Sign in to follow this  
CamoWraith

Relic idea: Laser beam

@dexterrrrrrr @CamoWraith

Cmon it's a video game, the possibilities are endless. Ok, XO tries to be somewhat serious so no bouncing lasers and stuff. Even like that, there are still many kind of guns and gameplays that are underrepresented or absent.

-No good damage mines when the game already has models for an explosive and a fire one, and when we already have cancer Kapkan. Why? :'D
-Very little artillery/indirect fire. No rare indirect fire weapons (besides LB wich can somewhat do the job at long range). Also, steppenwolves have no actual weapon line, so maybe a rare and epic mortars to go with the Mandrake?
-No conventional burst or cluster weapon. We're getting a three-round burst MG soon apparently, but considering the amount of MGs we already have and their current state, I'm not too excited. I hoped the relic turret cannon would be a battleship's naval gun with three guns and the ability to store three shots like a giant Corvo :'D. I wouldn't be against a lengendary cluster TOW either (and a rework of the epic one to make them relevant higher in the game.)

And the list explodes when you give up on "realism" (we have hovers and plasma cannons already so why not go crazy?). Just look at Unreal Tournament. I always thought the engine was clunky and the games less fun to play than id's shooters, but damn, that selection of weapons! The Shock rifle is easily the most clever and interesting FPS weapon ever, but even without secondary modes, there's the bouncing shards of the Flak gun, the area denial capacity of the bio rifle, an airstrike pointer thing, a manually steered missile like the TOW, a beam gun... That game has like 10 weapons and more varied gameplay than the whole XO's arsenal.

Edited by Clebardman

6 hours ago, Clebardman said:

No conventional burst or cluster weapon. We're getting a three-round burst MG soon apparently, but considering the amount of MGs we already have and their current state, I'm not too excited. I hoped the relic turret cannon would be a battleship's naval gun with three guns and the ability to store three shots like a giant Corvo :'D. I wouldn't be against a lengendary cluster TOW either (and a rework of the epic one to make them relevant higher in the game.)

It would be cool if we had a relic artillery like a DPICM, or something like "The Bouncer" from Ratchet and Clank. The first shell would breaks up into smaller explosives and do massive damage. I feel like Naval Battleship main batteries would be far too heavy for a vehicle to carry.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to see more ultra futuristic energy weapons. I want to feel like I'm playing a game where humans are trying to piece the world back together after experiencing total armageddon. I'm fine with the aliens, it adds something interesting to the lore and game. But ultimately The parts we have in game aren't even that well balanced atm yet you are asking for a relic weapon with a burst damage nearing that of a few lances that has unlimited range that is also hitscan, which means it can shoot through gaps in armor and deal tremendous damage. You realize how outrageous this is? Could you imagine chasing a glass cannon vehicle with an aegis that can go at max speed with one of these guns? He'd blast around the map, pop out of cover with his aegis and vaporize what he aims at while outrunning everything. No.

Sign in to follow this