Sign in to follow this  
CamoWraith

Relic idea: Laser beam

My idea for a relic weapon that is high risk, high reward. Here are the details:

The weapon would look like a large concave dish

Use 7 Energy

Beam velocity would be as fast as Scorpion projectile

Reload of a mammoth

Rotation speed of scorpion

Hold down Right/Left click to charge

Holds only 12 shots (cannot be changed)

The more charge time, the bigger the beam

The more the beam is charged, the more damage is done. A fully charged beam can penetrate multiple lasers of armor and do massive damage. The weapon will fire either when right/left click is released. The you gotta have good aim and timing to use the weapon at its full potential. 

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you like about the idea, what you don't like, and what you would rather see.

Edited by CamoWraith
Presentation
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Hummm, need more info... 

Sounds cool, good looking and powerful, but besides it's slowness, where is the risk using it?  Durability?  Coz 7 energy  means only one in the vehicle, giving a lot of rooms for modules to stay alive...

2 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

My idea for a relic weapon that is high risk, high reward. Here are the details:

The weapon would look like a large concave dish

Use 7 Energy

Reload of a mammoth

Rotation speed of scorpion

Hold down Right/Left click to charge

Holds only 12 shots (cannot be changed)

The more charge time, the bigger the beam

The more the beam is charged, the more damage is done. A fully charged beam can penetrate multiple lasers of armor and do massive damage. The weapon will fire either when right/left click is released. The you gotta have good aim and timing to use the weapon at its full potential. 

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you like about the idea, what you don't like, and what you would rather see.

Charge it for half a round, peek, destroy an enemy, go back

Are you sure you want this? xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

If it is laser, then it has velocity of the light, which is much more than velocity of scorpion projetile (about 300 000x faster).

• Upvote 1

Instead why not a legendary version of the aurora..

Infinite range 

Charge up but single shot

Scorpion projectile speed

Instantly heats the part hit by the beam but also heats weapons within a 3 block radius by 75%, 6 blocks by 50%, and 9 blocks by 25%.

Heated parts cool faster as a drawback

4 energy

Fixed cannon style design

Used in conjunction with cannons or other weapons as such..

Thoughts? (Just made all that up on the spot)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

Instead why not a legendary version of the aurora..

Infinite range 

Charge up but single shot

Instantly heats the part hit by the beam but also heats weapons within a 3 block radius by 75%, 6 blocks by 50%, and 9 blocks by 25%.

4 energy

Fixed cannon style design

Used in conjunction with cannons or other weapons as such..

Thoughts? (Just made all that up on the spot)

That is an interesting idea

2 hours ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

If it is laser, then it has velocity of the light, which is much more than velocity of scorpion projetile (about 300 000x faster).

I thought it would be too powerful if the beam was instantaneous.

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I would like to stay within reasonable physical borders. There are two flaws, speed of the light and different cooldown. If a part is heated, it does not matter what heated it, the cooldown should by the same.

You can imagine, that it is not light, but melted metal, for example (as in one of A.C. Clarke book on Moon). Ok, but effective cooldown of the part will be slower due to additonal heated mass.

Edited by gumaak__CG_

3 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

I would like to stay within reasonable physical borders. There are two flaws, speed of the light and different cooldown. If a part is heated, it does not matter what heated it, the cooldown should by the same.

You can imagine, that it is not light, but melted metal, for example. Ok, but coolown will be slower due to additonal heated mass.

Make it instant then.. im just trying to not make it too powerful, but create a second legendary support weapon that isnt close quarters like spark

Sure why not, but a cannon-like weapon with fast projectile speed would be more of the same gameplay-wise. I have a feeling im not the only one getting increasingly bored with said gameplay style.

Id be stoked about new weapons with different and interesting firing mechanics. But i cant really think of something. Guided missiles like the tow have an interesting mechanic but its too dulled down being restricted to 2d movement, maybe for the better balance wise.

its just that more, too easy to use, long range, high projectile speed end game weapons arent what the game needs. The best weapons should be the hardest to use.

3 minutes ago, dexterrrrrrr said:

The best weapons should be the hardest to use.

Then you have porcs.. lol

Great minds think alike

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Might need some adjustments, but I like the idea of it. If the charge mechanic is done properly, that would insure it's more difficult to use than other choices and the  penetration perk could help against radar spam in higher ps.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Might need some adjustments, but I like the idea of it. If the charge mechanic is done properly, that would insure it's more difficult to use than other choices and the  penetration perk could help against radar spam in higher ps.

What kind of adjustments?

1 minute ago, Babylonsburning said:

Or.  A 1 time use

Unblockable.

Kamahamaha.

High risk. 

High reward

What if you happen to miss? Or you didn't hit your intended target?

1 minute ago, CamoWraith said:

What if you happen to miss? Or you didn't hit your intended target?

Then, you sir, fd up and are now tired without ammo. Requiring a sensue bean.

Ps i like the idea of a next tier laser 

Edited by Babylonsburning
Maybe the hadouken is better

1 minute ago, Babylonsburning said:

Then, you sir, fd up and are now tired without ammo. Requiring a sensue bean

But this is crossout, not DBZ.

23 hours ago, dexterrrrrrr said:

Id be stoked about new weapons with different and interesting firing mechanics. But i cant really think of something

I would be too. It would be great if we had new weapons that are unique and fun to use.

Sign in to follow this