Woodyrojo

[Developer blog] Vehicle repairs. Mass testing

17 minutes ago, The_Outlaw_X said:

spark/lance/harvester problem,

just the lance and cricket and spark problem, harvester is not op,what is op- spark killing all drones and kapkans aoe in half second (before kapkan even touch ground) without aiming , un counter-able lances that kill 2 players for 100% but that cant carry match and cricket - alpha burst weapon but at the same time biggest DPS per energy of epic weapons,

ALSO devs  : DO NOT ALLOW BARELS TO BE REPAIRED even if they dont give fuel anymore DO YOU RLY WANT TO HAVE RECHARGEABLE  LANCES THAT COST NO ENERGY IN GAME?

Edited by alpha1q
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WalkingStone said:

Robocraftman said, and I can corfirm that the addition of a system like this was one of the main reasons why Robocraft died. I'm pretty sure that this feature will be the beginning of the end to Crossout.

robocraft died cos player with repair nanocanons can outheal dps from 2 (when i played even 3) enemy players

and because auto repairwith the invisible flyers and module that teleport you to save , auto repair in game with no flyers, cloak and teleport is not a problem so crosscut should not die

oh wait... chameleon mk2

Repair might sound good in theory...but in terms of gameplay, i'll just put this here:

Image result for no god pls no

On a more constructive note, repair simply does not fit this game and would considerably slow matches down while also ruining any strategic element that the game had.  It's also silly. Robocraft (kinda) got away with it as it was a cartoon like game, but this is a PA game and parts should not be able to magically be repaired.  If you insist on a repair feature, then it NEEDS to be limited to a module or something that takes around 2-3 energy.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, sensors5 said:

IF you decide to implement this feature (I am against it), put a tag on the person who is repairing, similar as to if he was flipped and show it on the map.

aye, shoulld be the big fat target, take incresed dammage if under repair, and be displayed on minimap across the ENTIRE map to.

all weapons should be disabled, and to enable guns you need to go out of repair mode.

but still this wouldnt be enough for this BS update

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

In PvP this system heavily favors light and fast crafts which able to reposition quickly in a battlefield. So fast wheeled builds and hovers in a nutshell. And glass cannons.

yep,. bubble helios is being meta from now on if it goes live.

gg gaijin for screwing up a game even more.

To be honest, I have no idea if this mechanics can have a positive effect on the gameplay. It might mitigate the exaggerated and devastating explosion damage caused by cannons, but since cannon builds have the same ability to repair themselves, the advantage would be lost. It would be more appropriate to reduce the explosive damage in general or to increase the reloading speed of cannons at last... That would help a lot more...

Edited by Cherusker59887

Leaving aside the HORRIBLE effects on game balancing for PVP here is how you can recycle the functionality (aside of keeping it PVE only).

screenshot-190628-181205.png

screenshot-190628-181211.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Repairing should only work on structure and movement parts and up to 50% durability that haven't already been destroyed Armor could be repaired if it was destroyed and it wouldn't take longer for a larger build to recover armor. Otherwise I would have no reason to enjoy the PvP matches. I quit Robocraft in 2015 because i would snipe Plasma Bombers and Tesseracts out of the sky all day and they would just land somewhere discreet, repair, and kill me. Aegis hovers would become immortal with this change, sparkvesters would become that much more prevalent, so would every fast build in the game. Heavy cabs already are dead, they don't exist ANYWHERE below CW ps. You should be giving them 12 energy and making armor more effective. One slab of steel called an APC panel the size of a barn door should resist a HELL OF A LOT MORE than a couple HE shells from a 57mm and it should weigh more. Why does armor have so much powerscore when you already have to trade speed AND energy to get a little bit of durability which doesn't even apply to your guns? Why is all of the armor balanced according to a different ps/hp/wt ratio?!?! Why doesn't gun health scale with Vehicle health? Why can't anybody get a decent looking art build at 12k ps that resembles any real vehicle?

• Confused 2

I see an entire thread of people saying please don't do this it is a bad idea. You seriously need to all take a look at whoevers idea this was and fire them from your company.

I don't have to test the changes to tell you this isn't a feature I want to see or was missing. Please listen to your community on this one and don't keep giving copy/paste rebuttals.

Please do NOT add repair feature to the game.

• Upvote 4

Repairs... I don't think this will do anything good for the game unless~

As is this should Not be added to PvP. It would be entirely fine for everything other than PvP.n

As is in PvP all this would end up doing is making heavy builds even weaker. Yes really. Anything mobile would just p*** off as soon as they took damage, repair and be back at full HP (Oh look harvesters are mobile). "But the heavy could repair too" not when its being shot at regularly and cannot get into cover long enough to fully repair, this would particularly make hover platoons even more cancerous as they take turns backing off to repair everything. You physically could not let any of them disappear at any point or they will be back in a bit but on full HP.

Now then. What I would love to see happen with this decision... Is as is only being applied to non PvP modes. In PvP however if you limit the repairs to only frames, movement, and strictly just enough structure parts to put weapons back on it would be acceptable.

4 hours ago, FrenchToad said:

This is just the most stupid idea you guys could come up to. All it gonna do is making games even more of a campfest and kill the intense pushes this game can offer. Crossout is not about long boring matches when you spend half the time running, driving and hide in bushes. You got 5 minutes, better make it efficient. The change from 3 minutes to 5 minutes already slows down the gameplay a lot.

The idea of healing/repairing isn't a bad concept but make it a module if you wanna implement that mechanic. For example, a turret/repair station that would work like Barrier IV. Something like 5 energy, long cooldown, Genesis-supporting, small radius effect and limited time. BOOM now you have healing mechanic in Crossout that is like every other PVP games. Po*p your medic kit/repair station next to allies and it repairs them overtime if they stay close to it. Drive around to recharge it with Cheetah and ,for the love of God, MAKE IT GIVE POINTS !!!

Edit : some typos and make it a bit more clear overall

Now this is how it should be done if you want full repairs PvP compatible.

• Thanks 1

Surprised noone's asked but: How is Rift2M going to function? A lot of spear users will intentionally disconnect their Apollos with Rift2M to prevent being shot at, does this mean both the Rift2M and Apollo would regenerate and prevent the apollo from exploding?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in all seriousness, i have seen this feature destroy another similar game (robocraft), the dmg is one of the principal factors in those building games, people build and play in a certain way if the dmg is permanent, repairs will promote bad design and bad plays, 100000% NO to any kind of self healing.

• Upvote 3

Basically just another way to increase the grind and reduce resources earned by making games last longer.  First the Invasion nerf, then Raid nerf and now another nerf in an attempt to stop the market collapsing.

If you made the game fun to play then players would play more, craft more and thus solve your problem.

Remove the enforced win rate that results in steamrolling, games would then last longer and the problem is solved without adding this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alpha1q said:

robocraft died cos player with repair nanocanons can outheal dps from 2 (when i played even 3) enemy players

and because auto repairwith the invisible flyers and module that teleport you to save , auto repair in game with no flyers, cloak and teleport is not a problem so crosscut should not die

oh wait... chameleon mk2

Actually robocraft died because Sergii (The guy who was trusted to be in charge) thought flattening tiers, removing mega bots, adding lootboxes, adding the mortar as it was, breaking triforceing, and making wings into garbage hand holding autopilot that handle like a flying car...were good ideas. You can see players leave in mass on the steam chart each time one of those was done. Auto repairs didn't hold a candle to any of those.

Have anyone else read the reply??

BjKalderon (Posted 4 hours ago)

At the moment it's not planned to be included in the PvP. We consider a number of possible implementations for this mechanic - raids, special brawls etc.

• Upvote 3

Just now, ChopChopChop said:

At the moment it's not planned to be included in the PvP. We consider a number of possible implementations for this mechanic - raids, special brawls etc.

Oh thank God

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, ___Sting said:

DONT break what isnt broken, you have to fix chase raids, remember?

I bet chase aint comming back, its gone, gaijin dont want players to do fast weekly chores, yes I call them chores, cause the raids aare slow AF...
Now they want atleast 5 minute raid, if not more, next half hour raids...

14 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

and I bet the "etc" menas clan wars :(

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

the time to repair is directly dependent on the durability of the craft itself. It takes up to two minutes to fully resurrect a brick, during which time a medium Helios hover build will have done it twice

i actually was naive to think that heavy builds will be viable because repair speed is based on craft hp% not amount of hp

i hope they not doing this to increase value of high tier modules and weapons in compare to armor just to push people to grind

even now tanking in this game is losing strategy

56 minutes ago, UNITGX48 said:

Actually robocraft died because Sergii (The guy who was trusted to be in charge) thought flattening tiers, removing mega bots, adding lootboxes, adding the mortar as it was, breaking triforceing, and making wings into garbage hand holding autopilot that handle like a flying car...were good ideas. You can see players leave in mass on the steam chart each time one of those was done. Auto repairs didn't hold a candle to any of those.

tiers (1-10) and megabot+8ppl in team battles when each team tried to put more dps than enemy heal was golden times of robocraft for me. then the mode with caping came and drones in the sky ruled over everything else, that's when i dropped (the only viable ground builds was the one with flack turret)

Ahh no dont add this to PvP  adventure mode is fine but any mode with real PvP just no.............................