Beta_Angel

[Adjustment Suggestions] Constructive Feedback

On 2/26/2020 at 5:50 PM, CamoWraith said:

I would like the Tracks and Meatgrinders to be improved. Small Tracks, Hardened Tracks, and Augers are prone to spinning out of control, popping a wheelie and spinning around like a top, the also climb up unintended terrain and roll over.

4 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

I'm not sure if I would wanna raise the center of mass for small tracks. They're unstable enough as is. The low ground clearance is awful though. I'm not sure what to think about this.

I do not have a what i like or dislike commentary about this suggestion only a possible solution how to fix the crying about hover tanks.

Remove hard speed limits. And make all movements have a percentile based speed limit based on cabin + engine

Example hovers. No more 75 max.

New speed = cabin + engine x .8 (hover proposed percentile)

Therefore icebox + collossus  formerly speed of 70km on hover would become 56km.

While a smaller cabin like a harpy with a hot red,  would be aprox 85 max speed

I propose a percentile assignment for every movmeent type. That way there is no possible way, a tank, is faster than a small glass cannon. An echo on a cheeah would be able to hit 68 km which is still a tank, but giving up reload speed to get it.

This would give you the opportunity to make smaller wheels faster than bigfoots , (id leave bigfoots where they are) and change the game entirely.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I do not have a what i like or dislike commentary about this suggestion only a possible solution how to fix the crying about hover tanks.

Remove hard speed limits. And make all movements have a percentile based speed limit based on cabin + engine

Example hovers. No more 75 max.

New speed = cabin + engine x .8 (hover proposed percentile)

Therefore icebox + collossus  formerly speed of 70km on hover would become 56km.

While a smaller cabin like a harpy with a hot red,  would be aprox 85 max speed

I propose a percentile assignment for every movmeent type. That way there is no possible way, a tank, is faster than a small glass cannon. An echo on a cheeah would be able to hit 68 km which is still a tank, but giving up reload speed to get it.

This would give you the opportunity to make smaller wheels faster than bigfoots , (id leave bigfoots where they are) and change the game entirely.

Such space stuff like energy weapons and hovers should be put where they belong, fighting similar space vehicles on their own game, flying in black space between asteroids.

And this aint picking a fight. I just feel that those dont belong to even near future of apocalypse and there should be more realistic feel to the game, in a way of what kind of weapons and vehicles are offered.  More mechanical, less imaginary.  You know, bullets, not plasma, and so on.

But why cant there be few duplicated maps,offering a mixed fights of everything, as well as maps without drones / hovers. So the guys who dislike hovers could fight in hover free map, and drone haters then could fight in drone free map. Everyone could keep on living :).

• Confused 2

Devs I really hope you balance the trigger, grenadier, and annihilator next patch. I’m sure your statistics show that. Don’t worry about the sales though because the majority of money that can be made off of those items already have been made.

It is safe to nerf them. I don’t know what’s taking so long for the grenadier. It’s pretty plain and obvious that it’s NOT balanced.

Father, i beg of you to;

Buff Emily,

Make all deciratiive exhausts have good sounds, in example Swarm might sound like heavily tuned turbo drift car,

Buff gl-55,

Reduce cloak times,

Weaken hover "legs",

Buff Sprinter , 

Buff hardcore,

Speed up and weaken tracks,

Take away all drones,

Give us a 1943 Ford pickup cab without hood abd with Duster specs,

Make us a fast accelerating engine, size 2x3x3, not for high speeds nor for heavy loads but good enough for light buggy to jump and do even a wheelie when hitting the throttle. Put effort in its sound and how the supercharger looks on top of it.,

Buff white and blue mg's and shotguns,

Give newbies all new starter car,

Give us slippery ice in large quantities for few maps, so tracks, studded and chained wheels would be awesome,  drifting between hovers and legs,but other rubber wheels would be far from trendy op word,

Scale down wheel and weapon sizes a bit for good proportions too, and so in example there would be realistic offroad knobby wheels on deep rims, that still fit in lets say Harpy cabs fenders like wheels really do.

Oh and give us true dense forests with low birds eye visibility when looking from players view if players cab rides high.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Omnibox+Colossus is obscenely good.  I'm sure you knew that, just from the way they mate up together.  OMFG, I'm sure requests for nerfs are incoming soon, but don't listen to them.  I'm still not sure whether or not I actually want to sell my Photon, but I am sorely temted!

Edited by psiberzerker

Without a major hover nerf... anything else you do for balancing is basically pointless.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Without a major hover nerf... anything else you do for balancing is basically pointless.

I agree that hovers are the most powerful movement part. I dislike the nerfing hover idea. The following happens when the Devs nerf or rebalance hovers:

1. Players find a way to work around the nerf. 

2. Players will move the the next best thing like Bigfoot, ML-200, and Bigrams

The latter is especially scary because Tracks and Augers are useless in CW. I don't want another epic movement part being almost useless.

I think they should re-balance all of the epic movement parts. I like Babylonsburning's idea of removing hard caps and  replace them with soft caps. This would allow speed to be determined by the cabin and engine. It would allow light cabins to feel fast and agile. Heavy cabins would feel tough and powerful. The various medium cabins would fill the spots in between.

The devs need to improve physics. Most of the epic movement parts suffer from poor physics. This is one of the biggest problems with the games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Feature:

Engines wihout perks are seldom used

Adjustment:

0 energy requirements for engines without perks -Dun horse and Razorback. Perhaps make the Hot Red use 1 energy

Feature:

Acceleration on wheels too slow

Adjustment

Reduce power draw of all wheels by 5%. This would also help to even out the advantages of hovers without nerfing them more.

Feature:

Punisher mediocre

Adjustment

Make weapon model a new relic autocannon- slower rate of fire than MGs and low depression are already features of ACs

Feature

Omnibox cooldown on heat based weapons too low.

Adjustment

Increase cooldown for heat based weapons to 70%. The 15% increase for reload based weapons makes it equivalent to an epic engine (Hot Red at 10% or Colossus at 20%). However the 15% cooldown bonus is less than that of the rare cooler. The epic cooler has a perk of 70% + a 30% perk.

Feature

Engines give an advantage to reload based weapons over heat based weapons at high power scores. Very large vehicles need an engine to even move, and generally their perks are reload based.

Adjustment

Match reload perks with heat perks for engines. E.g. a 20% increase in reload equals a 70% increase in cooling.

• Confused 2

These are the features I don't like:

• New Raid spawn mechanics, i.e. raiders random spawning even behind defense points, this allows every bot to Target the tower melting it down 30%+ before your team can respond many times because bots seemingly never switch aggro.

These are the features how I'd like them:

• Minimum spawn distance from defence points that would keep bots from spawning behind the objective.
  • And maybe some new aggro mechanics which would also help out with pvp bots chasing single targets across the map

Conclusion: While I believe this change was done to help fix the spawn issue on wrath of Khan (which is fixed, thank you) the trade off has been more time spent in raid (most boring game mode cause pve, for me, is never that interesting) due to failure from random spawns behind the truck

Edited by NewBassEarth08
Added not about aggro mechanic
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NewBassEarth08 said:

New Raid spawn mechanics, i.e. raiders random spawning even behind defense points, this allows every bot to Target the tower melting it down 30%+ before your team can respond many times because bots seemingly never switch aggro

I dislike that too. It seems like bad teammates are even more of a liability when they don't know how to position themselves.

for balance sake, id like to see in pvp no groups, all randoms, judged by their weapons, and bots no over the highest ps

is that so much to ask?

group for group

or pve, pvp, 4 vs 4, 2vs 2 etc

4 group vs all randoms = a WASTE OF TIME

• Upvote 2

Hello,

Honestly, the constant hover nerf is just stupid. What makes them really that different from a legged build now ? (Look at the picture, come on)sadness.jpg.20a87fa133ed0b636605bf39036a

The only difference now is the faster strafing....and that's it ! All that to nerf the hover cannon build , this is insanity  ! 

Give us other equally strong options instead of nerfing everything into the ground  !

I am looking at you Wheels !

I think a good way to nerf the Hovers cannon build without breaking what makes Hovers fun is to simply reduce drastically the weight they can lift  and give them a real altitude .

Icarus  VII :
-
Durability : 200 (25% resistance against explosion ,-25% resistance against Laser and Fire)  from 135
- Power : -5%
-Tonnage: 125kg from 850kg
-Mass : 250 kg  from 325kg
-Cabin max speed : -5 km/h
Hovering altitude  of 12 "welding points" instead 6 .

Icarus  IV :
-
Durability : 300 (25% resistance against explosion ,-25% resistance against Laser and Fire) from 160
- Power : -8%
-Tonnage: 200kg from 850kg
-Mass : 400 kg  from 325kg
-Cabin max speed : -8 km/h
Hovering altitude  of 12 "welding points" instead 6 .

This way , Hovers will become fast and agile "cars" as expected , but with medium to low armor on which cannons are not suited (but still somewhat usable).
It also solves the fragility of such mobility parts that makes mounting the cabin sideways almost obligatory.
An example, let's assume you need at least 4 hovers for your car and you use 4 Icarus 7 , you already are  at  minus 500kg and -20km/h .
Most light medium-light cabin will fall from 100-80 to  80-60 , which is plenty for such nimble car  , but heavy cabin with their 60km/h speed will drop to 40km/h , a really slow and easy target .
Most "meta" build right now use at least 6 hovers , this means they would fall to 30km/h , a painfully easy target .
On top of that , since the Hover is at 12"welding points" above grounds , most cannons would be near unusable because they don't have enough depression to fire unless it can be under-mounted (most can't)  and the recoil would send them flying . But smaller caliber and unusual weapons can still be used effectively . 

By the way , give us better wheels ! Or increase the durability against explosion for example like the APC wheels ! I'd love to see some wheels cars in high PS instead of the meta spider/hover pancake all the time.

Edited by Kazuam_hero
Grammar

I get that there are A LOT of posts but I really hope this one gets seen at some point.

Relic specialty

I made a post that got a few interesting responses to relic changes a few days go so I'm basically going to sort of lay it on this comment. I would really like to see some distinguishability between relics and other weapons. I'm not saying make it so that relic wins woohoo I just mean like their perks be more useful or their interfaces. The punishers reticle bloom being that it is a 4 barrel machine gun should not be increasing as much as it is for how fast it is firing and I think that needs some adjustment. Porcupines might also benefit from a slight decrease in ammo so they are no longer considered a primary weapon though I will admit they are fun asf just don't quite fit the role of minelayer anymore more like reusable lance. I can think of others but if you would like to just view the post its right here 

Why not increase the energy value by a factor of 10?

A cabin of 12 become a cabin of 120 energy , a Chord require 20 energy instead of 2 .

This way , you can adjust power and energy consumption more finely. I mean , how is a Hornet costing the same as a Chord or a Goblin ? It makes no  sense.

We could also add movement parts that need energy or not .
Small wheel 1 energy .
Medium wheels  2 energy .
Large wheels 3 energy .
Small tracks  4 energy .
Medium tracks 5 energy .
Large tracks 6 energy.
Legs  5 energy.
Bigram 6 energy.
Hover 9 energy.

That way you give a real reason for different movement part. You want durable movement parts ? You can't have as much weapons and utilities.

Same with weapons  . Small guns for little energy cost , but still cost you on parts and space if you want to dump everything  while large and powerful weapons cost a lot of energy.

I'd see machine gun ranging from 5 to 25 energy , Autocannon from 30-40 , Cannon between  50-70 ,etc...
We could also have engines with 0 to 30 energy , i don't know ! 

But at least , it could give you a great lever to nerf/up  every parts of the game and even create more fun weapons and gadgets !!
I'd love de see some wacky weapons like bouncing  bowling ball throwers , Spinning flame spitter  , mounted movable arm dealing melee damage , or a hydraulic hammer (fit perfectly with the theme of the Funders !)1737373929_hydraulichammer.jpg.d04702f56

Come on, we need a weapon like that !

Would like to provide some feedback and thoughts about current situation in game. Please note that I mostly play PVP around 10k, 13k and CW.

King Mine - Clearly a good and interesting weapon, the idea of it is nice, and it should have changed the meta in CW (which is mainly dog builds after gold, firebugs, lances, breakers, sparks). Unfortunately as you can see, they are not working as expected, cause it is useless with 3 energy points. I think they should be changed to 2 energy points. The consequence of this would be builds with 1 mine as a support weapon or  5+ Mines on a single build as a support build, probably mixed with some kapkans, but why not? It would change the meta in CW, would bring interesting weapon combos! People still prefer kapkans as you can see based on the price of Kapkan vs price of the King mine

Hover Nerf - I am personally a hover player, and I don't like the nerf but I understand where devs want to take hovers, and I really welcome it. But guess what, I see hover builds with wheels and tracks, and I am pretty sure that is not devs' vision with hovers. Something should be done about this, or just revert the changes maybe?

Assemblers - There was a nerf, but wrong parameters I think. They should nerf the perk of penetration, damage too maybe? Cause compared to scorpions, they have same perk (same-ish) + more damage less durability + with scorpions you lose against them in 1 v 1 close combat, cause they can fire more often than you. Currently

Scorpions - As people are using more and more spaced armor, which is kinda meta now, scorpions need a buff, probably adding few more blocks into penetration perk or slightly increasing the damage to match the assemblers at least, they are relics, come on, make it to behave like relics

Typhoon - Just bring back the the perk... really...

Flutes - needs some nerf in damage, I am pretty sure they gonna get them eventually (after the sales are down :))))

Will add more later :)

• Confused 1

The only thing I wish was different was for engines to make a much bigger difference with wheels. I think the speed limits of tracks/legs/augers/hovers are appropriate, but I’d really like to see a lot more acceleration for wheeled builds. 

Dislike: Paying cash for a product only to find that it's performance changes, usually worsening after purchase.

Change: Parts to be relatively balanced when introduced such that they will not be significantly changed after purchase.

Conclusion: You sell coins and packs. I do want balance, but I also expect what I pay for to perform roughly the same a week or even months after purchase. I would never buy a car if the dealership nerfed the speed or fuel mileage after purchase. I'd feel like I was scammed, kind of like I do for the couple of packs that I've bought. If you are going to ask money for stuff, then it needs to be in a close to final state. Minor adjustments are acceptable large substantial changes are not. Trends of large changes and adjustments may indicate that there is something wrong with how things are being done.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Xtro_Krispy said:

Dislike: Paying cash for a product only to find that it's performance changes, usually worsening after purchase.

Change: Parts to be relatively balanced when introduced such that they will not be significantly changed after purchase.

Conclusion: You sell coins and packs. I do want balance, but I also expect what I pay for to perform roughly the same a week or even months after purchase. I would never buy a car if the dealership nerfed the speed or fuel mileage after purchase. I'd feel like I was scammed, kind of like I do for the couple of packs that I've bought. If you are going to ask money for stuff, then it needs to be in a close to final state. Minor adjustments are acceptable large substantial changes are not. Trends of large changes and adjustments may indicate that there is something wrong with how things are being done.

I dont know but this made me think,are the fused weapons untouchables?

I kind of hope they are,from anything that makes their ps bigger,damage lesser,or in any way worse.

And all you wrote, is very much like i think as well. I know someone might react to your post as "pay to win cry",but yeah,i dont get, at all ,that it seems more like all intentional trick,to sell packs with new powerful weapons...only to be nerfed soon after. 

Why not release not-so-hyped parts that are only buffed afterwards ?

Balance bla bla here. And then , just as i want bought parts to be not nerfed,  my wish applies to crafted weapons too. Only buffs. Meaning that devs release more mediocre,less op-ish things, and nobody then even wishes for so much.

I havent gamed this not even for 6months but i have pretty many hours on this,and maybe 300 Euros? And my buds who ive quickly lured in to Crossout have all bought packs too, and each of them are pretty disappointed to see that their money went to drain after Vector,Rapier and Joule nerfs, of which i somehow can somehow,but against my will understand the nerf of Joule. Even if you would have crafted the weapons, its pretty weird to see Blue weapons get serious nerfs. Its all against what i concider as making new players to join,or use actual money,as it seems any and all pack stuff can be nerfed the day you buy it. Including weapon like Rapier, that really isnt op or used by everyone...but because of devs "stats" and "if its not used,we nerf it to the ground" policy that i cant understand at all.

Its as if car manufacturer sees their cars not sold much, they improve the car by pouring some sand in the valvetrain. 

Or if nobod hypes about their car, they put even worse parts on it. And what, wait for better reviews,or that the whole car is forgotten?

And while Rapier is nerfed,the non-turret "obsolete" cannon still gets abuff. Whats the logic , as it does not apply the same way to everything.???

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not like how slow the rotation speed is for the Whirl. All ACs have slow rotation speed but most are considered long range, so that makes sense. The Whirl is exclusively close range...yet it has the slowest rotation. 

I would like to see the Whirl have a "best in class" rotation speed. I know they will never be MGs but they should be more functional for close battles, where rotation speed is always in play.

30 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

The Whirl is exclusively close range...yet it has the slowest rotation. 

I agree on the rotation speed, but not on them being Exclusively Close-Range.  For one thing, their perk doesn't even kick in unless you're out-numbered.  It's not an exclusively outnumbered weapon, either.  It's decent at long range, and gets progressively more powerful (With Howl) when they close in.

I think the Perk should be split in 2 Stacks of 15%, or 3 stacks of 10%.  Charging in to close quarters, out-numbered is suicide.  You don't last long enough to deal serious damage that way.  (Except in raids.  They're powerful in Raids.)

Finally, something for an Auto-cannon Wedge!

We can agree to disagree with their fighting distance. Their accuracy is putrid and damage fall off starts at 65m. So i consider them 65m and in