BjKalderon

[Developer blog] The map “Chemical Plant” and new game modes. Mass testing

5 minutes ago, Anatomycetes said:

No point, we all know theres no way that could be an advantage.

They said it themselves: "Climb in unreachable places where others can't climb" what about hovers escaping something? If they come accross a rock what happens? They'll stuck there for good 

And they have 135 durablilty. Tell me its an advantage

It is an advantage as they run on any map obstacles if they are not sitting on some rocks, containers etc. The durability has been lowered as they are a superior movement part to others, but they also lifted the limit of how many u can use so this balances itself, u have less hp per hover, but u can make a stable platform with more of them, i constantly encounter builds with 8-10 hovers and they move very fast, especially when the use typhoon power to boost their backwards speed.

Didn't check it on the test server yet but i can tell how in practice they use those smaller obstacles, smaller rock, small wrecked vehicles decoration, they run on them on purpose as they know a wheeled build just simply cant jump over it as they can without any issues, and this is in many situations a matter of win or lose, it this situations hovers movement characteristic is worth a lot more than what weapon they have as if u crash on an obstacle u stay in that place at least couple of seconds, seconds in which u can be attacked from distance and the hover is perfectly safe.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, szefopl said:

No true as they nerfed melee multiple times before this and anything that comes with it, harv and spark, they even added porc invulnerability against spark so u cant fight it the way u would before, its just spams u now and u cant do anything as spark wont protect u anymore even for a sec.

Not to mention rocks map exploits are the real ultimate advantage as u are untouchable by and contact enemy, devs forgot that there are also other movement parts in the game and there cannot be a situation when u cant reach someone and he can attack u without any risk, good they started to doing something about it.

They should also do something with tracks as they are in a bad spot now too.

But i do agree, that definitely leg builds and skinner are also a part of rocks map exploits issues and should be dealt in a package.

Do you mean harvester nerf?

Doesn't look like a nerf behaves just as brutal as before

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, szefopl said:

No true as they nerfed melee multiple times before this and anything that comes with it, harv and spark, they even added porc invulnerability against spark so u cant fight it the way u would before, its just spams u now and u cant do anything as spark wont protect u anymore even for a sec.

Not to mention rocks map exploits are the real ultimate advantage as u are untouchable by and contact enemy, devs forgot that there are also other movement parts in the game and there cannot be a situation when u cant reach someone and he can attack u without any risk, good they started to doing something about it.

They should also do something with tracks as they are in a bad spot now too.

But i do agree, that definitely leg builds and skinner are also a part of rocks map exploits issues and should be dealt in a package.

Havesters and sparks got a faux nerf. The same way the scorp got a faux nerf before the torrero was released. Spark harvys are now stronger than they were 2 months ago. With its old perk it took about 10-15 seconds to take down a hover. Now it literally takes 6 seconds.

(P.S. the spark is still super OP. At the very least it has 3 effects. Slows movement. Slows reload. Arc auto attacks anything in its cone with minimum aim. All this for 4 energy. Not a single legendary besides spark has multiple effects. Its energy should be 5 or 6)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, szefopl said:

It is an advantage as they run on any map obstacles if they are not sitting on some rocks, containers etc. The durability has been lowered as they are a superior movement part to others, but they also lifted the limit of how many u can use so this balances itself, u have less hp per hover, but u can make a stable platform with more of them, i constantly encounter builds with 8-10 hovers and they move very fast, especially when the use typhoon power to boost their backwards speed.

Didn't check it on the test server yet but i can tell how in practice they use those smaller obstacles, smaller rock, small wrecked vehicles decoration, they run on them on purpose as they know a wheeled build just simply cant jump over it as they can without any issues, and this is in many situations a matter of win or lose, it this situations hovers movement characteristic is worth a lot more than what weapon they have as if u crash on an obstacle u stay in that place at least couple of seconds, seconds in which u can be attacked from distance and the hover is perfectly safe.

Thats it. They MUST have the ability to jump over rocks to avoid excessive dmg since they have an ugly durability

Also the game is not all about cw and massive typhoon hovers, but also normal 6-7 hovercrafts.

You nerf them all the time. What did HOVERS did to u devs..!!??

Edited by Anatomycetes
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Everyone’s so focused on melee wheel builds, hovers, and spider leg domination 

Eheres the love for the near useless tracks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

If you really want repairs in this game, just make a drone module that dumps out a repair station... Area of effect slow repair as long as the vehicle sitting next to it isn't moving or shooting, make it last like 1 minute per deploy and maybe 4 energy...

Promotes team play, someone will get score for it, and it can be easier to balance...

• Confused 1

I'm probably gonna dislike this for all the wrong reasons and like it for all the wrong reasons I don't wanna be that guy that puts "Hot take" or "Unpopular Opinion" but guess I'm being that guy today lol

I actually like the whole repair functionality I think its a great idea with some tweaking and whilst some people feel like it would create this stalemate of typhoon builds trading shots at range and repairing creating even more camping, I personally feel like it had the potential to have the opposite effect where it would force more teams to push and rush to break such a stalemate of which could give them results if they are able to catch the enemy off guard, trying to repair

The hover changes feel very minimal and I'm struggling to find examples of where these changes in inertia were made however the ability for them to climb up hills with no run up is more certainly noticeable and will make game play with them flow a lot better what I don't understand is how making hovers better at climbing is supposed to make them worse at getting into hard to reach spots that wheels cannot access 

New brawls which as much as i'm sure they are fun and great, they made 'Big Bad Porcupines' a thing and never permanently added this game mode which certainly made it fun on occasion people are able to still access it on custom games (which I believe only promo accounts can activate this game mode on custom games but I am not too sure about that one so correct me if i'm wrong) but I can imagine if it were permanently added, it would be enjoyed briefly only to be quickly forgotten about only to be played if people have to so basically these new brawls whilst probably fun, it is likely they will swiftly be forgotten after a short period or never added to brawls only to be accessed in custom games which makes no sense at all. I just feel like this is a waste of development which could be spent into new features people are gonna make better use of and appreciate a lot more

Lastly the map, I really love new maps and want more but this new map needs some work. 1. This map is exclusively domination and whilst it could easily be modified into also being an encounter or assault game mode they have exclusively made it only available as arguably the most disliked of the 3 pvp game modes. 2. Under first impressions, the map feels very cluttered and whilst this could be a good thing to some people and maybe this just needs to grow on me a little bit more, it just feels like there is too much going on. 3. It is very much too easy to get into inaccessible areas with a hover very much contradictory to them stating that hovers should not be able to do this now the top right hand area closed off of the map by walls has parts of walls that sit a lot lower that you can see in other parts of the map too, these walls are simply flown over by a hover and simply driving into this closed off area with a hover can allow the hover to drive out of the map which is very bad literally just found this the first custom battle when I was just looking around the map on my own trying to gauge a first impression. It really shouldn't be that easy to get out of that map I can imagine a hover even accidentally doing this whilst getting backed up into those walls by a melee and just driving over them. Hopefully these things can be very easily fixed by applying some sort of invisible wall where all of these low sitting walls sit on the map so hovers cant drive over them but I am no map developer and do not know the difficulty of doing these things. I honestly feel like the map isn't in a good shape to be released as it is but this game needs new maps badly and I would hate to see a potential new map removed. Hopefully the issues with this map can be quickly fixed before releasing this update and we get a new map that people enjoy 

I have attached examples showing these walls in question and yes I am very blatantly in areas where I shouldn't so I should clarify that this is a test server, I am testing things on the test server in a private custom game where I am not effecting anyone else's experience in a random game and am simply pointing out these map issues so they can be fixed hopefully quickly so we all can still get a new map still (pls dont ban me for testing on a test server)

To sum up, no one likes the repairing features, I do. Everyone likes the new map, I don't so yay? I guess its really the idea of new maps that people like and so do I but is this worth it if it forces out rushed incomplete maps that just simply do not work? I'm not too sure... 

screenshot-190823-173341.jpg

screenshot-190823-173546.jpg

Edited by theredshell
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anatomycetes said:

but also normal 6-7 hovercrafts.

I think you mean 4 icarus hovers, 6-7 is not normal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm afraid your hover tweak doesn't work properly.

I loaded up the one of most popular Cricket hover builds in test server (it uses 8 hovers), took into a custom battle and this is the first thing i did with it:

Spoiler

After some thorough testing I figured out what the issue is and here's the explanation:

Spoiler

TL;DR: This tweak stops working if you offset the weight towards a side. In a sideways hovercraft the weight is pretty much always offset so your tweak doesn't work on 90% of the hover builds which are used in this game.

You're gonna have to fix this issue before it can be properly evaluated.

The other stuff in test server is great! New map is cool (I love the burning wreckages in the field), the new modes are great too (I liked the Big Bad Flamers). I've yet to test the "Experiment mode" aminly due to this hover testing taking all my time.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, szefopl said:

Limiting the map, putting up fake walls and ruining build diversity is the opposite of what this game shoukd be doing. Boohoo a vertically mounted harvester cant climb a rock a spider is on, call a team mate

Are they going to stop these little toy cars from plowing into the sides of spiders that weigh triple the amount and shoving them all over the place? I doubt it but lets stop the climbing in bedlam cuz its such a problem

I like how dispite the extreme negative feedback from repair mode on test servers its creeping into the game anyways, repairing shoukd be an energy consuming module with a cooldown not something that encourages camping #robocraft

33 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I loaded up the one of most popular Cricket hover builds in test server (it uses 8 hovers), took into a custom battle and this is the first thing i did with it:

Hide contents

After some thorough testing I figured out what the issue is and here's the explanation:

Hide contents

TL;DR: This tweak stops working if you offset the weight towards a side. In a sideways hovercraft the weight is pretty much always offset so your tweak doesn't work on 90% of the hover builds which are used in this game.

The other stuff in test server is great! New map is cool (I love the burning wreckages in the field), the new modes are great too (I liked the Big Bad Flamers). I've yet to test the "Experiment mode" aminly due to this hover testing taking all my time.

Um bud, i watched both of your videos, first one many times, you are on the throttle whole time, climbing is intended with throttle

Problem before which you dont show anywhere if its fixed, is people would accelerate hills, let go of throttle and slide up it. You show this no where. 

Edited by Babylonsburning
Typo

11 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Big bad flamers

Flamethrowers, boosters, harpoons and hovers — what else can you need for a crazy brawl? Harpoon and burn everything that moves, because it is this deceptively simple tactic that is the key to victory!

How about a new map and game mode located on a huge acid lake? Where's only Hovers can be used. Not necessarily an acid lake could be just in a water lake, or ocean with big ship debris, destroyed oil platforms... and this kind of maps could unlock a "new world" of parts, like Torpedoes, Depth Charges, Naval Mines, Propeller as Movement Part or Meele Weapon, Hovercraft, Ship Cabins, Submarine Cabins...

“Experiment”

The mode is a PvP battle in the “Best of 3” format (the winner is determined by the results of several rounds). The main feature of the mode is the familiar mechanic of repairing an armoured car.

I think repair mechanics should be only implemented if we can respawn our vehicles after destruction in the same battle.

Boar fight

Fight against opponents in intense close combat! The battle takes place on prebuilt cars with boosters and the “Tusk” cabin, which means that your skills, reaction and cunning will play the main role. Maneuver constantly, try to ram the enemy at maximum speed and remember to monitor the battlefield! Who knows, maybe at that moment someone's tusks are ready to tear your “Boar” to pieces?

Prebuilt cars limitation seems bad idea to me, how about a new game mode where's players can use only meele weapons; Harvesters, Harpoons, Flamethrowers...?

Edited by aldermatias

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

Hide contents

damn I hope devs see that :/ Good testing, can you post it in feedback as well?

Edited by sam93931

I love the new brawls ideas was sooooooo cooooool , and the design of the new maps :) but the " experiment battle " can give more scrap ? because that kind of battle was  long as a clan battle and the reward is not scale properly :facepalm:. The repair features could be a good one but not in a direct PVP  mode like missions. Please note that the format of the "experiment " battle could be a PVP "harder missions " :014:, the curents missions , "Normal" and patrol the "easy"  . Something like raids no ? :D.

At least Hovers are hovers and Hovers are cancer . I m playing with hovers and i didn't see anything , hovers is the absolute cheat in this game :p and nothing can stop a hover !!!

Edited by JeanOeudC4

Just now, Babylonsburning said:

Um bud, i watched both of your videos, first one many times, you are on the throttle whole time, climbing is intended with throttle

Problem before which you dont show anywhere if its fixed, is people would accelerate hills, let go of throttle and slide up it. You show this no where. 

Hey, if you are such an expert,, why don't YOU report it then? Go ahead and make a vid about it.

I'm not full-time hover player here so I work with what I got here.

I know this is all wrong it's me out of all people who's trying to document this properly, no one else seems to be willing to step up to the plate.

Also now I understand why the devs added more "braking" when letting go of controls. However that's only half of the story. The other half is the wobbling when approaching the slopes at a high speed. Like this:

3rxZpmN.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Anatomycetes said:

Is that the new height of hovers spedemix?

I think that is the new mecanics representation 

I have some doubt about the balancing of hovers, it's a quite difficult to balance a flying and an agile think like that.This nerf doesn't work becaus all people play hover on the side not in the normal way :DD:lol:

Edited by JeanOeudC4

16 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Hey, if you are such an expert,, why don't YOU report it then? Go ahead and make a vid about it.

I know this is all wrong it's me out of all people who's trying to document this properly, no one else seems to be willing to step up to the plate.

Also now I understand why the devs added more "braking" when letting go of controls. However that's only half of the story. The other half is the wobbling when approaching the slopes at a high speed. Like this:

3rxZpmN.png

Cool give me a test server on consoles and ill help . Not buying a pc just so i can play on a test server

18 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

3rxZpmN.png

When hovers first came out the bumping and uneven terrain handling was excellent. But then the nerfhammer came and the hovers perk descriptoon is hilarious as a result

• Haha 1

Is that the new hover height spedemix?i'm asking to you and again, cuz u  can answer.

And if its so then i have better games to play

Edited by Anatomycetes
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

just climb everything i guess.

have fun going through all your maps again to erect all those invis walls around every ship, piece of wreck, hill, rock, etc.

and if you forget just a single area, szefopl will let you know loud and in caps.

maybe just put an area of death into such places that takes 10% of your original hp per second to discourage such behaviour. that way you could still go over them, but staying there will have an immense price.

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

just climb everything i guess.

have fun erecting all those invis walls around every ship, piece of wreck, hill, rock, etc.

XD Amazing , hovers are like aircraft , that physics....but that don't sounds good

Edited by JeanOeudC4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.