DominusPericulum

Epic Cabin CKs

Introduction of premium cabin CKs was an interesting monetization choice. Problem: Epic cabins are more used in upper-level play, where potential customization spending, I speculate, is greater. After all, people don't tend to build up a paint collection (excluding events) until after they have some good hardware.

Much like how the current 6 rare cabin CKs are for craftable cabins, these are for the 3 craftable epic cabins, and the 3 KR ones that will likely be craftable eventually.

-Werewolf cabin CK: "Arctic Fox"

Change the color to pale blue, and add the mouth part from Jawbreaker's CK "Lucifer". Add some frost effects from Favorite, which intensify based on vehicle speed. 

-Quantum cabin CK: "Blackout"

This is the cabin of a stealth bomber. The yellow parts are removed, and the paint is matte black. The windshield is one continuous part (rather than a bunch of segments), and tinted deep blue.

-Humpback cabin CK: "Reclaimed"

This is that Ravager-affected Humpback from Adventure. However, the "eyes" are inactive and dark rather than lit up red.

-Harpy cabin CK: "Muscle"

Change the body of the cabin to resemble an American-style muscle car. Put a racing-stripe on the hood and roof that, when the cabin is painted, becomes the negative colors of whatever paint/pattern was applied to the cab (or in some other way remains visible).

-Photon cabin CK: "Glow"

People liked the built-in headlights on normal Photon and Jawbreaker's CK "Lucifer" . Capitalize on that. Cover the cabin with multi-colored neon tubes and LED-strips that toggle on and off with [L] along with headlight decors. Change the paint and remove the yellow rods, too. Yes, this is similar to Jawbreaker's CK, but this one has multi-colored light effects.

-Bastion cabin CK: "Centurion"

Decorate the two halves of the plow to look like Roman shields. Put Roman iconography on other parts of the cabin, paint the body red, and give it brass trim. I speculate this would sell well because this cabin is designed to be exposed, while others may be buried behind armor and thus a CK may be of less perceived value.

Pricing is whatever the devs feel is appropriate. Taking precedent from that one CK series that was up temporarily, these are more expensive than the rare ones because they affect higher-rarity parts.

Edited by DominusPericulum
clarification
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Like 1

-Werewolf cabin CK: since the werewolf is based off the BMW Isetta, I think a CK should offer us a modern car like the Smart Fortwo

HRHL229%20Smart%20Photo%2002.JPG?resize=

-Quantum cabin CK: modern cabin, CK should be antique cabin, same logic (maybe a Messerschmidt cabin?).

12316561_1503374326658877_30377745980099

-Humpback cabin CK: I think that we need more civillian truck-like cabins to the mix (Freightliner COE)

freightliner-cabover-royal-blue-for-sale

-Harpy cabin CK: (applying same logic as above, this time the Plymouth Prowler is a suitable candidate)

1.jpg

-Photon cabin CK: It should follow the example of its lesser brother IMO and become an even meaner version of the T-Rex.

TRex.jpg

-Bastion cabin CK:

plow-jpg.57560 buffier snow plow hot rod???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think all of the Dominicus' ideas are fantastic.

Also it's about time the CK Shop was put to use.

Edited by Spedemix
"CK shop", not just "CK"

On 8/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, DominusPericulum said:

-Photon cabin CK: "Glow"

People liked the built-in headlights on normal Photon and Jawbreaker's CK "Lucifer" . Capitalize on that. Cover the cabin with multi-colored neon tubes and LED-strips that toggle on and off with [L] along with headlight decors. Change the paint and remove the yellow rods, too. Yes, this is similar to Jawbreaker's CK, but this one has multi-colored light effects. 

I would pay real money for that.

Seriously devs.... I would be quite happy to pay for some nice CKs..... I dont get why you deny yourself that income.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ARES_IV said:

Seriously devs.... I would be quite happy to pay for some nice CKs..... I dont get why you deny yourself that income.

I'm with you bro!  :good:

But make it a reasonable price :002:

I bough third half pack just for the flares and I'll do it again!  :lol:

• Thanks 1

The biggest challenge with cabin CKs is keeping the hitboxes identical.

Rather than completely change the rare crafted cabs,  we got rusty versions of the clean ones (pilgrim, trucker, wyvern, jawbreaker), and clean versions of the rusty ones (bat, growl).

On 9/6/2019 at 6:08 AM, Comrade_Tiki said:

The only ones that might have an issue are Muscle and Blackout.

The general theme for "Reclaimed" has just been used. "Inner Demon", in the pack "Polymorph".

@Ka1deron

Please forgive me for the @, but I am just wondering: will this CK be added to the Cosmetic Shop on its own, like how the existing 6 rare ones are independent items? Or, will it be like the CKs from Pandemic: Deluxe, and simply remain pack-exclusive? I was hoping this post would fill out the rather barren CK shop (since the weapon CKs don't seem to be returning).

On 9/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, ARES_IV said:

On 9/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, *Zhetesh said:

I'm with you bro!  :good:

But make it a reasonable price :002:

I bough third half pack just for the flares and I'll do it again!  :lol:

Count me in, I don't hide that I have a decent income and suffers from hoarding ingame stuff.

EXPLORE MY WEAKNESS DEVS, MY WALLET IS READY!

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 12:08 PM, Comrade_Tiki said:

Then don't excessively try? CK are meant to be purely cosmetical, like skins for weapons in other games. Even if it would mean slight clipping (not like current weapons are already clipping through parts...).

Edited by GentlemanRevvnar

3 hours ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Then don't excessively try? CK are meant to be purely cosmetical, like skins for weapons in other games. Even if it would mean slight clipping (not like current weapons are already clipping through parts...).

The Polymorph's CK doesn't alter the Humpback's collision model at all, proof is that the left "eye" clips like crazy.

(because clipping is only fair when Gaijin says it is)

Edited by lucashc90