Kope98

New Epic cabin: Minesweeper

I would probably use this. It definitely needs to weigh more than Humpback, to make up for having a free weapon.

How far down would the melee damage reach? Some special hitbox work would be needed to allow for different mobility parts, with different frame-heights, to all use it effectively without it dragging along the ground and impeding travel. Just make the damage-dealing hitbox extend beyond the collision hitbox (like active melee weapons).

Maybe tone down the speed to match Humpback and Bastion. Edit: or give it better speed, less max mass. Having one stat the same and the other better doesn't seem fair to the other two cabs.

I like the idea of a big Cerberus.

Edited by DominusPericulum

Honestly i would prefer a type of EMP module that could break places turrets / kaps within range

• Upvote 2

Kinda like that one tbh. Maybe it could be labelled as a tank cab like Carapace and go 55-60 kmh max?

Edited by Clebardman

Cool idea, how would it react to porcs considering they are mines ? It would be taking straight cab damage or would it have some type of resistance to porcs ? Would mines/porcs show on mini map ? Mini map might be completely blotted out it someone was spamming enough. 

^Well, if they're the same part, it can't take damage twice from an explosion. I'd suggest just giving the harvester's resists (90% ram 30% expl) to the flail, because it makes sense I guess. If it detonates them further away, the damage will be lowered by the distance too.

Bump, like the idea.

Edited by Clebardman

To be honest i would not use this one.

Its slow (i know it cant be fast - would not make sense)

and i would prefer the cabin with a perk that fits my current wpns.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, ZKWS said:

Honestly i would prefer a type of EMP module that could break places turrets / kaps within range

maybe your idea can be combine with my suggestion here :good:

I like the concept, but I don't know if it's worth having a Cabin that only counters 1 module.  (Also, there's not enough Minelayer parts in this game, but that's another discussion.

Maybe if it wasn't the Cabin?  I mean, I like the flail attachment, but it is an attachment, so I'd probably rather see this as a Melee Weapon with a Perk.  Like Harvester, only instead of gaining extra damage under certain circumstances, it beats a larger field, and also destroys Mines/Turrets/Wheel Drones.  That makes it more versatile than buying, or crafting a Cabin that might become useless if they ever nerf Kapcan.

On a similar note (Too late now) I always wished they made Tormentor a Cabin instead of a Module.  It would have even fit right into the 4 Horsemen Packs, with a Reaper for Death instead of a droneboat that looks a little like a Hearse.  That way, a Firebug couldn't have a Tormentor, AND a Blight.

Edited by psiberzerker

I like the idea, but having it focused specifically to the Kapkan is a bit too restrictive for a perk.

Perhaps the cabin should give damage resistance to the whole vehicle from any weapon with the 'mine' designation as well - thus giving players some kind of protection against the kapkan as well as the porcupine?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Christof_Romuald said:

Perhaps the cabin should give damage resistance to the whole vehicle from any weapon with the 'mine' designation as well - thus giving players some kind of protection against the kapkan as well as the porcupine?

..And Fortunes, Barrier X is a Turret, or it should be, but it doesn't deal damage anyway.  it would have to be just to the Flail part of it, not unlike how Bastion protects against damage (But not Energy) from the front.  

It would also be useful in Raids where they have minefields, as well.  I think we need a real minelayer, that drops an anti-vehicle mine on the spot, anyway.  Fortunes, and Porcupines are more like Grenade Launchers the way they're actually implemented.

Edited by psiberzerker

On 1/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Christof_Romuald said:

I like the idea, but having it focused specifically to the Kapkan is a bit too restrictive for a perk.

Well, if the front flail has a decent range and some explosive resist, it'll naturally pop Fortunes and Porcs away, and reduce the remaining damage some more.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:56 AM, Clebardman said:

Well, if the front flail has a decent range and some explosive resist, it'll naturally pop Fortunes and Porcs away, and reduce the remaining damage some more.

Hm, here's the thing, it's basically like a Harvester, or front Auger (On a sideways hover, or Spider) when it comes to Hit-box, but I'd rather it would only resist the explosions of the mines, not the direct fire when they're used as grenade launchers.  Well, honestly, i'd rather than Minelayers weren't outclassing Grenade launchers (Excpet for Grenadier Drones) completely, but that's a whole nother rant.  

The actual Melee Damage should be fairly low, because of what it is.  Basically a bunch of chains spinning on a drum, it works okay for brickwork, and it's probably not half bad for Lunatic Parts (Which are basically shop cloth, angle iron, and rebar held together with bailing wire) but it's not going to do much more than knock the rust off of APC/Tank armor.

Again, not unlike the Meat grinders, because they're not a Melee Weapon.  They just have a little damage tacked onto their primary purpose, but even if that is resistant to the explosion from Porcupines, you still have to worry about the rest of your car, engulfed in flames from the secondary effect.

24 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Hm, here's the thing, it's basically like a Harvester, or front Auger (On a sideways hover, or Spider) when it comes to Hit-box, but I'd rather it would only resist the explosions of the mines, not the direct fire when they're used as grenade launchers.  Well, honestly, i'd rather than Minelayers weren't outclassing Grenade launchers (Excpet for Grenadier Drones) completely, but that's a whole nother rant.  

The actual Melee Damage should be fairly low, because of what it is.  Basically a bunch of chains spinning on a drum, it works okay for brickwork, and it's probably not half bad for Lunatic Parts (Which are basically shop cloth, angle iron, and rebar held together with bailing wire) but it's not going to do much more than knock the rust off of APC/Tank armor.

Again, not unlike the Meat grinders, because they're not a Melee Weapon.  They just have a little damage tacked onto their primary purpose, but even if that is resistant to the explosion from Porcupines, you still have to worry about the rest of your car, engulfed in flames from the secondary effect.

Well, it requires you to expose your cab like Tusk and Cerberus, and it's large and slow, so some resist doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. I could see the flail doing *2-*4 damage against Kapkans, Porcs, fortunes, drones, turrets and barriers to make sure it pops them efficiently and at a decent range.

17 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I could see the flail doing *2-*4 damage against Kapkans, Porcs, fortunes, drones, turrets and barriers to make sure it pops them efficiently and at a decent range.

Yeah, I'd just do away with Damage all together.  The perk is they Destroy Mines, and Turrets on contact.  I'm just wondering if that should apply to them in the air, fired straight into your face, or not.  

Barrier IX is a Turret.  It even says Turret in the stat sheet.  I'm still leaning toward it being an Attachment (Like the real thing is) that you can put on the front, or back of your vehicle.  That way it can cost what, 2 Energy?  I don't like the idea of it being a cabin, let alone an Exposed cabin, with that hitbox, and only be resistant to Mines, I know I'd abuse the heck out of that.

Edited by psiberzerker

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, I'd just do away with Damage all together.  The perk is they Destroy Mines, and Turrets on contact.  I'm just wondering if that should apply to them in the air, fired straight into your face, or not.  

Barrier IX is a Turret.  It even says Turret in the stat sheet.  I'm still leaning toward it being an Attachment (Like the real thing is) that you can put on the front, or back of your vehicle.  That way it can cost what, 2 Energy?  I don't like the idea of it being a cabin, let alone an Exposed cabin, with that hitbox, and only be resistant to Mines, I know I'd abuse the heck out of that.

If it's not a cabin then I guess... relic harvester? :p Same collision box but a bigger damage hitbox because flails, and some perk that makes it stupidly good at going through porcs and kapkans.

18 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

If it's not a cabin then I guess... relic harvester? :p Same collision box but a bigger damage hitbox because flails, and some perk that makes it stupidly good at going through porcs and kapkans.

Pretty much what I was thinking, only Epic, with crappy enough damage, and Durability.  With the Damage Resistance to Mines (Exclusively) or possibly Damage Passthrough?  That might work, but it wouldn't be stupidly OP, because it's not powerful at all.  Unless you're a Mine, or a Turret.  

Also, more stand-off than Harvester.  There has to be booms (Not unlike the suspension on Meat Grinder) so the flails don't just swing back, and slap you in the face.  I was thinking Scourge, and make it a Firestarter's part?

• Upvote 1