*Zhetesh

Idea, New module, the lances deliverer

Well fist of all I'll clarify, I'm not a Lances user, I kind of despite lances vehicles, yet developers can't/wouldn't nerf lances more... So here is an idea to "make everyone happy" (lancer users and lance haters) coz seems to me that this will lead to  NO INSTANT KILLS but it will remain being effective as a weapon, along with give the victims a chance to fight back effectively...

Let's begin:

Here is Lancelot, he use ONE lance at the time...

tenor.gif?itemid=13346546

He hit his target and get another spear for hitting next time...

Yet here in CrossOut we have the multi lancers madman ramming to mutual annihilation...

tenor.gif?itemid=10597614

Well how about a module than could contain several lances BUT that could "project" just one at the time... once that lance is destroyed/used after few seconds the owner could display the next lance

d7d338285ee7b04541a76a30d8d8b861.gif

Until the module gets destroyed, or the lances run out...

Details

Only 2 modules of this type can be mounted in a vehicle

The module is empty by default, you have to fill it with your own Lancelots/ Boom sticks THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO INCREASE  "charges"

When destroyed the module explode dealing damage wich is increased by each Lancelot/Boom inside of it.

This Module consume 2 points of energy.

The module will be as large as the incinerator (maybe a bit more)...

Reasons to support

NO INSTANT KILLS but it will remain being effective as a weapon, along with give the victims a chance to fight back effectively..

Module energy consumption will decrease the total number of laces in each vehicle

The Lancer vehicle could combine this module with Cerberus or tusk to max efficiency... and actually be useful beyond the "First hit"

Of course this idea can be improved so leave your comments below

:014:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Details

The module is empty by default, you have to fill it with your own Lancelots/ Boom sticks THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO INCREASE  "charges"

When destroyed the module explode dealing damage wich is increased by each Lancelot/Boom inside of it.

So you can use 2 lances at a time but only two of them can take any damage at all.

That's not a buff why?

11 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Reasons to support

NO INSTANT KILLS but it will remain being effective as a weapon, along with give the victims a chance to fight back effectively..

Module energy consumption will decrease the total number of laces in each vehicle

The Lancer vehicle could combine this module with Cerberus or tusk to max efficiency... and actually be useful beyond the "First hit"

It also makes lancers more than a 1-4 time problem and lancers can do enough with just two lances that it'd be more than worth it to use the module.

21 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

Use rifts..?

Open to suggestions

13 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It also makes lancers more than a 1-4 time problem and lancers can do enough with just two lances that it'd be more than worth it to use the module.

As I said the idea is not nerf lancers users ... is just give then the alternative to use this module.... with the risks that came with it...

15 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

So you can use 2 lances at a time but only two of them can take any damage at all.

That's not a buff why?

Same answer apply, additionally if someone shoot the lances ---> than lance will be destroyed but if the MODULE is alive and you have lances left you can pop up those lances...

• Upvote 1

Honestly, this seems  a bit convoluted and mechanic wise, too similar to a pilebunker just with explosive tip lances instead of a spike.  

1 hour ago, *Zhetesh said:

As I said the idea is not nerf lancers users ... is just give then the alternative to use this module.... with the risks that came with it...

What risks? There are no new ones with this module.

Same answer apply, additionally if someone shoot the lances ---> than lance will be destroyed but if the MODULE is alive and you have lances left you can pop up those lances...

And that just makes lancers more effective.

3 hours ago, *Zhetesh said:

Well fist of all I'll clarify, I'm not a Lances user, I kind of despite lances vehicles, yet developers can't/wouldn't nerf lances more... So here is an idea to "make everyone happy" (lancer users and lance haters) coz seems to me that this will lead to  NO INSTANT KILLS but it will remain being effective as a weapon, along with give the victims a chance to fight back effectively...

Let's begin:

Yet here in CrossOut we have the multi lancers madman ramming to mutual annihilation...

Well how about a module than could contain several lances BUT that could "project" just one at the time... once that lance is destroyed/used after few seconds the owner could display the next lance

Details

Reasons to support

How bout nerfing lances more, or removing them from the game.  Good riddance stupid grief Metas!

Edited by CS_2492
Nerfing

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

What risks? There are no new ones with this module

Yes the are

And as is obvious the front of the module will have to be exposed (as Kapkan) to allow lance projection, so it's a high risk of explosion...

8 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Yes the are

Like what a reduced chance of losing your lances? A less need to build somewhat cleverly?

9 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

And as is obvious the front of the module will have to be exposed (as Kapkan) to allow lance projection, so it's a high risk of explosion...

That could easily be incorporated into a lancer's build unless you require a very large hole.

3 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Like what a reduced chance of losing your lances? A less need to build somewhat cleverly?

That could easily be incorporated into a lancer's build unless you require a very large hole.

A big explosive module, full of more explosives in the front of the car fully expose .... how is not that a big risk?  

absolutely NOT, but your idea about a new melee weapon is great. It should be a weapon similar to lance, but it should take like 4 energy maybe and have power of 2 lances at a time, which can be reloaded 10 - xxx times depending on how many ammo boxes you have. it's quite cool idea for a new melee weapon.

I don't like lances either, they're the worst cheap-shot 0 skill weapon in the game, if you have no skill .. put on lances and go ram into someone, even a 5yo can get a kill eventually.

my idea about fighting lances, would not be to nerf them, but to add COUNTER weapons. kapkan already works great against melee, but cloaked enemies can still slip through, so we need something more effective, i'd recommend EMP. I've said it many times already, EMP should be 2 energy epic module, once fired, it should DISABLE all enemies within 25 METER RADIUS for 5 SECONDS.

25 meters is same as the howl cabin range, which is very, very close. meaning that it can only be used against super short range builds. it should take 10-20 seconds to charge again. this would give you a chance to defend yourself against lances and other rush-in type melees who can 1 shot you.

if you think it's OP, NO it is not, it would just force melee players to use their brain more, meaning that they can't just all rush in at once, they can send out a bait and if EMP is deployed, then rest can go in, this gives equal chance to both sides. it would come down to tactics on who wins.

if EMP is too effective against melees, it could be "nerfed" so that if 2 players have EMP and one of them deploys EMP within other's range, then other player's EMP will lose charge too, so you can't deploy 2 EMPs within 25 meter radius without interrupting other allies. This should only work in Clan Wars tho, because in PvP people would abuse this and use it for trolling purposes (I mean the effect on allies).

A big explosive module, full of more explosives in the front of the car fully expose .... how is not that a big risk?  

Who says it has to be fully exposed? Make a wide enough gap for them to aim out of and be usable and you can put them where they won't be killed easily.

40 minutes ago, Sethioz said:

my idea about fighting lances, would not be to nerf them, but to add COUNTER weapons. kapkan already works great against melee, but cloaked enemies can still slip through, so we need something more effective, i'd recommend EMP. I've said it many times already, EMP should be 2 energy epic module, once fired, it should DISABLE all enemies within 25 METER RADIUS for 5 SECONDS.

After everything with the typhoon you want to add a weapon/module that disables everything an enemy in a radius of the blast?

10 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Who says it has to be fully exposed? Make a wide enough gap for them to aim out of and be usable and you can put them where they won't be killed easily.

That mean also a bigger vehicle which is a bigger target, and probably a heavy and slower too... :yes_yes_yes: probably cloud resist one canon hit, but not the second one...

The hole idea is become lances a glass canon... 

1 minute ago, Clebardman said:

My suggestion is to post in the right subsection next time instead of trying to bypass premoderation.

I post this idea here first, gather some feedback to polish the idea and then put the polish version in suggestion section...

Coz any idea can be improved, it would be arrogant think otherwise...

So if you have nothing post-related to say u can just find another post to try to derail...

Have the day you deserve Sr. :014:

I have something post-related to say and it's that you're intentionally posting in the wrong subsection, and that it doesn't belong in general discussions. You're free to treat that subsection like your personal blog as long as moderation doesn't step in, and I'm free to get pissed off by that endless spam if I want as long as moderation doesn't step in. Spare me your bad faith and attempts at being a smartass please. I'm sure all the people who post their own ideas about the game in the right subsection would appreciate if you stopped trying to be a special snowflake.

Edited by Clebardman

59 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

That mean also a bigger vehicle which is a bigger target, and probably a heavy and slower too... :yes_yes_yes: probably cloud resist one canon hit, but not the second one...

The hole idea is become lances a glass canon... 

Except it wouldn't do that, incorporating the lance module into a slightly larger all around lancer build won't be too difficult and it'd make lancers that much more effective unless they're a complete idiot and can't even drive properly (Which is no different from using a regular lancer.).

13 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Except it wouldn't do that, incorporating the lance module into a slightly larger all around lancer build won't be too difficult and it'd make lancers that much more effective unless they're a complete idiot and can't even drive properly (Which is no different from using a regular lancer.).

Have u ever try a lancer vehicle? 

Lancers need all the speed and acceleration than they can get, if they choose tank style they wouldn't be able to activate Lancelot perk or scape after a kill...

Again This new module DON'T PRETEND BE A NERF ergo have some advantage vs current lancers vehicles, BUT ALSO have a high risk involved, like the high possibility of being one shoot kill by a dual canon user among others...

Also will give some life to Cerberus cabin...

12 hours ago, Sethioz said:

your idea about a new melee weapon is great. It should be a weapon similar to lance, but it should take like 4 energy maybe and have power of 2 lances at a time, which can be reloaded 10 - xxx times depending on how many ammo boxes you have. it's quite cool idea for a new melee weapon.

Kind of interesting, a HOLE new weapon instead of a module, but the damage shouldn't be so high other wise it would be to much OP...

It could be the perfect companion for tusk and Cerberus :good:

Lancers need all the speed and acceleration than they can get, if they choose tank style they wouldn't be able to activate Lancelot perk or scape after a kill...

Because having a max speed of 119 is so much worse than having a max speed of 120.

Again This new module DON'T PRETEND BE A NERF ergo have some advantage vs current lancers vehicles, BUT ALSO have a high risk involved, like the high possibility of being one shoot kill by a dual canon user among others...

And that's no change because a regular lancer that gets killed before it can lance someone is dead as well.

If you can use two modules so you don't have to have all of your lances in front of you that's even less you have to worry about.

Also will give some life to Cerberus cabin...

So what? Making lancers even more powerful is not a good idea.

38 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Because having a max speed of 119 is so much worse than having a max speed of 120.

I'll like see a "tank" running 119... :lol:

And that's no change because a regular lancer that gets killed before it can lance someone is dead as well.

true in most cases, but not one shoot kill...

If you can use two modules so you don't have to have all of your lances in front of you that's even less you have to worry about.

where else you will put lances?  In the back? 

Coz this module size + lance size would be too long big to use those otherwise... :dntknw:

So what? Making lancers even more powerful is not a good idea.

only a tiny bit more powerful vehicle but with explosion risks added...

On 9/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, *Zhetesh said:

Let's begin:

Details

Reasons to support

It sounds to me like your talking about what the phoenix should of always been like....

And not just launching a stick with dynamite attached to it...

It's an interesting idea might just work without altering the game balance too much..

A lot more consideration would have to be given though with damage amount, ammo quantity, energy drain, etc etc

Edited by HammeredByNature

On 9/28/2019 at 4:40 AM, HammeredByNature said:

It sounds to me like your talking about what the phoenix should of always been like....

And not just launching a stick with dynamite attached to it...

On 9/28/2019 at 4:40 AM, HammeredByNature said:

It's an interesting idea might just work without altering the game balance too much..

A lot more consideration would have to be given though with damage amount, ammo quantity, energy drain, etc etc

Well I'm not suggesting any change in damage, but (for the victims) being hit only by 2 lances will be better than being hit by 8... And it will give then the chance to fight back...

Ammo quantity will be link to the the number of Lancelot or boom stick you load inside each module AND "energy reminding" in your vehicle.... I was thinking, due to we can have as much as 16 energy points and each module will cost 2 energy points (empty) each module could carry 6 lances tops, but again ----> if that module is hit full loaded it will harm the carrier the explosion damage of every single lance inside of it...