Shiv ST; 90 ps, 500 tonnage, 145 pts, 100 kg, -12% power
Chained ST; 90 ps, 300 tonnage, 115 pts, 50 kg, -12% power

It seems Shiv is much superior to Chained. Better durability, higher (true) tonnage and high melee resistance (and some melee damage). Of course, it is heavier but just by 50 kg.
Additional 50 kg does not matter even for light builds. And Shiv offers better tonnage so mass heavier by 50 kg does not matter at all.
When Chained wheel causes lack of tonnage, Shiv will solve the problem. Usually Shiv is much better option, even when player want to make nimble & light builds.
It seems Chained should be buffed.

And...
APC ST; 60 ps, 645 tonnage, 145 pts, 215 kg, -15% power

Compared to APC, both are too light. I don't understand how Shiv can be so lighter than APC. Of course, it has higher ps but it feels out of law of physics.
Increasing mass and tonnage would be helpful. (For realistic stat and differentiation between Shiv and Chained.)

Chained and Shiv both should be heavier and has more tonnage. For the Chained, durability buff is also necessary.
I can't suggest detailed number because i believe mass (and durability) of frame also should be changed. Two suggestions are related so it is too complicated.

Also, It seems Stubbed wheel needs small change. It is too light even for light builds. (Maybe much more tonnage?)
Anyway it has shock absorber and control arm. 30 kg is too light.

It seems Gun-mount and Lunar IV need small melee resistance. Their actual durability depends on "Lets (50%) damage through" too much.
It made them too vulnerable to melee and collision damage. They are only two wheels with weakness against specific type damage.
(Durability of Lunar is normally 140 pts, but against melee, it is only 70 pts!)

40% melee resistance for Gun-mount (125 pts against melee) and 30% melee resistance for Lunar (100 pts against melee) would be a pleasure.
(And their average pts against all damage type will be 145 pts for Gun-mount and 132 pts for Lunar.
(Increasing durability just very slightly would be helpful. If there is no change of frame, maybe 65 kg or heavier mass would fit well for Lunar. Of course more tonnage too.)

I don't sure what is necessary for Balloon wheel, the most unpopular wheel in this game. It's ground clearance is too small. But this is character of it. What should be changed?

Stallion has too superior tonnage compared to Landing gear.

Common wheels are too awful and too inefficient (Too low performance to PS).

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 3

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

I agree that Chained wheels aren't worth the PS, and inferior to Shivs. I'd just suggest putting them at 75PS for now, as I believe a more extensive rare wheels overhaul is needed.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1

Honestly... blue wheels need a rebalance from scratch. Lunar IV wheels are just a complete waste of inventory space.... which is really sad... they look nice.

There are very few competive blue wheels... there is no diversity.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Honestly... blue wheels need a rebalance from scratch. Lunar IV wheels are just a complete waste of inventory space.... which is really sad... they look nice.

There are very few competive blue wheels... there is no diversity.

Yep all blue ones need be reworked...

Or add a new module to give blue wheel similar traction to purple wheels..

Please ! ! ! ! 

3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Bump because chained wheels need love! Nobody's gonna pay 90PS for a lighter medium wheel :'D

I prefer chained, I don't like getting caught on edges and teammates, with those shiv wheels id just get annoyed

Id love another wheel of the same size as an epic tho, fast cars need love

The only advantage of chained wheels is that their hitbox is smaller, which in turn allows it to be more easily protected and makes your ride more lean, not getting caugh on teamates and world objects that often.

Edited by lucashc90

I love Shivs and Chained wheels mostly for their compact size and ideal suspension height. I just use the Shivs because they are clearly superior.

I think the best way to go about this is to revert the changes to wheels and give different wheels different grip again and then give the Chained wheels great grip and increase their HP and Tonnage as well. IMHO they should have greater tonnage than the shivs, and about the same HP, the Shivs would then have the advantage of the collision resistance.

We have an enormous amount of light and medium cabins, and only ONE purple wheel....

Really? , I mean... really?  REALLY? ? ? / ! ! ! 

22 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

I love Shivs and Chained wheels mostly for their compact size and ideal suspension height. I just use the Shivs because they are clearly superior.

And one thing I have notice too: shivs can be placed on spots any other wheel can't and I suspect chained wheels too (must have something to do with their collision model), making it the wheel of choice between the larger medium wheels (stat wise) and the smaller type of wheels (size wise).

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1

Interestingly I have been runing primarily chained wheels for all of my light(ish) fury based builds for quite a while now and done pretty well with them.

Never considered checking shivs as to me they they stick out to the side too much and I mainly wanted decently looking wheels that cannot be shot off too easily.

Not saying a Buff would make them OP but they are definitely useable...

My currently biggest issue with them is that no spare (decor) of the model is available.