BjKalderon

[Developer blog] The map “Chemical Plant” and new game modes. Mass testing

MAINen.jpg

Greetings, survivors!

Today, the test server will once again open for everyone. What changes await us this time?

Please note that all the features and changes described in this blog are preliminary and may still be changed before the final release on the game servers.

New PvP map “Chemical Plant”

Map.jpg

The map is zoned by roads that remained at the factory. Wide and open driveways provide a good overview and lines of sight for some sections of the map. Numerous factory buildings serve as shelters and provide ample space for manoeuvring armoured vehicles focused on melee range.

The battles on the map will follow the “Domination” scenario. Three main points are located on the map — the railway station, the place of the convoy explosion and the “treatment facilities/chemical workshop”

Heavy vehicles can immediately try to capture the central base, and fast cars can capture the nearest point and then get closer to the battlefield or get to the farthest point and capture it.

New game modes

Please note that new modes are available in “Custom battle” on the test server. At the moment, we have no plans to include these modes in the brawl schedule. With the release on game servers, the modes can become missions or activities for special events or tournaments.

“Experiment”

The mode is a PvP battle in the “Best of 3” format (the winner is determined by the results of several rounds). The main feature of the mode is the familiar mechanic of repairing an armoured car. Let us remind you of the basic principles of this mechanic:

• Entering repair mode is done by pressing and holding the “R” key (by default, you can assign another key in the control settings).
  • Entering repair mode takes 2 seconds. At any time you can exit it by pressing the same key, but it will also take 2 seconds.
  • Repair cannot be started after activation of self-destruction.
  • During repair:
    • The player cannot control the armoured vehicle.
    • Melee weapons and suspension parts do not deal damage to opponents during the repair process.
    • During repairs, the effect of stealth is disabled, your own and allied harpoons are unhooked and the “Contact 2M” docking module is disconnected.
  • The repair procedure is as follows:
    • First, the parts belonging to the categories “Movement” and “Frame” are repaired.
    • Then your weapons are repaired.
    • All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last.
    • The order of repair within each category is determined by how close the parts are to the cabin. Parts located far from the cabin will be repaired later than all others.
    • First, the part is repaired with 0 durability. Then its durability is gradually restored to 100%. Immediately after this, repair of the next part in queue begins.
  • The higher the rarity of the vehicle's cabin, the faster the repair of the car.
  • For penetrable parts and parts that are resistant to certain types of damage, there are modifiers to their repair speed, since the “effective durability” of such parts is higher than that of conventional parts.
  • Any damage taken, as well as attached harpoons of enemy “Skinners” and “Kapkans” automatically interrupt repairs.
  • After the repair, all explosive parts (generators, barrels, spears, ammunition) no longer explode. The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.
  • After the repair, the number of shells of your weapon is not restored.
  • Repaired ammunition modules no longer increase your weapon’s ammunition.
  • Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.

Boar fight

kaban01.jpg

Fight against opponents in intense close combat! The battle takes place on prebuilt cars with boosters and the “Tusk” cabin, which means that your skills, reaction and cunning will play the main role. Maneuver constantly, try to ram the enemy at maximum speed and remember to monitor the battlefield! Who knows, maybe at that moment someone's tusks are ready to tear your “Boar” to pieces?

Big bad flamers

Flamethrowers, boosters, harpoons and hovers — what else can you need for a crazy brawl? Harpoon and burn everything that moves, because it is this deceptively simple tactic that is the key to victory!

Changes in the inertia of hovers

Thanks to the previous mass testing and your reviews, we made the necessary changes and achieved the correct behavior on hovers, which helps cars climb inclined surfaces not due to inertia, but due to traction (like cars with wheels) and, at the same time, they will not be able to climb into many places on maps that are not available to other movement parts. We suggest you try out updated hovers and share your opinion in a special thread!

How to get to the test server?

If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.

• Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
  • Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
  • Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
  • After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
  • The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
  • After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
  • Please note the schedule of the test server:
    • Friday, August 23, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
    • Sunday, August 25, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
  • Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).

After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).

You may leave your bug reports regarding all the issues you’ve encountered on the test server HERE.

The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

hello

At the same time, we took into account the comments and suggestions on enemy kill assists, both in raids and in missions. Now, if you deal damage to the enemy, and it was destroyed 15 seconds after your last hit, then you do not get any points. In the updated version, the fact of your assistance in the destruction of the enemy will be maintained until the end of the battle, and you will receive additional experience points if the enemy is destroyed. We would like to thank you for the valid arguments and detailed proposals.

↑ when? ↑

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! It depends on a number of factors including the results of this public testing.
  • Upvote 2

More Game modes cant hurt :)

But please make sure to leave the repair feature in brawl / another gamemode and never bring it to regular pvp.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! At the moment we plan to implement this kind of mode as a mission that will be separate from others (like the Patrol). But it is still being decided:)
  • Upvote 7

New maps are always a yes, and those new brawls look good :P  but I'm wondering... The "Experiment" mode sounds interesting but... Best of 3 + Repair mechanic  is likely to end in excesively long matches.. 

How would the rewards on this work? Because if a 3 round match gives the same scrap than a normal "get the scrap" mission there is no point in playing this mode,  I see you plan to add it as a separate mision and that's good, but what would be the appeal to play it? what would make it different from the other missions and at the same time be rewarding since it will take longer to complete a match?

More consecutive maps and ideas of new modes... This road seems a good spot to stay in :good:

BjKalderon (Posted )

xCrossFaith, thank you for sharing your opinion with us! One of the reasons behind this testing is for us to understand the way the following type of gameplay should be implemented. We want to figure it out with the help of the results of this testing and the players' feedback;)
  • Upvote 1

The new map is great news.

New modes are a good news in theory. On xbox, matchmaking times, especially for raids, keep on getying longer and longer (Ive seen up to 8 minutes) without any improvement on the matchmaking quality. For raids, it's actually worse.

The cause of this is obviously our low and ever thinning player base. Spreading them even more in different new modes will make the matchmaking longer and worst than it already is.

Do you plan on taking action to bring more players to the game (console ad campaign, ps4/xbox merger, less punishing grind for newer players, softer grind, actions against sealclubbing, etc... )?

BjKalderon (Posted )

II_Nico_II, hello and thank for sharing this info with us! First of all - if you still encounter any matсhmaking issues on Xbox, I recommend you to share all the details within the bug - report. At the moment we are investigating possible issues for long waiting time and your info might be very useful. And we are considering a number of new measures against seal clubbing to be implemented in the future updates.
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Wheres the typhoon nerf ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Blasted_Off, before the 0.10.80 update we plan to launch another PT server with all the planned balance tweaks. This time we test new modes, map and hover vehicles inertia.
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 3

BjKalderon (Posted 9 minutes ago)

II_Nico_II, hello and thank for sharing this info with us! First of all - if you still encounter any matсhmaking issues on Xbox, I recommend you to share all the details within the bug - report. At the moment we are investigating possible issues for long waiting time and your info might be very useful. And we are considering a number of new measures against seal clubbing to be implemented in the future updates.

Thanks for the answer.

I will make a bug report next time.

Absolutely AWESOME to know that your taking actions against sealclubbing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Anatomycetes said:

Remove the hover change rn

How about you test it first before saying anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Ok after a little bit of testing, the new map looks and feels awesome, it's HUGE but it has enough cover for the lighter vehicles to not be taking cannon shots 24/7

But here's the thing I feared, but at the same time I was 100% sure was going to happen

"Experiment" mode,  2 rounds, keep in mind, each round is the same as a normal mission, around 3500 points,  45 scrap with scanner: 

Crossout Screenshot 2019.08.23 - 15.31.26.86.png

"Get the scrap" mode, 1 round, a bit over 1000 points, 46 scrap with scanner.... Self explanatory.

Crossout Screenshot 2019.08.23 - 15.38.19.59.png

Btw the repair key doesn't seem to work 

EDIT: It seems to be working now, thanks!! And glad to see the idea of changing the reward, Keep up the good work :good:

Edited by xCrossFaith

BjKalderon (Posted )

xCrossFaith, please note that the amount of rewards is the subject to change, especially since this kind of gameplay is currently available only via public testing.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

xCrossFaith, try to press and hold the repair key for 2 seconds to enter the repair mode.
  • Upvote 1

I don't like domination matches, but the game could always use more maps and the locations of the bases seems reasonable enough.

(Btw, will crossbow patches ever be added? )

Great devs doing something finally to hovers map exploiters. Thank u.

CW should be about any builds, dont make it hover typhoon/scorp meta only, we need variety and respect also for other ideas.

Edited by szefopl
  • Upvote 2

So now that hovers have been adjusted once again to allow melee builds to have ultimate advantage. Will you do the same to leg builds. I see far more leg builds on rocks than hovers. Yet you only punish hover players (surprise surprise) which makes no sense in terms of fairness.

Also if hovers cant get on rocks will you stop skinner builds from doing the same. My guess is no. Because the problem isnt that people are getting on rocks. The problem is you cater to every demand to mess with hovers at every opportunity. If you were truly interested in fairness legs and skinners would be apart of this update as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1

Oh guys, what have you done

But lets look at the testserver step by step.

New Map: awesome! large map with lots of cover and tricky terrain just great!

New Gamemode Boar fight: Funny idea but risky to use a "buggy" and not optimized gamemechanic as a keyfeature for a whole gamemode. E.g. me on ~10% health driving into a bot with 100% health, cab vs. cab. We both died, really?!(In the new game mode) I remember times when "Chase Raid" was still available, hitting the truck doing sometimes 50 HP damage sometimes 5000 HP damage on pretty much the same spot with damn high speed. 

New Gamemode Big Bad Flamers: Also good idea but I fear it could get the most boring mode ever, catching a enemy and burn him to death while he is doing the same with your 1:1 same ride is some kind of "brain afk" playstyle. Maybe playing this just with bots led me to this opinion. But one for sure, this brawl can never keep up with "Big black scorpions" cause of a simple reason. There is missing one dimension, in Big Black Scorp. you can move to all sides (x,y-axis) plus z-axis at any time you want (with ur boosters). This allows massiv trickshots and other crazy stuff. Playing Big Bad Flamers instead its like getting glued on the ground without vertical boosters.

Hover change oh boy what a catastrophe: I built a very simple hover, 4 icarus, cabin in the middle nothing fancy, even the smallest hill touched the frame under the cabin, the down part from the icarus glitched into the ground. A scenario from current live server: Hover flys straight with 75 km/h (max speed in this thing). I press "Q" to go sideways left. the speedometer holds 75 km/h and dont drop. On the Testserver: Same scenario, same Hover: 75km/h straight, after pressing "Q" the speedometer dropped to 50! km/h. Its like a flying meatgrinder!. And I did this on flat terrain! 

Now its your turn guys who ever can answer me this: Is the discribed scenario just a change in the speedometer mechanic? I dont know the only thing I feel is that my loved hover moves now like a salted fish on a wooden stick. 

All in all to get it short:

-new map -> <3 just lovely

-strange game mode with the repair feature: please dont bring it for normal PvP, please! Thank you <3

-2 new "brawl modes" yeah why not maybe you will detect weakspots of the collision mechanic from tusk. And the ck from the fire bug with the colorful flames brought me on  cloud 7 :)) 

-hover change: will grant me deep bad dreams for sure!

Yours Fire

Edited by FirebladeRX
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

2 new brawls with the usual terrible premade builds: hovers (mobility and turning) combined with draco (a close range weapon that's unturning and hard to aim.) Who comes up with this?! The dev. made tusk builds allready look like the boosters are mounted to high so they will be flipping all around the place... Stop forcing us to play with your terrible builds and open the old brawls all the time like pvp. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

How about you test it first before saying anything?

No point, we all know theres no way that could be an advantage.

They said it themselves: "Climb in unreachable places where others can't climb" what about hovers escaping something? If they come accross a rock what happens? They'll stuck there for good

And they have 135 durablilty. Tell me its an advantage

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Anatomycetes said:

No point, we all know theres no way that could be an advantage.

They said it themselves: "Climb in unreachable places where others can't climb" what about hovers escaping something? If they come accross a rock what happens? They'll stuck there for good

And they have 135 durablilty. Tell me its an advantage

The reason that hovers have 135 durability is because they are far superior in movement. The fact that they could climb into places other builds cannot reach was technically a bug. I am saying this as a hover player for your information. Besides that as a hover melee are generally easy to deal with on the ground and with the new changes to inertia their "Stop and go speed" should increase allowing more movement and manoeuvring possibilities. 

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, AzraelsGrace said:

So now that hovers have been adjusted once again to allow melee builds to have ultimate advantage.

No true as they nerfed melee multiple times before this and anything that comes with it, harv and spark, they even added porc invulnerability against spark so u cant fight it the way u would before, its just spams u now and u cant do anything as spark wont protect u anymore even for a sec.

Not to mention rocks map exploits are the real ultimate advantage as u are untouchable by and contact enemy, devs forgot that there are also other movement parts in the game and there cannot be a situation when u cant reach someone and he can attack u without any risk, good they started to doing something about it.

They should also do something with tracks as they are in a bad spot now too.

But i do agree, that definitely leg builds and skinner are also a part of rocks map exploits issues and should be dealt in a package.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.