Kope98

New Epic cabin: Minesweeper

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

I would probably use this. It definitely needs to weigh more than Humpback, to make up for having a free weapon.

How far down would the melee damage reach? Some special hitbox work would be needed to allow for different mobility parts, with different frame-heights, to all use it effectively without it dragging along the ground and impeding travel. Just make the damage-dealing hitbox extend beyond the collision hitbox (like active melee weapons).

Maybe tone down the speed to match Humpback and Bastion. Edit: or give it better speed, less max mass. Having one stat the same and the other better doesn't seem fair to the other two cabs.

I like the idea of a big Cerberus.

Edited by DominusPericulum

Honestly i would prefer a type of EMP module that could break places turrets / kaps within range

• Upvote 2

Kinda like that one tbh. Maybe it could be labelled as a tank cab like Carapace and go 55-60 kmh max?

Edited by Clebardman

Cool idea, how would it react to porcs considering they are mines ? It would be taking straight cab damage or would it have some type of resistance to porcs ? Would mines/porcs show on mini map ? Mini map might be completely blotted out it someone was spamming enough. 

11 hours ago, EVAN__WILLAMS said:

Cool idea, how would it react to porcs considering they are mines ? It would be taking straight cab damage or would it have some type of resistance to porcs ? Would mines/porcs show on mini map ? Mini map might be completely blotted out it someone was spamming enough. 

Perhaps the sweeper part sits about 2-3 cloaks out and takes reduces damage to all minelayer class weapons.. but some splash will still fir the cabin slightly..

^Well, if they're the same part, it can't take damage twice from an explosion. I'd suggest just giving the harvester's resists (90% ram 30% expl) to the flail, because it makes sense I guess. If it detonates them further away, the damage will be lowered by the distance too.

Bump, like the idea.

Edited by Clebardman

To be honest i would not use this one.

Its slow (i know it cant be fast - would not make sense)

and i would prefer the cabin with a perk that fits my current wpns.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, ZKWS said:

Honestly i would prefer a type of EMP module that could break places turrets / kaps within range

maybe your idea can be combine with my suggestion here :good:

I like the concept, but I don't know if it's worth having a Cabin that only counters 1 module.  (Also, there's not enough Minelayer parts in this game, but that's another discussion.

Maybe if it wasn't the Cabin?  I mean, I like the flail attachment, but it is an attachment, so I'd probably rather see this as a Melee Weapon with a Perk.  Like Harvester, only instead of gaining extra damage under certain circumstances, it beats a larger field, and also destroys Mines/Turrets/Wheel Drones.  That makes it more versatile than buying, or crafting a Cabin that might become useless if they ever nerf Kapcan.

On a similar note (Too late now) I always wished they made Tormentor a Cabin instead of a Module.  It would have even fit right into the 4 Horsemen Packs, with a Reaper for Death instead of a droneboat that looks a little like a Hearse.  That way, a Firebug couldn't have a Tormentor, AND a Blight.

Edited by psiberzerker