xWlLL0Wx

matchmaking based on item rarity

the idea being that you can use whatever you like at whatever power score you like

but if you put a relic on, you get matched with other relics

same, all the way down the scale

matchmaking is based on the highest rarity item you have.

conversely, you would need to have a legendary item, in order to get into legendary matches

which would mean the addition of other legendary/relic items like a scope , radar detector,  radiators etc

in  order to mitigate exclusions like cricket builds from games with relics in.

it may also prevent new players from getting clubbed.

i dont know.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

no that ruins the game in so many ways, it doesn't stop seal clubbing, i can load up 2 wasps at 1.8k and could potentially ruin players at that PS, the way things are going atm looks positive to me

so you're a seal clubber that thinks things are going well.?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

no that ruins the game in so many ways, it doesn't stop seal clubbing, i can load up 2 wasps at 1.8k and could potentially ruin players at that PS, the way things are going atm looks positive to me

as long as they are not between goliath tracks i dont see a problem, vektors take those of easily if exposed :P

• Upvote 1

Good and a bad idea, I kind of like playing against relics at 8-9k even if im using Epic or Ledge build as it helps to improve my play style..

Be a good idea for new players thou as it would mean they can be matched against other until the build up a suitable inventory to play with the bigger builds...

Maybe an option catering for newer players for matches that limits what you can bring or has entry requirements to compete ?

We could spit ball this idea for ever lol .. well until someone ruins the discussion by bragging (AGAIN!)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, catwithswagger said:

We could spit ball this idea for ever lol .. well until someone ruins the discussion by bragging (AGAIN!)

Well I could tell you about the size of my lances if you want to... ;)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

the idea being that you can use whatever you like at whatever power score you like

but if you put a relic on, you get matched with other relics

same, all the way down the scale

matchmaking is based on the highest rarity item you have.

conversely, you would need to have a legendary item, in order to get into legendary matches

which would mean the addition of other legendary/relic items like a scope , radar detector,  radiators etc

in  order to mitigate exclusions like cricket builds from games with relics in.

it may also prevent new players from getting clubbed.

i dont know.

Like! 

It's a DIFFERENT approach many similar ideas previously talked in this forum

Like! Like! 

But it should come along with a constant "warning/reminder" when you assemble a new vehicle and put a item if higher rarity the game should tell you something like :

"you install a xxxx rarity item, that means you will face enemies  with same category item, be aware..." our something like that, -----> that would be specially useful for newcomers <------

Again, like the idea to protect newcomers :good:

You should put this in suggestion section of the forum, to see if it's approved by developers :yes_yes_yes: :good:

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

so a new player gets a gas get to use an extra few rare items, instantly faces a load of epic weapon users etc.. 

Everything in this life comes with a price tag :dntknw:, and the "warning" iv mentioned was precisely for that, an "informed decision"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m personally against it as well

It would lead to a very stale game to only fight the same rarity, especially as the pool of weapons shrink after the purple tier

Not to mention the matchmaking woes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

this wouldn't be considered, let alone implemented, i have nothing more to say or add.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

Yeah thats how you know it so fcking stupid, I won't even bother to explain why

So you will become moderator soon?  I suppose u could settle everything in no time...

:lol:

Side note: if @xWlLL0Wx don't put  this in suggestion I will, after all developers opinion is what really have any value as in...

"this wouldn't be considered, let alone implemented, i have nothing more to say or add."

:002::lol:

Edited by *Zhetesh
  • Upvote 1

It will just kill natural progression and creativity to tier it up. Basically kill the core of the game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

how so?

rarity doesn't mean sht all in terms of being good or bad, the new PS system they're testing looks great to me.

earlier, you said this 'i can load up 2 wasps at 1.8k and could potentially ruin players at that PS' 

thats a seal clubbers mentality.

i bet not many think like that.

especially new players.

the question is, why would you do that?

are you not good enough already that you have to demolish new players?

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

purposed changes may change MM & lower seal-club experience- somewhat...

https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/305613-news-changes-and-new-features-in-progress-special-test-server/&tab=comments#comment-5287575

the main issue (imo) of rarity based MM (match making) is it separates the player base into smaller bits, needing bots to fill the gaps, 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

Why? To prove my point to you.. would I? No, why bother.

A new player should have the mentality to some degree, when I started this game I understand that keeping a build efficient for it's PS was always important, its not hard to grasp

yeah but what are the chances that a new player would choose a wasp?

limited fire?

its the kinda thing that you discover has nice firepower after playing other things i would suggest..

not necessarily a 'go to' for a new player

when i started this game, i had no idea at all how it worked.

its not a beginers' concept to  work out how to get the max firepower onto the lowest possible powerscore

that comes from someone who has a depth of understanding about the game.

truth is, i think putting OP weapons onto a low powerscore build is a bit short sighted anyway.

if new players quit, the game dies and for what?, was it worth it?

ignore me. i'm in a sh tty mood

52 minutes ago, SpeedLocked said:

the main issue (imo) of rarity based MM (match making) is it separates the player base into smaller bits, needing bots to fill the gaps, 

While that is an issue, it'd also require a total rework of all weapons. If the rares that can handle legendaries can't meet epics and higher without bring their own epics/+ gear then you've got now OPed weapons primarily grouped in with the average performing weapons which is very bad for balance.

Edited by SIGMA920
  • Upvote 1

reviewing the matchmaking criteria is good, but what about the matchmaking of players in groups against the players alone, here is a print of a game in which we are 4 players alone against 2 groups of 2 players cwteam + another clan player, 5 against 4.

@Woodyrojo @Beta_Angel @BjKalderon

can you make sure that this is taken into account in balancing matchmaking PLEASE  

06-09-2019_23-34-52-nffha12z.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, samuraicrosser said:

reviewing the matchmaking criteria is good, but what about the matchmaking of players in groups against the players alone, here is a print of a game in which we are 4 players alone against 2 groups of 2 players cwteam + another clan player, 5 against 4.

@Woodyrojo @Beta_Angel @BjKalderon

can you make sure that this is taken into account in balancing matchmaking PLEASE  

06-09-2019_23-34-52-nffha12z.png

been on both sides of that fence.

it is unfair

the teams are sometimes very wildly imbalanced

maybe dont try to win...

use the opportunty to try new things.

if you can learn from a loss, you dont really lose.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, samuraicrosser said:

the question is not to win but to have a fair balance between the two teams

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

it is true

winning an unfair fight feels unfullfilling 

losing an unfair fight feels like time wasted

winning a fair fight is fun

losing a fair fight is something to learn from

we agree on that, but in the interim....

until things are sorted out......

there's a million and one things you could try

thats all i'm saying.

Or we combine Ps with the rarity item,

but i dont know how long the matchmaking need to find enough player ,

if the idea will added in the game.

how much better do you think matchmaking could get with the small amount of players we have on at a given time, that are also running in "your PS range" at the exact same time you queue up? the answer is not many, which is why to save time, the matchmaking pairs you up with players who seem either much higher or lower compared to where you are. the algorithm does not have a broad enough spectrum to pull from, for it to seem like it's working properly.  

I would almost solely blame poor matchmaking on XB (at this point), on the lack of a diverse enough player base to satisfy a room full of "your PS" players, but @Woodyrojo can't tell you that the game is struggling to put like PS players in the same lobby because of lack of interest. His corporate overlords won't allow him to disparage the game, even if it is the truth. they are scared for some reason. So he will avoid the questions and suggestions because he knows that the MM is pretty good (see PC) but it is in fact the lack of players causing people to get seemingly random lobbies with large discrepancies. 

MM is good. Player base on XB is down. MM looks broken, but is actually working well to keep you from 5 min queues. 

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.