Brooklyn_Express

Match Making Needs PS Brackets

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw 11k builds fighting 17k builds....9k builds fighting 13k builds.
What you expected to see 11k builds fighting up to 12500ps builds or the least 9500ps builds as an example....
Conditions in which error reproduce every other match.
Problem details when you have a 11,499ps build and your fighting 16k to 18k builds its just plain stupid. its not playable and thus i will cease to spend anymore money on this game till its fixed. there should be the most a 1500ps higher or lower ratio to the users build. if theres an issue with not enough players to fill at least 4 slots on each side then add more bots....but dont just throw us against 6,7,8k higher ps builds....this has been a major problem after new 10.80 patch please look into this.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

Please devs can you look into this and calibrate matchmaking or install bracket system so this does not destroy the plausibility of the game anymore.

• Upvote 3

I agree and  as Devolepers can alredy notice, alot of ppl are leaving  your game becose of this 

you guys are killing your own game, there is so much less ppl than b4 that we are spending  5 minuts in que,  quite a few times 

and the ps as mentioned by brooklyn is just ridiculous, me and my friends  at 8999 Ps are geting  battles vs dudes on a Ps of 12000+ 

all the way up too 14000+, 

we wont spend a single coin on this game anymore until this is fixed!!!

Edited by Orenkel
  • Upvote 2

10000000% Agree with you Brooklyn. Its really messed up when  you have a build under 9000ps and you get paired against a team of 14,000-16,000ps
The only reason I came back to this game after MONTHS of not playing was because of the imbalance in PS and now they've made it twice as  bad. Its worse than before and I do not plan on spending any more money as a result of this and if nothing changes in the next month I am just going to go back to playing other games.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Brooklyn the worst match make i have had is 6495 agianst 9555. That is unfair and i will not spend another dime on this game till it is fixed. 8999s versus 17000 is just stupid. It has got to be hurting player pop as well we had a group of 4 2 nights ago and we waited for over 25mins just give us bots or something after 10mins maybe. I like the change you made with the weapon ps  and i say that as someone who had two scorpions and now a typhoon, But you multiplied the original  problem with the match making. 

OK, I will try to be nice. You all have serious concerns and I am not belittling you.

But, trying to do something the same exact way and expecting a different result when no parameters have been changed is like the definition of insanity.

If A+B = C then A + B will always = C.

Change a parameter! What parameter you ask. Your PS of course. Another parameter that would allow a favorable change is player count at your PS. You have no control over player count. You do have control of your PS.

Come on down to 5000-6000, select RU in settings, enjoy short queue times with a variety of players.

Hope to see you there.

Peace

• Confused 1

we actually have settings on auto  so it has too put us on any server against ps like the ones we have and it dosent for a reason

and its becose of ppl ltke you with no offence, that devolepers dont listen too these issues and they just continue so shut it lol

Edited by Orenkel
  • Upvote 1

LordTuter i agree about 5000-6000 ps and quick matches and variety. I do not agree with RU or EU where we are getting 150 to 180 ping and often 1 to 2% loss it makes shooting the weapons miserable and inaccurate. also i spent the money to play bigger builds because i like them better and to leave the 5-6k area still play there sometimes though, but y cant we just get brackets or limits for example 8k to 9.5k 9.5k to 11k and so forth instead of 9k vs 17k thats a good way to make someone unistall in my opinion  

Edited by wildcat2500
  • Upvote 1

It was assumed before that if you were running around 11k, you were in the 'free reign' bracket. You could expect to see 15k's now and then. However, now the PS's all got bumped up. An 11k used to be a 9k... And 9k's don't belong in that free for all bracket. You adjusted the PSs, you also now have to adjust the matchmaking to... match.

• Upvote 3

I agree with almost all the comments posted here, except with LordTutor. The PS is far more off kilter than it was before. At this point it feels more like the only change is that people can't hide that they are seal clubbing with their builds. It's just obvious. Which doesn't make things any better. As for RU servers and the like as WildCat and others have said, some of us live in the US and it's not any more fun to go to a server where ping is so bad it's no different than running against unmatched PS scores. The changes to the weapons and how it changes the ps is good I think, but please adjust the range of what ps can go against which ps. It's not fun to go into a match that is very blatantly a loss before it's even started. 1500 - 2000 ps difference in either direction please.

• Upvote 1

I have witnessed 5500 vs 15,000 power score in the same match... We often play around 8900 ps or less only to face 14,000-16,000 builds on a regular basis (screenshots available)... This is untenable.. Longer queue times or more bots would be preferable to being repeatedly made as seals to be clubbed... I agree with the original post. Either remedy this situation or risk losing the core of your US player base and benefactors.

Hexus

Edited by BOV_HEXUS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Then broken matchmaking and absolute lack of balance in the game is not a bug.... brilliant response..

4 minutes ago, Skula1975 said:

Not a bugreport

• Upvote 2

I agree with Brooklyn: the matchmaking in this game is more broken than ever.  I understand that at a certain level of PS you can expect to find any other PS.  I do not believe, however, that it is fair and equitable to be fighting opponents with a 19k PS in my 9.9k rig.  That's an entire rig's difference in PS.  That is, in my opinion, fundamentally unfair -- not to mention, unpleasant to play.  This is a game, it's entertainment.  If I want to be burdened with an oppressive experience, I can just step into the real world--which I used play CrossOut to decompress from, but the broken matchmaking has taken this sanctuary away from me. You (Gaijin/Targem) and I both have a vested interest in fixing this problem -- you protect your revenue stream and I get my decompression chamber back.  I really hope for the sake of this game's future that you address and fix this broken system forthwith.  

Regards,

Felty

Edited by feltersnatch
  • Upvote 2

I totally agree.  This un-balanced system hurts the players.  Especially in the power score below 9k.  This latest patch I am not a fan of also.  The only relics I have are Typhoons.  Quit nerfing them.  Leave them alone.  If ya want to do something with typhoons, buff them. Just my thoughts...….

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Not a bugreport

Then if its not a bug...its a major problem boss. A problem that has put a "bug" on my debit card. I will not invest in this game anymore till the match making problem is fixed. 1000 to 1500 ps difference either way to the users build is fair and just when entering pvp. I dont see that being so hard. Calibrate mm and implement more bots if needed to fill open spots. I want to play 11k or 12k and caint anymore cause im fighting 16,17,18 and 19k.... Thats just plain broken and stupid. So i either gotta play 7k or 18k to play similar ps builds? After 7k every other goddamn battle im fighting players with 4 or 5 or 6k higher ps builds man! Thats just stupid bro. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

They kinda divided the playerbase by 2 by incuding the repair gamemode, so maybe they loosened the matchmaker PS restrictions to queue players faster from each mode

If this resulted from an oversight as an unintended consequence of the changes in PS (because no one adjusted the matchmaking parameters to account for the new changes) then by definition it is a bug. Any unintended behavior in the game is by definition a bug. If this behavior is INTENDED where we are matched unfairly, then... STOP IT. Simply put, this might not be a bug in your eyes, but we the players were giving you the benefit of the doubt here and saying this couldn't have been intentional. If it is... then... well, we're all very displeased.

• Upvote 1

This devoleper just said not a bug? lmao i guess ur pay check is goin too get cut short my friend  as we wont spend money on a  unbanlanced 

and broken game like this anymore till its fixed And too all devs we dont need you you need us and our money so better start listening brother

we are the ones puting bread on ur table peace

• Upvote 2

He did not say it was not a Bug, he said it is not a Bug Report.

1. I live in the US, queue times between 5000-6000 became too long on US and I kept getting bumped to EU, then bumped to RU. So, I choose the RU server. My ping is red on RU and yellow on EU, with only a difference of 15. No difference in game play from EU to RU though, the colors mean nothing. Ru actually plays better then EU. I select auto and waste about a minute while it places me on EU after trying the US for 60 seconds. So, I quit beating my head against the wall and just select RU. In my opinion the US server is dead. Plus auto aim weapons are unaffected by lag.

2. The Developers do not care about a word I say. They care about their much larger player base in (guess where) Russia or the Former Soviet Union countries.

3. Players in USA either quit or play higher PS then I play. All my US friends on my list play 10K+. No thanks.

4. If you are 10K and your opponent has 12K, then somebody on your team should be 12K to off set the enemy and an enemy should be near your 10K to off set you. The teams when added up and divided by 8 should be near equal. 4 man groups versus 4 man groups can result in this not working correctly, because MM will try to match group against group and then add Solo players to fill in. If MM cannot find two 4 man groups of equal PS, it will match weaker against stronger and throw the whole balance off for everyone.

5. Boost your PS then, then you will be the 14K facing 10K.

6. I do not know what to tell you, but the Developers have proven the US market is not their priority.

7. Make a proper bug report if you want Skula to aid you.

Peace

I honestly would think it is a very large bug report as it is causing an issue across the game and community. But that is my two cents on that. I've played on those servers..usually by being pulled into them just by random matches. It's not just that it's in the red..when you lag, freeze and then are dead it's not playable. When you sit there hitting the button to fire you weapons and the lag is so bad it won't register therefore you can't fire your weapon despite the icon saying you can, it's not playable. When you are moving and your screen moves like you have 2 frames per second..it. is. not. playable. Until something is done that makes this worth the time, not spending anymore money on this game. Regretting not waiting longer before I spent what I have.

• Upvote 1

At the worst (since the latest patch, never seen anything like this before) I have seen 8.9ks matched with 18ks. Some of our clan have screenshots of this. That's double the PS. It used to be that if you were 8.9k, you'd be matched against 13k's once in a blue moon. Do note that after the patch, most people's 8.9ks became around 10ks or more, so this discrepancy is EVEN LARGER when you have the CURRENT 8.9ks against those same people.

This is a consequence of the changes made. This did not happen before the patch. It is a result OF the patch. The values in match making were very obviously NOT updated to reflect the sweeping changes across the community. Whether you think it is a bug or not a bug, or whatever, you have to acknowledge that this has made it very unenjoyable. Not all builds CAN be played higher. Certain weapons don't have legendary equivalents, or their higher up counterparts can't be put onto the cabs that you need them on because of weight (best example being Incinerator to Mandrake). Or people just can't afford it. Someone can be running triple executioners long before they have the money to buy two Tsunamis.

PS exists for a reason. Crossout changed PSs to REDUCE the amount of unfair match ups. Except a lot of times now they match ups are worse. It's evened out a bit more over time... people have settled into their own artificial brackets, but the bad matches still happen rather often, and builds that used to be lower PS are now shunted up into the big boy ranks and face 18ks, despite being a full 8k smaller. And when you have that, the game loses its appeal. It's not just that you'll lose money, you'll lose player base, and then you'll even lose players who are leaving because they are bored and the game is too small of a community to be interesting.

BTW, they considered the 2nd of the two Harvester nerfs to be a "bug fix". I get the reasoning, but they use the term bug pretty loosely over here to be picky about its usage now.

• Upvote 1