[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players. Leviathans and the test server

Ka1deron

Great. Now youve got some random youtuber posting a video celebrating that youve "fixed a bug" on the scorpion. Failing to actually show it in any form of battle againt any other weapon as per usual. 

Why dont you just fix the perk description and call it a day. Shooting frames is the only thing it has going for it in end game play and even with that perk, it cant even  shoot through a bigfoot to get to a frame.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

^^Yeah, because accuracy buff amounts to nothing?

When it does less damage than a typhoon and has no perk, and typhoons shoot just as straight with minor bullet drop and explode,  yea its a bit of a problem

• Confused 1

Yes an update that I can get behind, joyous is the moment for two new maps, hopefully not sand trap maps. CK's I like but all my CK's are on weapons now, what will happen to those? Also yeah please do fix random bumps that'll flip your car for no reason

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, szefopl said:

We will see.

But the most pressing matter regarding maps and maps rework are still unbalanced maps giving hovers and legs unfair huge advantage over other builds, all those unreachable places, rocks, wagons, shelfs, containers should be blocked with invisible walls or reworked ASAP.

ALL MAPS SHOULD BE EQUALLY ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL BUILDS, this is not the case now and it is like this for months.

One good change was control 17 map, be this introduced new unreachable places for anyone but hovers, need to be blocked too.

All details with screens showing unreachable map exploit places, so u keep this in ind reworking other maps.

As of stickers, please add all letters stickers to game!!!

You still on about this?

How about more maps with small buildings and terrain where melee bro's can't get to but legs and hovers can! :)

10 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Also, can't you re-launch Control-17 as it was and rename the current one Control-21 or something? You guys don't have to take it out of circulation since they are so different in playstyle that both can be counted as separeted maps withim the same zone. Pretty please!

The old control-17 map was/is and will always be garbage compare to the new one, just my opinion! If I wanted cartoonish things I'll watch the cartoon network

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

So since i have 3 cricket CKs that mean ill be compensated for 2 of them. I paid over 1k on each so I expect the same for compensation. When will we know how much youre giving?

P.S. can you add the old version of control back into the game. The new version is plain awful. I dont mind if you keep the new crappy one in. But please give us back the old map. People complain about lack of map counts. No one ever asked you to ruin the few good ones

Old control-17 map was way to cartoonish, and hordy with all the tight spaces, if I wanted to get cartoonish I'll watch a cartoon, same with the hordy/crampiness I'll watch hoarders  

• Confused 4

Update sounds awesome.

We do not get updates like this filled with stuff players would be behind so my more sinister neurons are wondering if this is being buttered before something we really do not want is implemented, like that repair mode in PvP. 

Sorry I do not want to bring everyone down because this update really sounds fantastic. We ask for maps pretty much non stop. We all would love this customization change... just all seems to good.

-Vryce

Spoiler

Still no word on chase? If you guys took it away to ensure that all raids take a long time and are boring beyond relief you could at least just say it'll never come back and frame it like you removed it in favor of your "updated" raids instead of acting like it'll be "fixed" and will come back...

a select few still havent accepted that full frame damage never was an official feature: it never made it into the description of the scorp or the frames. therefore, its safe to say it was an unintended side-effect, and now their programmers finally solved the issue as it is the easier solution than adjusting the repair feature to work in such a way that it doesnt cause the negative reaction we've seen after the announcement. 

scorp still penetrate (even through goliath) and its projectile has no proximity detonation like cannons/ac. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

a select few still havent accepted that full frame damage never was an official feature: it never made it into the description of the scorp or the frames. therefore, its safe to say it was an unintended side-effect, and now their programmers finally solved the issue as it is the easier solution than adjusting the repair feature to work in such a way that it doesnt cause the negative reaction we've seen after the announcement. 

scorp still penetrate (even through goliath) and its projectile has no proximity detonation like cannons/ac. 

Really? Cuz the spark slows weapon rotation and it isnt advertised are they going to fix that?

it would of been a lot easier and not break a RELIC weapon to change the description to "fires armor piercing round that ignores damage resistance". - like hell i fixed the goddamn concern in a sentence and made the gun competetive still.  Back in the day gas generators was used in clan wars. They popped.  They arent used now and scorpions cannot 1 shot an appolo. What in the hell are they gonna be good for. Shooting iff typhoons like special edimax guy believes? Shooting coolers off.? Not everything has something that pops. And a scorp cant do anything to a close range build. Im tired of them basing everything off this seal clubbing nonsense. Delete power score brackets and make it weapon based or  base match making more off if win loss ratio.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylonsburning said:

Really? Cuz the spark slows weapon rotation and it isnt advertised are they going to fix that?

yes they should fix the description in this case if it still slows weapon rotation (dont remember right now if it actually still does).

it was part of the description before the last change to it. maybe it was forgotten, the description of the current perk is a mouthful already.

https://crossout.net/en/news/282/current/#/

Tesla cannon Spark III

• Rarity: legendary
  • Power consumption — 4 units.
  • Deals damage to all targets in the aiming cone. Effective for fighting multiple enemies at once.
  • Reduces the movement speed and recharge of target weapons by 50%.
  •  

https://crossout.net/en/news/938/current/#/

Tesla emitter “Spark III”

• The time required to deal the maximum negative effect on the enemy has been increased from 1.5 to 4 s.
  • The part's perk has been changed: “When dealing damage, reduces the power and speed of the enemy's car, as well as weapon reloading speed by 6% for 1 second. The effect stacks up to 12 times.”
  • Now the emitter reduces the target's movement speed and weapon reloading speed to 72% (see comment below).

Developer comment: From the point of view of balance, one of the main drawbacks of the Spark was that the maximum negative effect of its perk was applied to the enemy almost instantly and did not leave the opponent a chance to react. Now the maximum effect will take longer to apply, which will increase the chances of resistance or retreat. In addition, as a result of the tests, it turned out that the description of the emitter's perk was incorrect, and the negative effect applied to the enemy was higher, due to a number of circumstances. We are reducing the negative effect of the Spark, and now the slowdown of enemies and the increase in reloading speed will not be so strongs

i'd guess it was forgotten to mention, probably because it wasnt as much of an issue as the movement and reload slowing. or maybe it is to be read 

reduces the power and speed of the enemy's [car, as well as] weapon [reloading speed] by 6% for 1 second.

Edited by forc3dinduction

5 hours ago, _lollkoll_ said:
  Hide contents

Still no word on chase? If you guys took it away to ensure that all raids take a long time and are boring beyond relief you could at least just say it'll never come back and frame it like you removed it in favor of your "updated" raids instead of acting like it'll be "fixed" and will come back...

.......its taken out because they dont want to fix meleebug....tuskbuilds show the bug frequently....but it was stated that this would be intentional.....yeah sure thats why chase is gone ^^

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, _Riddig_ said:

.......its taken out because they dont want to fix meleebug....tuskbuilds show the bug frequently....but it was stated that this would be intentional.....yeah sure thats why chase is gone ^^

its not a bug, its just cheesing the raid in a way they didnt consider during their tests (especially since chase raid existed for longer than the tusk was available). they dont want to nerf tusk in pvp just because it can oneshot the trucks in a raid.

6 hours ago, VileBib3 said:

It amounts to fck all if it loses one of its biggest utilities, they better bring back the damage or increase its penetration to compensate

Sick of the btching in this forum sometimes, you all cry when anything kills you nowadays

Yeah Its sad to see 3 year old feature change due to these cry babies + 2-3 clueless YT trashes. Sad:015_2:

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

"Feature", nowhere it was said that deframing was a feature.

I do recall devs saying that scorpions were meant to get through armor to get explosive/low HP modules.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Yurker said:

"Feature", nowhere it was said that deframing was a feature.

I do recall devs saying that scorpions were meant to get through armor to get explosive/low HP modules.

It was designed like this WAAY BACK to 2016 where no Aces and babies complain back then and everybody knew it was its feature. Now we see YT kiddo complained about (keep in mind he only plays like 7-8 months ?) then Targem changed it ?!? WTF

No pulsar nerf

No Punisher Buff

No Breaker rework

No Mammoth Buff 

%100 logic

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Scorp deframing was never a feature and it made no sense since frames have 90% damage passtrough! all you scorp hover try-hards cry that the bug you used to reck got fixed and i am so happy to see that. Scorp has amazing accuracy,amazing penetration, good damage , no drop and fastest projectile in-game. if that is not enough go get help. you compare it with typhoon, but typhoon is allot heavier, its fixed compared to the turreted scorp, allot bigger and slower projectile with drop.

With scorp you can precisely focus your damage on guns or wheels and suck, with cannon the projectile many times detonate prematurely and simply miss the guns. how many times have i tought i hit the 3 heliosses on top of a hover just to see them still there. also, you call 500 something damage on every shot small damage? really? keep in mind, a dual typhoon shot that does 600 or 800 or even 1k damage does that damage spread to armor legs tracks, weapons whatever it hits. Scorp does CONCENTRATED damage to a weapon or leg, wheel whatever.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Plus maybe people will finally start using the weapon the way devs intended it to be used: Equip Neutrino and blast people's fuel tanks and generators away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well... This looks like a pretty good update !!  Interesting changes, and specially, the new Reaper/Equalizer sound is lovely! :wub::wub:

Just one thing.. PLEASE don't make that event with the  ck for wheels another "mayhem tank battle", you tried 2 times, and 2 times it was not really well recieved... Avoid untradable rewards and dumb scoring and it will be great! 

This really looks as a start to a better future, let's try to keep further updates in this line :P 

• Upvote 1

Where is the "squat" function for legs? 

Dev's mentioned it last year. 

13 hours ago, JKluzy said:

Poor scorpions getting the frame damage amount dropped. RIP Scorpions, it was fun having you back for a couple of weeks...

3 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Yeah Its sad to see 3 year old feature change due to these cry babies + 2-3 clueless YT trashes. Sad:015_2:

"But if muh scorpion can't de-frame vehicles from across the map, it's useless!"

Literally every other weapon in the game: "Am I a joke to you?"

But on a more serious note, imagine having such a bloated ego that you think you, a player, get to decide what is and isn't the "dev's intent", and then start complaining when you're wrong. They are the developers of the game. They decide what is and isn't their intention for the functionality of a weapon they made. You are invited to give constructive feedback and suggestions, but you don't decide what they think or want.

Edit: By the way, I love the update plans. Keep up the good work!:014:

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Plus maybe people will finally start using the weapon the way devs intended it to be used: Equip Neutrino and blast people's fuel tanks and generators away.

Theyd have to fix the neutrino as intended for that. And people would need to start running gas in cw. Origional pictures showed infrared when that came out bot little x's in a general direction.

7 hours ago, forc3dinduction said:

yes they should fix the description in this case if it still slows weapon rotation (dont remember right now if it actually still does).

it was part of the description before the last change to it. maybe it was forgotten, the description of the current perk is a mouthful already.

https://crossout.net/en/news/282/current/#/

Tesla cannon Spark III

• Rarity: legendary
  • Power consumption — 4 units.
  • Deals damage to all targets in the aiming cone. Effective for fighting multiple enemies at once.
  • Reduces the movement speed and recharge of target weapons by 50%.
  •  

https://crossout.net/en/news/938/current/#/

Tesla emitter “Spark III”

• The time required to deal the maximum negative effect on the enemy has been increased from 1.5 to 4 s.
  • The part's perk has been changed: “When dealing damage, reduces the power and speed of the enemy's car, as well as weapon reloading speed by 6% for 1 second. The effect stacks up to 12 times.”
  • Now the emitter reduces the target's movement speed and weapon reloading speed to 72% (see comment below).

Developer comment: From the point of view of balance, one of the main drawbacks of the Spark was that the maximum negative effect of its perk was applied to the enemy almost instantly and did not leave the opponent a chance to react. Now the maximum effect will take longer to apply, which will increase the chances of resistance or retreat. In addition, as a result of the tests, it turned out that the description of the emitter's perk was incorrect, and the negative effect applied to the enemy was higher, due to a number of circumstances. We are reducing the negative effect of the Spark, and now the slowdown of enemies and the increase in reloading speed will not be so strongs

i'd guess it was forgotten to mention, probably because it wasnt as much of an issue as the movement and reload slowing. or maybe it is to be read 

reduces the power and speed of the enemy's [car, as well as] weapon [reloading speed] by 6% for 1 second.

So its ok to change the description of the spark but not the scorpion? Nice double standard

Edited by Babylonsburning
Boop

10 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

Theyd have to fix the neutrino as intended for that. Origional pictures showed infrared when that came out bot little x's in a general direction.

So its ok to change the description of the spark but not the scorpion? Nice double standard

did you even read what i wrote?

sparks park got changed, and when rewriting the perk description they forgot the "slows weapon rotation" bit

3 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

did you even read what i wrote?

sparks park got changed, and when rewriting the perk description they forgot the "slows weapon rotation" bit

Do you read what you wrote? The scorpion was changed even more recently and they forgot to add the ignores damage restance part in the description. It goes both ways pal 

Edited by Babylonsburning
Typo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.