[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players. Leviathans and the test server

Ka1deron

5 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

Do you read what you wrote? The scorpion was changed even more recently and they forgot to add the ignores damage restance part in the description. It goes both ways pal 

scorp damage rework was "forgotten" when changing frames and grille parts i'd say

Just now, Babylonsburning said:

Theyd have to fix the neutrino as intended for that. And people would need to start running gas in cw. Origional pictures showed infrared when that came out bot little x's in a general direction.

Well, the Neutrino still shows a little box for each explosive. Shoot it and you'll strike gold.

Dual scorp is capable of one-shotting both Exp. Ammo pack and Apollo Generator. If these happen to be hidden so deep into the craft you can't one-shot them, then you can two-shot them. Still much better than going through all the armor to expose the part and then proceed to destroy it when using any other weapon.

But really the main takeaway here is, now we'll get to see the real performance of Scorpion and how well the weapon actually works. The increased accuracy empowers the Scorp users to actually make use of the weapon and go for the parts they choose. Maybe some will go for guns and bruteforce their way through, maybe some skilled players find a way to blow the generators etc. Once the update hits the frame loophole will not skew the real combat performance of Scorpion.

I said this back when the Fortune wheels had some phasing issues: First you fix the bugs, then you figure out the game balance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

It was designed like this WAAY BACK to 2016 where no Aces and babies complain back then and everybody knew it was its feature. Now we see YT kiddo complained about (keep in mind he only plays like 7-8 months ?) then Targem changed it ?!? WTF

No pulsar nerf

No Punisher Buff

No Breaker rework

No Mammoth Buff 

%100 logic

Wasnt it more like he got an invite to a special testserver ...and thats why he made the video in first place ? ......just assuming :vanga:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Well, the Neutrino still shows a little box for each explosive. Shoot it and you'll strike gold.

Dual scorp is capable of one-shotting both Exp. Ammo pack and Apollo Generator. If these happen to be hidden so deep into the craft you can't one-shot them, then you can two-shot them. Still much better than going through all the armor to expose the part and then proceed to destroy it when using any other weapon.

But really the main takeaway here is, now we'll get to see the real performance of Scorpion and how well the weapon actually works. The increased accuracy empowers the Scorp users to actually make use of the weapon and go for the parts they choose. Maybe some will go for guns and bruteforce their way through, maybe some skilled players find a way to blow the generators etc. Once the update hits the frame loophole will not skew the real combat performance of Scorpion.

I said this back when the Fortune wheels had some phasing issues: First you fix the bugs, then you figure out the game balance.

Yea. But it aint a bug. Its a perk description fail like MANY other weapons in this game that some scrub youtuber thats been playing for 6 months has decided to cry about . Deframing builds in high tier clan wars doesnt happen often anyways . Why cry balance a fame based on 7 k "seal clubbing" the top teir weapons should be based on the end game play which is clan wars and frankly scorpions do not outperform other relics. Typhoon is better hands down i have both. Until stat sheets show otherwise leave the gun alone

• Confused 1

On 7/5/2019 at 1:35 PM, szefopl said:

We will see.

But the most pressing matter regarding maps and maps rework are still unbalanced maps giving hovers and legs unfair huge advantage over other builds, all those unreachable places, rocks, wagons, shelfs, containers should be blocked with invisible walls or reworked ASAP.

ALL MAPS SHOULD BE EQUALLY ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL BUILDS, this is not the case now and it is like this for months.

One good change was control 17 map, be this introduced new unreachable places for anyone but hovers, need to be blocked too.

All details with screens showing unreachable map exploit places, so u keep this in ind reworking other maps.

As of stickers, please add all letters stickers to game!!!

Oh not this kid again!!How about fix the maps but also ban melee builds from CW(lances atleast) or limit the amount of melee builds allowed. melee teams use no skill.wheeled builds are the fastest in the game so they all attack get 1 kill more than you in about 0.5 of a second with lances(1x lance KO's hovers) then run away.go to cap their base they go to yours faster.NO SKILL and NO FUN!!! biggest contribution to people not playing CW.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, VileBib3 said:

If they nerf the frame effect they need to increase its penetration then, framing is a big part of its utility.

In my opinion: "framing" shouldn't be the focus of *any* weapon. If scorpion underperforms because it is no longer behaving as an exploit, then it could be buffed, but I have a feeling the intended uses (or slightly less effective framing) will keep it competitive.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VileBib3 said:

The only thing “forgotten” was the description

That was a misinterpretation. Scorp never had the ability to ignore damage resistance/passthrough. Frames currently take 50% of damage / 50% passthrough from bullet damage, and scorp's base damage was well over twice the strongest frame's health (2*96=192, 192 < scorp).

Nothing is changing to scorpions, the change is to frames.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

That was a misinterpretation. Scorp never had the ability to ignore damage resistance/passthrough. Frames currently take 50% of damage / 50% passthrough from bullet damage, and scorp's base damage was well over twice the strongest frame's health (2*96=192, 192 < scorp).

Nothing is changing to scorpions, the change is to frames.

This is false. Cannons hit plenty hard and it takes 4 hits on a frame. Its the gun, not the frame and its what its good for.  

Well Scorpions will become useless again if the dev's take away their ability to knock out frames. It was never a secret that Scorpions killed frames but apparently all you need today to wreck a relic weapon are a few crybabies. As far as comments about shooting where the Neutrino shows, that has never worked properly it doesn't show the proper location so hitting the little x's doesn't mean squat. Half the time it shows them to be outside the vehicle floating in the air! With the big damage reduction they did to the Scorpion your chances of taking out generators or ammo pack is even less than it used to be anyway.

Targem you keep listening to the crybabies and you will keep making bad move after bad move until nobody plays this game anymore. You have done an excellent job of making me not care about playing Crossout anymore, just as I was starting to play again since you gave the Scorpion its accuracy back (which you never should have taken away in the first place) now you are going to wreck it by removing its ability to frame.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, Spedemix said:

^^Yeah, because accuracy buff amounts to nothing?

You mean giving it back the accuracy it was born with. It was NEVER buffed. It is still nerfed as it stands today, it does much less damage than it originally did.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, txchristopher said:

You mean giving it back the accuracy it was born with. It was NEVER buffed. It is still nerfed as it stands today, it does much less damage than it originally did.

tiki worded it really nicely for you:

11 hours ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

In my opinion: "framing" shouldn't be the focus of *any* weapon. If scorpion underperforms because it is no longer behaving as an exploit, then it could be buffed, but I have a feeling the intended uses (or slightly less effective framing) will keep it competitive.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, lucashc90 said:

Please, no untradeable decor. Decor doesn't even hold their original purpose of spaced armor, there is no need to lock them to any account. Players have spoken:

(yes, I'm making a post for each point I make because it is easier for you to adress them separately)

I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm just curious. Where exactly did it say that the original purpose of decor was for it to be used as spaced armor?

No, seriously. I've been playing Crossout since the Closed Beta test, and NOWHERE did it ever say that decor was meant to be used as spaced armor. You know what can, and should be used as spaced armor? Armor pieces! Not decor parts, not radars, ARMOR.

Stop abusing game mechanics, and the devs won't have to constantly trim the game to keep it playable. Pretty simple stuff, people.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Geminikid13 said:

Stop abusing game mechanics, and the devs won't have to constantly trim the game to keep it playable. Pretty simple stuff, people

being decent is too difficult. 

but as long as it works and is more competitive than being decent...its all we're gonna see in the "competitive" end of the game. 

we can install 30 radars for armor but we cant install 1 epic +1 rare engine. makes sense doesnt it.

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Sad 1

I honestly will not miss this:

Spoiler

For the record, most people tend to use two frame points attached to cabin. My build has three contact points to make it more resistant to deframing. I guess it works since one of my legs survived! :DD

New maps, Fortress finally reworked : good
About Fortress and other race maps: Be careful with the race track. Put some hard surfaces there and avoid huge bumps please, hovers have enough of an advantage without being helped by the maps (and they're helped by all the maps)

Reward decor not taking place: Great and logical. Untradable items (except fused ones) shouldn't take inventory space, especially stuff you earn through events.

18 hours ago, Geminikid13 said:

I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm just curious. Where exactly did it say that the original purpose of decor was for it to be used as spaced armor?

No, seriously. I've been playing Crossout since the Closed Beta test, and NOWHERE did it ever say that decor was meant to be used as spaced armor. You know what can, and should be used as spaced armor? Armor pieces! Not decor parts, not radars, ARMOR.

Stop abusing game mechanics, and the devs won't have to constantly trim the game to keep it playable. Pretty simple stuff, people.

Bad wording on my part. Many decor were limited in quantities because players constantly repurposed it as spaced armor and devs tried to counter that. Not that it SHOULD be used as such but it was how it was used, hence the "original purpose": not devs' intention but players' original purpose for it.

I 100% agree with you and I hope I made myself clear now and, since it doesn't hold its use or value now, it should become tradeable as it always were. That is my view.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Many decor were limited in quantities because players constantly repurposed it as spaced armor

:lol::lol:

"limited decor items". you know what the market is for? the only actually limited parts are structure parts and untradable parts from events. or do you call 20 mammoth balloons on a single build "limited"

Edited by forc3dinduction

On 7/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, BjKalderon said:

At the same time, we took into account the comments and suggestions on enemy kill assists, both in raids and in missions. Now, if you deal damage to the enemy, and it was destroyed 15 seconds after your last hit, then you do not get any points. In the updated version, the fact of your assistance in the destruction of the enemy will be maintained until the end of the battle, and you will receive additional experience points if the enemy is destroyed.

I know this says mission and raids but will we see this in brawls as well, Free for all specifically. Will make it to where you cant run away and detonate to keep others from scoring if they damage you. Its a pretty big deal imo.

@BjKalderon @Woodyrojo

Thx!

On 7/5/2019 at 4:50 PM, forc3dinduction said:

there was an announcement about ck's becoming uncraftable and untradable for at least a month before it happened.

well i did take a long break from this game.... but still they told people they were taking cks out and we allowed that to happen???? smh.

Would be nice if you guys stop forcing everyone into the same meta. First it was all melee, now we have these stupid indestructible hovers. Leave the relics how they are, they are meant to be better than legendary weapons. Would be nice to add some new relics and legendary weapons, and fix the stupid radar exploit. It's worse than the decor armor. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Grizzles1 said:

Would be nice if you guys stop forcing everyone into the same meta. First it was all melee, now we have these stupid indestructible hovers. Leave the relics how they are, they are meant to be better than legendary weapons. Would be nice to add some new relics and legendary weapons, and fix the stupid radar exploit. It's worse than the decor armor. 

Hmmm, why is it always the hover players that come up with these silly, ugly armor setups? First they buy up tons of balloons and neon signs, now its radars from head to toe. Simple fix to get rid of all these exploit metas and weapon balancing headaches: remove Hovers from the game...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

Hmmm, why is it always the hover players that come up with these silly, ugly armor setups? First they buy up tons of balloons and neon signs, now its radars from head to toe. Simple fix to get rid of all these exploit metas and weapon balancing headaches: remove Hovers from the game...

Those aren't even the worst bugs. I saw people using Hovers to win Steel Cradle without ever firing a shot. They just lead every bot and Lev to chase them into the Acid Lake. You would think Targem would notice these logs showing people never killing a single bot and winning Steel Cradle every time. 

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, Grizzles1 said:

Why is it an exploit? If i wanted 2 or 3 radars just incase the first one got shot off that could be a real thing. If anyone is capable of accessing the same parts and use them in the same way, its legit.  I dont run a lot of radars, i didnt run a lot if decor, but i dont cry about the people that do.  If you can afford the 50k guns (ps4 price) than you can afford a few radars .

they really ought to start adding in blue structure parts for every faction that have their own unique defensive perks and make them better defence than a radar. 

Edited by Babylonsburning
Jitterbug
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, BeepBeepImaSheep said:

I saw people using Hovers to win Steel Cradle without ever firing a shot. They just lead every bot and Lev to chase them into the Acid Lake. You would think Targem would notice these logs showing people never killing a single bot and winning Steel Cradle every time. 

Why waste your time like that, this literally takes forever.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.