fftunes4real

Add "reverse mode" for tracks and meatgrinders

Reverse mode so far only works for hovers and mech legs. 

Reverse mode should be extended to tracks and meatgrinders. It would allow for more variation and better functionality of builds with mixed movement parts.

• Upvote 4

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Thanks 1

I see no problem with this.

The reverse mode tick box is already there, just include Augers and tracks on it and Bob's your uncle. It'll still be a box you can untick if needed to.

Yeah. If you want to make sideways builds or upside down builds or left-right-center builds, go ahead. But we need the Control settings to not go crazy.

Reverse mode is what allowed Sideways hovers and legs in the first place... I am for removing it entirely...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Please add this and include meat grinders, I logged in just so I could upvote and comment saying I want this.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "Reverse mode."

It's already in there (control options), but so far it only works for hovers and legs. 

With reverse mode enabled, if you steer left, a hover or spider will always turn left no matter if you go forward or backward (unlike a wheeled car where turn direction changes if you drive backwards).

On 9/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, Canthal said:

Reverse mode is what allowed Sideways hovers and legs in the first place... I am for removing it entirely...

You're wrong btw, hovers always worked like this before reverse mode was introduced. Legs didn't.

6 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

You're wrong btw, hovers always worked like this before reverse mode was introduced. Legs didn't.

Actually right upon introduction hovers didn't have "reverse" mode. If you were backing up and pressed D, you'd turn left. They swapped that during the tail end of 2017.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Actually right upon introduction hovers didn't have "reverse" mode. If you were backing up and pressed D, you'd turn left. They swapped that during the tail end of 2017.

Ok i didn't know that, i took a break from crossout for a while around that time, i only started using them when they just recieved their first nerf back then and thus were dirt cheap... so it can't have been for long anyway.