Beni_Stingray1

Grenadier drones dont loose aim immidiatly when a chameleon is used

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Grenadier drones dont loose aim immidiatly when a chameleon is used and still hit you with their perfect aimbot while youre invisible.
What you expected to see That grenadier drones do loose aim immidiatly when chameleon is used.
Conditions in which error reproduce Wait until an enemy deploys grenadier drones, then immidiatly use a chameleon before the drones start shooting. They still hit you even if youre invisible for some time.
Problem details I linked a video with two clips. In both clips grenadier drones are deployed right in front of me and i activate my chameleon while the drones still start up, no grenades in the air at this time. I change my position while im invisible so the drones shouldnt know where i am but they still hit me perfectly.
Also the excuse some people use "the grenades were already flying in my direction, it was just the parabolic trajectory" are disproven with both clips and cant be used as an excuse.

Xbox version-nr. on titlescreen: 0.10.72.118065
Xbox version-nr. on news-screen; 1.0.49
No logs because Xbox
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug Always

Some additional testing with drones and cloak from Xbox_M_420, definitly worth a look into it!

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
Added thread with additional infos
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Those things are anoying as hell. Out of interest do other drones target you in the same situation I’m just wondering if it’s because of the visible shimmer at close range. 

18 minutes ago, NASTYNEIL357 said:

Those things are anoying as hell. Out of interest do other drones target you in the same situation I’m just wondering if it’s because of the visible shimmer at close range. 

No they dont. Falcon, Cobra, Sidekick, Anaconda, Owl and Fuze all immidiatly loose aim when a chameleon is used, even when they are already shooting at me. Grenadier drones are the only one behaving like this.
You can test this for yourself, make a custom battle with a friend who uses one of the drones, he deploys whatever drone you want to test behind a corner, you get invisible and drive by close enough for your friend to see the shimmering and the drones dont shoot you. In this test even the grenadier drones wont shoot you most of the times because you come from behind a corner already invisible.
The "bug" only happens when grenadiers get deployed closest to you, then they keep locked on you for around 1-1.5 seconds after you got invisible.

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

That maybe why some players feel they are OP.  It is true they fire at you after you have active the chameleon.

What we also need to know is that if the enemy player or the drone have a min detectable range.  For me, if someone active chameleon this close to me...they are wasting their time.

• Upvote 1

There are two threads that talk about this and we (myself included) concluded they indeed keep seeing you for a while after you cloak as even if we cloak and stop or make a u-turn, they still hit us.

Its annoying to say the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

"oh yeah, non broken drones still exist"

That feel when an horde of fuze drones is driving at you and they instantly dissipate the exact same moment you activate cloak.

39 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

You see the bots in raids stare at you while cloaked, they know where you are, they're programmed to your position cloaked or not, its blatant if you watch them. 

There's just something programmed to shoot or not shoot depending on cloak and the devs have tweaked something.

Jup its really obvious if you watch them a little bit how they behave and move. I have clips about getting shot from bots after cloaking but grenadier drones are more important to fix right now imo because they target you so much longer than all other ai controlled things.

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

IYou see the bots in raids stare at you while cloaked, they know where you are, they're programmed to your position cloaked or not, its blatant if you watch them. 

I thought I was seeing things but I notice that too, specially going against Nomads/Scavengers because their MG barrels are easier to see at distance.

51f43b1c72150ab352a86f0c51143b4e.jpg Its eerie and threatening at the same time... 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Jup its really obvious if you watch them a little bit how they behave and move. I have clips about getting shot from bots after cloaking but grenadier drones are more important to fix right now imo because they target you so much longer than all other ai controlled things.

That is why I have asked.  Are there a range for drones to able to detect an enemy. ie if you are too close to a drone, clocking do not work.  Both clips show only the closest drone keep you as target, and they were very very close to you.   The first clip also show that you were very close to the enemy.  I am kind of thinking you are cloaked, but not totally invisible, I am sure the player know exactly you are, so the drone would know where to shoot.

Edited by ChopChopChop

2 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

That is why I have asked.  Are there a range for drones to able to detect an enemy. ie if you are too close to a drone, clocking do not work.  Both clips show only the closest drone keep you as target, and they were very very close to you.   The first clip also show that you were very close to the enemy.  I am kind of thinking you are cloaked, but not totally invisible, I am sure the player know exactly you are, so the drone would know where to shoot.

Nope, read my second post. you can fly directly over enemy drones with hovers while invisible and they ignore you so its not like drones would see the "shimmering" like players do.

1 minute ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Nope, read my second post. you can fly directly over enemy drones with hovers while invisible and they ignore you so its not like drones would see the "shimmering" like players do.

What you are saying once drones are released that act independently and have their own LOS?  I have not play drones for a long time or not enough to notice.  I also don't use chameleon enough to know what to expected of them.  Do you have videos with the same close drones that are act differently?

Yes drones have their own "LOS". I dont have any videos from drones who are not grenadiers, they dont "cheat" so i never recorded them. But the shimmering is not seen from drones, you can drive by directly by an enemy drone while invisible and they dont shoot you.

52 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Jim and I are gonna do some real testing later to settle thing

Will be nice to have a video or 2.  Surly that will be a good examples for the dev team to look into it.:002:

On 9/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, Xbox_M_422 said:

Jim and I are gonna do some real testing later to settle thing

Please do and prove once and for all to those deniars these drones are broken :lol:

I have 4 of them and even I support their change.

Edited by lucashc90

On 9/10/2019 at 3:17 AM, x5TR34M1ND3M0Nx said:

Grenadiers (and all other drones) should not be able to see you when you are cloaked, it's a simple as that

Game balance work much better way when 1 energy stealth cant counter every AI weapons in the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I should start sorting these clips, christ theres so much.. 

Please do!

@Jnuttengr Thanks a lot! I also added a link in the first post to Xbox_M_420 thread, he did some additional testing with drones and cloak, definitly worth a look into it!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1