Veliaf_Hurtz

Clan exhibition (Clan Vault)

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

I don't hate the idea. Especially more recently there have been these cases where an outsider snags a build and soon enough this build is published in the exhibition. It's become more and more common. Like Veliaf said, it's not against rules bit it's kinda gross anyway. It's gotten so ridiculous you can practically search the exhibition by the name of a clan and you'll probably find the builds they use - shared by someone else.

This also has the practical side: You'll have your personal blueprints for your personal PvP builds etc. and for experimental stuff. You'll have the exhibition for the stuff you want people to see and you'll have the clan vault for the competetive build the clan shares. Currently your personal blueprint storage is also your clan vault and a player who starts playing lots of CW will have very little space to fill all the CW builds and the fun PvP builds. I've expanded my blueprint storage 4 times and I'm still kinda short on space.

However it brings up another issue: people can still steal builds from clan vault and post them in the exhib. I could see that happening when you a clan recruits a new member. What happens if tensions rise between clan members and someone decides to throw sh*t in the fan by deleting all of the blueprints in a clan's vault.

What exactly are the privileges of different users?

Does everyone have the right to upload build in a clan vault? If yes, does that mean everyone has "personal slots" in the CV (clan vault). Do those slots carry over when you join another clan or do you have to use a blueprint expansion everytime you join a new clan? If you leave the old clan does the clan lose the build if the leaving player has a build slotted in his personal slot if the clan's vault?

Or is the vault "clan based"? One clan might have a clan vault open while another one doesn't?

• Upvote 4

Just do as i do, use crappy builds. No ones gonna steal them :D

• Haha 5

I agree with this. Since everyone will have same items available to them to make their builds, the builds do matter. And as Clan Wars is notable part of the end game, there should be more systems in place to support that.

The suggested clan vault is one good way of doing this, but in case that is deemed to require too much coding effort to implement, there are other ways to get some benefit. Ability to use the normal exhibition but with a private flag option for individual build to only work with direct link. There could even be a way to directly share builds from personal garage with links skipping the exhibition all together. The method suggested by MrAlkotesteris also works (5 min delay before publicity on all builds uploaded to exhibition).

Edited by Phantasm0
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Spedemix I'd imagine the vault would be bound to the clan, and not the players. Also, perhaps another clan rank to prevent newbies from looking in the vault? Similarly to the officer rank.

@MrAlkotesteris @Phantasm0 I think this is a great idea, giving builds a small window of time to where they are unlisted.  I think it would require way less dev time and solve most of the issues. It still requires both people to be online at the same time, however.

Edited by Veliaf_Hurtz
  • Upvote 3

Ye, the 5min delay seems really easy to do and would solve most of the problems.

Publish a build in exhib and you can link it immediately to people. Wait 5min and it'll show up in the "new" tab in exhib. Let's the sharers do what they need to while impacting people who are actually hoarding likes minimally.

• Upvote 2

I agree with author, its nice idea to protect your own build from othes eyes, whose wants download other people's crafts and don't want to make something with your own hands. Crossout its constructor, not a copypaster. 

• Like 2

Oh look, the whole top10 is here! :DD

On 8/23/2019 at 12:13 AM, MrAlkotesteris said:

would be if you'd leave *blink blink*

Right...

Apologies for participating in a discussion in an open forum.