BjKalderon

[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players. Leviathans and the test server

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Many decor were limited in quantities because players constantly repurposed it as spaced armor

:lol::lol:

"limited decor items". you know what the market is for? the only actually limited parts are structure parts and untradable parts from events. or do you call 20 mammoth balloons on a single build "limited"

Edited by forc3dinduction

On 7/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, BjKalderon said:

At the same time, we took into account the comments and suggestions on enemy kill assists, both in raids and in missions. Now, if you deal damage to the enemy, and it was destroyed 15 seconds after your last hit, then you do not get any points. In the updated version, the fact of your assistance in the destruction of the enemy will be maintained until the end of the battle, and you will receive additional experience points if the enemy is destroyed.

I know this says mission and raids but will we see this in brawls as well, Free for all specifically. Will make it to where you cant run away and detonate to keep others from scoring if they damage you. Its a pretty big deal imo.

@BjKalderon @Woodyrojo

Thx!

On 7/5/2019 at 4:50 PM, forc3dinduction said:

there was an announcement about ck's becoming uncraftable and untradable for at least a month before it happened.

well i did take a long break from this game.... but still they told people they were taking cks out and we allowed that to happen???? smh.

Would be nice if you guys stop forcing everyone into the same meta. First it was all melee, now we have these stupid indestructible hovers. Leave the relics how they are, they are meant to be better than legendary weapons. Would be nice to add some new relics and legendary weapons, and fix the stupid radar exploit. It's worse than the decor armor. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Grizzles1 said:

Would be nice if you guys stop forcing everyone into the same meta. First it was all melee, now we have these stupid indestructible hovers. Leave the relics how they are, they are meant to be better than legendary weapons. Would be nice to add some new relics and legendary weapons, and fix the stupid radar exploit. It's worse than the decor armor. 

Hmmm, why is it always the hover players that come up with these silly, ugly armor setups? First they buy up tons of balloons and neon signs, now its radars from head to toe. Simple fix to get rid of all these exploit metas and weapon balancing headaches: remove Hovers from the game...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

Hmmm, why is it always the hover players that come up with these silly, ugly armor setups? First they buy up tons of balloons and neon signs, now its radars from head to toe. Simple fix to get rid of all these exploit metas and weapon balancing headaches: remove Hovers from the game...

Those aren't even the worst bugs. I saw people using Hovers to win Steel Cradle without ever firing a shot. They just lead every bot and Lev to chase them into the Acid Lake. You would think Targem would notice these logs showing people never killing a single bot and winning Steel Cradle every time. 

On 7/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, Grizzles1 said:

Why is it an exploit? If i wanted 2 or 3 radars just incase the first one got shot off that could be a real thing. If anyone is capable of accessing the same parts and use them in the same way, its legit.  I dont run a lot of radars, i didnt run a lot if decor, but i dont cry about the people that do.  If you can afford the 50k guns (ps4 price) than you can afford a few radars .

they really ought to start adding in blue structure parts for every faction that have their own unique defensive perks and make them better defence than a radar. 

Edited by Babylonsburning
Jitterbug
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, BeepBeepImaSheep said:

I saw people using Hovers to win Steel Cradle without ever firing a shot. They just lead every bot and Lev to chase them into the Acid Lake. You would think Targem would notice these logs showing people never killing a single bot and winning Steel Cradle every time. 

Why waste your time like that, this literally takes forever.

Cap the damage that Tusk can do in a single hit

Before I get too far, yes, Tusk is finicky and can be difficult to use in the boosted builds.

That said, if you know how to build (or use exhibition to copy a build) you can turn the Tusk cabin into a nightmare at low to mid PS. Unlike lances, which are one time use, you can load a Tusk build with multiple banks of boosters. Then the slightest rake with the tip of this build will insta-destroy even a Goliath track. In most cases with low to mid PS builds, you can destroy entire vehicles one after the other in a single hit. The only limiting factor is how many boosters/fuel you are carrying and how much self damage is accrued (typically not a lot in most builds on exhibition).

It is ridiculous to log into a 4-9k match and see a single player wipe out half of your team in less than a minute as they boost around, cloak, destroy, boost away. Just last night I played match after match with either a Goliath+Bastion or Humpback/Echo+Tracks, fairly tank-y builds, and either got movement crippled or destroyed outright in a single hit. I can cope with that happening from lances because I know I ate a huge amount (if not all) of their damage capability for the match. But it is beyond annoying and unfair to have that happen and then see the same player do it again and again to my other teammates until a lucky shot cripples them. That might take the full match, as the sheer number of boosters they load allows them to boost away from destruction even if they are flipped/partially crippled.

You know the cab has this capability because you have even removed raids to fix them so as to prevent the exploit of boosting the Tusk past a threshold damage value one would get just from ramming alone. You are fixing a relic weapon because it can unfairly one shot a vehicle's capability over and over in one hit. Please either cap the max damage the Tusk can do while boosted, put a set limit on number of boosters allowed on a vehicle, or make it take considerably more damage per ramming kill. No other cab is straight up given the ability to use an exploit to single shot an opponent without a recognizable reduction in it's continued offensive capability.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mordbrand said:

Cap the damage that Tusk can do in a single hit

Before I get too far, yes, Tusk is finicky and can be difficult to use in the boosted builds.

Don't forget that it doesn't always hit what is visibly hit, does damage to yourself, has no self defense if used for perk, requires having multiple modules only for that purpose.

That said, if you know how to build (or use exhibition to copy a build) you can turn the Tusk cabin into a nightmare at low to mid PS. Unlike lances, which are one time use, you can load a Tusk build with multiple banks of boosters. Then the slightest rake with the tip of this build will insta-destroy even a Goliath track. In most cases with low to mid PS builds, you can destroy entire vehicles one after the other in a single hit. The only limiting factor is how many boosters/fuel you are carrying and how much self damage is accrued (typically not a lot in most builds on exhibition).

Drone builds are a nightmare in lower PS matches. Boosters are extremely weak and cannot have more fuel added yet (hopefully soon).

It is ridiculous to log into a 4-9k match and see a single player wipe out half of your team in less than a minute as they boost around, cloak, destroy, boost away. Just last night I played match after match with either a Goliath+Bastion or Humpback/Echo+Tracks, fairly tank-y builds, and either got movement crippled or destroyed outright in a single hit. I can cope with that happening from lances because I know I ate a huge amount (if not all) of their damage capability for the match. But it is beyond annoying and unfair to have that happen and then see the same player do it again and again to my other teammates until a lucky shot cripples them. That might take the full match, as the sheer number of boosters they load allows them to boost away from destruction even if they are flipped/partially crippled.

You saw a hand full of matches were a tusk cabin did well enough to note, how many others did you see where it did nearly nothing? The bigger the target, the easier to hit right? Back to my first reply.

You know the cab has this capability because you have even removed raids to fix them so as to prevent the exploit of boosting the Tusk past a threshold damage value one would get just from ramming alone. You are fixing a relic weapon because it can unfairly one shot a vehicle's capability over and over in one hit. Please either cap the max damage the Tusk can do while boosted, put a set limit on number of boosters allowed on a vehicle, or make it take considerably more damage per ramming kill. No other cab is straight up given the ability to use an exploit to single shot an opponent without a recognizable reduction in it's continued offensive capability.

Steel cradle is entirely possible with tusk cabin, actually pretty viable on easy raids. Chase was removed because of harvester wedges, actually harvesters in general. The tusk cabin has such a great damage potential because if you want to use it, you are using a completely different style of play that is not easy at all to play nor not really working well in the first place. If you are really being one shot by the tusk cabin, you are going to be one shot by a spear build, your cabin must be exposed or very easily exposed.

We don't need to nerf another thing that is rarely used and never taken seriously because you can mitigate their damage by moving slightly, have them hit something other than your exposed cabin, its seriously that easy. I have been playing ramming builds when it was better to have multiple engines on your build than boosters. Keep playing, you will rarely see them in higher PS matches.

• Thanks 1

Some player will not rest until we are all using starter cars with hornets (because even if we are stuck with chords, luparas and avengers people would still cry).

...and even then some will still cry...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XO_Sweet_Teeth said:

Don't forget that it doesn't always hit what is visibly hit, does damage to yourself, has no self defense if used for perk, requires having multiple modules only for that purpose.

Drone builds are a nightmare in lower PS matches. Boosters are extremely weak and cannot have more fuel added yet (hopefully soon).

You saw a hand full of matches were a tusk cabin did well enough to note, how many others did you see where it did nearly nothing? The bigger the target, the easier to hit right? Back to my first reply.

Steel cradle is entirely possible with tusk cabin, actually pretty viable on easy raids. Chase was removed because of harvester wedges, actually harvesters in general. The tusk cabin has such a great damage potential because if you want to use it, you are using a completely different style of play that is not easy at all to play nor not really working well in the first place. If you are really being one shot by the tusk cabin, you are going to be one shot by a spear build, your cabin must be exposed or very easily exposed.

We don't need to nerf another thing that is rarely used and never taken seriously because you can mitigate their damage by moving slightly, have them hit something other than your exposed cabin, its seriously that easy. I have been playing ramming builds when it was better to have multiple engines on your build than boosters. Keep playing, you will rarely see them in higher PS matches.

As I said, it does require slightly more skill than a lance build.

It's not just a handful of matches, they run in streaks but it is becoming more of a trend as of late.

Drone builds are easy to kill in low PS, unless they are running grenadiers.

Chase was also removed because of tusk rams.

If you are in a slow vehicle or wheeled vehicle that cannot strafe, you WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO MOVE once they become visible as they cloak to get near you.

Just because it is a unique style of play does not mean that it is not being used with boosters to do too much damage repeatedly. That argument makes little to no sense.

8 hours ago, Mordbrand said:
Spoiler

As I said, it does require slightly more skill than a lance build.

It's not just a handful of matches, they run in streaks but it is becoming more of a trend as of late.

Drone builds are easy to kill in low PS, unless they are running grenadiers.

Chase was also removed because of tusk rams.

If you are in a slow vehicle or wheeled vehicle that cannot strafe, you WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO MOVE once they become visible as they cloak to get near you.

Just because it is a unique style of play does not mean that it is not being used with boosters to do too much damage repeatedly. That argument makes little to no sense.

Spoiler

3b604d2e1cd4437670a2a6885cadbe8c.png

Looks like 7K ps weapons on a 5K build, remove the radar and your a seal clubber. Also if it is so OP, why don't you use it? You owned one, or is it possible that you used it and couldn't get the hang of it. Saw how how hard that cabin is to use and gave up, now you see people that are good with it and you want it nerfed?

I just would rather see more bigger issues brought up other than complains about a very under used item. Yea, tusk does serious damage, but you give up so much to get that damage and it can be easily taken away in combat. Especially if the person complaining has poor build design against what they are complaining about.

15 hours ago, XO_Sweet_Teeth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

3b604d2e1cd4437670a2a6885cadbe8c.png

Looks like 7K ps weapons on a 5K build, remove the radar and your a seal clubber. Also if it is so OP, why don't you use it? You owned one, or is it possible that you used it and couldn't get the hang of it. Saw how how hard that cabin is to use and gave up, now you see people that are good with it and you want it nerfed?

I just would rather see more bigger issues brought up other than complains about a very under used item. Yea, tusk does serious damage, but you give up so much to get that damage and it can be easily taken away in combat. Especially if the person complaining has poor build design against what they are complaining about.

1. If you think my raid build is remotely a seal clubbing build, you have another think coming. There are FAR more heinous builds that run in the 5k and below section.

2. I don't use it because I don't (and didn't) like the mechanic. Goliath/Goblin is OP (which is also something I have complained about) but I use the 'expletive' out of that build. Just because something is OP, doesn't mean you like the way it works or use it. Also, if we are talking about skill as a requisite, I have had both scorpions and pulsars. Both of those weapons work better in a hover based build. I suck at using hovers. Does that mean neither of those weapons were OP? The devs sure didn't think so as of the current build on the test server. You need to take a step back and look at whether an item is OP, not the employment method of the item. In the case of the tusk, being able to ONE HIT KILL at least 3 players in a team based game before you die is pretty bloody OP.

3. It is used quite a bit. If it were slightly easier to use and didn't require both a specific playstyle and multiple boosters, it would be as widespread as some of the other low to mid tier weapons that are practically required to do well. Also, some people consider it cheesy and probably don't use it because of that, just like some won't run lance or sparkvester builds.

4. Again, you are looking at my raid build for the most part. If there is a daily requiring MG use, I might use it in PvP, but it's average there at best. I've had tusks one shot my normal PVP builds multiple times, taking out tanky goliath/track/auger based builds in a single shot. I can ABSORB six Lancelots from a lance build and only lose a goliath track. That same build can be taken out in a single hit from a Tusk build.

21 hours ago, Mordbrand said:
Spoiler

1. If you think my raid build is remotely a seal clubbing build, you have another think coming. There are FAR more heinous builds that run in the 5k and below section.

2. I don't use it because I don't (and didn't) like the mechanic. Goliath/Goblin is OP (which is also something I have complained about) but I use the 'expletive' out of that build. Just because something is OP, doesn't mean you like the way it works or use it. Also, if we are talking about skill as a requisite, I have had both scorpions and pulsars. Both of those weapons work better in a hover based build. I suck at using hovers. Does that mean neither of those weapons were OP? The devs sure didn't think so as of the current build on the test server. You need to take a step back and look at whether an item is OP, not the employment method of the item. In the case of the tusk, being able to ONE HIT KILL at least 3 players in a team based game before you die is pretty bloody OP.

3. It is used quite a bit. If it were slightly easier to use and didn't require both a specific playstyle and multiple boosters, it would be as widespread as some of the other low to mid tier weapons that are practically required to do well. Also, some people consider it cheesy and probably don't use it because of that, just like some won't run lance or sparkvester builds.

4. Again, you are looking at my raid build for the most part. If there is a daily requiring MG use, I might use it in PvP, but it's average there at best. I've had tusks one shot my normal PVP builds multiple times, taking out tanky goliath/track/auger based builds in a single shot. I can ABSORB six Lancelots from a lance build and only lose a goliath track. That same build can be taken out in a single hit from a Tusk build.

Firstly, that is a horrible raid build, I understand the low PS, believe it or not, spikes are the best for low PS raiding.
Secondly, incoming nerf for pulsars and scorpions, read the news and notice what is dominating the market the most with sell and buy orders.
Thirdly, you explained what its biggest down fall to using here.

21 hours ago, Mordbrand said:

Also, you must not play in competitive matches much to think that people would consider a cheesy tactic unplayable because it is cheesy. Exaples are wedges, spark-harvester (+ or - lances), lances, scorpion frame shots, decor armor, spaced armor, radio armor, radar armor, grille part armor, kapcan and probably some others that I am forgetting that have either have been patched long ago or still need patched.
Fourth, you missed what I said here...

On 7/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, XO_Sweet_Teeth said:

If you are really being one shot by the tusk cabin, you are going to be one shot by a spear build, your cabin must be exposed or very easily exposed.

Keep playing, you need more experience to know that this is not worth complaining about because you can easily build to counter it. Even if it is nerfed into the ground, we going to remove all the passive melee weapons next? We didn't have the tusk cabin in closed beta and that is what we used and still can use today, they are actually better because you can't destroy your health when you hit something nearly as much as what you can do with tusk cabin.

Spoiler

bbbb7a329c8176e7ecc4303902ef45e2.png

This is more effective than a tusk cabin will ever be. If you don't one shot it, you are going to move and distort them pretty badly. But is it worth 9K+ PS? You tell me. Looks prettier at least.

• Upvote 1

@Mordbrand Tusk is fine. It's the biggest ramming tool in the game and Goliath is the weakest movement part against it, so once again you're complaining about your hardcounter.

Ram works like Scorp to some extent, meaning it can simply ignore your goliath and reach through it for your cab or frames. Most goliath bricks have poor frame weldng points and low actual HPs, meaning they explode really easily when you poke them. It's not just about Tusk, I play mostly fast 3-5 tons cars and if I'm playing MGs, I'm going to try to ram the goliath because it's just much more dangerous to him than anything I can try to do with my peashooters.

Obviously there are ways to build against it but they're counterproductive with tracks (widening your craft madly ain't that good when you're trying to pull off a Bastion Goliath thing), so either stop trying to play 4k HPs bricks with Goblins, or don't expose your flanks. If you're going to get rammed, give the Tusk a xxxx attack angle! Show him some bits that sticks out, get a 45° angle with him, try to make him ricochet or slide over some xxxx decor. Being rammed full speed by a tusk for no damage happens too, and you didn't mention it.

(I must add that complaining about Tusk when you're playing a cheesy Bastion gobo box... Hmmmyeah)

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 2

> 3 Craftable epic faction cabs in the game

> 1 Epic Wheel

> Grenadier drones have more durability and less energy cost than impulses

> Druzbahs melee contact is still broken

> Chase raid is non - existent

> What happened to new brawls?

Let's add more CK's and make invasions harder :015:

I feel Robbed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/8/2019 at 1:22 AM, forc3dinduction said:

:lol::lol:

"limited decor items". you know what the market is for? the only actually limited parts are structure parts and untradable parts from events. or do you call 20 mammoth balloons on a single build "limited"

I call limited as in "This event only gives you 1 untradeable tactical birch or steering wheel totem and after the event is over you will never have the chance to get it again, enjoy!"

Edited by lucashc90

7 minutes ago, OpTheChosenOne said:

so hover inerton nerf got cancelled ? daaam noice

Infact tht isn't a nerf. If u realize they are trying to increase hover resistance to some recoilful cannon shot like tsunami. And also prevent them from bouncing left and right without permission lol

On 7/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, XO_Sweet_Teeth said:

I agree 100% with this, people always complain and whine to nerf things cause they're lacking in skills/department

• Upvote 1

I hope they remember that the cost of weapon CK's was significantly higher on consoles when they get around to deciding on our compensation for duplicates.

The physical models of the following weapons have been changed:

• Cannon “Avenger 57mm”
  • Cannon “Little Boy 6LB”
  • Cannon “ZS-34 Fat Man”
  • Cannon “Executioner 88 mm”
  • Cannon “ZS-46 Mammoth”
  • Cannon “BC-17 Tsunami”
  • Cannon “CC-18 Typhoon”
  • Grenade launcher “AGS-55 Impulse”
  • Grenade Launcher “Retcher”
  • Plasma gun “Pulsar”
  • Flamethrower “Firebug”
  • “Mandrake” Howitzer
  • Pulse Accelerator “Scorpion”

Developer comment: We continue to work on updating the physical models of rotating weapons. Now the physical models of the listed weapons are smaller, follow the rotation of the barrels correctly and correspond more to their visual models. Note that changes in the physical models can lead to the need to reassemble some of your armoured vehicles.
Where  is the cyclone??? the weapon that u must shrink the weapon that most need a shrink and u dont added on the list
developers u go to shrink this weapon in the future? 

Edited by Eljesu007

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.