DHawk216

Camera tweak for wheel builds

My suggestion is simple. Make it so if your vehicle has no strafing parts (hovers, augers, legs), you can press one of the strafing buttons and it spins your camera exactly 180° from your current view. Then in conjunction with that, make it so the other strafing button instantly makes your camera face forwards (the same direction as the cab faces). It's an existing technology that could easily be implemented as it has in games such as Twisted Metal, Grand Theft Auto, Forza, Gran Turismo and Need For Speed. 

The reason for this would be to make use of buttons that have no use in battle for wheel builds and allow you to drive and shoot all directions while still being able to quickly switch to a forwards facing view so as not to crash while driving on narrow maps like 'Powerplant' and 'Old Town'.

Also, it would give wheels a buff without affecting the balance of any other parts in the game. The crushed cars on Old Town can end a game for wheel builds on contact, while hovers and spiders simply go over or bounce off. This would allow people driving >80 kph, shooting backwards with MGs, shotguns, etc., to instantly see forwards to avoid driving into walls or rocks or cars or any of the other countless things that can end your game instantly. 

Thoughts and feedback? 

Edited by DHawk216
Typo
  • Upvote 4

I like the idea.

Mmh, there probably needs to be a checkbox to tick in options to enable this in case people are a mixture of strafing and non-strafing parts. You enable it and "E"-button (or R3) flips the camera to point directly to back, "Q"-button (or L3) flips it to face forwards.

PC already has a T-button to make the camera face forwards. I recently learned console players do not have this feature at all.

22 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I like the idea.

Mmh, there probably needs to be a checkbox to tick in options to enable this in case people are a mixture of strafing and non-strafing parts. You enable it and "E"-button (or R3) flips the camera to point directly to back, "Q"-button (or L3) flips it to face forwards.

PC already has a T-button to make the camera face forwards. I recently learned console players do not have this feature at all.

Super duper, duper existing technology that has been withheld from console players? I cannot begin to tell you how many deaths I've taken because of this lack of a feature, that apparently already exists on PC. It's bad enough the inherent delay with switching between left and right on controllers (controllers must cross over their own axis at the 0,0 point on a joystick BEFORE they can START turning an opposite direction. It is THE advantage that separates M&K from controllers, and it further increases the delay towards looking where tf you're going). 

Please, if I ever get a low-grade cookie, let it be this one. I may never see the day a MG is equivalent with a cannon, but let me control my PoV!!!

Hot patch please! 

It will be great if we will be able to control position of the camera more. In the current state it is very unrealistic. It is like record from some real flying object (dron) above and behind vehicle. Existing, because it records visuals which are not detected by vehicle radar, so it is not some model of XO reality. Take into account, that you can use the camera to look behind obstacle and corner. So I suggest that we should be able to set camera position more, like by placing scopes. Scopes itself will be used for zoom.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, gumaak__CG_ said:

In the current state it is very unrealistic. It is like record from some real flying object (dron) above and behind vehicle. Existing, because it records visuals which are not detected by vehicle radar, so it is not some model of XO reality. Take into account, that you can use the camera to look behind obstacle and corner.

I would be open too us playing first person but you can only show so much on a flat screen so you need a 3rd person camera angle too see enemies at the side of your vehicle. The thing I dislike most about fps's is having too scan left and right because you have a tiny fov.