Spedemix

DO NOT SELL ITEMS BELOW HIGHEST BID IN MARKET - A guide not to accidentally lose your money

This incredibly stupid I need to write a f*cking guide for something like this.....

Follow my guide if you don't wanna end up like these individuals:

Spoiler

In a nutshell:

If you attempt to buy an item at a higher price than lowest offer, the price will automatically revert to the highest bidder and price they set. All fine and good.

However, if you attempt to sell an item at a lower price than highest offer, this revertion will not happen! You may end up selling a Pulsar for 240 coins or a Helios for one coin, whatever price you set up yourself. This "bug" or "feature" will likely trigger if the item you put on sale gets put on the delay queue "items posted in market have 3, 6, or 30min delay". If the items gets sold immediately then this revertion to highest offer will happen. - I think. I can't afford to test this.

Here's the kicker: You screw up, Gaijin will not help you!!

Here's a response from one on the support people:

Q3K5l3m.png

I think the reason for this is because technically your account wasn't hacked or anything. The problem here is you technically screwed up by trusting the f*ucking game to work correctly. So technically it's on you. :(

I don't think anyone disagrees with my notion that it doesn't matter how low of a price you set, the market should always sell it to the highest bidder with the bidding price - no exceptions!! If you do disagree with this notion, come over here, we need to talk.

Spoiler

eaf9ee287803db86234aa3aa36e34e2d.jpg

Alas, the above notion doesn't hold true in XO's market. So it is up to us to take care of ourselves so we won't lose our s**t (don't worry, I lost mine years ago, this is just some icing on the cake).

Whenever selling a valuable item, do not attempt to sell it at one coin or other low price like that, always check the highest offer and and put the said item on sale for that price.

Do this because you cannot trust this game and its market to work correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

luckily i found this behaviour when selling only some common items.

sucks that it got changed, makes so little sense.

I think you misunderstood.. you don,t need to write any guide about it, the problem is, they made a mistake when they sold their high price items. Put the comma at the wrong place or forgot a 0... So you sell your legendary to 240 instead of 2400. The game should protect you and just sell to the highest bidder every time, but it doesn't. That is the problem, not the user.. You shouldn't be punish so severely for a mistake you made, everybody makes mistakes.

Edited by sam93931
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Well if you try to sell something below the highest bid it probably wont sell but it maybe will when the item's price go up but then arbiter may buy it on 99% discount again...

48 minutes ago, sam93931 said:

I think you misunderstood.. you don,t need to write any guide about it, the problem is, they made a mistake when they sold their high price items. Put the comma at the wrong place or forgot a 0... So you sell your legendary to 240 instead of 2400. The game should protect you and just sell to the highest bidder every time, but it doesn't. That is the problem, not the user.. You shouldn't be punish so severely for a mistake you made, everybody makes mistakes. 

is the one who wrote Spedemix, did not write badly ... the arbiter is a useless and fraudulent market bot as well as illegal!

Edited by _XEWO_
  • Thanks 2

the Arbiter steps in to this equation somewhere,

Does selling a 1 Coin legendary charge the buyer 1 Coin?

or the buyers full listed offer?

never heard anyone of saying they got anything super cheap, at least not lower than their offer, where does the difference in coin go?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SpeedLocked said:

never heard anyone of saying they got anything super cheap, at least not lower than their offer, where does the difference in coin go?

Not super cheap but I have bought items for lower price than I bid for:

Spoiler

ygPRc10.jpg

I can confirm the money comes back to your bank. In this case 2.77 coins returned to my account.

If the sell offer is low enough, at some point the arbiter steps in and snags the item because it think something illicit is going on. Good example is selling a Helios for one coin. In that case it doesn't go to the highest bidder but Arbiter buys it.

2 hours ago, sam93931 said:

I agree. We shouldn't need to be wary of this. I shouldn't need to to write a guide for it.

But it has happened so many times: someone accidentally ends up selling items for way too cheap, either because they mistype the price or presumed the offer goes straight for the highest bidder. When it happens, people lose money and no compensation is provided by Targem/Gaijin. They simply say "no bug, no problem, it's your fault, get over it".

So here we are and it is what it is. :(

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Does it only happen on delayed items?

I'm not sure and I'm not gambling up to 2000 coins to test it.

8 hours ago, Spedemix said:

I'm not sure and I'm not gambling up to 2000 coins to test it.

Understandable. Reason i'm asking is, i never had a delayed item on console market, so there's a chance this problem is pc-exclusive...

I'm not gonna risk it either though.

Also, don't try to buy from your self, because the game won't allow you to  :) Yeah that was accident, thought to share it here since Im sure not a lot of players have got that.

nfLUx12.jpg

Also the thing Spedemix refers, Im' sure some players are using it for coin transfers. It's clearly a bug that has been reported nearly a year ago. Like say an item that averages 2600/2400 in sell/buy prices. Someone sets a buy order for 2500, clearly above the second highest buy order so he won't get fast topped by someone else. Then someone simultaniously sets a sell order for something like 1000c. It's possible with too low price arbiter would intercept it, but you can still set a price significantly below any normal price and get away with it. The trade is then completed, possibly after a short delay, and they transferred about 2500 worth of item only paying 100c of tax.

It doesn't matter if the item is delayed by 0, 3 or 30 mins. If someone sets a sell order on the market below highest buy order, once that sell order is actually sent to market(if it was delayed), whoever had the highest buy order, will get that item and only pay the price the sell order was for, and their extra coins get returned.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for additions.

• Upvote 1