Sign in to follow this  
dukerustfield

Generic build advice

Bbbbbbboooooorrriiiiinnng and nuthin new. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2019 at 5:34 AM, Dumpbump said:

Useless post.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:34 PM, Dumpbump said:

On 8/3/2019 at 2:16 AM, ARES_IV said:

Useless post.

aren't these basically the same post?

I do have a generic floor plan I modulate for sextuple-bluewheeled fuel builds on various cabins:

• FRONT SECTION is at least a heavy 4x4, with a wideways fuel barrel behind it. It's got 140 HP.
  • MID SECTION is a longways bit of hardware space, sandwiched between two 2x4s or 2x6es. 2x4s should be heavy unless they can both be removed without any parts falling; otherwise, light. And no, I never put the barrel wideways, and I always press "E" before hitting "Q" to tip it over, since it seems to have a wonky weight distribution otherwise.
  • REAR SECTION is anywhere from 6x4 to 8x6 in area. If it's 6x4, just a light 6x4. If I need to make it 8-long, use a light 8x4.  If I need to make it wider, pull the 8x4 apart into three light 2x6es, with one in the rear to make a 2x6 gap of hardware space. It can be squished back down by replacing two of the 6es with 4s, for only 2x4 of hardware space, but I don't usually do this. It won't give you enough space to slide the fuel barrel down to the back if you're 6 wide, and have a radar D between it and the fuel tank. Even if it did, light 2x4s can't take a barrel popping.

That's 1 frame combination in the front, 3 in the middle including the lightened combo, and 4 in the back. 12 setups. Additionally, if the midsection is only 4 long, and the rear is at least 6 wide, you can slide the duel barrel all the way back rotate the tank longways if you like. If your rear was only 6 long, move the middle 2x4s forward and grow the rear 4s into 6es. If it was 8 long, just grow the middle 2x4s into 6es. That's two more combinations for 14 total.

Wheel locations are generally dictated by how the frames are set up. Front wheels go as close to the tank as possible. Rear wheels go on the rearmost seam if possible (if you're 6wide), otherwise they go three squares from the back (the middle of a 6x4; slide back two if you grow to an 8x4). Middle wheels go directly inbetween front and back, unless they can be moved onto a seam (you're at least 6wide and long enough in the back for your wheels of choice to fit; you'll want APC wheels if they're close, but those require your back to be 8-long for 6 units between the wheels (from their centers).

Some people might say to split the front 2x4 into two pieces, but that's only worth doing if you're worried about the scorpion. Considering you have a bomb under your car, don't bother. Speaking of which, you can use the fuel tank to mount something like a lunatic 4x4 under your 4x4 frame part, to build a wedge around.

Generally this is good for any cabin with no more than 4 connection points of width underneath. Huntsman, Jockey, any of the thinner buggy cabins like Wyvern or Growl (even though they aren't wide enough to completely cover the tank). Slower cabins don't really fit but I don't use them unless I'm running speed-limited parts instead of blue wheels. The Bat is pretty fast and wide though, as are some epic cabs.

Would be a nice way to generate bot builds, only 14 combinations. And I don't really use elongated midsections or 6x6 rears, which narrows it down to 6, half of which are identical to the other half, save for their midsections being replaced with light 2x4s. Armoring is usually the bigger time taker on builds, but it's nice to know you can make most wheeled builds up from the same general pool of frame combinations:

screenshot-190808-121327.thumb.jpg.c838d

4-long midsection with a 6x8 rear, midsection lightened due to shared connections. Gun mounts can be replaced with 4x4s, but I wanted to show how they fit; having the tops against the cabin/hot red makes them only stick out 3 units, and they still fit right between the wheels. Rear wheels should be APC though.

Usually you want your guns side by side

For stuff like scorpions you actually want one shot leading the other, so that they don't waste penetration power both striking a layer at the same time. Doesn't matter on things that can just rotate and fire off the side though.

Edited by XR57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this