_f0r3v3r_

Suggestion: Give Self-Damage a different color in the HUD.

Sounds like a great idea. I’m sure some players don’t even know about self inflicted splash / ram damage etc. I’ve seen players point blank enemies with explosives loosing their own guns when there was no need to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I loved this idea, specially because its just plain bizarre that so many players don't even know they can do self harm... I mean, what would be the reason for them keeping firing point plank on enemies and end up degunning or even killing themselves if they knew that they could damage their own ride? Maybe this will put a stop to that (or not, because human stupidity is as infinite as the universe itself).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

maybe use different colors for all damage to your own side of the team, not only direct self damage

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forc3dinduction said:

maybe use different colors for all damage to your own side of the team, not only direct self damage

I can't think of any team damage, so there would be only own damage.

I like the idea.:good:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forc3dinduction said:

U mean like white numbers and yellow numbers? 

11 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Probably, but I fear that might clog the players view, specially if you are in a team full of miniguns and machineguns.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I added this to suggestions, but wanted to start a discussion here to get attention for it and to get feedback.

Right now, self-inflicted damage is displayed the same way as damage to the enemy.

My suggestion here is quite simple:

Change the numbers being displayed upon self-inflicted damage to be Red and Orange for regular and cabin damage, respectively.

This way players could more clearly see the damage they are causing themselves, especially in close engagements.

The colors don't really matter, as long as they are a contrast from the regular damage colors (white and yellow).

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

Yeah let's teach crossout to become better, like a child, omegalol, gj

11 hours ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I added this to suggestions, but wanted to start a discussion here to get attention for it and to get feedback.

Right now, self-inflicted damage is displayed the same way as damage to the enemy.

My suggestion here is quite simple:

Change the numbers being displayed upon self-inflicted damage to be Red and Orange for regular and cabin damage, respectively.

This way players could more clearly see the damage they are causing themselves, especially in close engagements.

The colors don't really matter, as long as they are a contrast from the regular damage colors (white and yellow).

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

That is total absurd, you just need to be aware that if you shove your tsunami in my car you will also benefit of that explosion. Better to add milage counter and get 0,5 scrap per 1 km.

9 hours ago, NASTYNEIL357 said:

Sounds like a great idea. I’m sure some players don’t even know about self inflicted splash / ram damage etc. I’ve seen players point blank enemies with explosives loosing their own guns when there was no need to. 

EnchantingLegitimateAfricangoldencat-siz

No my proudest moment, lol

The plan was perfect, mutually assured destruction 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, chemorail said:

That is total absurd, you just need to be aware that if you shove your tsunami in my car you will also benefit of that explosion.

Personally, I am aware of the various weapons and their damage radius.

My own motivation is analytical.

I made the suggestion because it seems like a matter of common-sense after much observation.

12 hours ago, chemorail said:

Better to add milage counter and get 0,5 scrap per 1 km.

Good to see you have an opinion, and thanks for sharing. May be you could start a suggestion topic for that yourself?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

My own motivation is analytical.

That and make bad team mates realise they make boo boo when gun go boom in face.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

EnchantingLegitimateAfricangoldencat-siz

Who said Goliaths are invincible? I know you lost your guns but at least your oponent is as useful as a doormat in a sand castle now :lol:

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, *Zhetesh said:

should have been more specific.

show all damage to your own side of the team caused by the player's action (popping an enemy explosive module too close to yourself or an ally, slash damage to self)

• Thanks 2

On 9/18/2019 at 5:16 AM, forc3dinduction said:

should have been more specific.

show all damage to your own side of the team caused by the player's action (popping an enemy explosive module too close to yourself or an ally, slash damage to self)

That could be useful :good: 

... to trolling my teammate until the end of the game for causing me such damage :11::01: ...

:DD jokes apart, that would be a good idea:good: some times $hit happen... :dntknw:

Edited by *Zhetesh
  • Haha 1

I like the idea a lot. However I want a clarification.

Would these red numbers show up if an enemy damages you or is it exlusively for scenrios where you damage yourself?

• Thanks 1

@Spedemix My original intent was only for scenarios where you damage yourself.

While it would be interesting to see incoming damage in general, I think it would be too much visual spam to be fully useful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

cool! Thx for clarification! :good:

• Thanks 1