VileCrib_3

The State of CW-PS4

Should Clan Wars Be Restructured?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Access to Clan Wars Becoming too Restrictive to Newer Players

• Yes, the barrier of entry to be able to play CW *comfortably* is too high
    • No, the barrier for entry CW is just fine as it is
  2. 2. If You Selected Choice One, Where Level Does You're Storage Rest At?

• Relic-Tier (Own or can afford two relics for a relic cw build without liquidating their entire storage)
    • Legendary (Can afford two legendaries for a legendary cw build)
    • Epic (Can afford the necessary number of purples for a epic cw build)
  3. 3. If You Selected Choice Two, Where Level Does You're Storage Rest At?

• Relic-Tier (Own or can afford two relics for a relic cw build without liquidating their entire storage)
    • Legendary (Can afford two legendaries for a legendary cw build)
    • Epic (Can afford the necessary number of purples for a epic cw build)

I'm typing this to get a decent understanding of the state of cw on PS4 and how the users of your system feel about the state of clan wars, I plan on doing this on the other systems to see if I can get a general idea about this communities opinion on CW in it's current state. The situation on each platform is widely different, and I'm interested in seeing how that reflects in the comments, for example on xbox, less than 70 clans contribute more than double digits on the board, with no more than 90-100 adding any points at all. Xbox feels more of the effects from queue times and participation in nearly all aspects of the game, cw,pvp,raids,brawls,events,etc, in both peak and non peak hours. 

*I'm accounting for the fact that forum users represent a small minority of each platforms userbase.

So just a couple questions if we could keep this structured so it doesn't fall apart too soon, if we could keep it primarily focused on the bottom two questions, I feel we can come to a decent understanding of the situation on PS4, and eventually the other two system:

• -What do you feel is badly implemented in cw, or if not, why you believe it's fine?
  • -What suggestions would you give to the devs regarding improving cw?

(*If you could post your storage tier and when you started the game please, it'd help form a partial demographic on the how the different levels of storage value and introduction in the game reflect in the comments,

thanks!)

*If you aren't from this platform and decide to comment, if you could mention your system that'd be greatly appreciated*

Edited by VileCrib_3
  • Upvote 1

This poll makes no sense. You have to answer all three blocks so that the vote is counted.

• Haha 1

I play on PS4.

Weapons currently available:

Relics: 3 porcupines

Legendarys: spark, harvester, mandrake

Epics: 14 lancelots, 2 kapkans, skinner

Combos I have recently used in cw top 10 fights: 4 porcs, 3 porcs + 2 kapkans, 3 porcs + hurricane, 2 porcs + mandrake, spark + harvester + 6 lancelots, 12 lancelots + kapkan.

Started playing august 2 years ago, have been using relics for over a year. I rarely raid and don't run fuel tanks in missions, main income from market. Started with clan wars ~1,5 years ago. I like the competition, but am not super serious about it. I don't chase metas to always be on top with weapons. I don't use radarmour.

I don't see any problem with cw. Relics is not required, as late as yesterday I was in a non-relic group. Our lowest ranked player in clan is Engineers prestige 3.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm still confuse about the poll... it doesn't feel right if I have to answer question 2 and 3 it feels that I'm duplicating my answer...

14 hours ago, VileCrib_3 said:
  • -What do you feel is badly implemented in cw, or if not, why you believe it's fine?

badly implemented?  The league system currently is a joke, top leagues lose unpurpose (behaving against the rules) to get more fights, kicking young clans DISCOURAGING then. Also the system itself can match top leagues with lowers leagues just for queue time.... absurd:015_2:

Fine?  Is not fine, is broken

• -What suggestions would you give to the devs regarding improving cw?

Rework it and implement a proper league system, my personal suggestion, bases in rarity items used in your vehicle. That meaning blue, purple, yellow and orange league

With those stages newcomers will face similar gear and only skill will determinate who is the best :yes_yes_yes: and only winning that stage they could move into next stage.

(*If you could post your storage tier and when you started the game please, 

I started 1.5 years ago

My storage?  It's too wide to be written, also I'm constantly buying and selling for profits...

If you are talking about weapons I regularly use, well that also change in time, as soon as I amble a good and effective personal META I play with it a while and then change into different weapons looking for a new meta...

Weapons that I used or use regularly...

NO RELICS (but have enough cash for a couple)

Yellows

Pulsars 2 

harvester (3, but buying 2 more to fuse 1 of them)

spark (but I just sold it for a good price) Remedy is cheaper and more effective

Hammer fall 2

Nidhogg 3

Helios 3

Purples

Renedy

Executioners 3 (buying more to fuse them)

Caucasus 4(2 fused - snipper)

Impulse 2

Fatmans (long ago) 1 fused

Crickets 3 (only have them coz I fuse them :( don't like those, I like too much the ability of aiming...)

Spike-1

Quasar 2

Aurora 3 

Blues a lot of fused... I manly use

Little boys canons 

Goblins

Ur poll doesn't take In to account those that can almost have two relics and own many sets of legendaries.  

I for instance have over ten, but no relics. I can barely afford two relics and have a set of legendaries left over at best after trading in for them. 

• Thanks 1

I dont get peoples obsession with new players and CW. Is the game mode meant for the most battle hardened players too unfair to newcomers? Yeah. And it should be. The 6000 PS thing is a huge lie and gives newbies the impression they should stand a chance there. I see so many going in there with gas gens and I feel sorry knowing im about to slay them with ease. But thats part of getting better. None of us started off strong. We get there through time and effort.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

The 6000 PS thing is a huge lie and gives newbies the impression they should stand a chance there.

Kind of agree, PS requirements should be at lease 10K... to prevent newcomers to get discourage entering in 5k vehicles...:015_2:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

I dont get peoples obsession with new players and CW. Is the game mode meant for the most battle hardened players too unfair to newcomers? Yeah. And it should be. The 6000 PS thing is a huge lie and gives newbies the impression they should stand a chance there. I see so many going in there with gas gens and I feel sorry knowing im about to slay them with ease. But thats part of getting better. None of us started off strong. We get there through time and effort.

I think what this poll is trying to ask is the starting threshold to high for CW beginners, not necessarily XO beginners. Takes a while for XO beginners to epics much less legendaries and legendaries are struggling to compete with how saturated CW has become with Relics. Even those who have played for a quite some time and not played CW, how hard would it be for them to comfortably be able to begin competing in CW?

Edited by DRRPickel
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

They are in cw for the badges, and why shouldn't they? They could even remove the ps requirement. It doesn't really matter.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, tenshiijin said:

Ur poll doesn't take In to account those that can almost have two relics and own many sets of legendaries.  

I for instance have over ten, but no relics. I can barely afford two relics and have a set of legendaries left over at best after trading in for them. 

That's still basically liquidation. 

The poll needs a (Not Applicable) option in questions 2 and 3

5 hours ago, *Zhetesh said:

Kind of agree, PS requirements should be at lease 10K... to prevent newcomers to get discourage entering in 5k vehicles...:015_2:

But I have 9k builds...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DRRPickel said:

how hard would it be for them to comfortably be able to begin competing in CW?

You guys keep using this word comfortable. There's nothing comfortable about clan battles unless you're running x8 typhoon

3b0n52.jpg

Edited by submaxcw
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DRRPickel said:

I think what this poll is trying to ask is the starting threshold to high for CW beginners, not necessarily XO beginners. Takes a while for XO beginners to epics much less legendaries and legendaries are struggling to compete with how saturated CW has become with Relics. Even those who have played for a quite some time and not played CW, how hard would it be for them to comfortably be able to begin competing in CW?

This

We're having a bottleneck issue on all our systems (though it's quite a bit more severe over on xbox)

As we lose more and more veteran players, the disparity between veterans and the less equipped is just increasing

It's easy for us as veterans to say adapt, but our struggle wasn't like that of up and coming cw players, clan wars didn't have such a high concentration of relic users, there was a much larger cw playerbase when I first started in cw, I can't imagine how demoralizing it is now where top ranked teams can fight the bottom 40 at times (yes this has actually happened to me, I don't imagine they had much fun) and consistently play against relics without relics of your own

OF course you can beat relic users without any relics yourselves, but we're kidding ourselves if it's that's the norm instead of the exception

11 minutes ago, submaxcw said:

You guys keep using this word comfortable. There's nothing comfortable about clan battles unless you're running x8 typhoon

3b0n52.jpg

This, I don't imagine non relic users have too good a time in clan wars 

I'm in no way suggesting that relics be handed out like candy and make valueless, just stating an observation

4 hours ago, submaxcw said:

And it's not supposed to be 

• Upvote 1

Clan wars should be put in leagues epic, legendary and relic not the system they have in place now where a clan ranked at 120 with only legendry's  can be put up against a  top 20 ranked clan with all relics this makes it virtually impossible for any new clans to make head way in the game. It should be in clan wars if you have a team with mostly epic weapons but 1 legendary your clan fights in the legendary league and the same principle with legendary league if you have one relic on your team you fight in the relic league and set the uranium for the top twenty of each league ie: epic 5 uranium legendary 10 uranium and relic 20 per week and only relic and legendary league get 1 per win in cw which would ultimately even out the balance which is needed in clan wars. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

PS4
Been playing for 2 Years.
Been playing CW for a year or so.

Currently own 1 Typhoon which I've had for about four weeks.

Have played in multiple clans, top 10, top 20, Below 100, 100 - 50, and floated in Tin, Silver, Bronze, Gold, Platinum tiers relative to whichever clan it was.

Played Hover Pulsar, Hover Typhoon/Nami, Hover Helios, Nidhogg Favorite/Echo, Spark Harvy, Double Mandrakes, Dracco on both heavy/med cabs, Tripple Cyclone Spider, Pulsar Spider, some other random stuff.

My thoughts on Clan Wars:

Clan Wars is by far the most intense, exciting, rewarding, and satisfying part of Crossout, hands down. With that out of the way, I think Clan Wars as it's currently implemented, works quite well. That aside, there are some problem areas and things could be improved.
The Clan Wars system is VERY simplistic, which is both a blessing and a curse. I've said it before that there's way to many variables for a clan to plan for to make it a truly competitive game mode. Everything from non-symmetrical maps, varying objective win conditions, weapon and build balance, poor matchmaking, to name a few.

In regards to Match Making, while clans generally fight closer to their point total, it's still the case that a high rated clan will be matched vs a low rated one. While the effect on the score isnt detrimental for the lesser of the two, it still often amounts to a waste of time for such a match to occur. It'd be better to not have these matches take place to begin with. Reduce the maximum point differential, and expand the queue time (currently there seems to be no cap, or a large one of 500-800? point difference).

Overall I think the strongest determining factor on which clans rise to the top is the skill of the players.

Second is the weapon/build options (relic weapons, current meta cabins, movement parts, build strength, etc)

Way in third place is things like the overall system and matchmaking.

Note: you could go into a lot of highly specific reasons that I've left out for the sake of simplicity.

So looking at how the Clan Wars community structures itself. The most skilled played actually identify eachother in regular PvP play. They then reach out and form groups for casual fun. You might call these the Alpha players. These players end up networking with eachother, and forming into clans, they like winning, and playing with other awesome players helps them all to achieve the same goal. Spots in Clans are limited, so Top clans fill their roster with Alpha players. The weakest are weeded out to be replaced with other Alpha players. Some Alphas might appear strong in some ways (such as aim, reaction time etc) but turn out to be less desirable due to other flaws (drunkeness, slothenly, tardiness, disruptive, argumentative, etc). Over time a hierarchy is formed. There is some fluidity among Alpha players playing within the top clans, but overall the strongest players play continually at the top with their peers, and the weaker ones settle beneath them. Beneath those, congregating at the bottom, are the less able, or more casual players.

Once the hierarchy is in place, and everyone's settled in their relative positions on the leader-board due to skill, further success is determined by leadership, whether that's administerial strength to manage the logistics of a clan, or the in battle leadership that turns the 4 man unit into a cohesive whole.

See, the thing you have to admit is that, regardless of what flaws there are in the CW system, at the end of the day the Leaderboard is inevitably going to be determined not by relics, builds, or matchmaking, but meritocracy. The current system is overly simple, but that allows it to play out naturally to its obvious conclusion. I don't know how you're going to "fix" CW to better allow newbies to enter. If they want to match build for build sooner, the only real way is to throw money at the game. That said, without a continual stream of new players feeding the ranks, CW will inevitably die.

So here's a suggestion! Perhaps within a clan, for clan wars, players can share a member of their groups build. That way a 2yr old veteran with some nice builds can start a clan, invite some newbies with no kit, and they can all play with their leaders build so they can at least dive in and compete at the build level.

..or something.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Butonfly_nz said:

My thoughts on Clan Wars:

Very well explained. 

I do disagree with a couple points, but the overall idea is sound. I agree, asking for color tiers in clan tournament is a bad idea and discourages further growth. 

• Upvote 1