Giobhniu

Hurricane and Pyre need perks

The text under both weapons: '' Homing missiles track the closest target in the aiming cone and adjust flight trajectory accordingly. ''.

This is not a perk, it is an explanation of how the weapon works.

Think if something like that be under a cannon (''Projectile follows parabolic trajectory influenced by gravity''). It seems silly, doesn't it?

I suggest you give the weapons actual perks (even if they are the same).

Perk suggestion.

''The longer the missile travels the faster it gets but smaller its blast radius is.'' (This is how missiles work after all, since the more fuel it burns the lighter it becomes).

Alternatively: ''Each missile that found a viable target (dealt damage), refunds % part of cooldown.'' Something like 5% cdr per missile hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

11 minutes ago, NASTYNEIL357 said:

(Fires in a straight line) just like all energy weapons do. 

Actually, most weapons have deviations on their tragectories, even if small (autocannons) or very noticible at rapid fire (every machine gun), while all cannons and grenade launchers have their shells moving in arch tragectories. But I really believe that flying in a straight line can't be considered a perk since that is how every energy weapon works in this game as we don't have any plasma cannon and whatnot that works otherwise.

Edited by lucashc90

14 hours ago, JazzyCarbon85 said:

I agree with this but also at the same time do hurricanes and pyres really need perks?

Consistency is good I think (they are purple and yellow weapons afterall)

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, Giobhniu said:

Perk suggestion.

''The longer the missile travels the faster it gets but smaller its blast radius is.'' (This is how missiles work after all, since the more fuel it burns the lighter it becomes).

Alternatively: ''Each missile that found a viable target (dealt damage), refunds % part of cooldown.'' Something like 5% cdr per missile hit.

I like these ideas, although I also think that "Missile homes in on selected target" qualifies as a Perk

Crickets have higher damage at greater distance, but Wasps and Crickets don't Home in.

Edited by stateofit

7 hours ago, stateofit said:

I like these ideas, although I also think that "Missile homes in on selected target" qualifies as a Perk

Maybe that would be the case if targets could be selected, but launching a missile without direct cabin-to-cabin visibility with your enemy (even with only a brief interruption, like a hill)  means the missile flies straight into the sky.

This is debilitating for Pyres. At least Hurricanes have the ability to re-aquire the target in the middle of their firing sequence (so only the first couple missiles are wasted)... And if you lose sight during the salvo of 4 missiles, they will also remain acquired... but this is sometimes bad, because it means that enemy located cover, and the weapon will not re-acquire exposed targets.

I don't think Pyres and Hurricanes need much. They are already very powerful weapon systems. I have two builds on Exhibition, Pyre Brawler and Spam Much. Both are Pyre vehicles and both are very destructive with minimal need for aiming.

Until/if/ever they fix Hurricanes so they can't be fired backwards/upwards and thus avoid obstructions, I'm not in favor of buffing them one iota. They don't do massive damage, but they can do it with now normal counters. They have HARD counters like cloak or being really fast, but that's still warranted.

Their Perk is you don't have to physically aim your mouse. You need to be in radar range and your cabin has to have view of their cabin. That's very perky compared to taking your mouse and moving it directly over where you're trying to hit, accounting for movement, distance, obstacles. A Hurricane without its guidance Perk is called a Cricket. And I think we can agree those are very different.

• Upvote 1

I use a pyre as a support weapon on my artsy tank, its actually in a pretty good position as a side weapon. I don't think it'd need a perk, but maybe the manueverability should be a bit faster, because it is infuriating to see a rocket make a big circle around the enemy and hit a wall.

Let's see if any of these sound good...

a. (pyre) Each part this weapon destroys, up to 5 parts, causes its next missile to deal 5% more damage.

b. (pyre) Missile travels 10% faster for each 1 second the target was designed, up to 10 seconds.

c. (either) Reloads 25% faster while vehicle is stationary.

d. (either) Missiles have +30% blast radius, which decays to +0% during the first 5 seconds of flight.

e. (hurricane) Launches an extra missile at, and reloads 25% slower for, each valid target within 20m. of the designated target. Maximum of 4 additional targets.

• Upvote 1

@Comrade_Tiki Something like d seems to be a clever way to give Hurricane a perk without buffing its vertical launch style.

For the record, I don't like a because it punishes tidy, pretty cars with tiny pieces to make them look flush, and I don't like e because it sounds unpredictable and difficult to play around for the shooter.

Edited by Clebardman