*Jomar_SL

Bots are hurting the game

My favorite thing about bots is how relentless they will chase you if you don't stealth.

I like too charge in on a really fast build with boosters be the first one they see then kite them around the map the whole game while my players and bots take out the rest of their team.

Easy way to turn it into a 7vs4!

Me kiting the other 4 bots of course. Lol just be fast don't take too many hits and line of sight them.

• Upvote 2

i honestly cant stand bots in pvp, especially being killed by them. the main issue is they say that bots "randomly choose their target" but i say thats bullcrap. i one time had 6 bots target me all in pvp before, heck ive had literally every bot on the enemy team come after me quite a few times. even if i cloak then come out of my cloak they just instantly focus on me again, its so broken. in patrol vs ai ive had all 8 bots target me right at the start of the match. they ALL focused on me. its so annoying to be targeted by them especially if their running double mammoths or double tsunamis. so yes im in favour of removing all bots from the game (at least pvp wise). that or upping the friggen AI on these stupid things. bots are basicly drunk, they been hitting the 40 proof whisky way to much.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Merkyaleez said:

My favorite thing about bots is how relentless they will chase you if you don't stealth.

I like too charge in on a really fast build with boosters be the first one they see then kite them around the map the whole game while my players and bots take out the rest of their team.

Me kiting the other 4 bots of course. Lol just be fast don't take too many hits and line of sight them.

even if you cloak, when you come out of it theyll just focus on you again, ive tested it. the worse is when you get them mammoths or double tsunami spider builds chasing you. imagine 4 - 6 of them shooting you at a time.... yeesh...

13 minutes ago, Zarrurer said:

i honestly cant stand bots in pvp, especially being killed by them. the main issue is they say that bots "randomly choose their target" but i say thats bullcrap. i one time had 6 bots target me all in pvp before, heck ive had literally every bot on the enemy team come after me quite a few times. even if i cloak then come out of my cloak they just instantly focus on me again, its so broken. in patrol vs ai ive had all 8 bots target me right at the start of the match. they ALL focused on me. its so annoying to be targeted by them especially if their running double mammoths or double tsunamis. so yes im in favour of removing all bots from the game (at least pvp wise). that or upping the friggen AI on these stupid things. bots are basicly drunk, they been hitting the 40 proof whisky way to 

I've had this problem too sometimes. It's as if I spawn with full aggro.

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

I've had this problem too sometimes. It's as if I spawn with full aggro.

Yeah that's the worst part. That alone deserves its own bug report.

• Upvote 2

Ya new system doesn't have the player base to support it.  I've never been in a game with two players and five bots on my team.  It happened several times yesterday.  One time I faced a clan of four with me and one other stranger.  Fools went to cap while me and my bots killed all their bots then 7V4ED THEM LOL. 

So... It's a case of crying baby on a bus now.  Do we want the baby to cry?  Or does grandma get squeemish and see a Titty feeding a youngling?  We have to take one.  Honestly I didn't mind a Titty out.  Better wait times and more players in game. 

Old matchmaking was the Tits in comparison.  Now no clubbing which is good on the other hand... Wait.  I saw sparkvester... A clan of them, at 5k.  They clubbed everyone and it was just me and my piercers left. 

Edited by tenshiijin

2 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Ya new system doesn't have the player base to support it.  I've never been in a game with two players and five bots on my team.  It happened several times yesterday.  One time I faced a clan of four with me and one other stranger.  Fools went to cap while me and my bots killed all their bots then 7V4ED THEM LOL. 

So... It's a case of crying baby on a bus now.  Do we want the baby to cry?  Or does grandma get squeemish and see a Titty feeding a youngling?  We have to take one.  Honestly I didn't mind a Titty out.  Better wait times and more players in game. 

There is not a lack of players. You can queue up two full premade groups simultanous, yet still be in different lobbys fighting a lot of bots. MM just wants it that way, either by bug or deliberate algorithm.

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

There is not a lack of players. You can queue up two full premade groups simultanous, yet still be in different lobbys fighting a lot of bots. MM just wants it that way, either by bug or deliberate algorithm.

Hmm.  Well the bots are far more numerous now. And it blows.  Six bots on one team?  xxxx.  Why would they do this on purpose? 

6 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Hmm.  Well the bots are far more numerous now. And it blows.  Six bots on one team?  xxxx.  Why would they do this on purpose? 

Probably a bug. It started at the same time as an update a short while back. I have filed a bug report couple of weeks ago about it and it was passed on to the devs. They will probably fix it. If you ask me why, I really cannot answer. If I had to guess, I'd say they expanded the number of servers and instead of standing idle they suck in a lobby prematurely. It would also explain the increase of lag in some battles. More participants in CW and on market indicates that the number of players is growing on ps4.

• Thanks 2

On 9/20/2019 at 12:23 AM, Merkyaleez said:

Even if you stealth they can jump right back on you if agro isnt drawn from another source.   Like, if the whole pack goes for you and u stealth, but they are bunched up and the back ones don't take agro before Ur unstealthed. 

17 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

This is just the bot asserting itself as the dominant male. Nature is beautiful

My theory is they are learning that behaviour from the dominant drone boat species. 

• Upvote 1

I think it's a combination of the autoaim bots and the people running autoaim drones/ Goliath autoaim machine guns.

Hardly anyone or anything is really aiming anymore.

Every one just gets hit automatically. 

It's lame and other people are moving on.

Can drone users really say it's fun to play with? It's just easy brainless to get kills with and harder to lose your weapons is the attraction.

For instance.

LOL while I'm at work my GF lets my 3yo son play and he does pretty good with a drone build. 

He can barley even drive because his hands are too small but still gets kills with the push of one button. He loves it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Merkyaleez said:

I think it's a combination of the autoaim bots and the people running autoaim drones/ Goliath autoaim machine guns.

Hardly anyone or anything is really aiming anymore.

Every one just gets hit automatically. 

It's lame and other people are moving on.

Can drone users really say it's fun to play with? It's just easy brainless to get kills with and harder to lose your weapons is the attraction.

For instance.

LOL while I'm at work my GF lets my 3yo son play and he does pretty good with a drone build. 

He can barley even drive because his hands are too small but still gets kills with the push of one button. He loves it.

The game does seem to be favouring the no-skill play styles of drones, ai weapons and ramming people while holding 1 button... 

Wheel and turret drones should have their deployment side exposed just like kapkan and flying drones. No other weapon can be buried deeply behind structure and still function. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NASTYNEIL357 said:

Wheel and turret drones should have their deployment side exposed just like kapkan and flying drones. No other weapon can be buried deeply behind structure and still function. 

azazZZkD_700wa_0.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Remove all bots. Poorly implemented and results in a bad overall game play experience.

I'll stop playing when I get 6 bots on my team (facing 4 player teams with 4 bots).

I play less and less PvP every day now because of the state of matchmaking. Dailies and quit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, submaxcw said:

Is anyone else unable to start a new thread?

are you on mobile?

because for some reason i couldn't start topics or post comments from my phone, i don't know what caused it to happen, but it does fix eventually.. I'm not sure if it effects desktop or laptop devices but i just used to my laptop to start things instead..

37 minutes ago, submaxcw said:

Is anyone else unable to start a new thread?

I had that too the other week couldn’t even reply only able to do upvotes etc also on a phone.

More bots = less grenade drones so there is an upside to everything. 

I play PVP for hours everyday.

Last night, the Bots kept stealing my MVP badges. I would do very well, only to see Jacob or Claudia steal my MVP and I would come in second.

Why you ask? Why do Tutor's bots perform so well? Because I help them! I give them 450 meter radius of map information, because I kill the enemy bot trying to kill my ally bot. Then my bot survives and steals my MVP patch. Ram them if they get stuck or the AI wigs out. Countless times I see 2 Cricket bots having a stare down because they are eye to eye and cannot target each other being too close and they just sit there like they are hypnotized. So I ram either one and break the stare down while killing the enemy cricket bot. Suddenly my ally Cricket bot wakes up from it's trance and kills every human coming at me. I save it and it saves me in return, but again it stole my MVP patch. I could have taken many screenshots to post where my bot was MVP, but I did not think to do so because my first inclination is to hit next battle after a quick glimpse of the stat screen. But, I am not telling stories, this happens quite often when I play with 6-8 bots total.

Obviously, I play differently when there are 12+ humans then how I play when there are only 8-10 humans.

I do not give a rat's behind about MVP patches, I want winner's Resource reward and my Fuel. You cannot farm either if you lose.

Help your bots and they will help you.

Bots are fine on PC around 5000-6000, they have even been improved.

Best wishes

PS, this is what you can earn in less then 30 minutes when you help your bots. Kill the red bots, aid the blue bots = Victory and Fuel!

PPS I am farming Wires because I have maximized Scrap already.

screenshot-190925-214758.thumb.jpg.bf1c7screenshot-190925-214711.thumb.jpg.ad440screenshot-190925-212311.thumb.jpg.07df2screenshot-190925-210644.thumb.jpg.6894ascreenshot-190925-201234.thumb.jpg.6e08bAaa

Edited by LordTutor
added PS