Kilahhjoe

Fix sector ex, unfinished mill for mandrake

Technically mandrakes and hurricanes cannot properly function on this map.not enough vantage points for an attack due to %50 or more of the map has a roof.  Open up the roof a little more, remove some junk from the interior and i believe the map will be fair for any type of build.

• Upvote 1

I disagree.

While there are not too many places you can fire artillery, those are super important places for the enemy to use. All three entrances for the enemy to leave spawn are yours to bomb. If the enemy doesn't leave spawn, you'll get easy kills. If the enemy forces themselves to take cover under the roofs, they'll be sitting ducks for your team's directional weapons like cannons.

If you're not sure where to bomb, just bomb the enemy entrances, people often camp in their vicinity. If you know what you're doing in the map, eventualy the enemies start losing their patience and attempt to push your spawn - preferably one by one. Hope your team's ready for that.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, Kilahhjoe said:

Technically mandrakes and hurricanes cannot properly function on this map.not enough vantage points for an attack due to %50 or more of the map has a roof.  Open up the roof a little more, remove some junk from the interior and i believe the map will be fair for any type of build.

I would suggest alternatively, make the roof full destructible. So that mandrakes can carve away at it opening it piece by piece, reducing cover of the enemy team bit by bit.

However, I agree with Spedemix that there is no need for the Mandrake to be super-efficient in every map. For example, some maps are so open that a fast, stealthed, melee-build has difficulty approaching enemies undetected, a problem they do not have in the city map. On the other hand, the city map is terrible for cannons or the whirlwind because you can't keep a proper range against your enemies.

So in this case, the map is that one map where the Mandrake is pretty inefficient, except for keeping the cap circle clean. Fair is fair.