xik4

waiting for the load to load.. it is playable right?

I know you guys can play this is my second day errrr third day including download day  and no luck  just a stuttering intro and it dies... and I wait..  and I wait 

it is playable you would not be having all this conversation if not...  my machine was top of line three or so years ago  now not so much  an 8core 4 gig each core 64 bit them too..  but yeah  loading problems I get that all the time and I am wide open speed with the cable company like 500 meg download speed.. lost connection to server damn.. :(   OK I am in the building area :)  lets hope it loads but the mouse does not keep the game screen :( so I pop over here and type mid game (not good)  ---

OK yes build test build test :)  fun enjoying this ..

so now the next problem   I have not welded all my parts together and it will not let me battle   :(

seems there is no weld button .. assemble build but not weld... and that is the error i have to fix before the next battle ... idk   IDK

1 hour ago, xik4 said:

so now the next problem   I have not welded all my parts together and it will not let me battle   :(

seems there is no weld button .. assemble build but not weld... and that is the error i have to fix before the next battle ... idk   IDK

Go into build mode and look for any parts that are tinted red, regardless of original color or added paints. 

Everything on your vehicle must either be attached to your cabin directly, or be attached to something else that is attached to your cabin. This indirect connection can go as long as you want (part, garage, and mass limits aside). If a part is tinted red regardless of its original design or added paints, that part is not connected ("welded") to the rest of your vehicle. If you build a vehicle without a cabin, no parts will be tinted. If you then add a cabin and some parts have no connection to it, direct or indirect, they will turn red. If you are "holding" a part, trying to attach it, and it doesn't snap to a weldpoint, it will be red.

Some parts have weird collision models, so even if two parts have available weldpoints, you might not be able to attach one to the other due to some collision model strangeness nearby.

Decor items will often automatically rotate themselves to attach to available weld points, but manually rotating them to conflict with something else will cause this to not work.

Adding a part that forms a connection between the cabin and the disconnected part(s) will connect the formerly disconnected part(s) and allow your vehicle to function. Adding a part to a disconnected one without forming a connection to cabin will just make another disconnected part.

In build mode, hitting [F] (if I recall correctly) will toggle a viewing mode that shows all the "weld points" (orange squares) on the vehicle in the garage and the part you are holding. Weld points attach to each other like Lego studs/inlets. 

The exception is with mobility parts and cabins. They can only be attached to "frames" (not to be confused with "grilles", which similarly allow some damage to pass through and give no cabin health). Cabins only go on top, mobility parts only go on the sides. They cannot be rotated, but mobility parts will mirror themselves depending on what side of the frame (left or right) you attach them to. Mobility and cabins cannot be attached directly to each other.

Note: Frames do not all have to touch each other. The cabin can hold multiple frames that don't contact each other, because they must attach to the cabin and/or other frames. Mobility parts cannot conjoin disconnected frames, even if it looks like they are in contact.

It seems complicated, but you develop an understanding of it through experience.

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Like 1

ok MY yep red parts OK will take care of that --- that was easy   cool..

It seems that it takes an hour to get warmed up and be able to play and LOAD games OK first the loading is stuttered with the music

OH I streamed the game to here so you could see the loading issues and bad driving skills defeat is common

at the end of the video I make a 8 wheel viper car with the three big guns.. it flys fast and kills nice.

Edited by xik4
add comment

I just made a Discord channel for Crossout called crossout...

It is here https://discord.gg/89dNrk   but I bet you guys have a server there already?  I searched for it could not find...

this load time is incredible but .. the time before this it was a minute now we are back to 15 minutes :(   IDKY

so it is loading a  lot lot quicker but I have to say =-===  IT STARTED ME FROM SQUARE ONE WITH NOTHING ...   LEVEL 1   WHAT GIVES DID i DO SOMETHING BAD TO GET THIS ...   WHY... WHY WHY  IS THAT JUST A BETA MISTAKE omg OMG  I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY TILL I AM LEVEL 4 AGAIN... DAMN

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

sent in a ticket to the support team ... they are great .. seems when I start the game from inside steam I log onto XIK4   when i start the game from the program itself and log in I log into XIK4   but these are two different accounts ..  so I have to log in from the steam program to get my account and level 4 where I left off Back :)

problem solved...Thanks tech support they just said I had a different log in account that the data was not lost.. 

2 hours ago, xik4 said:

sent in a ticket to the support team ... they are great .. seems when I start the game from inside steam I log onto XIK4   when i start the game from the program itself and log in I log into XIK4   but these are two different accounts ..  so I have to log in from the steam program to get my account and level 4 where I left off Back :)

problem solved...Thanks tech support they just said I had a different log in account that the data was not lost.. 

I'm more amazed you got a reply from support that fast

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, v3rgi1 said:

I'm more amazed you got a reply from support that fast

I'm amazed that half of my suggestion are aproved to this day! Sometimes the staff surprises us :)

On 8/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, Beni_Stingray1 said:

You seem to be a little bit slow, no offense but i dont think this game is for you.

I go at my own speed ... really like it that way .. I march to my own drummer  I know the band ... === and you maybe right on the game I was reluctant to try it but I did --- it is like a first person shooter that... is played in cars   we build.. I actually don't have a car in NJ where I am   and could not change a tire :08:

this game gives me to tool like a cad program  or something -- no offense taken I am slow I have an IQ of 135 which is low compared to some of my friends at 163 or so..  but they really can't measure my intelligence unless I let them.  you wanted to talk about slow smarts?  or slow in the game driving .. the game is what it is//

my reaction times are different and such  --- 

On 8/9/2019 at 11:07 AM, lucashc90 said:

I'm amazed that half of my suggestion are aproved to this day! Sometimes the staff surprises us :)

nice..

I suggested a factory but ... it was just an idea for another game maybe.//

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, xik4 said:

8 hours ago, xik4 said:

I have an IQ of 135 which is low compared to some of my friends at 163 or so

Yes, yes for sure :crazy::lol:

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Yes, yes for sure :crazy::lol:

I thought I had painted those parts red .. it looked normal enough.. hehe

so I am still having controller problems - I know it is not the game but my ineptitude at driving = so yeah   my driving sucks but I can aim my guns well  that is more important?  IDK   but here are some game plays that I half mess up and half do well but still you can tell I hope that the car is not going where I am trying to get it to go :( I will practice more and more.. that should help ,,, maybe.