Woodyrojo

[Developer blog] Vehicle repairs. Mass testing

6 hours ago, bleedisTheKing said:

Wait, wait, let me check if its april fools day, becouse this seems like most stupidest thing i can imagine right now, u could use your time for more productive ideas to being developed than this. I mostly handled all dumb updates with ease, but this gonna make me stop for once, **** idea. Thanks.

"but this gonna make me stop for once" u always say this :mellow:

• Confused 7

Dear developers,

please, please, do not do this mistake as robocraft did. Stick with this great way you have online. It was so sad, when robocraft went this way. In-battle repairs was one of steps which destroyed it. Instead of it better promote truly brave behavior and skilfull play.

Thx very much.

Gum

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

As I share the opinion of the rest of the players in here, I'll address scorpion.

It shouldn't be able to shoot like it does on the move. Revert the accuracy buff on the move, only make it good while still.

Edited by Yurker
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yurker said:

As I share the opinion of the rest of the players in here, I'll address scorpion.

It shouldn't be able to shoot like it does on the move. Revert the accuracy buff on the move, only make it good on the move.

It's a sniping weapon. That means move to position, aim, perform vital shot and reposition. Now it's different. Move, fire while moving, fire while moving and you are done. Scorps needed buff, I agree, dmg rework is ok, accuracy while standing is ok, but accuracy during movement should be much worse...And decrease reload speed.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:
  • Entering repair mode is done by pressing the “P” key (by default, you can assign another key in the control settings).
  • Entering repair mode takes 2 seconds. At any time you can exit it by pressing the same key, but it will also take 2 seconds.
  • It would make more sense if press the key and hold, like the self destruction, and for cancel the same process.
  • Would be nice if we have a cancel command for self destruction too.
  • The player cannot control the armoured vehicle.
  • Melee weapons and suspension parts do not deal damage to opponents during the repair process.
  • We can control the armored vehicle during the self destruction, why not for repair?
  • Allow us to drive the armored vehicle but we can't use weapons. Or allow us to control the weapons but we can't drive.
  • Better, allow us to choose what to do during the repair procedure.

• First, the parts belonging to the categories “Movement” and “Frame” are repaired.
  • Then your weapons are repaired.
  • All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last.
  • The order of repair within each category is determined by how close the parts are to the cabin. Parts located far from the cabin will be repaired later than all others.
  • First, the part is repaired with 0 durability. Then its durability is gradually restored to 100%. Immediately after this, repair of the next part in queue begins.

• Repair weapons first is more important than Repair frames and wheels first, in my opinion.
  • It would be easier if you add some kind of chassis for weapons that weapons only can be placed on them, and these chassis would work like frames, only can be installed direct to the cabin and other chassis conections.
  • What repair hierarchy should be:
    1. Frames/Chassis - PLAYER CHOICE
    2. Wheels/Weapons - PLAYER CHOICE
    3. Generator
    4. Engines/Radiators - PLAYER CHOICE
    5. Bumpers/Plows - PLAYER CHOICE
    6. Structure Part
  • Better, allow us to choose the repair priority, what we want to repair first.
  • After the repair, all explosive parts (generators, barrels, spears, ammunition) no longer explode. The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.
  • After the repair, the number of shells of your weapon is not restored.
  • Repaired ammunition modules no longer increase your weapon’s ammunition.
  • Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.

I think will be fine if you disable Stealth Device when equipped with Melee or Spears. What's the point to repair something that is useless? Let them deals damage. and let Fuel Barrels give fuel.

Don't worry Developers, I like the new Repair System, I don't know why people get so pessimistic about this, keep up the good work!

Note: To increase the Green Light of the repair, it's very low brightness compared to Red Light of the Self Destruction.

• Confused 9

PLZ, PLZ, PLZ don't introduce it in PvP.

Adventure mode it would be ok, but PvP it will kill the the game. Some mechanics regarding health already undermine the building part of the game that  is what makes it special, adding this would really damage the "construct" side of the game and make games snowball even harder.

• Upvote 6

Well i'd like to see the repair added in the game BUT under some changes

What id change:

1.Repair would repair only parts that are damaged critically (Like smoking weapons that are i think in 25% health so they smoke) Which should be repairable - From smoking state to just sparking 

2.Repair would be one time only and would have a special module for repairs (Maybe an Spare parts box which explodes and cuts into parts with the scrap shards) 

3.The Repair would cost scrap metal (25-250 depending on your car's PS)

4.Usable only in Raids of Medium difficulty with coins And scrap metal in easy raids

5. There would be an option to disable choice to play with repairs or not (More reputation points when played without repairs

6. We could have Repair in Bedlam mode, Would help us when people selfdestruct to us or damage us critically 

This is MY personal opinion not yours. Dont judge 76mm me for it.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Yeah, we'll see how this works - if at all. I mean I do see some potential here but.. yeah, we'll see.

Yeah, potential to ruin this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What the all that is holy did I just read, why was this even thought up let alone taken seriously enough for you guys to put into testing?

If I was in that meeting when the person(s) suggested this idea, I would of thrown a bowl(s) of hot Solyanka Soup on their head(s)!

Literally a few days ago I was talking about how the devs of this game like to do things no one asked for or wanted, like the tire changes and getting rid of CK's and now this...

Need to cool down with this and have a plate of Olivie!

Edited by OHBoyNope
  • Upvote 2

No to repairs period. Now being able to install "Spare tires" on your build to replace destroyed ones could be a thing. 

1 hour ago, OpTheChosenOne said:

Great feature, im 1000% ON FOR IT. ADD IT ALREADY.

Thanks!

No wonder you like this idea, I just watched a youtuber crossout video where you and your whole team coward at the spawn and lost to getting capped lol

• Haha 4

Okay so this is a very big change and no one like big changes I get it I can understand the criticism but there is a few confused posts just to clarify 

I'm seeing a few comments that seem to believe that you can repair a lance after using it and use it again and this is a small few most people know have seen what was mentioned in the post itself but yeah just to simplify it it basically brings back the lance but its a useless stick that wont blow up when you ram anyone may actually want to be careful if you have a lance harvester that you repair the lances on because you will suddenly have a bunch of useless sticks blocking your harvester and you may just have to hope they shoot them off just so you can use your harvester.

A few seem to be implying you can out heal damage taken or at least a few references to robocraft where this may of been possible. well luckily you can't, any damage taken seems to toggle off the repair so you can't just repair in the face of people and be fine you will have to find a place somewhat safe and ofc you cannot cloak whilst repairing so you are somewhat exposed having to essentially let them shoot you for 2 seconds but I'd say that's not quite enough.

I can see how this could mix things up but it has the potential to be a pretty bad addition if done wrong but it is somewhat possible this could be balanced as to make the act of repairing a very vulnerable process that getting caught out on could be very punishing, 2 seconds to get out of repairing is way too quick imo in most cases you will wouldn't of taken enough damage in 2 seconds to of been badly punished if they shot you out of repair (unless they shot you out of repair with a typhoon or something then you'd probably not be in a good spot) especially in most cases, if you see them coming you can quickly disable it and be ready for them its mostly impossible to rush you in 2 seconds so upping the time it takes to jump between the repair mode could ensure people would have to put themselves somewhere extra safe for them to repair much. Or instead of the player initiating this themselves, this could be external like an open area of the map that may need to be fought for or some sort of part with an energy cost like I've seen a few people mentioning or make it so you can only heal other players.

I think there are ways of making this work that could add to the strategy rather then taking away from it I personally like the idea of it being a part that you'd need to choose to put on your build at an energy cost but for the most part the idea as it is on the test server could use a lot of refining and changing to make it a more balanced feature as it should since this would be a very big change that would effect everything and flip any kind of meta on it's head 

Also one thing I forgot to test was weather active kapkans were destroyed upon initiating a repair maybe any devs reading this could clarify or anyone who has tested this either way ill probably test this myself when the test server is next up, but if its the case that kapkans are still out then not too big a fan I feel like all active kapkans should be destroyed if you try to repair as this would make you more vulnerable otherwise it'd just be too easy to put some kapkans in-between you and any threat whilst you repair 

Edited by theredshell
  • Confused 1

Hello.

First i want to say, how the Devs planning this feature, it is going to destroy the gameplay totally... I even have some point how that is going to happen if the Devs add Repairing in PvP:

- Player could make an infinite shield fusion, as they said...  " The player cannot control the armoured vehicle. " but the other player form the fusion can, apperiantly. So, as soon as the shiels player gets hit, he could repair himself while he is moved by the other player....
- Fusion with more players on it. Having a Fuison, the holder (Mothership) moves while the other players (Drones) can repair themself while moved by the holder (Mothership)... And it gets even worse when the "Drones" build a armor for the holder (Mothership). They can repair the armor while moved.

[Ofcourse Harpoons and Contacts get disconnectet, but i've seen Fusions without Conacts too. ]

-Infinit shield build:You just can place four Aegis prime`s together with the Cheetah, and maybe a chameleo. Keep driving around all times shield on, going infront of players to protect them. As soon as you got hit, you can cloak up, hide very quick and repair somewhere hidden. And then go back in game (Congrats... Ubertank, (not actuall tanks like with cannons, i mean the class "Tank") builds will appear all over the place..)

-ram someone? have no fuel in Booster anymore? no promblem! Rift MK2 and everything will be fine!.... Well, if i read right, they didn't say actually that Boosters (Aviators, Blastoffs, Hermes) could  not repaierd without fuel and the Rift MK2 could be repaired too "All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last." as both, the Rift MK2 AND Boosters counts as Hardware! Except if fuel for boosters counts as "Shells" for "Weapon", then ignore that post.

Fuel reset for boosters? Does the fuel of doosters still on the same state as they get Desrtoyed, or is the fuel resetet? There is nothing in the description about fuel for boosters, only shells for weapons. The ram build point one above is therefore open and will take, both, this point and the ram build point back if fuel of boosters still on the same state as they get Desrtoyed.

[Edit: I did some research in the testservers and Figured out that parts build on the Rift MK II  wonn't be restored. And the fuel on boosters still at the same value as it get destroyed!]

-Glitch abuse? That feature brings glitches with it, and those will be abused... No doubt.

I can probably could get more points, why it would a very bad idea to add repair in crossout!
PLEASE! developers, listen to the community and don't add repairs in the way you plan it. Ask them how it could be better and less Overpowered!

I even have some ideas!

- Make them rarely appear (One per one or three minutes/Randomized) on the maps as a airdrop with an announcement on minimap or such!
- Just allow them to repair a FEW! parts on the vehicle, (like three up to five/Randomized)
- Make them only repair parts from a certain category (only: Hardware, Weapons... etc...) per battle/airdrop!

- As a reward from doing something... like, capture a point  or killed/destroy someone

That was my part, my grammar and english may be not the best, but i wanted to put my part on it as well! I hope you can read it, also if there are some typos, rather ignore them or give me a constructive feedback

Also i would be happy about some feedback in general!

Signed, Kymtrox.
[Edit: Was in the testserver and discovered some stuff]

Edited by Kymtrox
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The purpose of the surprise implementation of a repair feature like this must be so that new players are not put off by their car being constantly disabled and subsequently killed early into the match. I can see how some lame goose can get discouraged by that. I was puzzled by the introduction of, I think it was a new cabin, soon after the Echo cabin was released and its sales hadn't yet been given the usual time to bring some projected revenue, as must have been done with stuff released prior to the Echo pack. In the hindsight, that was the first sign I noticed, but it was only after the recent Knight Riders' visit that I realized there were less new paying customers. So, I guess, this repair feature is a way to meet the expectations of a target group that's out there and not playing/paying. Had to happen to a free to play game at some point, even as original as Crossout. :unsure: Self-repair does seem excessive, especially with no similar feature preceding it, but if such a major change is being introduced, it must be for financial reasons.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, TexX said:

Had been a cool "medic" build thing for this game, add a few shield or skinner and its good :P

With this selfheal however, you can still play medic in this game for once, 3 shiled, 1 skinner, 1 cheetah and what not you wanna add to your build, if you see a team mate with low HP, you simple throw skinner on them, move them away while they are been repaired, throw down some shields here and there to keep them from harm while they repair.

Too bad the Barrier IX is so risky to use it's more of a handicap than help to the team after all the nerfs (especially 0.8.30) and due to not interfering with Fortune and Porcupine projectiles. Still, a Cleric-class vehicle will now be able to additionally provide protection for repairing teammates, that is if there are no enemies with rockets, grenades, Fortunes or Porcupines. :smile: Would be a curious turn of events if the Barrier IX got fixed, or a legendary version were to be released as a result of people making urgent pleas for a safe space whilre repairing.:biggrin:

This new feature will also create new opportunities for TOW pilots, such as interrupting enemies repairing. Too bad the ability to control the TOW missile in the second, bosted phase of flight that was introduced on 2018.09.21 only for a few hours (and then removed by a quickfix) is no longer available, as it would be very useful if there are several enemies repairing at the same time.

The Incinerator and the Mandrake, too, will find a new application in reminding enemies retired into seclusion to repair the field of battle hasn't forgotten about them. :smile: Hitting targets behind cover has been a little bit more difficult since maybe update 0.10.25 made the Incinerator's trajectory flatter, and BJKalderon's insisting that did not happen doesn't change the fact that on my old Incinerator car now I have to aim a little farther or the Incinerators will be grayed out due to being blocked by the armor in front of them. That effectively increased the minimum range, as well as making shots uphill, downhill or behind other terrain cover more difficult. And that change was not announced in the patchnotes. Just like the brief change in the Clarinet control mechanics on 2018.09.21.

I just hope some comprehension deficient bi-curious parasite doesn't skip between random words of my expert analysis to produce a pathetic attempt at self-gratification/promotion, e.g. by suggesting that any part of my comment even alludes to anything not mentioned here, such as the Scorpion, for instance.
Then again, the world of online gaming is so full of that degenerate element it's almost a given nonentities with no sense of dignity will spout garbage and attack random people.

Edited by Omega616

If any form of healing/repairing is added, it should be done by a module a player has to equip that can heal other players. And even then it should be extremely limited. A module with limited uses, or ammo so that it can only repair a certain amount of structure.

Auothealing was a big mistake that Robocraft made, and the game is awful because of it. You critically injure people all the time, but they escape around a corner, heal and come back again and again. It creates a very annoying playstyle.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Survivors! The public test server is now open. Join the testing and share your feedback in a special thread!

nice to see the availability to test has been considered to all players & thanks for opportunity to  contribute in a meaningful way, 

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:
  • Friday, June 28, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
  • Saturday, June 29, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT) 
  • Sunday, June 30, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT) 

translation ^^ saturday from 02:00 to 07:00 & Sun - Mon 03:00 - 06:00 nice & early in the morning mid winter - @BjKalderon XO is a game available 24/7 Worldwide... why the limited windows & lack of notice of test allowing for ALL players the opportunity to contribute? surly having extra "test" servers available at various times can be done so why not

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.

this is concerning, where do we get fuel? from winning & surviving PvP (40 points minimum & tank survival) & 1st place in Brawls, SO WHY IS THIS LINE ABOUT FUEL REWARDS ???

those above mentions of RoboCraft remind me of why i'm playing XO, because Robocraft is broken, fundamentally flawed in it's direction/s of "attempted" balancing, so many lessons on what/how NOT to develop or implement features could be learnt from just looking at RoboCraft - let alone all other (games) gone before or failing to release, 

For Raids & Adventure it is redundant, we have repair kits, or repair option. the Scrap cost of the proposed Auto-repair would need to be capped or players will (as with repair kits) choose not to use it. (& given the lack of FUN in raids currently even my FREE gas get unused so i'm not wasting scrap on repairs - BUFF FUN, it is it's own reward, fun is)

For PvP & Clan Wars it's going to do 2 things (mainly) 1: Rush cap & 2: Camp. neither are the best tactical option if they become the default option, because Predictable & Boring. 

support people have said, yup we already have that & many choose not to do so, avoid crashing into friendly lining up a range shot, push friendly into melee faster or out of cover, that Lancer sticking around after lances are gone harassing enemy & adding scouting & radar info on map, or block/soak hits preventing friendlies needing repairs.. etc

given the reload/cooldown of some weapons or durations of deployment in the chaos of battle - repair would be doable even without hiding or camping, making ammo & genisis use necessary & pushing PS up to compensate, against repair i'm gonna need double ammo at least to remain competitive - that change alone get a big thumbs down because balancing power creep never works, 

if XO were a Movie/TV i'd be asking if JJ.Abrams had been hired? if so goodbye! 

Edited by SpeedLocked

oh what a great idea! /irony/

if this BS mechanics enters the game at least we forget that the hovers ruined the game in the first place.

Targem! This is primarily a post-apocalyptic setting, NOT a scifi one. Don't ruin it with bullcrap ideas like this.

10 hours ago, OHBoyNope said:

No wonder you like this idea, I just watched a youtuber crossout video where you and your whole team coward at the spawn and lost to getting capped lol

which one :mellow:

Mais c'est clairement de la merde ! Ne mettez jamais ça en place ! Juste, pourquoi ? 

Pourquoi vous vous compliquez la vie comme ça ? 

Des nouvelles factions, des nouvelles maps, un contrôle manuel du léviathan, des graphismes constamment améliorés ETC...

A ce stade là, c'est soit un poisson d'avril, soit une connerie historique ! J'espère que vous écouterez vos joueurs.

• Upvote 1

Terrible idea for PvP mode, would break even more things. 

I hope for this games sake y’all plan to only implement this repair feature into raids which would go in hand with the repair kits already in game... if not this will end the same way robocraft did. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Waughan27131 said:

It's a sniping weapon. That means move to position, aim, perform vital shot and reposition. Now it's different. Move, fire while moving, fire while moving and you are done. Scorps needed buff, I agree, dmg rework is ok, accuracy while standing is ok, but accuracy during movement should be much worse...And decrease reload speed.

Yea, I agree, I meant to say keep the accuracy only while not moving.

Mistake on my side.