TOORIKU

Disconexion bans me forever ! so unfair

Since last update got a lot of disconexion, its particulary annoying when it comes to cw... tonight got now 21mn ban for next games... 

At the same time, i keep seeing some team quiting on purpose for deranking... this ban system is wrong and please could u simply introduce some tolerance about server connection

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw got disconnected from game during cw, i was ban 4min first on disconnexion on 2nd round, 8mn after for disconnect on 1st round and now 21 mn for didconnection on 1st round... so unfair
What you expected to see some tolerance during game before getting disconnected from server... no exponential ban related to your server quality, crossout is the only game i m actually experiencing these kinds of issue... playing daily rocket league, vermitide 2 and others without problems... p^lease do something
Conditions in which error reproduce ramdom
Problem details ban due disconnexion
Frequency of reproduction sometimes
Time of bug  

screenshot-190929-023519.jpg

game.log

• Upvote 1

what is next ? Seriously ?

screenshot-190929-042531.jpg

Edited by TOORIKU
error

I agree, this is total nonsense. before this update (one that added remedy), it was me who constantly got disconnected. Now after that update it seems like my issues are fixed, but now Tooriku constantly gets disconnected, not only during clan wars, but also during PvP. he is on voice comms with us and he does not lag nor drop, he only gets disconnected in the game .. and as result he got a 3 hour ban ...

let's start by asking, why did devs add this ban system? answer is: because lot of clans are deranking on purpose or they just don't want to play against certain builds / players and leave.

question #2 - did this ban system fix the original issue? answer - NO! If players don't want to play a certain match, they rush in, take 1 shot from enemy and self destruct = no ban! if they want to derank, they take some fast troll builds and do same, they rush in with boosters, take a hit or two and self destruct and self destruct again at start of 2nd round = NO BAN

question #3 - who gets punished thanks to this useless system? answer - decent players who just want to have fun and haven't done anything wrong.

Here's video proof of what happened to Tooriku

Edited by Sethioz
typos
  • Upvote 1

And it happens on round 2 and counts for ban...? Total nosense !

• Upvote 1

The game basically flags anyone disconnecting from a CW match as "unsportsmanship", doesn't matter how you disconnect. You can rage quit or your internet can poop on itself, you will be blocked.

Would be nice if the game recognized the difference between disconnecting via the game client (gentle quit) and having the actual network access cut off (kill). Should be doable since the game doesn't immediately throw you into garage if you have a minor hiccup in your connection. So there clearly is a command inside the game: "after this and this amount of time without connection, kick the player back to login menu". In such case, do not impose penalty.

Theoretically you could abuse this by plugging your lan cable off (or turning off your wifi) in CW whenever you find you want to leave battle. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Edited by Spedemix
typos
  • Upvote 2

I`m from japan,
all clan war are open on Eu or Ru server, it`s meaning we have to connect to either server and both server have high ping ,high ping and packet loss occur always for years 
all my team member is from Japan 
We already have a complaint about playing CW in a ping 300ms environment but
the developer doesn't do anything,so  we keep connect to high ping server 
In this case, one of my team members including me will disconnect because of packet loss or high ping
and
When that battle ends, like TOORIKU
Can't go to clan battles
Despite not choosing to return to the garage
thanks trash devs

• Upvote 4

On 9/29/2019 at 8:30 AM, Spedemix said:

The game basically flags anyone disconnecting from a CW match as "unsportsmanship", doesn't matter how you disconnect. You can rage quit or your internet can poop on itself, you will be blocked.

Would be nice if the game regocnized the difference between disconnecting via the game client (gentle quit) and having the actual network access cut off (kill). Should be doable since the game doesn't immediately throw you into garage if you have a minor hiccup in your connection. So there clearly is a command inside the game: "after this and this amount of time without connection, kick the player back to login menu". In such case, do not impose penalty.

Theoretically you could abuse this by plugging your lan cable off (or turning off your wifi) in CW whenever you find you want to leave battle. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

I have said the same, that people could abuse this by pulling the cable or disconnecting WiFi, but this is why i also say BAD CODING. If someone's internet drops for 1-10 seconds, then game should CONTINUE the session. I have had internet drops in other games, as result I will have small to huge lag spike, depending on how long the internet goes out for, but I'm able to continue playing, in Crossout you get disconnected even if your internet has 1 second drop that doesn't effect any other game or program. that's just bad coding and can be fixed.

in Crossout your build should NOT get destroyed even if you pull the cable on purpose, you should be able to re-connect within 1 minute. if your build is not destroyed, you resume playing. if you get destroyed, you can at least play round 2 or round 3, depending on how the match goes. 

Also devs / mods / admins keep saying it is because of bad internet, can anybody please explain WHAT THE FREAKING NOODLES SAKE IS THIS??? can't possibly be crossout bug right? it must be my bad internet oO

@Crossout Staff / Devs - I don't expect the game to be bug free and perfect, that's impossible as bugs happen even in the best games in the world, but I do expect developers to recognize bugs, try and fix them as fast as possible and not blame it on players by saying "bad internet". Thanks.

Edited by Sethioz
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

It was ban from bot. You left clanwar.

By bot, you mean automatic system? we already know that there's automatic system, but as shown on my video reply, Tooriku did not leave the match. he got disconnected due some server error. I left some extra footage on video, showing that we had no intentions on leaving the match and even with 3 players we still won. I think if only 1 player "leaves" match, there should be no ban involved. If 1 player in our clan would leave a match on purpose, we'd deal with him ourselves, i see no point in having a system that bans just 1 player for leaving. it should only be in effect when 2 or more players leave the match (win trading or rank dropping or griefing). 

Please also check out the second video I posted about what happened to me. There are some very weird bugs with connection.

7 hours ago, Sethioz said:

he got disconnected due some server error.

I saw network problem in the logs. But we can't recognise different beetween 'true random' and abused disconnects. Therefore we give ban anyway if there are few disconnects from clanwars for few time.

1 hour ago, Skula1975 said:

I saw network problem in the logs. But we can't recognise different beetween 'true random' and abused disconnects. Therefore we give ban anyway if there are few disconnects from clanwars for few time.

Okay, but then you shouldn't be escalating the ban duration if you know you cannot tell the difference. I don't even have this problem and I think it is a bad method.

Each offense should be a static amount of time, not a rolling accumulation.

This is one difficult situation.

We have to look at how the game company to act to be as fair to every players as possible. 

What we also have to look at is that who and why the disconnection happened. What we do not want also is that players can use the disconnection as their excuses to quit and battles.

One of the best solution to iron out this is to let players able to rejoin battles, raids after disconnection.   

I do have a connection issue myself as I am using a share network. At time it can be busy and very laggy to the point of I be disconnected.  When this happens, I have to find other way to reconnect(4G mobile if I do have the data available). If not, it wont be any good even I can keep on reconnect back to a battle anyway( I am talking games battle set at 15 mins per battle).  The 5 mins timer battle? To able reconnect within 30 seconds once, would been a win to a lost game.

There was a issue that a player from a group can be kicked from no reason from start of battle. Maybe it is their network lag out when battle start. This fits in TOORIKU's case.

What we have find out if it was a game bug or it is the network issue. what is more important, can the game improve on this issue.

We all like to blame the game or the game servers cause issues.  If we do think about it, if the game servers have issues, all players would have the same lag/disconnections.  The game company cannot be responsible to each individual players' software updates, or compatibility, or even issues when downloading an update.

The game company using a bot to check disconnection on players quitting CW battle and auto ban them is not wrong.  Again, with out people to point out they do punish wrong players at times. None of us would know.  The question, should now be "How can we improved the auto check bot?", so it won't happen too often. 

PS. While we are on the auto-ban. Could we also have a way to uplift the ban by appealing from the game launcher?  Personally if I have connection issue, I cannot enjoy the game and it is not fair to teammates that they keep having to play with a non-fully capable player.

Edited by ChopChopChop

3 minutes ago, XiOiUS said:

you are nunsense

above thing are meaning like this
"Players living in Asia don't play crossout, clan war, pvp"

You don't know players who are forced to connect to too high-ping RUs or EUs despite living in Asia by the network system of the trash crossout developer

You are just an angry troll that broken many forum rules.  No one is force you to play a game. 

Games meant to be for fun. What is the fun if a game is restricted by hardware? OR... In your case network?  You are just wasting spaces here, not that you have anything of value to add to discussions.  You are not the only player play "crossout" on high ping.  There are ways to point out an issue and wait for it to be resolved, without being sultry.  Bare in mind that there are issues that can be beyond anyone's capability to resolve it in a short term. 

I for one would look for a near game network if I enjoy the game so much.  It is not that hard, if you do use your time to look for a solution of your own issue. 

On 10/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, Skula1975 said:

I'm sorry but you're missing my point and it seems like you guys don't know how to deal with simple abusement of system. I've been doing computer security for 20+ years (I've been admin / mod on many websites and games and also done corporate security for big companies that run multiple websites and stores) and i can tell your methods just seem very low effort. no effort is better than low effort. your system only bans legit players, those who abused the system are still doing the same as they did before you implanted this system .. so really no effort would have been better.

Here are few tips on how to tackle this situation:

1. Do not ban 1 player if he/she leaves the clan wars match (does not matter how or why, even if it's rage quit). Why? because clan will deal with that person on their own. Imagine being in a group of 4 and 1 player just leaves in middle of CW battle and costs others uranium.

2. If it's 3-4 players who leave the match, then it should be instant 30 minute ban, no exceptions. I mean, what are the chances that 3-4 players get disconnected at same time?

3. If it's just 2 players within 10 seconds, then there should be 5 minute ban from CW (which increases if you do it more). exception being that IP check is being ran and if they are on same connection or very close, then there should be no ban. Why? because it could be friends living in same place, could be family members ..etc or could be internet failure in same region (had this happen in UK where entire area had internet go down for hours). Sure it sounds complex, but this is how you solve situation like this and make sure that wrong people don't get punished because of abusers.

4. most importantly, your system does not even work. if i'm correct, this ban system was made to prevent win trading, griefing and dropping in ranks on purpose, so that you can get easy wins from 200 to 300 points, then drop back to 200 and play up to 300, this is fastest way of making uranium. we had score 200 and made 70 uranium per day.

5. game needs better tolerance towards disconnection / lag. why can't game just re-connect even if you pull your cable out for 10 seconds? why can't game just re-connect you into same session? In lot of other games, i can disconnect my internet for like 10 seconds, reconnect and still get back in same match, if my character is still alive, i just end up having huge lag spike, that's all.

6. Why don't you address the issue that lot of clans self destruct in round 2 and get no penalty?

7. Why you don't address the issue that clans are still able to drop in ranks by just using some fast troll builds, I already explained this, but this was completely ignored. They rush in with some booster builds, take a hit and get maybe 10-100 points and then self destruct ... no ban. Even worse is if one of the winning team's member can't get 40+ points cuz they are trolling and gets no uranium for win.

8. Bans should be given out based on team score and activity. This should be calculate based on clan rank (clan score). In higher ranks, it is impossible to have a clan wars match where team gets less than 900 points combined (you'd get 900 if you just straight out cap). So if one team gets like 100-200 points and loses, it will be considered as win trading / rank dropping and entire team should get 5 minute ban.

9. ALT+F4 check. For example Elite Dangerous has completely disabled ALT+F4, you can't quit the game by pressing ALT+F4. If you press it, then nothing happens at all. You could be more evil and run a silent check, if someone hits ALT+F4, then game doesn't say anything, but it should put you in the "rage quit black list" and if you do it again, then next time you login you should get a ban from that game mode for like 1 hour. However this should only take effect when you're in active clan wars and have NOT pressed ALT+TAB beforehand. Why? because sometimes game gets stuck / freezes and won't maximize and usually people hit ALT+F4 in that situation. There could be additional checks based on logs, for example you can tell if game window is active or not. If you kill active window with some 3rd party program, same should happen. If your game freezes for real, you'd open task manager and kill the game, but in that case game window would not be active, task manager would be active. Same goes for if you click escape and exit game during active clan wars battle (if you're still alive).

10. Vote to surrender the match. You can only start the vote if you have lost the first match or 1 player disconnects / leaves the match and enemy team should also be able to vote. If they want to fight, then it's up to them.

11. To prevent further win trading, why not just add checks to see who is playing against who? From what i know, even if you queue at same time, game doesn't put you against same clan twice. At least i have not seen this happen since the update that made top 60 clans get uranium. perhaps such system already exists and this is why you don't get 1 enemy twice in row. To make this check even more complex, if 2 clans play against eachother many times in same session (probably happens in top clans all the time), then there should be check to see their scores and activity, you can easily determine if it's win trading or not, based on their score and activity. If they rush in, die in 30 seconds with very low score, then clearly it's win trading or dropping rank).

Only way to solve these situations, is to put more effort and time towards the system. you can't just put some low-effort ban system in place .. it literally does nothing to those who abuse the system, only ones being punished are legit players.

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, ChopChopChop said:

You are just an angry troll that broken many forum rules.  No one is force you to play a game. 

Games meant to be for fun. What is the fun if a game is restricted by hardware? OR... In your case network?  You are just wasting spaces here, not that you have anything of value to add to discussions.  You are not the only player play "crossout" on high ping.  There are ways to point out an issue and wait for it to be resolved, without being sultry.  Bare in mind that there are issues that can be beyond anyone's capability to resolve it in a short term. 

I for one would look for a near game network if I enjoy the game so much.  It is not that hard, if you do use your time to look for a solution of your own issue. 

can`t connect to asia server
Clan battles and events are always Eu or RU only
devs from the start of the game service set to connect to Eu or RU with priority 
As long as you play the game in your home country, you are blind to this issue
That means nunsense

Edited by XV66