BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.70. Wasteland Cup

Best answer

Survivors!

We are aware that the battle counter of the played battles and destroyed enemies may not work correctly. We are working on a solution at the moment and it will be included in an upcoming small server update.

24 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

You should close the "crossout" launcher first.  From the Steam add game and let Steam search for crossout. Steam then will setup a steam-crossout launcher for you. 

I've added every launcher in Steam folder and it still doesn't reconaise opened game.\

Edit: it reconaises opened game when opened directly (without opening game launcher) but still no Steam log-in option

Edited by werty112pl

Bad, very bad decision to reduce the amount of obtainable scrap, not like it wasn't already an endless grind to get anywhere. It is the main bottleneck for crafting until you reach high levels and yes, you did reduce it as 2/3+ of it now has to be used to craft whites. Also, since the only option left after reaching the cap is playing adventure for 2-unsellable-bullet-missions or wires/batteries, I guess new/free players are just meant to be cannon fodder as they have to build piles of junk to reach the PS requirements.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Just now, bkgmjo said:

Bad, very bad decision to reduce the amount of obtainable scrap, not like it wasn't already an endless grind to get anywhere. It is the main bottleneck for crafting until you reach high levels and yes, you did reduce it as 2/3+ of it now has to be used to craft whites. Also, since the only option left after reaching the cap is playing adventure for 2-unsellable-bullet-missions or wires/batteries, I guess new/free players are just meant to be cannon fodder as they have to build piles of junk to reach the PS requirements.

This too is a huge problem and apparently nobody thought about new players in this update. What do you do when you don't have a 4k ride yet and hit the scrap cap (wich happens faster than before)? The game is literally chasing them until next week, like... *covers his eyes* Wtf, really.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, werty112pl said:

I've added every launcher in Steam folder and it still doesn't reconaise opened game.\

Edit: it reconaises opened game when opened directly (without opening game launcher) but still no Steam log-in option

Then...you should contact tech support...sorry I don't know anymore.

Just now, Clebardman said:

This too is a huge problem and apparently nobody thought about new players in this update. What do you do when you don't have a 4k ride yet and hit the scrap cap (wich happens faster than before)? The game is literally chasing them until next week, like... *covers his eyes* Wtf, really.

My god, you're right. I hadn't even thought of this yet. The huge influx of useless "white weapon" players in the 4k+ range will make these matches even more xxxx.

This patch will simply kill off everything that used to be "fun".

• Upvote 2

Due to an increased amount of daily challenges, we’ve changed the weekly challenge. Now it’s needed to compete 42 daily challenges per week (instead of 25).

This is horrible for me. 

Because of circumstances for me its no longer possible to get the miner´s container.

Before you had to play 5 days to get the miner´s container. Now you have to play 7 days per week.

This is not possible for me.

So please tell me:

Do you sacrifce my profit for "leading" the market?

Do you want to get me (and others casuals) poorer to get other prices on the market?

If so, please rethink your decision. 

Edit:

Thanks for fixing it. Now there are 10 daily quests availible.

Edited by Blasphemon
  • Upvote 6

9 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Fixed a bug with broken links to leviathans from the exhibition.

Finally!

Overall the patch looks good but no whites without increasing the scrap limit per week is just the next step to slow down progression. Also hard raids data theft the tower has now 20% less health, why? Its already bad enough if you have just a two man team and one has a much higher ps than the other!

56 minutes ago, Pompidom said:

This patch ***** over every "free" player and will drive away every single new player instantly once they realize how futile the grind has become.

The overall raw "coin income" for each hour played in PvP matches has been effectively halved for casual players.

The new system drops "raw coin" income from 20 coins/hour down to 10 coins/hour and even less.
And it's even worse for people who hit the resource limits. They will see their average "raw coin income" drop down all the way to 0 once they hit the limits.

Before the patch it was perfectly fine getting around as a free player playing only PvP matches. By simply playing and winning a lot of PvP matches you could farm whites for a steady coin income.
Now you have taken that away, there is simply no point in "playing".

There is now 0 difference in tryharding and winning or losing your match both winners and losers simply get their scrap.

The grind has been effectively doubled and even tripled depending what kind of player you are.

The end result will simply be that your pool of new players will go down, therefor the amount of people that decides to stick around climbing the economical ladder will go down and in a few months your game will be dead with 8+ bots in every single match.

Good luck with that. you officially killed off your game.

To keep a cashgrab game like this afloat you need a steady influx of new players and a sizeable amount of players that decide to stick around. Take away these pillars and your entire construction crumbles. Less players, longer queue times and your game dies off at an exponential speed.

I'd like to see a good reply to this comment, because it says what mine did but in a much more hard-hitting way. This isn't good for the players, and it isn't good for the game.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Sinless68247 said:

I'd like to see a good reply to this comment, because it says what mine did but in a much more hard-hitting way. This isn't good for the players, and it isn't good for the game.

Same

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

@BjKalderon It`s not only "battle counter of the played battles and destroyed enemies may not work correctly." Yesterday i have 38, almost 39 prestige level, and tooday i comeback from workand  i have 36, almost 37. It`s just looks like i miss exactly 1080000 XP. 

Edited by Mlody_G

53 minutes ago, Blasphemon said:

Due to an increased amount of daily challenges, we’ve changed the weekly challenge. Now it’s needed to compete 42 daily challenges per week (instead of 25).

This is horrible for me. 

Because of circumstances for me its no longer possible to get the miner´s container.

Before you had to play 5 days to get the miner´s container. Now you have to play 7 days per week.

This is not possible for me.

So please tell me:

Do you sacrifce my profit for "leading" the market?

Do you want to get me (and others casuals) poorer to get other prices on the market?

If so, please rethink your decision. 

This.

I recently picked this game back up & was enjoying a slow grind for halfway decent parts. Increasing the weekly target to 30 is the appropriate number.

42 is freaking ridiculous.

Unless this is adjusted, I, for one, am probably back out. Interested to hear some dev response on it, for sure.

[EDIT]
Okay, so it looks like this may not be as big of an issue going forward? But those of us that did complete our dailies are out the opportunity to pick up the full number today with the update.

Still, super dubious that I'll still be here in a week with these changes...

Edited by Maelstin
Additional info
  • Upvote 3

defeat

4 hours ago, AtrainSS1 said:

how can you even talk about what the game needs when melee guys like yourself are 1 of the main reasons players stop playing crossout!!!

Oh, u again? My dear scorpion hover player, do u want some undeniable truth?

No, its guys like u and your hover scorpions/typhoon team using every map exploit possible, playing an OP broken scorpion and u just want to be UNTOUCHABLE by any other builds than your own, thats the truth.

U go on unreachable places by other builds to be untouchable and attack without any downsides as u know it is a huge advantage, thats the truth.

U go there otherwise u would need to fight on equal rules and u dont want that as this is what you are afraid, that's the truth.

Players also stop playing while their build is one shot destroyed by op scorpion or when they need to chase a hover over and over but it bounces every way possible, on every map object and in the end wins cuz of  this, thats the truth. And this has nothing to do with other modes than competitive CW as no one is using those places on normal pvp, guess why... And im not using it on pvp.

It is balanced only when u have advantage and an OP weapon and a better movement part, then everything is fine, but if something can defeat your meta builds, u start to cry, just like now, thats the truth.

The truth is, DEVS added all those things to the game, so every build should be at least able to attack other build whenever u want to, to go on every map spot and all map exploits that makes it impossible for any build should be removed or blocked by invisible walls ASAP.

Some other truths, scorpion is OP, hover needs another nerf so they dont bounce on every possible thing or up 2 meters and escaping, this is ridiculous.

Another funny thing, spark slows down a non hover build a lot faster than hovers, why is this, another thing that need to be fixed so it slows down hover in the same way as wheeled build.

The truth is, i will report this til they fix it for good, til the balance it for all builds.

And u just dont want that as u want to win every time sitting on your unreachable rocks with your op hover and scorpion, thats the truth.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, szefopl said:

Still no fix for unreachable map exploits used by hovers and leg builds, disappointing, u already use invisible blocking walls on adventure mode map and this works perfectly, u could use the same on normal maps to stop this zero balance nonsense

NO scorpion frame fix, smaller model, what a joke, u could at least release the frame fix now and not wait till u BUFF scorpion again, im sure this is what this game needs.

Will you quit complaining about how you can't instakill a whole team with your melee build, pick up a gun and learn to aim instead of asking for flat boring maps so you can no skill around and get easy kills

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maelstin said:

This.

I recently picked this game back up & was enjoying a slow grind for halfway decent parts. Increasing the weekly target to 30 is the appropriate number.

42 is freaking ridiculous.

Unless this is adjusted, I, for one, am probably back out. Interested to hear some dev response on it, for sure.

I don't even understand why people complete these challenges in the first place.
I personally play this game for 8 vs 8 PvP matches, because that 's "fun"

You know, the basics of any computer game. Enjoy playing an online game where you fight other players.

I have 0 interest in raids. They are nothing more than crappy single player matches against bots. That's what single player games are for: fighting against AI. All these different game modes simply split up the left over and shrinking playerbase.
Currently PvP matches are already a joke with 4+ bots in about every single match due to insufficient playerbase. Queue times are getting longer every single day.

I have 0 interest in playing xxxx game modes like Awakening with 0 income.

I have 0 interest in completing xxxx challenges being forced to use crappy weapons I don't even have in my inventory.

As a normal working class person with a family I only have time to play a few hours each week, that gives me just enough time to complete 8 scrap PvP missions, 10 wires missions and 12 battery missions to get at least a medium sized amount of badges.

Forcing your playerbase to play crappy gamemodes or build xxxx vehicles just to complete some crappy challenges is ludicrous.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, szefopl said:

defeat

Oh, u again? My dear scorpion hover player, do u want some undeniable truth?

No, its guys like u and your hover scorpions/typhoon team using every map exploit possible, playing an OP broken scorpion and u just want to be UNTOUCHABLE by any other builds than your own, thats the truth.

U go on unreachable places by other builds to be untouchable and attack without any downsides as u know it is a huge advantage, thats the truth.

U go there otherwise u would need to fight on equal rules and u dont want that as this is what you are afraid, that's the truth.

Players also stop playing while their build is one shot destroyed by op scorpion or when they need to chase a hover over and over but it bounces every way possible, on every map object and in the end wins cuz of  this, thats the truth. And this has nothing to do with other modes than competitive CW as no one is using those places on normal pvp, guess why... And im not using it on pvp.

It is balanced only when u have advantage and an OP weapon and a better movement part, then everything is fine, but if something can defeat your meta builds, u start to cry, just like now, thats the truth.

The truth is, DEVS added all those things to the game, so every build should be at least able to attack other build whenever u want to, to go on every map spot and all map exploits that makes it impossible for any build should be removed or blocked by invisible walls ASAP.

Some other truths, scorpion is OP, hover needs another nerf so they dont bounce on every possible thing or up 2 meters and escaping, this is ridiculous.

Another funny thing, spark slows down a non hover build a lot faster than hovers, why is this, another thing that need to be fixed so it slows down hover in the same way as wheeled build.

The truth is, i will report this til they fix it for good, til the balance it for all builds.

And u just dont want that as u want to win every time sitting on your unreachable rocks with your op hover and scorpion, thats the truth.

I agree,

I'm usually the last player to complain about META builds or sealclubbers.
But toxic Scorpion hover builds in 5k matches is where I draw the line.

That's just a sure way to drive away your remaining playerbase.

• Upvote 4

The new map looks just GREAT! I hope it is as good as it is shown in the video. Nice work there, and keep it up!

Oh, and thanks for football again, it will be a fun change.

The big problem will be changes to white weapons. You should still be able to get them in battle. There is no need to change that, since it was never the problem. Game NEED to gain new players in order to stay alive, and I think this change will chase new players away.

The only solution that I can think of now is setting the amount of scrap for crafting white weapons to be REALLY cheap. That way new players should be able to get them same as before, or even easier in order to stay in game.

I know you have to earn some real money from the game, but in order to do that you first have to keep people in game. Barely anyone will throw money in from the start, especially considering how bad their experience will be due to seal clubbers in low ps. 

I see they found a way to not "fix" the broken scorpions and don't be surprised if they don't find a reason to not fix it next patch either, Can't have those cash cow's getting mad now.

And as with every patch they find a way to make the grind even longer so you will just open that wallet like a hooker opens her legs.......................smfh.

The idiot devs are well on their way to having a couple hundred players left when it's all said and done.

Edited by x_WARHOG_x
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Who should i contact if im missing CK containers? Specifically im missing containers for my cricket CKs. Is there any guide that shows what CKs were turned into what type of containers.

this is looking good.

i guess the new player market limitations are to prevent certain types of players from making dozens of side accounts to buy packs at good value and trade with their main acc? hehe, nice.

finally i can play scrap missions without hitting the storage roof.

have some buts:

- wish the sprinter had remained a light cab like it was on the two pt weekends. now the common cab line remains still incomplete except for that overpriced duster

- ingame survey is nice...but maybe have it show up only when the player spent a few hours in the game after each update and had time to experience the changes. asking for feedback without testing first doesnt make much sense.

Edited by forc3dinduction

So, I just ran some numbers. Bear with me, see what you think:

The Scrap Cap is and was 3,500 units of scrap per week. Let's say that a player, for every successful battle would get 20 scrap. That means that, in order to reach the Scrap Cap, a player would have to win 175 battles. Every won battle would also reward the player with a White Object from a list of 15 ( the 4 kinds of wheels, 2 kinds of cabins, 3 kinds of weapons, etc.). These White Objects are now all craftable, and their Scrap Cost varies from 15 (wheels) to 75 (cabins). Given that the drop rate for White Objects was practically the same, let's just calculate the Average Scrap Cost of manufacturing these White Objects; the addition of the valu divided by the number of objects, which gives us a mean of 34 Scrap per White Object.

So, in order to reach the 3,500 Scrap Cap we needed to win 175 games. Every win also gives us a White Object. That's 175 White Objects, at a Scrap Cost of 34 each, for a total Scrap Cost of 5,950 Scrap.

"But Sinless, nobody wins 100% of their games." Ok, let's make it a more even number. You win 100 games (2,000 Scrap rewarded on average), and lose however many you need to to make the remaining 1,500 Scrap (About 200 more games at 7-8 Scrap per, that's a 1/2 Win/Loss). You're still getting 100 White Objects, for an aggregate Scrap value of 3,400 Scrap.

What this means, in practice, is that, at the very least we are getting half the Effective Scrap we got pre-update (3,500 weekly + 3,400 we'd now have to spend to make the White Objects we used to get) and that we are getting, potentially, less than a third of the Maximum Effective Scrap (3,500 weekly + 5,950 from getting every single White Object in 175 wins).

And all of this is if we stop playing for the week the moment we hit the cap. This doesn't even take into account the further White Objects that we could get, which are obtained now at a net loss to our weekly scrap.

If you want to do this with any semblance of fairness, you need to raise the Scrap Cap to compensate, at the very least to a cool 9,000 (which wouldn't even allow for the 5,950). But, honestly? This is a change to the fundamental economic mechanics that the game has had from day 1. The best thing to do is test this out for a week or two, see the reaction, and then decide whether it's worth keeping, or the older, tried and true model is still better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice update in general terms.

BUT :

about RAIDS

if I'm understanding it correctly...

you are increasing the difficult of every single raid now? 

why? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Sinless68247 said:

So, I just ran some numbers. Bear with me, see what you think:

The Scrap Cap is and was 3,500 units of scrap per week. Let's say that a player, for every successful battle would get 20 scrap. That means that, in order to reach the Scrap Cap, a player would have to win 175 battles. Every won battle would also reward the player with a White Object from a list of 15 ( the 4 kinds of wheels, 2 kinds of cabins, 3 kinds of weapons, etc.). These White Objects are now all craftable, and their Scrap Cost varies from 15 (wheels) to 75 (cabins). Given that the drop rate for White Objects was practically the same, let's just calculate the Average Scrap Cost of manufacturing these White Objects; the addition of the valu divided by the number of objects, which gives us a mean of 34 Scrap per White Object.

So, in order to reach the 3,500 Scrap Cap we needed to win 175 games. Every win also gives us a White Object. That's 175 White Objects, at a Scrap Cost of 34 each, for a total Scrap Cost of 5,950 Scrap.

"But Sinless, nobody wins 100% of their games." Ok, let's make it a more even number. You win 100 games (2,000 Scrap rewarded on average), and lose however many you need to to make the remaining 1,500 Scrap (About 200 more games at 7-8 Scrap per, that's a 1/2 Win/Loss). You're still getting 100 White Objects, for an aggregate Scrap value of 3,400 Scrap.

What this means, in practice, is that, at the very least we are getting half the Effective Scrap we got pre-update (3,500 weekly + 3,400 we'd now have to spend to make the White Objects we used to get) and that we are getting, potentially, less than a third of the Maximum Effective Scrap (3,500 weekly + 5,950 from getting every single White Object in 175 wins).

And all of this is if we stop playing for the week the moment we hit the cap. This doesn't even take into account the further White Objects that we could get, which are obtained now at a net loss to our weekly scrap.

If you want to do this with any semblance of fairness, you need to raise the Scrap Cap to compensate, at the very least to a cool 9,000 (which wouldn't even allow for the 5,950). But, honestly? This is a change to the fundamental economic mechanics that the game has had from day 1. The best thing to do is test this out for a week or two, see the reaction, and then decide whether it's worth keeping, or the older, tried and true model is still better.

Raising the caps makes no difference for the big majority of the playerbase. Only the few nolifers that play this game 24/7 will benefit. "Normal" people with ordinary lives will still be royally f ucked. Over the course of 2 years that I casually play this game I've never hit any of the resource limits. Ever.

So let me run the real numbers for you.
Playing 175 games like you said to reach the scrap limit at an average of 12 games / hour

That's 15 hours straight just to reach the 3500 scrap limit.
Let's say roughly 40 hours to reach your new scrap limit of 9000.

Playing a game over 40 hours / week is the exact definition of being a worthless nolifer.

Edited by Pompidom
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pompidom said:

Raising the caps makes no difference for the big majority of the playerbase. Only the few nolifers that play this game 24/7 will benefit. "Normal" people with ordinary lives will still be royally f ucked. Over the course of 2 years that I casually play this game I've never hit any of the resource limits. Ever.

I get that, but I can easily reach the Scrap cap by just playing an hour or so a day, most games are short and it's something fun to do with my hometown friends now that I've moved away. Honestly, I'd prefer it if we just got our White Objects back, since I actually enjoyed the mechanic of winning one from a selection, and the anticipation to see if it was the one you wanted or not.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1