CS_2492

Nerf Crickets For 10% Damage. Then Buff Whirlwinds For 10% Damage.

Only Targem could think it is a good idea to buff a multi launch explosive weapon for 20% damage.  No wonder why the Cricket is the most used epic in High level lobbies, maybe in low leveled lobbies too.  It's easy to get MVP with it, and it's disadvantages are so overcomable, they are inconsequential.

Hey Targem, how about not nerfing the Typhoon(a relic), and instead nerfing the Cricket for 10% damage instead, since the Cricket does more damage than all the relics at range, way more than the Typhoon.

While you are at it Targem, take that 10% damage you took off Cricket and give it to Whirlwind instead, that way they will evenly and fairly share that ridiculous damage buff you gave the Crickets.  The Crickets will still do more damage and have the advantage of being able to hide after every salvo and trigger pull.

Just because a weapon has a limited fire angle, doesn't mean it should be turned into a Death Star, For Skuks Sake!  Im getting tired of my Whirlwinds getting nearly stripped and sparking with just one hit from Crickets at any range.  It simply is not fair, and the Whilwinds don't even come close to being as devastating.

Hovers are not going anywhere, so Crickets need a nerf in accordance to hover advantages.  I would rather go up against Typhoon walkers, or hover Scorpions with my Whirlwinds, than fight stupid cricket spammers, so therefore Crickets need their long deserved 10% damage nerf!  

Havnt seen crickets successful in cw since the hover rework.  Yes im using cw,  you said high lvl lobby , same people.

Crickets get all 3 guns 1 shotted amd arent fast enough to do anything about it anymore.

Weird. I always thought if there's one weapon a Whirlwind would beat it'd be a Cricket.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Weird. I always thought if there's one weapon a Whirlwind would beat it'd be a Cricket.

As a cricket lover I can confirm

• Upvote 2

*scratches his head* Honestly, this sounds like a you problem more than a WW or Crickets problem. That part about getting stripped from afar is nice and all, but its mostly a problem of you staying at the wrong place, at the wrong moment. Put any kind of pressure on a crickets build and he'll go hide instantly. Typhoons and WWs especially strip them in seconds.

Crickets are very strong when nobody's pressuring you. That massive aspect spider who sits at the other side of the map, or that dog who decided to bite your spider friend instead of you, those are good targets you're going to obliterate. A coordinated typhoon hovers team? Enjoy being obliterated at any range by easy-mode fixed cannons. Same goes for dogs and scorps. You have no leftover energy for stuff like radar detectors, oculus, or a colossus either, so full crickets spam is impossible (not that it would be strong, they'd be free food for dogs and typhoons)

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

Nah. Crickets high damage is balanced by the combination of having to stay exposed a bit  to fire the full volley (as they don't launch all at once after all) and their low hp.  Usually if a cricket build exposes themselves to fire at my Whirl build, I can take a minimal of 1-2 of their crickets off while they usually take none of my weapons. If it's one of those ground cricket builds with the weapons on top, there's a reasonable chance that I'll completely disarm them.  There's a few exceptions that has their crickets well hidden, but those are not the norm in my experience.