Woodyrojo

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.80

On 9/17/2019 at 5:05 AM, ZERGOR said:

I must admit that it took me way too much time to use frame parts for their intended purpose because as you said when you are new and you see around 15 HP for a grille structure you don't really want to use it. If you look closely indeed you can basically multiply that value by 10. 

So the question now is : would saying these are 150 hp structures that transfer 90% of damage taken to the piece behind (which could be confusing because the piece takes 100% and the other takes 90% meaning the weapon does 190% damages) and that takes 10 times the normal damages from ramming (5 for real frames that have a 50% reduction if I am not mistaken) be better ?

I don't think so.

On the other hand I really think that "damages may pass through" is a bad description. What I think is that the reductions shown in parameters (which I discovered very late playing the game) should be shown when looking at the part overview. Having 50% damage reduction or a 90% pass through should be something you imediately see on the part itself. A bit like bumpers shouldn't hide their insane ramming resistance in the parameters for no reason.

In parameters you could add the complete explanations on how the things work : Like explaining that passthrough 90% mean that 90% of the damages of non ramming attack will continue in a line and hit the next part found, disappearing if no part in found after x meters. Numbers are obfuscated too much in this game. It took me way too much time to understand how power work. I mean intuitively if you have 100% power and use two pieces reducing power by 65% (additively) you would normally end with -30% power... so a non working vehicle. Knowing it's in fact base power/(1-actual power) when less than 0 (so Base / (1+0.3) = Base * 0.77) is not intuitive. An other thing: Bars are fun and all but when you have HP given as a number,  you can give damages as a number too. 3 bars mean nothing but 16 damages is easy to compare to HP. Having to use external sites or test dummies to find values like that isn't great. 

It's a craft game. Informations on how things work should be accessible for people that want to crunch numbers. And for the others, things like resistance should at least be shown without having to check parameters. 

Which is easier to explain/understand?

A gun mount with 380 HP passess 10% of the damage taken to the part behind it.

Or

A gun mount with 38 HP reduces damage by 90% and passes 10% of the the damage taken to the part behind it.

Even though I constructed both sentences in the exact same manner, you can see which sentence is obviously longer and more complex.

Edited by pehenry

All I know is when I started Grilles said "Bullets can pass through" So, not Cannon Shells or Wasp Missiles, only Bullets passed through. So, I placed my Weapons welded to my Cabin,

I do not what the description says now, I will have to check tonight, but I am willing to wager it says none of the stuff you said. How would a new player know it passes through 90% damage when it says "Bullets pass through". When I was new I thought my bullets could pass through them too. A quick test in garage proved that incorrect and so I said screw them stupid parts. I wanted to shoot through them. If I could not, then they were worthless. I like using them as wheel protectors or spaced armor. I still will not mount my weapons onto them for PVP, but I do for Raids.

Peace

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pehenry said:

Which is easier to explain/understand?

A gun mount with 380 HP passess 10% of the damage taken to the part behind it.

Or

A gun mount with 38 HP reduces damage by 90% and passes 10% of the the damage taken to the part behind it.

Even though I constructed both sentences in the exact same manner, you can see which sentence is obviously longer and more complex.

How do you know this?  It doesn't say this anywhere or what parts are damage resistant.

25 minutes ago, Dirty_Coyote said:

How do you know this?  It doesn't say this anywhere or what parts are damage resistant.

Right-click part -> parameters 

But you're right there are no detailed infos even on parameter page.

• Upvote 1

Only the Radiator Grille say "Damage passes through" all other Frame Parts (formerly called Grilles) say "Can be shot through"

The parameters then shows a symbol and states " Let's damage through"

Now at least it says "Damage" where previously many moons ago it said "Bullets pass through" and "Can be shot through"

But I can not shoot through my Frame Parts, never could.

So crystal clear, clear as mud.

Peace

Gun mounts as well as most other pass through parts don't have any resistance. They have damage passthrough property. They take a small portion of damage hitting them, and pass the rest through them. And I think it's only bullet damage.

The new cabin seems to work even with Porcupines:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

during 5 / 6 days, no relic at 6k ps... and again, we can see hover (3 icarus in sideway) with scorp at 6500ps so the new PS calculator seems not be very usefull... need to up the PS of relic on low ps build.. I saw yesterday a scorp on hover at 5k ps, a ps played by beginners... what we can do against a scorp when you see teammate with rare weapons.. do you think they will appreciate this kind of domination by endgame weapons at low ps?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:03 AM, PurdooSix said:

Gun mounts as well as most other pass through parts don't have any resistance. They have damage passthrough property. They take a small portion of damage hitting them, and pass the rest through them. And I think it's only bullet damage.

You're wrong. Which is exactly why this is confusing and needs to be simplified.

1. The laser gun and Spark don't pass through. Thus these parts have a 90% resistance.

2. Collision/Saw/Meat Grinder/Harvester damage do not pass through and do 100% damage.

3. If there is nothing behind it, or the part is 6 squares away or further, then there is no pass through.

• Like 1

^^That's old footage. We currently have Hover inertia dampening mk2 implemented in live server. The video shows mk1 which didn't exactly have the effect devs were looking for.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Correction to Coldfires video, 

well its a old video and maybe its mentioned before: 

Around min. 13:30 there is a massive fault in testing, besides targeting a true occurrance he shows wrong video footage.

Sure its better to put guns on grills and stuff than on massive structure parts, but as he shoots the hornet  on both parts the damage is equal 5 white dmg vs. 5 white damage.

Hitting the weapon on the grill part instead of the grill itself is the only possible explanation to this.

So guys never forget to double check your experience :)

--Fire--

On 9/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, OHBoyNope said:

Hopefully in the near future ( I doubt it) and not in a time long, long away we'd get an update that introduces new none pack inclusive structurer parts available to all players, maybe do an update that includes a few structurer parts for each fraction? As you clearly not gonna add a new fraction with new structurer parts anytime soon!

Pffffft they cant even award there players that get to level 30 in engineers anything as a waay to say congrats on this milestone ..special parts for each level after 40 would be great  but they rather not even give a congrats they just want our money and say screw what the players want

9 hours ago, Da_Costa_83 said:

Also This: Waiting on approval: added in this thread cause no one replies:

lol...there were so many spam topic and posts on bug report in the last 2/3 weeks. We, as users can make fun about it, but it is not for a small group of staffs.  Maybe they are to try to catch-up on the real bugs.  Just read back the many locked so call bug reports, they are not including some of the rules breaking blocked topics.

Edited by ChopChopChop

Irgendwie fühlt es sich so an, als ob die Server nicht korrekt synchronisiert sind. Normalerweise laufe ich zwischen 16 und 23 und auf russischen Servern zwischen 80 und nur auf amerikanischen Servern zwischen 300 und 400 ping.

Jetzt habe ich 400 und mehr RU-Server und es ist nicht nur verzögert, sondern Gummibänder wie die Hölle.

• Confused 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, Hogga__doesn_t_s said:

Still no fix for scorpion? When will that be fixed? Do a hotfix pls

The word of Gajin Taugte something not now ...

Go to the homepage as you can see how each damn time ne wrong figure show where the 30 € rider Packet 4000 Coins brings but it does not.

A well-known player has already written a ticket for it on the first package and they have not changed it in the 4 package.
If they do not patch out you can not rely on them.
Because you do not seem to care so much about their image
On 9/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, Hogga__doesn_t_s said:

Still no fix for scorpion? When will that be fixed? Do a hotfix pls

1111111.PNG