VileCrib_3

The State of CW-XB1

Should Clan Wars Be Restructured?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is Access to Clan Wars Becoming too Restrictive to Newer Players

• Yes, the barrier of entry to be able to play CW *comfortably* is too high
    • No, the barrier for entry CW is just fine as it is
  2. 2. If You Believe the Barrier for Entry is too Restrictive, What Level Does You're Storage Rest At?

• Relic-Tier (Own or can afford two relics for a relic cw build without liquidating their entire storage)
    • Legendary (Can afford two legendaries for a legendary cw build)
    • Epic (Can afford the necessary number of purples for a epic cw build)
  3. 3. If You Believe it's Fine Where it's at, What Level Does You're Storage Rest At?

• Relic-Tier (Own or can afford two relics for a relic cw build without liquidating their entire storage)
    • Legendary (Can afford two legendaries for a legendary cw build)
    • Epic (Can afford the necessary number of purples for a epic cw build)

10 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

I do not play CW no time, but I point out the advantage of players who play since the beginning of the game and who are stuffed, must know how to make room for others, my wish is to have more new players that play against always the same

Still, you are an old player.  Maybe the new guy want to play against somebody else than you too?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

and you make a fixation on me, you really have a problem

I don't "make a fixation". You are directly asking that other qui the game wich is a big thing to ask. It's only fair that I ask if you intend to do the same to "help" "new players".

Quick truth : real new players don't meet CW "elites"

Edited by II_Nico_II
Edit: but hey, good try, i thought you had arguments instead of ad hominems...
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, samuraicrosser said:

or so the devs must create a relic league

I understand your point of view, in case the devs do nothing to improve the situation, if we realize it, we can perhaps, at our level, influence the game by changing the way we play, as Vilcrib did,

now I agree with you for the time and money invested by the old players, they should not be penalized,

this is why for example:
devs will be able to make a veteran league from the prestige for ex: 80 which will be the course of the big ones, they offer more deco like the event .

the devs must take into account the evolution of the old players

59 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

I understand your point of view, in case the devs do nothing to improve the situation, if we realize it, we can perhaps, at our level, influence the game by changing the way we play, as Vilcrib did,

now I agree with you for the time and money invested by the old players, they should not be penalized,

this is why for example:
devs will be able to make a veteran league from the prestige for ex: 80 which will be the course of the big ones, they offer more deco like the event .

the devs must take into account the evolution of the old players

I can agree with that. Seems reasonnable.

I don't have anything against you. It's just that I don't think that we need to punish veterans to let new players have a good time.

not at all I think the devs must motivate the veterans towards another higher goals than to earn uranium and top 10,

in the idea it is a league veteran level 50 with relic, where you find the best players, in addition to the 50 uranium and the top 10,

for the first three , all the players of the clans earn a deco like the siren horn and every month they change the decor, that or the 500 coins for example,

it will make sense for the old players and new players are tranquil until the minimum level reaches prestige 50  and can only enter the course of the great ones if they have a relic

in short a new carrot for the elders and new players

Edited by samuraicrosser

If in the future all platforms were to merge, only then i think a relic league would be viable, where any team including a relic can compete.. almost like a league above diamond or whatever top tier is.. then the rest will use non-relic... it makes sense, as clan wars is to gain relics, newcomers are at a loss to compete with such things.. as it is an obvious catch-22... 

This relic tier would obviously have increased rewards again, man it 3 uranium without scanner and a higher bulk rewards for season end.. but this can't happen until theres a merge of at least consoles.. we don't have enough players to compete in a split competition this way..

Think it's time the devs maybe consider a relic container to help equalize the drastic difference between storages

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Think it's time the devs maybe consider a relic container to help equalize the drastic difference between storages

As much as I’d like that knowing the devs the relic odds will be low. When the ck containers were in game I spend 30k crafting them and best I pulled was an epic ck for the executioner 

1 hour ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Yep. Temporary like the legendary one.

This way ura grinders can't complain about price drop and low ranking clans can realize that having a relic won't magically make them top 30. 

Win-win

download.jpg

Loot box is the solution? :015_2:

• Haha 1

Just now, MalAd3pt said:

download.jpg

Loot box is the solution? :015_2:

Yeah. If you want to cut the grind you pay the lootbox. Nothing shocking. At all.

Make it so it's only crossout coins istead of irl dollars and let people chose their relic if you feel like those guys need even more hand-me-outs.

1 hour ago, II_Nico_II said:

Yeah. If you want to cut the grind you pay the lootbox. Nothing shocking. At all.

Make it so it's only crossout coins istead of irl dollars and let people chose their relic if you feel like those guys need even more hand-me-outs.

The fact there isn't uproar regarding the legendary container or wasterland containers speaks for itself

Add a relic container and players should have the opportunity to fight on even terms regarding weaponary

2 hours ago, NegativeStance said:

As much as I’d like that knowing the devs the relic odds will be low. When the ck containers were in game I spend 30k crafting them and best I pulled was an epic ck for the executioner 

No I mean a temporary relic container, not the original one that didn't even have a chance to roll a relic

How about putting out packs with legendaries? As much as I hate monetizing the game this way epics in packs dont pack the same punch the used to before the relic change. Seems like the game has flipped from legendary to relics, maybe time for packs to reflect this.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DRRPickel said:

How about putting out packs with legendaries? As much as I hate monetizing the game this way epics in packs dont pack the same punch the used to before the relic change. Seems like the game has flipped from legendary to relics, maybe time for packs to reflect this.

That would obliterate the value of legendaries 

That’s the very thing im trying to avoid regarding relics 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, VileCrib_3 said:

The social aspect, a number of people have told me the biggest reason they continue to play this game is because of their clan. Unfortunately for a number of people, Crossout the primary outlet they use to socialize with others. And it makes sense, you grind 12-40 hrs a week playing pvp and cw with the same people for 1-2 years day in day out, you tend to become close. And that's not bad by any means no, I've talked to two of my clanmates outside of the game and actually met one irl.

Unfortunately that also means that everytime a clan quits the game, some permanently quit and sell their accounts sadly.

I know @VileCrib_3 likes to be childish and use my clan affiliation to poke fun at me and calls it a dead clan because we don't place anymore, but honestly if it wasn't for the friendship in CMBK I probably wouldn't be playing either. We've managed to keep a really nice "core" of people since the very beginning days and I pick up the game to hang out with them. We've had the members that are all about themselves and only want to play CW for the 1 or 2 ore per match...they don't last long when they realize how close knit we are, and what our philosophy is. Everyone who wants to play, plays. We stopped restricting people to teams, stopped relegating people to the bench, and started giving everyone an opportunity to get some ore. Some don't like that. Some people bit<h and complain about placement but our goal is not to be 1st but to help our friends who want to go for relics. We traded our placement for a better game experience as buds. 

@VileCrib_3

Also, I meant to ask you for clarification on the reasoning behind the poll questions. Regarding questions 2 and 3, about where our "storage rests at." I fall in between option 1 and 2. I don't own a relic. My garage is enough to buy a set and thensome, but I chose to keep my 15+ legendaries because I have more fun with the diversity as opposed to trying to get sweaty in CW for 10 extra ore per week, when I can just win and earn more ore with victories. I would NOT have to sell off my entire garage to obtain a FB, Breaker or Porc build, especially with 300+ ore on hand and 15 or so Legendaires in my storage right now.

Where do I fall in your poll?

• don't have any relics
  • don't have to sell off all my shiz to get a pair
  • not struggling to get leggos because I have way more than 2 at my disposal.  

10 hours ago, HAILCAESAR01481 said:

@VileCrib_3

Also, I meant to ask you for clarification on the reasoning behind the poll questions. Regarding questions 2 and 3, about where our "storage rests at." I fall in between option 1 and 2. I don't own a relic. My garage is enough to buy a set and thensome, but I chose to keep my 15+ legendaries because I have more fun with the diversity as opposed to trying to get sweaty in CW for 10 extra ore per week, when I can just win and earn more ore with victories. I would NOT have to sell off my entire garage to obtain a FB, Breaker or Porc build, especially with 300+ ore on hand and 15 or so Legendaires in my storage right now.

Where do I fall in your poll?

• don't have any relics
  • don't have to sell off all my shiz to get a pair
  • not struggling to get leggos because I have way more than 2 at my disposal.  

Than you fall under the 1st category which is relic tier-

You own, or are capable of owning, relics without severely altering your storage ie) selling everything off

Reasoning for the poll is that I don’t believe just asking if cw should be made more accessible is going to represent all opinions fairly

Alot of forum users currently are 1-2 year + vets

We already have the storages and gear that newer will have a much harder time acquiring thanks to all the updates and events under our belts.

See who’s agreeing/disagreeing and seeing where they rest wealth wise will help keep things in perspective 

Me saying everything is alright just because I own everything for example, is kind of shortsighted of the issue.

There is a disparity between players storages that imo, is the reason for our cw issues

The rate of new players transitioning into cw is lower than the rate we are losing cw players.

Alll our clans are falling apart, and if things stay the way they are, we’re going to have a serious problem

I was laughed at when I suggested a CW type system that incorporated less skilled/newer/"poorer" players last year, where PS caps were implemented. It has been mentioned several times I believe and always met with ridicule. 

My biggest selling point for this was more people will have a meaningful goal, (perhaps acquiring their Legendary weapons by getting a handful of each or a single resource like electronics, you need to craft a Leggo) with many more people being able to actively engage in a tournament style, high reward, competitive game mode for the "less fortunate" so to speak. :lol: 

@VileCrib_3 it's too bad the poll won't allow you to answer only the 2 relevant questions. 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, VileCrib_3 said:

That would obliterate the value of legendaries 

That’s the very thing im trying to avoid regarding relics 

in reality, unless you are Leggo trading daily, and IDK anyone trading legendaries like blues other than @BMWM3POWER333 on a consistent basis, why would the cost of leggos dropping significantly be a "bad thing?" (i'm sure they're are a few other players who do trade legendaries on a daily basis out there...dont freak out) 

2 hours ago, HAILCAESAR01481 said:

I was laughed at when I suggested a CW type system that incorporated less skilled/newer/"poorer" players last year, where PS caps were implemented. It has been mentioned several times I believe and always met with ridicule. 

My biggest selling point for this was more people will have a meaningful goal, (perhaps acquiring their Legendary weapons by getting a handful of each or a single resource like electronics, you need to craft a Leggo) with many more people being able to actively engage in a tournament style, high reward, competitive game mode for the "less fortunate" so to speak. :lol: 

And I do apologize if any of my comments then turned to uneccessary insults (if I’m remembering right, it was Montycaspers thread on this, but I don’t think I started throwing until the “elitez” nonesense started coming up.

The reason I’m against further separation of cw is the same reason PC is taking issue with patrol and the experiment mode, and why brawls are on a times-table

our population is far too small to be spread thin by more modes

If we have more game modes made available, queues would go up, and not only because of our population but because of the situation regarding our players specifically

There’s a reason why people leave their accounts offline when playing cw

There’s a reason why we used to have the issue of back outs

There’s a reason why in pvp, some people drop to lower power scores if they’re playing solo  

People don’t want to play unfair games and that is completely understandable in my opinion

But if you add cw restrictions, I can say confidently that almost no one will want to move up to the top bracket except for the most established clans, that bracket would eventually die because of that, for no other reason they because they play well, which isn’t fair to them imo.

2 hours ago, HAILCAESAR01481 said:

in reality, unless you are Leggo trading daily, and IDK anyone trading legendaries like blues other than @BMWM3POWER333 on a consistent basis, why would the cost of leggos dropping significantly be a "bad thing?" (i'm sure they're are a few other players who do trade legendaries on a daily basis out there...dont freak out) 

Because progression in this game is linked to your storage value, you can take olaybwoth what you can’t afford, even if you have the levels for it

A significant permanent price drop would devalue the money and time players put into getting relics

A long term reduction in price isn’t bad, that happens to everything eventually, and anyone that has issues with that has problems of their own they need to sort.

But punishing someone that might’ve dropped hundreds of dollars for a relic (met a handful of ppl that did that) or sold their storage for relic items, only to see that item tank in price is blatantly disrespectful and spits in the face of invested players.

No one should be going back in progression, tanking prices sets people back hundreds of dollars and months of progression

• Upvote 1

We just created a new clan and started at 102 place 3 weeks ago. We fought people who barely had a ledgendary build and some who did not. Relics at that entry level of wars is devastating we rolled everyone until we hit the teens. They have no idea how to play and made lots of mistakes. However there are also  relic clans down their seal clubbing those poor little startups to farm urainium. We dont have enough people in clan wars. We need more participation maybe a mini class where you still collect urainium but your powerscore is limited to 6k. I dont have a good answer but to many people only want to be in pvp.