Woodyrojo

[Feedback] The map “Chemical Plant” and new game modes. Feedback

ATTENTION! The topic is created to gather all the constructive feedback regarding the changes and new features in progress. Please, leave your feedback only after you've tested the changes on the special test server. All the posts that are not made in accordance with the example below will be deleted!

EXAMPLE

These are the features I like the most:

• .... (in brief)

These are the features that I don't like:

• ....., because...
  • ....., because...

Conclusion: (brief constructive conclusion that sums up your overall experience)

Good:

New map and brawls, such new contents are always good.

Bad:

Chemical plant without hazardous terrain, what a shame!

Hovers are now able to climb cliff and walls, which makes them more OP

Any attempt on testing vehicle repairing system is a bad sign, plz just stop it.

mysterious graphic bug on the new map:

960937147_2019-08-23(1).thumb.png.c5fe361986209887_2019-08-23(2).thumb.png.6ab2b

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

• Chemical Plant map, bugs and errors aside, is easily the best map of the game imho, it's big,  has room for every playstyle and build, enough covers and it's overall design looks good and breaks of the desert theme which to be honest it's a bit boring already, as said above, some environmental hazars would be a nice touch :P 
  • New brawls are fine, dumb fun without thinking much on what you are doing and to break a bit of the grind 
  • Hovers feel more responsive to movement, no more pinball like stuff

• "Experiment" mode, is not really a new mode, is just domination with repairing and rounds
  • Both vehicle models of the new brawls sometimes don't work,  the hovers are so low that they scratch the ground at every minimal terrain irregularity, and the Tusk cabin damage overall is still a bit buggy, with 3 charges and the boosters, hitting an enemy on the side, you may insta kill it, or you may do 50 damage,  and on frontal impacts even if the other one has a burning cabin it may be you the one who ends up being destroyed 
  • Now hovers are more controlable, climbing some spots and radar armor will be even more of an advantage 
  • I'm still not convinced about the repair system, I don't think it will work in this game overall 

Conclusion: 

In general the update has good ideas, I would really like if this is the common patron from now on to get the updates, maybe a bit more time between them, but with more stuff (2 brawls, a """new""" mode and a map, I think we've never seen an update outside of events and main updates with this much content), but as said, some of the ideas need to be checked: 

-Experiment mode ,  for it to have the most minimal appeal, the rewards should be double of that ones of a normal mission (since you need 2 rounds to win, and it will take longer due to the repairing) OR have some "exclusive" reward, like some decor, dyes etc, something different, and TRADABLE if the decor thing ends happening

-Closer look on the Tusk and 4 hover vehicles mechanics 

Keep up the good work, if this sort of updates become  more common, the game may get back to it's once past great times! :good:

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Hi dev's nice content , add some cool stufff but i need to say something:

• The new maps , and the two new cooool mode with fire and melee combat, fun allowed with this new mods ^^. I appreciate the speed and the way like big black scorpion you want to add with firebug or melee brawl :)

• The new hovers physics doesn't work with side way hover (90% of build in the game use this tricks) and player  NEVER played a normal hover

Conclusion: 

A nice work with the classical content but please inquire more informations about the players because the nerfs for hovers and this new physics is cool but doesn't work properly at this time in THE REAL CONDITIONS OF A COMBAT. :004_2::017:

Edited by JeanOeudC4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

• hovers got better traction
  • new maps are always welcome
  • new brawls

• repair feature is still active on test server for normal pvp and custom pvp battles
  • scorpion still does full damage to everything
  • the new map is very exploitable. with hovers you can get outside (and back in) the map pretty much everywhere, many buildings etc to sit on top of. it would be a lot of fun for bedlam, but a big no-no for pvp
  • new traction parameters for hovers lets them climb to many new places. gonna need a whole lot of invis walls to stop that
  • next horsemen pack's parts going to firestarters (again). what about scavengers?
  • (also the tusk brawl build understeers so much, its no fun to drive)

Conclusion: 

a step forward, but before setting the foot down its gonna need a bit more thinking and a handful of urgent changes.

hovers are why we cant have nice things anymore and why you have had nothing but unnecessary balancing problems for 2 years. feel free to remove them from the game and compensate for each hover in player inventories with their price on the market. 

also, any news regarding the radar armor nonsense?

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes

• More maps
  • More brawls
  • More PvP modes

NO

• Repairs: Say bye to long range gameplay. There will be no meaning to crippling an opponent with a good shot.
  • Hovers remaining in the game when they were a mistake to reimplement: They clearly are not worth the trouble considering the amount of tweaks put into them after a horrible implementation. Replace them with spherical magnetic wheels. That way the hover players can keep their strafing high mobility part but be confined to the ground like the rest of us. If that is too much, globally nerf the accuracy of weapons on hovers in a linear by 50% when going at 80kmh and make hovers able to flip. That way their guns aren't laser accurate when going over bumps at top speed.

P.S. ~Don't read if you don't like rants. I feel like those managing development are collectively telling me to go xxxx myself. The first two times the community overwhelmingly voted against a repair feature, and now this feature is being pushed a third time except with verbage that suggests that this feature's presence is decided and permanent despite opposition to it. You ask the community for feedback on this feature, we tell you no, and you keep stuffing it in our faces. Either stop asking for feedback and just implement it or listen to the feedback and scrap the idea. You ask for direction from your customers as if you are going to follow it and then you turn around and do the opposite. Then there is the total ignorance of what the community really wants like basic gamemodes such as CTF, or even a 10 minute PvP match which is packed with action, respawns and a sweet scrap reward at the end of it. Are we ever going to get a physics engine overhaul that fixes wedges, traction, and other quirks like getting a generator rammed when it is tucked behind a plow? Are the raids ever going to be made bearable again or is this suffering through 15 minutes of PURE MONOTONY perpetual? 

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 7

• new stuff always welcome
  • FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR HOVERS, but more could be done

• no sign of fixing the scorp frame bug
  • no sign or VARIOUS OTHER PROMISED REWORKS: co-driver, chase
  • invisible walls

Conclusion: I think it has been too long since I have seen a positive rework for hover mechanics and I salute this. Please ignore the crying from the wheel and track users who do not intend to use hovers anyway and all they want is to nerf them to the ground. With the current change of maps that includes invisible walls it would be impossible to hide from the melee players in CW - to compensate please buff the hover max speed to 90

Edited by Komun1sT
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Komun1sT said:

• new stuff always welcome
  • FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR HOVERS, but more could be done

• no sign of fixing the scorp frame bug
  • no sign or VARIOUS OTHER PROMISED REWORKS: co-driver, chase
  • invisible walls

Conclusion: I think it has been too long since I have seen a positive rework for hover mechanics and I salute this. Please ignore the crying from the wheel and track users who do not intend to use hovers anyway and all they want is to nerf them to the ground. With the current change of maps that includes invisible walls it would be impossible to hide from the melee players in CW - to compensate please buff the hover max speed to 90

Man are you serious , hovers are not balanced and after this possible rework that could be brake the game.... :/

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

this is not a thread for discussion, only feedback

P.S What a suprise! lol

Spoiler

image.png.455de89e85c945b0089fc8eef9a058

Edited by Komun1sT
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

this is not a thread for discussion, only feedback

P.S What a suprise! lol

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.455de89e85c945b0089fc8eef9a058

That thing looks great tho :DDD

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, xCrossFaith said:

That thing looks great tho :DDD

I don't understand what you want to tell me...explain please :)

What's wrong ?

screenshot-190825-160305.jpg

Edited by JeanOeudC4
  • Haha 2

New brawls are fine. But contact damage was too fatal in big bad flame.

Hover change is fine but some map should be changed to block hover from moving somewhere the other builds can't reach.

I don't sure about Experiment. Is repair necessary in this mode? Repair worked quite well in brawl (speed of repair should be faster, and delay should be shorter, in the brawl).
But in the experiment, it seems it did not work well. And it won't work well.
Bots can't do repair. Ammunition is limited. Ordinary PVP is much better.
There should be more to balance this new mode and make it more interesting and reasonable.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 2

There are the things that I liked the most:

• New map looks cool and plays well. It's easily the best Domination map in the game.
  • Water reflections look gorgeous!
  • I don't play much brawls but these modes with premade builds seem nice addition; easier for new players to get in. They played fine, didn't see any problems.

These are the things I didn't like or find lacking:

• You botched the hover tweak. Not only is it not working correctly on 90% of builds players use, you still managed to achieve pretty much the opposite of what you set out to do. Epic fail
  • The experiment. I just don't care about the Repair mechanic in Missions. It'll either be pointless addition playing no part in the outcome or an excercise in frustration depending on who you're fighting.

Conclusion:

New stuff is great (I'm really happy you guys keep making maps). Repair is unwanted, I just don't see the potential in PvP and no one else seems to see it either outside of Targem.

You guys have some serious issues when it comes to the QA of hover tweaks. Either you simply don't run even the basic tests for this stuff or someone in your company has a conflict of interest and is effectively sabotaging your work. I'm not joking when I say you literally ended up achieving the opposite of what you set out to do. That is the fruit of your labors.

Edited by Spedemix
typos
  • Upvote 9

• that u finally started to block for good any map exploit unreachable places for other builds than hovers and in less cases leg builds
  • new modes and maps

• as @Spedemix mentioned while u started to block the most known and obvious unreachable map exploit locations mainly used by hovers u did botch other hover tweaks for anything else, so now a hover can go on many other non obvious exploit locations with even more ease, this is UNACCEPTABLE advantage and should be blocked in any case, just look at this, this cannot happen

You started to block map exploits by invisible walls and that's good standard practice in many games that needs this and can be implemented asap, but u did done changes to hover that makes them even better to go on new map exploit locations and leave A LOT non obvious exploit locations, like on this vid, some lower rocks, edge rocks, containers are still intact, wagons etc., there are also still a lot of obstacles on some maps like wrecked small cars that a hover can just fly over but others builds cant and stuck on them, especially when they are close to walls, they can run on them, but other builds cant and this in most cases mean they have advantage just by using hovers, if wheels were so forgiving...

So in its current state hover tweaks are a huge buff that makes them even better movement parts than others so this is the opposite you stated, this is not what should be done, they need a nerf, not buff, the are already too strong so this tweaks should not be implemented in its current form.

U did start to block map exploits, now u need to continue this and provide a mechanic that will block any map exploits for good, now and in the future, a system what will not force you to check every map design, every rock etc., and every time u update the maps or do new ones,  just to find out if it is exploitable or not, hovers should have a fixed altitude they cant go over, never, just like other builds cant, also going up a slope should be blocked for a certain maximum slope angle so they cant go on rocks like on that vid, i mean this looks silly, its almost vertical movement like some rocket :-), u need to do something so they cant go on whatever absurd exploit rock, container, wagon they can find, this is not balanced at all but that walls are a good start at least. Or if u want and have time, just spam invisible walls where only they needs to be if there is really no other solution.

As a side note, we really need more movement parts equality and balancing in game, tracks are in a very bad spot now in the game regardless their recent changes.

• repair mechanic, i dont see any way this wont turn into hide and seek boring gameplay and will not be abused, and even on brawls this will be even more abused, u kill one u hide and get to full build again, but the whole point of the game is that u have one full build and u need to be careful or u die, with repair mechanic ppl will specialize in one on one ambush encounters so they can go, quick kill and repair asap, so i dont see it in any pvp mode, maybe as a help in raids, when u can earn extra repair uses with certain raid milestones, but that's it.
  • as fun as the new brawls are i would expect the builds to be better and stronger, cuz, why not, why we always need to have weak builds and not top tier hardware? Why that tusk builds dont have hermeses? They should and should be stronger,  a little longer, build with more tactic and opportunity to use, now they just weak and they work the way u can blow yourself with you enemy, that not good.
    The other brawl with fire monsters, the same issues, its fun but HP is very low, so the whole brawl is ambush based tactic, whos the first almost always win, that's not good, they should again have more HP so it takes longer to win, maybe some additional modules for fun like Phoenix/spike
  • no scorpion frame fix, u dont really need to wait for scorpion tweaks to change it right now, its disappointing u are postponing it for such reason
Edited by szefopl
  • Upvote 2