imdur

Scrap Metal

I'm having problems finding any articles or videos on how to build anything using scrap metal.  Can someone please help?

I have a free one, but am afraid i'll lose it if i try something and it doesn't work.

Hi!
You can't turn metal into copper,wires, etc..only Engineer Badges (farmed by doing dailies or weekly missions) can be converted into any ressource.
you can craft (most) white items from the engineer's workbench, these items are used in recipes for further crafting (common items make rares, rare items make epic, and so on)
Metal, fuel, wires and batteries are obtained in pvp, copper, plastic and electronic are obtained in pve

i have no idea what you are talking about

Edited by miranda5637
because

Common parts on the Engineers workbench require only scrap to manufacture. You can go to it, select a part, and craft it if you have enough.

There are other resources in this game needed to make weapons and hardware. Organized by where they come from and further listed in the order that you will start needing them:

Wires and Batteries come from Missions (PvP)

Copper, Plastic, and Electronics come from Raids (PvE)

Uranium comes from Clan Wars (PvP), but that's deep into the endgame.

Coupons from Raids are needed for a crate that gives a temporary legendary weapon, and for co-driver upgrades at 5-level intervals. This also requires joining that faction to unlock the driver, experience with that driver while selected to level them up, and other resources at those intervals.

Engineers Badges are acquired through certain challenges that reset each week and are used only to exchange for other resources, or certain crates.

Occasionally, events come around bring with them a temporary resource that comes from a special, temporary mission or brawl and can only be used at a special, temporary workbench for certain items.

Weapons, Hardware, and Mobility parts of each rarity above common require parts of the rarity below them along with some, but not all, of the resources listed above. The benches they are made with start costing coins, which can be acquired by real money in the shop or by selling in-game stuff to other players on the player market. Some items will require resources only, such as the paint crate, repair kits, faction flags, and engineers relic bench stickers (which aren't relic rarity).

For most rarities, different weapons of the same rarity are made on different factions' workbenches, and you will need to jump around between factions to craft low rarity stuff that goes together to make one higher rarity item. Faction change has a 24 hour cooldown. Buying workbench rentals with one faction will not translate over to other factions if you change, but will not go away either. You are permanently attached to Engineers. Your second faction slot can be changed.

Engineers has a Common, Rare, and Relic workbench, but the Common and Relic benches come with items of various rarities and different recipes. 

The other 6 factions come with a rare, epic, and legendary bench, and these are more consistent.

Don't look at the fusion tab. It isn't worth it.

Structural parts cannot be crafted. Buying packs will unlock some early, but you won't get any more than a player who didn't buy packs (the exception being Last Aid, whose parts are not currently available outside of the pack).

Some weapons, hardwares, or mobility parts cannot be crafted currently. They either are pack exclusive, such as the Goliath tracks from Iron Shield, (and the pack might no longer even be available, such as Frostburn, which had Tackler frontal machine gun and Icebox heavy cabin), or they are from the Knight Riders event, and they will become available either on their temporary workbench (Corvo), or may be moved to a permanent faction's bench (Fafnir).

I hope this helps.

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DominusPericulum said:

Common parts on the Engineers workbench require only scrap to manufacture. You can go to it, select a part, and craft it if you have enough.

What are you doing when you craft it?

.....I'm kind of confused too, not sure if trolling or not..
How did you get the game? did you not got hrough a tutorial when first starting the game?

_Anyways, when in Garage, look at the top of the screen, click the "Factions" tab. You'll see a screen with all the factions available.

( here is a confusing bit; you can have 2 factions at once but you can NEVER leave the engineer's faction.. so you'll just have to jugle the others)

_Now, click on the engineer faction, it opens the worbenches screen, click the common workbench (white) it's the only free workbench

(along with the relic workbench at the very right but that's for later)

_You can now see a list of items available for crafting.
Select an item, the craft requirement is under the part description, to the right.
If you have the required materials, clic the craft button aaaaaannnnnd
Boom! 
Lucky you, for a common item it will be free. rares have an hour delay (or a fee), epics have a 6hrs delay (or a fee), etc..

Edited by Mapl_froggy
  • Upvote 1

My apologies.  No I am not trolling.  There's no workbench screen.  Sorry to waste your time.

1 minute ago, miranda5637 said:

My apologies.  No I am not trolling.  There's no workbench screen.  Sorry to waste your time.

Give me a little time I will screenshot for you.

39 minutes ago, miranda5637 said:

What happens after you do this?  Does the item show up in your storage?

Yes, it will be at your storage.

Keep in mind you will have max of 200 storage spaces, until you expand it.

Also a good tip for you now is to change to another faction now, and then another one after 24 hours.  That will unlock level 1 on Nomads as well as Scavengers. You will have more building parts to play with.  You then can just level up on one faction or do them step by step.

...are you sure you played the little tutorial you have to go through when you start your account?

it explained those question in enough detail