Woodyrojo

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.80

Just realised that you can repair used lancelots and booms... surely this can't be right?

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Lancelots and Booms can be repaired after use - when using the repair function used lancelots and booms which explode on contact with enemies are now replaced
What you expected to see Lancelots and booms to be permanently destroyed after use
Conditions in which error reproduce After lancelots and booms are used to damage opponents - Repair mode
Problem details lancelots and booms can be exploited for multiple use in the same game.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

8 hours ago, Komun1sT said:

Is your profile name Renamed71622 because dumbc0ckf4c3 was too honest?

Nice try, my name was Daddy4SKN. You were close though!

• Haha 3

In the past year I've earned full weeky scrap max 5 times. Last many months I mainly play some raids for weekly events. Now playing the repair mode I've maxed my scrap for the week, in abour 2 days.

I really like it and I hope it will remain.

Tried 5k and 13k invasions though. They seem next to impossible now. High PS invasions are always been nealy loss but now 5k invasions are nearly all lost, too. Suppose my 5k build could be improved but it's going to be difficult without teaming up with other good players.

And my own leviathan isn't getting any matches. No wins, no losses, during several days. 11k.

Edited by PurdooSix
added about invasions
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Renamed71622 said:

Nice try, my name was Daddy4SKN. You were close though!

Keep the roasts coming... DADDY! :lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, PurdooSix said:

And my own leviathan isn't getting any matches. No wins, no losses, during several days. 11k.

Isn't that below the minimum 5000 raider equation now? Maybe someone can find that old chart and pull up the new numbers

Tried 5k and 13k invasions though. They seem next to impossible now. High PS invasions are always been nealy loss but now 5k invasions are nearly all lost, too. Suppose my 5k build could be improved but it's going to be difficult without teaming up with other good players.

What is your 13k build?

In the past year I've earned full weeky scrap max 5 times. Last many months I mainly play some raids for weekly events. Now playing the repair mode I've maxed my scrap for the week, in abour 2 days.

I really like it and I hope it will remain.

After the change to 3 towers for invasion. I lose maybe 1 game out of 10...that is mostly with some very new or bad team mates. I think i run a 6K build....PM me if you want to team up.

My leviathan do 3 to 5 battles normally, usually i only get 1 win.

Last 2 days I had some lag issue only on the "Experiment" mode.  I even have been kicked by anit-cheat more than once which never have happen before.  The lag seem to be only happen to this game mode more than others.  Can it be anything to do with where the servers at or there is a bug on this patch?  Any MOD can help? Plz?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fftunes4real said:

@ChopChopChopI noticed way more lag the last few days as well on ps4 and we did not get the update yet. Must be servers.

Thanks...it must be the the servers then...thx mate.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 1:43 AM, lucashc90 said:

I drive a Bastion 2xGoliath 4xGoblin build sometimes (yeah yeah, cancer sandwich I know, move along) and here was my repair experience: I can't outrun 80% of builds, not even with a Golden Eagle installed (55km/h, WOW! So much speed!).

Why is that important? Because every Goddamn light build uses hit-and-run tactics while the heavy hitters can't find anywhere to hide (too big) or can flee fast enough to repair/pursue the enemy before he/she flees and repairs.

Well repair mechanic is just bad and nonsense in this game, and really cant be even balanced, it has no point at all in pvp, a rushed useless idea.

Nevertheless, u cant use Goliaths and expect your build to be faster right? Well thats the point of goliaths, you are slow but u have nice armor and thats the thing that balances them, the same goes for heavy cabins, u cant have armor and speed at the same time, that would be not balanced in current game, so it cant be fixed.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, szefopl said:

Nevertheless, u cant use Goliaths and expect your build to be faster right? Well thats the point of goliaths, you are slow but u have nice armor and thats the thing that balances them,

Goliaths with Goblins are anything but balanced.  He has no skill that's why he is using that in the first place. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, szefopl said:

Nevertheless, u cant use Goliaths and expect your build to be faster right? Well thats the point of goliaths, you are slow but u have nice armor and thats the thing that balances them, the same goes for heavy cabins, u cant have armor and speed at the same time, that would be not balanced in current game, so it cant be fixed.

I know Goliaths are slow af, that's why I always use Golden Eagle with them... those +10km/h is the only thing that avoids me from pulling my hair trying to go from A to B.

5 hours ago, Dirty_Coyote said:

Goliaths with Goblins are anything but balanced.  He has no skill that's why he is using that in the first place. 

Nah fam, I was just testing ALL my builds in the repair mode. So...

What DOESN'T work?

• smaller tracks vehicles: unprotected cabin, too slow, can't get away from battle to repair, can't pursue faster targets before they repair, low agility.
  • big bulky builds: takes too long to repair armor, so if the weapons aren't boxed (or are eventually striped off) forget getting them back in time (or before someone finds you).
  • TOW: because you can't deal enough damage before they change position and go into repair.
  • guided missiles: unless you are very active on the battlefield, its crap.

What SORTA work?

• Goliath: slow but protects the cabin in compensation (its about the only exception from builds above because you can get away with having almost no armor, but prepare yourself for waves of enemies).
  • fast tracks: because being the smallest and fastest track it sorta works just like wheels, but any other movement part will offer about as much protection and be repaired faster.
  • autocannons: you can snipe your target but unless you engage them at close quarters they will keep hiding and repairing out of your sight.
  • long range fire weapons (Mandrake, Fortune, Incinerator): unless you dewheel or deframe your oponent at long range, expect them repairing as soon as they hide from you.
  • triple or quad Aurora builds: does too little damage on its own, needs constant teamwork, can degun or dewheel with no problem but the enemy can repair... yeah...
  • lancers: even if used lancers aren't repaired, at least you can kill them fast, but if you use all lances just to cripple random enemies... well, I have bad news for you...
  • unguided rockets: does absurd amounts of damage in little amounts of time, pray and sprey is the way if you don't want to engage directly.

What DOES work? (basicaly any light/fast vehicle, if mounted on slower cars, it belongs above)

• cloaking: hit, hide, run, repair, repeat... only thing that COULD give an advantage to slower vehicles provide they can hide before its juice runs out.
  • cannons: you can cripple your enemies fast and finnish them off soon after, also, when you find someone repairing you can tear a new one on them before they exit the repair mode.
  • drones (specially grenadiers): they shoot the cabin and can chase your enemy for you, you can also pick ammo boxes laying around (do I need to say more?).
  • wedges: as if they aren't stronger already, not they can repair when you are not looking.
  • harvesters: chews enemies faster and they can rarely scape once engaged.
  • hovers: more agility means more cover to repair, better at hiding away and picking repairing cars around the corner easier (but it really shines when each hover is well armored).
  • machine guns/miniguns: spray fire to interrupt any long range enemy from repairing, can chew fleeing enemies fast.
  • close range fire weapons: same principle as harvester.
  • sparks/hooks (either harphoon or kapkan): don't let people run and hide or makes them more vulnerable to melee damage.
  • most boxed and undermount firearms: armor regenerates faster than guns, so you can keep them forever protected as long as you remember to repair constantly.

(basically anything that people already complains about gets somewhat stronger with repair)

Yes, I have all builds above or have assembled them on the go but I don't own any relic so I couldn't test those. Grenadiers, harvester and wedges are among the best IMO.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

basically anything that people already complains about gets somewhat stronger with repair)

Just sounds like a cancerous mode for cancerous builds. They (goliaths, grenadiers, and whatever else) that use these AND play lower PS are skill-less and feel free to prove me wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, submaxcw said:

They (goliaths, grenadiers, and whatever else) that use these AND play lower PS are skill-less and feel free to prove me wrong. 

I agree. That's why my only 2k PS build is a quad Chord Thug (but the MM keep putting me against 4k builds, so its been a while I don't drive that car).

I can see the appeal of glass cannons (intense gameplay and etc.) but its just unfair to those that actually don't have that high-end hardware at such low PS...

...but I would still prefer the game having sealclubbers than the devs restricting us on what we can and can't do.

(there is no way to hurt sealclubbers in a way everyone wouldn't be caught in the fallout IMHO)

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My thoughts on 10.80 and Crossout in general.

1. New map is fun.

2. Typhoon nerf. I don't know anything about this. I hardly see Typhoons anymore at my PS of 11K, which is a good thing I guess.

3. I like the PS delta in weapons. Before my dual Tsunami build was about 10.5K. Now it is roughly 11 or 11.5K. The cool thing is I have a dual 88 build that is 7.5 or 8K. That 3K PS difference is huge. And the gameplay difference between a Dual Tsunami Icebox and Dual 88 Ghost is nice. The Icebox is big, slow and tanky. The Ghost is faster and less tanky.

4. I don't like the idea of "repair" and will not play it. Part of the fun of this game is crafting a viable vehicle. If you build a vehicle with 4 white/blue wheels and light frames, you learn real quick that doesn't work. It forces you to think about your builds and make them better.

That being said, I still see people with dumb builds. For example, they'll mount a gun with 200, 300, 400, or 500 HP on a part with 50 HP. They don't realize that the low HP part is easy to shoot off and thus destroy their gun.

That being said, I work for a software development company. The thing I hate the most about our applications and other applications is black magic BS. Black magic BS means nobody fully understands the rules behind why a thing works the way it works, and thus users can't make good decisions about them.

This whole "grill" and "frame" BS is black magic. When people see a frame with 90 HP, they don't realize that the frame only takes 10% of the damage. Why bother with this dumb mechanic? If frames are supposed to only take 10% of the actual damage, then just give frames 900 HP with no damage resistance. Then people will just intuitively understand how they work. Now this might be a carry over to the days of the frame cancer builds. But in the current mechanics, frames don't add HP. So it wouldn't matter. And this would fix the Scorpion BS. Right now Scorpions do 100% damage to frames with zero damage resistance. So a base shot from a Scorpion does 270 damage which is enough to destroy any frame in one shot. If that is the intent, fine.

Same deal with "grill" pieces. People don't understand how a part with 10 HP can be better to mount their gun on over a part with 50 HP. It is not intuitive. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, pehenry said:

This whole "grill" and "frame" BS is black magic. When people see a frame with 90 HP, they don't realize that the frame only takes 10% of the damage. Why bother with this dumb mechanic? If frames are supposed to only take 10% of the actual damage, then just give frames 900 HP with no damage resistance.

The reason why it's setup like this is for two reasons:

1. They can be shot through so any part behind them taes the rest of the damage
  2. Contact damage (aka ramming) actually deals full damage unto them

If you changed it to the way you described, these two features would stop working. You could use Gun mounts as literal armor due to them having 1300 durability.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spedemix said:

If you changed it to the way you described, these two features would stop working. You could use Gun mounts as literal armor due to them having 1300 durability.

The pass through damage is one thing. 

But contact damage is not a good argument. Just the same these parts have a damage resistance, so too can certain weapon types have a damage bonus. 

Melee weapons can have a damage bonus to frames for the same effect. 

5 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Also, you’re completely wrong about Gun Mounts. 

Gun Mounts have 51 HP. But they also have 90% damage resistance and 10% pass through. 

So in reality, no black magic BS that even confused you, Gun Mounts have 510 HP (51 * 10). 

Its much easier to comprehend a gun mount with 510 real world HP is better to mount your gun on than a Gun Mount with 51 black magic BS HP. 

Gun Mounts and grills can still do a % of damage pass through, like they currently do. And melee weapons can also have a damage bonus to Grills/Gun Mounts. 

Its the same effect, but less black magic BS. 

If a person had a choice to mount their gun on a 510 HP part or a 90 HP part, they’re going to choose the 510 HP part. 

If an uninitiated person had a chance to mount their gun on a 51 HP Gun Mount or a 90 HP part, they’re going to make a poor decision. 

Edited by pehenry
Black magic BS damage resistances are dumb.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, ChopChopChop said:

Last 2 days I had some lag issue only on the "Experiment" mode.  I even have been kicked by anit-cheat more than once which never have happen before.  The lag seem to be only happen to this game mode more than others.  Can it be anything to do with where the servers at or there is a bug on this patch?  Any MOD can help? Plz?

i had some massive lag problems on all ru servers in any modes, pve or brawls after the latest patch

eu servers had the standard 12-18ms no loss

tried repair and my game started crashing randomly, especially in raids, about 200 fuel lost.

then did a full reinstall and touch wood no crashes since and no lag problems.

minimum-efforted my way through those 35 repair mode battles with a lancer, suicide style.

that was easy and quite successful. i see quite clearly why lancers are a thing especially for powerleveling and farming times (kr etc), it takes so little effort even when comparing to drones and missiles

Edited by forc3dinduction

9 hours ago, pehenry said:

Also, you’re completely wrong about Gun Mounts. 

Gun Mounts have 51 HP. But they also have 90% damage resistance and 10% pass through. 

So in reality, no black magic BS that even confused you, Gun Mounts have 510 HP (51 * 10). 

Its much easier to comprehend a gun mount with 510 real world HP is better to mount your gun on than a Gun Mount with 51 black magic BS HP. 

Gun Mounts and grills can still do a % of damage pass through, like they currently do. And melee weapons can also have a damage bonus to Grills/Gun Mounts. 

Its the same effect, but less black magic BS. 

If a person had a choice to mount their gun on a 510 HP part or a 90 HP part, they’re going to choose the 510 HP part. 

If an uninitiated person had a chance to mount their gun on a 51 HP Gun Mount or a 90 HP part, they’re going to make a poor decision.

Gunmounts on PS4 have 38 durability. You're telling me they got buffed? Can anyone confirm?

16 hours ago, pehenry said:

This whole "grill" and "frame" BS is black magic. When people see a frame with 90 HP, they don't realize that the frame only takes 10% of the damage. Why bother with this dumb mechanic? If frames are supposed to only take 10% of the actual damage, then just give frames 900 HP with no damage resistance. Then people will just intuitively understand how they work. Now this might be a carry over to the days of the frame cancer builds. But in the current mechanics, frames don't add HP. So it wouldn't matter. And this would fix the Scorpion BS. Right now Scorpions do 100% damage to frames with zero damage resistance. So a base shot from a Scorpion does 270 damage which is enough to destroy any frame in one shot. If that is the intent, fine.

Same deal with "grill" pieces. People don't understand how a part with 10 HP can be better to mount their gun on over a part with 50 HP. It is not intuitive. 

I must admit that it took me way too much time to use frame parts for their intended purpose because as you said when you are new and you see around 15 HP for a grille structure you don't really want to use it. If you look closely indeed you can basically multiply that value by 10. 

So the question now is : would saying these are 150 hp structures that transfer 90% of damage taken to the piece behind (which could be confusing because the piece takes 100% and the other takes 90% meaning the weapon does 190% damages) and that takes 10 times the normal damages from ramming (5 for real frames that have a 50% reduction if I am not mistaken) be better ?

I don't think so.

On the other hand I really think that "damages may pass through" is a bad description. What I think is that the reductions shown in parameters (which I discovered very late playing the game) should be shown when looking at the part overview. Having 50% damage reduction or a 90% pass through should be something you imediately see on the part itself. A bit like bumpers shouldn't hide their insane ramming resistance in the parameters for no reason.

In parameters you could add the complete explanations on how the things work : Like explaining that passthrough 90% mean that 90% of the damages of non ramming attack will continue in a line and hit the next part found, disappearing if no part in found after x meters. Numbers are obfuscated too much in this game. It took me way too much time to understand how power work. I mean intuitively if you have 100% power and use two pieces reducing power by 65% (additively) you would normally end with -30% power... so a non working vehicle. Knowing it's in fact base power/(1-actual power) when less than 0 (so Base / (1+0.3) = Base * 0.77) is not intuitive. An other thing: Bars are fun and all but when you have HP given as a number,  you can give damages as a number too. 3 bars mean nothing but 16 damages is easy to compare to HP. Having to use external sites or test dummies to find values like that isn't great. 

It's a craft game. Informations on how things work should be accessible for people that want to crunch numbers. And for the others, things like resistance should at least be shown without having to check parameters. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2019 at 3:12 AM, DHawk216 said:

Gunmounts on PS4 have 38 durability. You're telling me they got buffed? Can anyone confirm?

I am mistaken. They have 38 HP on the PC too.

That gives them an effective HP of 380.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:05 AM, ZERGOR said:

I must admit that it took me way too much time to use frame parts for their intended purpose because as you said when you are new and you see around 15 HP for a grille structure you don't really want to use it. If you look closely indeed you can basically multiply that value by 10. 

So the question now is : would saying these are 150 hp structures that transfer 90% of damage taken to the piece behind (which could be confusing because the piece takes 100% and the other takes 90% meaning the weapon does 190% damages) and that takes 10 times the normal damages from ramming (5 for real frames that have a 50% reduction if I am not mistaken) be better ?

I don't think so.

On the other hand I really think that "damages may pass through" is a bad description. What I think is that the reductions shown in parameters (which I discovered very late playing the game) should be shown when looking at the part overview. Having 50% damage reduction or a 90% pass through should be something you imediately see on the part itself. A bit like bumpers shouldn't hide their insane ramming resistance in the parameters for no reason.

In parameters you could add the complete explanations on how the things work : Like explaining that passthrough 90% mean that 90% of the damages of non ramming attack will continue in a line and hit the next part found, disappearing if no part in found after x meters. Numbers are obfuscated too much in this game. It took me way too much time to understand how power work. I mean intuitively if you have 100% power and use two pieces reducing power by 65% (additively) you would normally end with -30% power... so a non working vehicle. Knowing it's in fact base power/(1-actual power) when less than 0 (so Base / (1+0.3) = Base * 0.77) is not intuitive. An other thing: Bars are fun and all but when you have HP given as a number,  you can give damages as a number too. 3 bars mean nothing but 16 damages is easy to compare to HP. Having to use external sites or test dummies to find values like that isn't great. 

It's a craft game. Informations on how things work should be accessible for people that want to crunch numbers. And for the others, things like resistance should at least be shown without having to check parameters. 

Which is easier to explain/understand?

A gun mount with 380 HP passess 10% of the damage taken to the part behind it.

Or

A gun mount with 38 HP reduces damage by 90% and passes 10% of the the damage taken to the part behind it.

Even though I constructed both sentences in the exact same manner, you can see which sentence is obviously longer and more complex.

Edited by pehenry

All I know is when I started Grilles said "Bullets can pass through" So, not Cannon Shells or Wasp Missiles, only Bullets passed through. So, I placed my Weapons welded to my Cabin,

I do not what the description says now, I will have to check tonight, but I am willing to wager it says none of the stuff you said. How would a new player know it passes through 90% damage when it says "Bullets pass through". When I was new I thought my bullets could pass through them too. A quick test in garage proved that incorrect and so I said screw them stupid parts. I wanted to shoot through them. If I could not, then they were worthless. I like using them as wheel protectors or spaced armor. I still will not mount my weapons onto them for PVP, but I do for Raids.

Peace

• Upvote 1