TheDrunkenPuppet

Steel Championship scoring......Please change next time

I am no game expert by any means, but can we change the scoring a bit for next time? 71% win ratio not good enough.. I can understand if you want to make it tough, but I needed another week at least if not more to obtain the duck. Some might say, well you only won 71%, so that's fair... Maybe, but after 392 games? Feel like I should be inching forward at least. Instead after winning 12 straight, losing 1 I am back where I started. Most of these losses were at the beginning of the event too. Getting my feet under me. Either way, just a suggestion. Also, I got the Wheel CK after 3 hours... Shows how little progression happened after. Oh and I ended just above 1500 rank LOL. Every time I would creep within 30 pts of 1700, boom lose 70+ in one match.

Thanks

Screen shot of my games

085cdb2138ce7b3200e9eeb2263165b7.png

Edited by TheDrunkenPuppet
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I agree 100% … I have always looked forward to this event .. The other night, I won 10 straight, got 1 loss, and only gained 5 points.

The point system has to be modified, its pretty brutal.

I do not expect to rip through the ranks in a few days, but having to play 300+ matches with a 70%+ win ratio is just sad ...

Please fix ..

Thank you.

VonBraun_

• Thanks 2

They are using ELO combined with Prize Quitting. 

Player A has a high ELO. If you beat him you get more points. He gets his trinket and quits. Whats left now? Low value players who count as expensive losses and low value win. The longer the event goes on the more high value players quit. The wins keep getting less and the losses keep costing more. 

• Like 1

This was my experience with this event so far:

Started playing solo: ping of no less than 400 and sometimes a 12% packet loss on EU servers -> lost a LOT of rounds but still managed to go up 2 leagues. No fun at all despite that because I was being carried.

Changed to "US servers only": queues that varied from 10 to 25 minutes, got matched against so low level player that winning gave me nothing but sometimes went against high level teams and lost 70+ points in a single loss.

I don't know if it is the lag, but most times I "hooked" the ball the rope instantly broke without it even being stretched. Once I exploded for using thrusters. Got stuck on the ground several times.

players leaving the rounds after the first goal or even AFK are a plague in this mode

Won matches scoring 4 goals alone and received 0 points - won very difficult matches with 1 or 2 goals and received 0~10 points - losing can make you lose 20 to 100 points per match.

I gave up doing solo after I WON 10 POINTS ON A LOST MATCH. Tried joining people: out of every 10 battles I could only win 3 or 4, so I went from 800 back to 600 than up to 900 than back to 700 and up to 900 to go back to 700.

Than, OUT OF NOWHERE, yesterday @Shadowinters started helping me and after mere 7 wins, I went from 761 to 1242 (average of 68,7 points per win). Got the wheel CK and went to bed after wasting a week of my life suffering with this unpredictable point system together with bad overseas connection issues, repetitive and boring play, bad random players, long queues and leavers because devs keep wasting brainpower on cool itens just to make them untradeable, avaiable only once for a limited time and locked behind an obscure point system while the community keeps complaining about the lack of content.

YES! Change this!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheDrunkenPuppet said:

085cdb2138ce7b3200e9eeb2263165b7.png

You played about 25 hours of the same thing over and over and over again if all those matches ended by time. More if you had many overtimes, less if you had lost/won by 5 goal differences.

Please Gaijin, f3c.gif

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

comfortable ping player always get reward,

high ping player can`t get reward (of course including past event)

as a result
this game is going die
or already dead?

• Upvote 3

On 8/22/2019 at 5:45 AM, XiOiUS said:

as a result
this game is going die
or already dead?

Nah, what might kill the game is the grind and market on consoles, the rest is just "ice cream scoops under a big juicy cherry".

And yes, Welwitschia is indeed awesome but her role in the anime is too brief :((

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1

Please do not allow this scoring system ever again from events like steel championship or spring mayhem. Your customers hate the scoring. It is very frustrating due to lack of reasonable forward progress when you are winning many, many games. It becomes mentally toxic and ruins our interest in the entire game when a 10 win streak can be ravaged by one loss and make the time you put into those 10 matches a waste of time. I only played steel championship a few days. Too much grind. Steel championship is not the best or most fun use of my XO time when I have a good understanding what my reward might be in other games modes. Please give us confidence the next event will have an improved scoring system and will be more fair to your customers?

Thank you greatly for your time and consideration,

xarmydude

Edited by xarmydude
  • Thanks 1