better. 3. If you lose all your armor and frames you need to learn to build better. 4. it's not even a module that costs energy, everyone has it for free which is totally insane 5. Also if you lost your weapons and armor and frames you need to learn skill 6. this will totally be buggy with fusion builds/ how will different vehicles close together interact when parts pop on and overlap them? 7. Bad building and playing are rewarded? I can have a total crap build that's all weapons, be shot to the cab, have my friends protect me, and simply heal and mop up the damaged enemies

PS this function killed Robocraft

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jackksparroww said:

Why do you still focusing on new not requested things? Why do not improve co-drivers, for instance? Or improve the phisycs, its funny to see a small dog lifting up a heavy spider as it's a paper.

I've been waiting for:

More decor lights and better lightning effects for them (devs said they would do it)

More raids types (devs said they would do it)

More effort to develop the Adventure mode even further (devs said they would do it)

Even more maps (devs said they would do it)

Epic to rare variants of some weapons that don't have them (rumors)

Steamroller wheels (devs said they would do it)

Traffic lights brake lights (devs said they would do it)

Another faction, maybe an ice or naval themed one (rumors)

Multidirectional wheel movement type (highly asked)

Way to determine suspension height (devs said they would consider)

Option to change for cabin or engine sound on individual builds (rumors)

Option to save a specific co-driver along a specific build (highly asked for)

More structure pieces for those factions with way too few unlockable parts (highly asked for)

The end of untradeable itens as rewards (highly asked for)

Make untradeable itens not count towards storage space (highly asked for)

Up the blueprint and storage space limits (highly asked for)

What they come up with? A premium pack for each month, copy-n'-paste Mayhem events with untradeable rewards and the hability to repair builds in the midst of battle.

Really?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, delraith said:

Repair would make MGs and pulse emitters (low durability weps) much more viable.

no , there will be close range build (shotguns) and cricket hovers everywhere , go close to mg, kill him , take dmg , chameleonmk2 run away repair repeat.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, alpha1q said:

no , there will be close range build (shotguns) and cricket hovers everywhere , go close to mg, kill him , take dmg , chameleonmk2 run away repair repeat.

Don't forget about lancers and ram builds...

(I would not be surprised if they implement this anyway)

Edited by lucashc90