*Jomar_SL

Bots are hurting the game

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Anatomycetes said:

I get alot of 6bots per team. It becomes bot fight then 2v2 .

Stupid

Yep. Or one of the teams may have good weapons for solo aproach and wipe the enemy players from start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Repair mode almost zero bots, it's my current favorite mode... :yes_yes_yes::good:

Most of the time, yes. It was fun the 15 first battles. Don't think it was equally fun for the players 13k ps under me. Tough love. Also it is a big nerf on one of my favourite weapons, the Mandrake. Just dive under a roof or out of reach and repair... I did my stickers and are now back to missions.

Edited by *Jomar_SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Most of the time, yes. It was fun the 15 first battles. Don't think it was equally fun for the players 13k ps under me. Tough love. Also it is a big nerf on one of my favourite weapons, the Mandrake. Just dive under a roof or out of reach and repair... I did my stickers and are now back to missions.

I enjoy the challenge of brake the 16K+ brick... that is tricky but can be done...

Strip weapons and kill the best, humans companions by instinct  understand this, that is why it can be done, BOTS on the other hand only can be used as a distraction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not play Ultra High PS, so I can not share any experience about Bots there. I do play 5000-6000 at all times of the day and during off peak hours, I can see 8 Bots total. 

Bots are better allies then many humans! They do not hide! They have no fear! They will respond to the map when I carry my 450 Meter Detector (which I always carry!). Sometimes, I have to ram a Bot to stop it's suicide attack or I am forced to follow the dang Bot to the fight instead of choosing my own path. Use the Bots, use them as meat shields, distractions, push them into the cap circle when they are crippled, Race back to base when outnumbered to recruit the base guarding bot into the fight, bring the fight to the Bots, ram them when they get stuck, reset their path finding with a good ram.

I have said, and unless a vast majority of players stop being cowards and hiding for the first 2 minutes, that Bots are better allies then many humans.

When I use my Detector, many times a Bot is MVP with myself in second or 3rd place. They outscore me many times because they do not miss.

I protect my Bots like they are my children, you want to hurt my Bot, then you have to deal with me!

I really love when I go attack with my Bots and I am the first to die. Then, at the end, I am second place to my Bot MVP. I was first dead, how can I come in second place? Because the 3 humans on my team hid in the back while the Bots won the fight! Stop hiding! Help the Bots! 

Peace

Edited by LordTutor
typo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

I do not play Ultra High PS, so I can not share any experience about Bots there. I do play 5000-6000 at all times of the day and during off peak hours, I can see 8 Bots total. 

Bots are better allies then many humans! They do not hide! They have no fear! They will respond to the map when I carry my 450 Meter Detector (which I always carry!). Sometimes, I have to ram a Bot to stop it's suicide attack or I am forced to follow the dang Bot to the fight instead of choosing my own path. Use the Bots, use them as meat shields, distractions, push them into the cap circle when they are crippled, Race back to base when outnumbered to recruit the base guarding bot into the fight, bring the fight to the Bots, ram them when they get stuck, reset their path finding with a good ram.

I have said, and unless a vast majority of players stop being cowards and hiding for the first 2 minutes, that Bots are better allies then many humans.

When I use my Detector, many times a Bot is MVP with myself in second or 3rd place. They outscore me many times because they do not miss.

I protect my Bots like they are my children, you want to hurt my Bot, then you have to deal with me!

I really love when I go attack with my Bots and I am the first to die. Then, at the end, I am second place to my Bot MVP. I was first dead, how can I come in second place? Because the 3 humans on my team hid in the back while the Bots won the fight! Stop hiding! Help the Bots! 

Peace

Shut up please

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Anatomycetes said:

Shut up please

Well at least you said please. Be civil or you stop posting. Saying shut up even with please is not civil.

Peace

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bots are ok so we dont have to wait > 5 minutes to get a match, but please code them to avoid friendly vehicles. 

It seems like they are worse than they have ever been at crashing right into teamates.  Sometimes by the time I get to the battle, half my team is dead because bots have been crashing me into walls and flipping me.  Sometimes I am sitting still with a perfect sniper shot lined, then wham stupid Mary bot on my team drives right through me, makes me miss, flips me over so enemies can shoot my explosives, and then parks herself against a wall until we lose the match 4 minutes later...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordTutor said:

I do not play Ultra High PS

On top we have 4 bots we see on regular basis:

Dual Aspect + dual Goblin on Icebox. Exposed Aspects in front, so If you are long range, just shoot them off. If you are short range, it will try to gain distance, turning its back to you. Take out the generator, then the cabin. Or simply slow it and wedge it. It tap-fires in a way that it's not utilizing perk. Also it will not fire Goblins if you are too close in front.

Dual Mammoth on Humpback. If this one survives the initial clash, it will run out of ammo. Does not have Kapkan, so just run circles around it if you are close without wedge and Spark. Uses Gas generator, which pop fast in flame puddles. Will often throw anchor and play the sitting duck tactic when it locks on a target, which makes it easy to dodge the bullets. Despite popular belief, aim is not perfect. It will fire both guns also when they are off sync, premature etc.

Dual Tsunami on Steppe spider. This is the only bot with detector, afaik. This is at least of some value to the team. Just like the Mammoth bot, this one is a fan of the sitting duck. Has Kapkan, but will only launch if you are behind and visible. Easily wedged due to legs. Pops fast due to lack of blubber.

Dual Mandrake on Torero (I think). Again, sitting duck tactic as soon it has visibility. Can not utilize Mandrake perk, which is target behind obstacles. Has only a tiny structure, so a mosquito sting will kill it. Does not drive around to avoid being shot, which is the whole idea of small and fast 'drakes.

Now add to it that they all seek the middle of the map in a predictable pattern. Players can cloak and peekaboo or even kill the bots in 1-2 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bot implementation is poor af. Games 20 years ago had better bots, and it's not like it'd be complicated to improve their behaviour A LOT!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Bot implementation is poor af. Games 20 years ago had better bots, and it's not like it'd be complicated to improve their behaviour A LOT!

True. Bots can't even handle most weapons and are too drunk to drive. Actually, they can't even handle Porcupines or spears. After some testing in custom battles, they seem to me as suited only for 100% exposed turreted weapons. But due to throwing anchor with cannons and drive away, stopping and turning too much with machineguns, I'd say they can only deal with shotguns in a semi-effective way.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Jomar_SL said:

I'd say they can only deal with shotguns in a semi-effective way.

Agree. How they handle weapons and their own build is one thing.

Another thing is how they handle the map. They only know "attack player" or "go to base". They could have points of interest on the map (ambush points, flank routes, cover) that are dynamically weighted depending on what's happening. The different bot names could have different characters, different abilities and favor different tactics... a lot of things that you know would be easy to implement once you played around in unreal engine.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Agree. How they handle weapons and their own build is one thing.

Another thing is how they handle the map. They only know "attack player" or "go to base". They could have points of interest on the map (ambush points, flank routes, cover) that are dynamically weighted depending on what's happening. The different bot names could have different characters, different abilities and favor different tactics... a lot of things that you know would be easy to implement once you played around in unreal engine.

Bots should actively try to go with the players, or at least behind cover as much as possible. But imo it is better to invest the time and rubles into other aspects of the game and just drop the bots in pvp. At least in higher ps. If bots need to stay, then let us design our own companion bot.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean the Bots are not programmed to carry the battle or to even try to win, but that is not new. I get rammed by humans more then bots. yes bots ram me or interfere with my attack sometimes. I now try to stay behind them and use them as shields and kill whoever they are fighting, most likely an enemy bot. If I kill enough bots and enough of my bots survive, we win.

But, bots clearly do not try to win. But, the enemy bots are the same, so it equals out. The humans that protect their bots will most likely win.

Peace

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have a PS4 or a PSN, sorry. When you see those Swords and a battle count, that means I play PC.

We have a much larger player base, but during off peak times, we can still have 8 bots total. I am sure with PS4's much smaller player count, you need those bots to shorten queue times. I do not understand why a smaller player base would want the bots removed when they already have long queue times. I would rather accept the bots then have long queue times. I do admit I thought this was a General Discussion and only realized this topic was in the PS4 Forum after your question.

If bots were removed from PS4, I would not be affected, so my bad. I like my bots on PC and I do not want them removed.

Peace

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

I do not have a PS4 or a PSN, sorry. When you see those Swords and a battle count, that means I play PC.

We have a much larger player base, but during off peak times, we can still have 8 bots total. I am sure with PS4's much smaller player count, you need those bots to shorten queue times. I do not understand why a smaller player base would want the bots removed when they already have long queue times. I would rather accept the bots then have long queue times. I do admit I thought this was a General Discussion and only realized this topic was in the PS4 Forum after your question.

If bots were removed from PS4, I would not be affected, so my bad. I like my bots on PC and I do not want them removed.

Peace

I was asking you PSN because I agree with most of your view points. I run similar tactics in regards to the bots on ps4 and at around the same power score as you. Was hoping to add you as a friend and play together...  But that's not going to happen, lol.

May the Crossout Gods forever smile apon you, @LordTutor.

aprJrJBr_700w_0.jpg.8128de0543eb0596a548

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Small_An_Simple said:

I was asking you PSN because I agree with most of your view points. I run similar tactics in regards to the bots on ps4 and at around the same power score as you. Was hoping to add you as a friend and play together...  But that's not going to happen, lol.

May the Crossout Gods forever smile apon you, @LordTutor.

aprJrJBr_700w_0.jpg.8128de0543eb0596a548

And may they also smile on you!  Best wishes!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordTutor said:

I am sure with PS4's much smaller player count, you need those bots to shorten queue times.

The problem is, servers start with 5 bots per team even if there are enough players. I can quit out before match starts and instantly find another game, within 1 second. 

It's pretty broken at the moment. We get way more bots than necessary.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

 

 

The problem is, servers start with 5 bots per team even if there are enough players. I can quit out before match starts and instantly find another game, within 1 second. 

It's pretty broken at the moment. We get way more bots than necessary.

That is the exact opposite for PC. When I leave a match early with 16 humans after being destroyed early, then I get a short queue with 8 bots and 8 humans and each subsequent battle is less and less bots.

I would make a proper bug report in the proper area with the proper logs if I knew how and had this problem.

Peace 

PSscreenshot-190919-213410.thumb.jpg.3c8e9

So, just Nikki doing her thing. Even the enemy bots place pretty high.

screenshot-190919-215433.thumb.jpg.cb401

Connor beat me for 3rd place but the others all got assists. You see we murdered their bots early along with a human. The other 3 humans were late to the fight but they lived longer. Selfish play, live longer, score more points, but lose. I like to win. I only need 40 points.

Edited by LordTutor
added images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, the more I think about your problem, and reading Jomar's thoughtful reply, I realize that my Bots can be very effective while yours are terrible.

Trucker cabin, GL-55 Grenade launcher, tanks a ton of damage and can cripple you in seconds, very deadly, shoot off that weapon fast; Dual Cricket Pilgrims, deadly to be in front of, stay behind them; Fat man bot also a bullet sponge, weak spot in rear generator;  Growl, Spears, Epic Flying Drone, Shotguns, one bad dude if you get too close; many other effective vehicles, the Auto Cannon bots are pretty stupid, circling around with slow turning weapons when they should sit still and snipe.

Also, many of these bots use the spare energy for Epic Drones or Turrets, AI using AI in PS scores where Turrets and Drones are strong. So, the bot AI gets help from the auto aim AI possibly making the bot more effective while it is still as dumb as a box of rocks.

But you guys have Bots with high power score weapons who are useless with them or they are poorly constructed.

You need to petition the Developers to recreate all Bots from what 10K+? or 8K+? and then put them on the test server or have player submitted bots voted on or tested on the test server. But, if the AI cannot use these player tested creations properly it won't help anything.

But, what if they improved the AI so greatly and gave them the desire to win at all costs so that they were always the top 4 players and they decided every battle and humans could barely score their 40 points? How many would quit then?

Anyway good luck solving your problem. Start a petition? Make a real bug report? Peace

PS How about increase the countdown timer, where bots have more time to be replaced by humans? Previously bots could be replaced up to 30 seconds into a battle and humans who disconnected could be replaced by a bot, leading to a glitch where a human destroyed very early, like being lanced, would get replaced by a bot and it was 9v8.

Edited by LordTutor
added PS
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.