Sign in to follow this  
Zaikadi

Zaikadi Motors, Ltd.

Introduction

My favorite aspect of this game is that players can use in battle a vehicle that they design themselves. I began building my own cars immediately when I started with this game, and I have used only builds that I have created myself from the ground up. In this thread, I can share some of my favorite and/or most effective designs, and I invite relevant comments. I see a few other players making threads with their creations, and I think showcasing our designs adds a further dimension to the game. I see quite a few interesting vehicles in battle, but I have little chance to really examine them. I have actually friended a couple of players only to get a good look at their car.

Probably the people that complain that they are bored with Crossout don't enjoy the creative, aesthetic side of the game. What a shame. They only build (or download) a vehicle that ignores aesthetic sense in order to optimize their build's ability in battle. If that were all this game was about, I'd have stayed with World of Tanks. I think showcase threads like these can be a vibrant feature of the Crossout forum that exploits the game's unique qualities.

Personally, I try for a balance of aesthetics and function, and all of the vehicles in this thread are designed to both have visual appeal and perform well in battle. I began by making relatively clean designs in bright colors, but recently I have gone for the more Mad Max look, with weathered metal, scavenged parts, and nasty sharp points and things.

I now divide my cars into two categories: "Mad Max Universe" cars that look as if they come from a George Miller movie, and "Arena Combat" cars that generally have cleaner lines, bright glossy paint, and more specialized forms. The latter are meant to look as of they participate in an arena-like sporting event that consists of specially built cars battling in a closed environment.

Nearly all of my vehicles are named after traditional swords from Asia, Africa, and Oceania. I use a common design for most of my frames. They most often have split chassis frames with a central channel that allows placement of generators, ammo boxes, cooling, and radios between the frame rails.

I will update the images whenever I do significant work on the vehicles, with the exception of vehicles I no longer have stored and those that someone has commented on in this thread.

Almost all these cars below are still in my garage, and I use them frequently. I hope you like them. If you have any suggestions for improvements, please post.

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jian 2

Platform: Z-04A

Type: Mad Max Universe

Roles: Raids, Patrols, & Adventures

PS 6387--Torero cabin, Hardcore motor, 4x Vectors, Gas-Gen

My showcase begins with a line that I used from the second week of September to mid November as my only Adventure and Raid car, called the Jian. I built the first version about a week after I started playing Crossout and developed it over time as I learned the game. The Jian 2, pictured below, was probably my first really good build. It had my first tower build, and I usually used Vectors, although I tried Rapiers and Sledgehammers as well. I added the tower after learning that bots tend to aim at cabins. I found it to be true, as my car rarely lost its guns. By the time these images were made, the Jian had already been through numerous versions, from crude to more advanced as I acquired parts. I was still using an updated version of this car (see Jian 3 below) with the same exact original platform when I accidentally overwrote the blueprint. Ultimately, this car was replaced by the Dao 2 (see below).

screenshot-191007-192226.jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 2

Yatagan 1

Platform: Z-06B

Roles: Patrols (PvE) & Missions (PvP)

PS 3421--Growl cabin, Hardcore motor, 4x Goblins, CS Taymyr cooler, R-2 Chill radiator

Like the Jian, this car has evolved a lot since its first form. The concept was to build a low PS vehicle around four Goblins, and I was quite pleased with the results, both in its aesthetics and effectiveness. I did not use my common frame for this one. It uses a wider frame (Z-06A platform) that is split all the way back to the rear of the cabin to allow for the Goblins to be mounted within the chassis frame. I'm happy with how efficient this design is, as I managed to squeeze a lot of equipment into a small package while keeping the PS under 3500 (3421).

The vehicle has four Goblin shotguns: two between the frame rails and one on either side of the Growl cabin. They are mounted so as to allow the pikes to protrude beyond the front of the vehicle to do ram damage. The front wheels are Shivs for both durability and potential to do a little damage.

While this machine doesn't have same consistency in combat as the Firangi (see below), it has its moments of glory, and combination ram/volley kills can be quite satisfying.

At the bottom, I added a shot of the original, four-wheeled version (Z-06A platform), which I thought looked really nice, with a sleeker body. I found that I too often lost a wheel and, with it, most of its mobility, hence the addition of two more wheels, which forced me to alter the body, making the car less elegant-looking in my opinion.

screenshot-191007-191308.jpg

screenshot-191007-191321.jpg

screenshot-191007-191331.jpg

screenshot-190927-214143 cropped.jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 2

Munchkin Goblin

Platform: Z-07A

Type: Arena Combat

PS 2670--Growl cabin, 4x Goblins, 2x CS Taymyr coolers

This is my attempt to pack as much into a small package as possible. I call it the Munchkin Goblin, and I consider it a junior version of the Yatagan 1.

It is very simple, with four Goblins and two Coolers directly behind, which may not be efficient, but I like the way it looks. I didn't use it often, mostly because I couldn't seem to get into lower PS battles. It was quite successful in Patrols.

It's in my Exhibition but no longer my garage because the game is too stingy with their Blueprints.

screenshot-191012-231914.jpg

screenshot-191012-231925.jpg

screenshot-191012-231932.jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 2

I really like the shape of the rear of the Jian, Looks like a lunatic mechanic tried to fit a sport car into a Cadillac :p. The water drop shape of the new Yatagan is interesting too, it looks tidy with that exhaust.

Thanks for the comments.

The exhaust did help the Yatagan. Before I acquired those, the body had no satisfactory lower panel. It just kind of cut off there. I needed additional Left and Right Plasters.

Edited by Zaikadi

Firangi

Platform: Z-04B

Roles: Missions (PvP) & Patrols (PvE)

PS 3235--Sprinter cabin, Hardcore motor, 3x Vectors, Big G generator, radio; top speed:98 km/h

Overall, I'd say this vehicle, built on a buggy version of the Jian Z-04 platform, is my most successful designWhile it is nothing exceptional--merely a Sprinter cabin with a bit of protection--the combination works nicely. The rest of the equipment includes APC wheels, 3 Vectors or Piercers, and a lot of headlights. If I run the car with twin Defenders, Spitfires, or Rapiers, I can keep the PS under 3000 PS. I have also used Wasps.

It's quick, stays on its wheels, and does sufficient damage. I have been using it as my main vehicle in the 2800-3500 PS range. Even though I'm a rather aggressive player, my car is often among the last one or two to survive a battle.

I had an earlier version with a Growl cab, but forumer Clebardman saw that I wasn't using all the allotted Energy points and suggested replacing it with a Sprinter in order to keep the PS down. I took his advice.

screenshot-191008-215628.jpg

screenshot-191008-215634.jpg

screenshot-191008-215648.jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 2

Jian 3

Platform: Z-04A

Types: Mad Max Universe/Arena Combat (depending on paint & décor)

Roles: Adventures, Raids, Patrols

PS 5235--Hot Rod cabin, Hot Red motor, 4x Vectors/M-37 Piercers, Gas-Gen, R-2 Chill radiator; top speed:96 km/h

The Jian, my main Adventure and Raid build, received quite a few changes over time. At one point, I replaced the 1500 PS Torero cabin with a 750 PS Hot Rod, which helped lower the PS to only 5235. The chassis frame and mobility parts remained largely unmodified, but I changed just about all of the upper body portions of the car in order to conform to the Hot Rod cabin shape. This unfortunately led me to weaken the front armor.

I think the tower is ugly and doesn't exactly fit my self-imposed guidelines for Mad Max-type design, but I kept it as a concession because it is so effective at preventing bots from shooting out my guns. In fact, sometimes my car gets stripped of almost everything except the guns. This tower was slightly shorter on Jian 3 than on Jian 2, and the two inverted guns allow me to hit enemies that are against the sides or back of my car. I also leaned the entire tower forward in order to shift more weight toward the front wheels. With the tower entirely behind the cabin, the center of balance was too far back, giving it too little traction for the front wheels, which made the steering vary wildly between unresponsive or over-responsive.

Jian 3 was now one of my best overall vehicles, and I relied on it for my most important PvE battles.

screenshot-191116-220644(-101 4 197).jpg

screenshot-191116-220706(-101 3 211).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi

Dahong

Platform: Z-09A

PS 2867--Sprinter cabin, Hardcore motor, 3x Sledgehammers/M-37 Piercers, Ampere generator, CS Taymyr cooler; top speed:99 km/h

A while back, WiLDFOX1 began a thread in this forum for buggy builds, specifically for racing/sandrail style, and I built this one just for that thread. The weekend that I built this, I was out in the Southern California desert sand dunes getting inspired by the machines I saw there, and in fact, my uncle used to build rail buggies. Although the Dahong was created to fit the theme, I made sure it was a competitive design, with 3 Sledgehammer shotguns (sometimes Piercers) and a cooler, it has had considerable success in combat.

screenshot-191106-211727(-101 2 196).jpg

screenshot-191106-211735(-97 3 203).jpg

screenshot-191106-211742(-100 4 209).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yatagan 2

Type: Arena Combat

PS 4635--Torero cabin, Hot Red motor, 4x Goblins, R-2 Chill radiator, CS Taymyr cooler, radio, car jack; top speed:114 km/h

This car is a result of a lot of modification of the Yatagan 1. The firepower of the Goblins in the earlier Yatagan seemed weak. Through experimentation, I realized that the lower guns mounted within the chassis frame were blocked by ground-level features much of the time, which meant I was hitting enemies with only half of my firepower. I had to raise the lower guns, which meant moving the cabin back. This changed the entire design of the top part of the car, even though it is still built on the six-wheel Yatagan platform. Now, I can regularly hit my targets with all four guns.

It took a while to decide on the best cabin. I replaced the original Growl with the Wyvern to increase the acceleration, and then the Blight, which was even quicker. Ultimately I went with the similar Torero for its lower PS rating. It was also a perfect fit for the body. It's now my thrid fastest car after the Klewang 2 and Dao 1. Unfortunately it raises the PS too high for the level I was aiming for (below 4000).

I have also tried 3 Wasps, and had good results, although I'm not very good with rockets.

I switched to Racing Tires because one of my other cars seemed to be easier to control with them. As with most of my cars, I installed non-steering rear wheels. They give me more stability and greater high-speed control at the cost of low-speed maneuverability.

Aesthetically, Yatagan 2 is a far cry from the clean, compact car I started with, but it's a helluvalotta of fun to drive and very effective if driven wisely. I miss the original lines of the four-wheeled Yatagan 1, but I worked hard to keep Yatagan 2 as visually pleasing as possible.

screenshot-191111-204215(-106 2 196).jpg

screenshot-191111-204233(-100 4 196).jpg

screenshot-191111-204242(-96 2 203).jpg

screenshot-191111-204249(-100 3 211).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1

Klewang 2

Platform: Z-04C

PS 4976--Torero cabin, Cheetah motor, 3x Junkbows, Big G generator; top speed:120 km/h

This is my best zoom & boom Mad Max Universe vehicle, and what a fun car! It's built on a two-wheeled buggy version of the Jian Z-04 platform, with a Firangi body modified specifically for the Junkbow. The concept is to make a very fast car that can close the distance quickly from a flank, blast with its powerful, but short-ranged, fusillade of debris, and speed out before retaliation.

To get more acceleration power, I experimented with stuffing a Colossus motor into this little buggy, no small feat. After some further tests, I found the Cheetah to be a better choice. The original cabin was a Growl, but I later switched to the Blight for its greater acceleration. It worked wonderfully; I recommend the Blight for any fast build, not only those with fire weapons. However, I later settled on the Torero because its performance is similar while it has a 300-point lower PS score. It also happens to fit the body design better. The Klewang 2 has awesome acceleration, and the Cheetah gives a bonus to its reload or cool-down if I sustain the speed. The combination of the Torero cabin and Cheetah motor makes this my fastest build.

The Junkbows blow enemy Rapiers and Fat Mans right off their mounts. This is my first foray into these weapons, and I am quite pleased with them. The effective range is really short, though.

For a few days, I tried Twin wheels, with which I had little experience. The Medium wheels were frequently getting shot off, and I wanted to experiment with four Twin wheels, rather than my old standby six APCs. The Twins made the car slip around something awful, and I ended up with Racing Tires, which seem to make the car easier to handle.

screenshot-191111-220219(-101 2 196).jpg

screenshot-191111-220303(-99 4 198).jpg

screenshot-191111-220351(-97 3 204).jpg

screenshot-191111-220424(-101 3 210).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1

Khopesh 1

Platform: Z-04C

PS 5570--Blight cabin, Hardcore motor, 2x Remedy flamethrowers, R2 Chill radiator, 3x ammo packs, car jack; top speed:109 km/h

A while back, I bought the "Pestilence" pack, and this is my attempt to improve the vehicle. I decided on the Z-06C platform from the Klewang 2. Improvements include Racing wheels for stability, durability, and to shift more weight and much-needed traction to the front wheels. I added an R2 radiator and an additional ammo box (making three) to stay in the fight longer. I removed the Chameleon stealth unit because I rarely use it and it takes up valuable space. Khopesh 1 is better armored than the Pestilence.

I intentionally removed the CK on the nose Remedy, but retained the Black Death CK for the top Remedy, which I then I decorated with Steel Mohawk wings.

This car is quite fearsome, especially if I time the green flame well. If I can pin and hold an enemy, I can destroy them with one long burst of flame.

screenshot-191114-205244(-102 2 196).jpg

screenshot-191114-205303(-100 6 196).jpg

screenshot-191114-205323(-96 2 204).jpg

screenshot-191114-205331(-100 6 210).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wakizashi 1

Platform: Z-12A

Roles: Missions (PvP) & Patrols (PvE)

PS 4975--Torero cabin, Hot Red motor, 4x M-37 Piercers/Vectors/Sledgehammers, radio; top speed:114 km/h

Yet another super-fun buggy, this time Intended specifically for PvP and designed to counter the waves of hovers, cannons, pulse weapons, and other meta machines--with mixed success and no satisfying counter to the meta-wedges. In Patrols, however, it is fantastic. The main requirements were low PS, high speed, and four Piercer guns, which I was trying for the first time. Recently, I have also been trying Vectors, but Sledgehammers seem to fit the strengths of the car better, which are to use the speed to get in close, blast and escape.

The car is quite fast. Like the Yatagan 2 and Klewang 2, I recently switched out the excellent Blight cabin for the Torero, which has a significantly lower PS than the Blight. However, also to lower the PS, I took out the original Cheetah motor, which made it blistering fast, for the Hot Red, which still has admirable power and speed. I was conscious with all components, including the choice of motor, to keep the PS as low as possible so as to avoid the meta-exploiting seal-clubbers that wolf-packed me in the 5300-7500 PS battles.

The guns are mounted on "can be shot through" structure, which last much longer than standard structure and make good supports for things you don't want to lose. The guns are positioned far apart from each other so that I seldom lose all of them at once, though they are still blown off quite frequently anyway.

Despite keeping the PS under 5000, my Wakizashi 1 still gets blasted by cannons and explosive weapons, which leave it pretty debilitated after one or two volleys. Vehicles that rely on high speed and mobility--the kinds I enjoy most--are definitely not the current meta, but I keep trying to make them work. On a good day, playing these light, fast builds can be very fun.

screenshot-191118-002244(-103 2 195).jpg

screenshot-191118-002254(-100 5 198).jpg

screenshot-191118-002308(-97 2 204).jpg

screenshot-191118-002330(-100 3 210).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, rpek32 said:

cool cars, pal:good:

Thanks.

I notice that you checked out Warbrand's collection as well. Do you have a set of builds to feature?

Edited by Zaikadi

10 hours ago, Zaikadi said:

Do you have a set of builds to feature?

not so many. on exhibition Steppe_1 Steppe_2 Steppe_3 - military styled offroads

and some simple technicals:

Spoiler

AiohplN.jpg

3mIxKvw.jpg

AvnChGy.jpg

I think I'll do a post about my vehicle varients properly at some point with some optimisation stuff.. I was gonna buy ended up doing dumb stuff in photoshop instead.. 

Spoiler

Lovushka CCCP.jpg

Edited by Xbox_M_420

3 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I think I'll do a post about my vehicle varients properly at some point with some optimisation stuff.. I was gonna buy ended up doing dumb stuff in photoshop instead.. 

Hide contents

Lovushka CCCP.jpg

It looks like you have some pretty expensive paints, there. Your machine looks great. I wish I had those rear fenders.

I hope you start a showcase thread.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure they are just lunatic fenders, and thanks, my builds look pretty much the same though

I've gathered screenshot for a sort of in depth showcase.. Will write some tonight maybe 

Edited by Xbox_M_420

On 11/14/2019 at 7:05 AM, rpek32 said:

not so many. on exhibition Steppe_1 Steppe_2 Steppe_3 - military styled offroads

and some simple technicals:

Reveal hidden contents

AiohplN.jpg

3mIxKvw.jpg

AvnChGy.jpg

Technicals really fit this game and must be fun. What are the PS ranges of these?

Dao 2

Types: Mad Max Universe/Arena Combat (depending on paint & décor)

Roles: Adventures, Raids, Patrols

PS 6175--Torero cabin, Cheetah motor, 4x Vectors, Gas-Gen, R-2 Chill radiator; top speed: 120 km/h

I accidentally overwrote my Jian 3, so I had to design a new Raid/Adventure car from the ground up. I used what I have learned from my experience, the forum, and Youtube to improve the car to the Dao 2, which is based on the same platform as the Yatagan 2. I went back to the Torero cabin and allowed an increase in the PS in order to have the Cheetah motor.

I mounted all of the guns on the top of the tower this time, which allowed me to lower the tower even more. Having two inverted guns works great, but I suspect they will get hit while the bots are shooting the cabin. In this new arrangement, I have the two middle guns mounted on both the Gun Mount and the Buggy Floors. In one recent battle, one of the Buggy Floors was shot away and both of the middle guns remained in place.

I mounted the two Bullbars on the doors in order to repel ramming, but I don't know if it was a waste of 98 PS. Aesthetically, I'm not pleased with them, so if you think they're useless, please let me know.

I really hate that the PS is now over 6000. I'll work on lowering it.

screenshot-191119-214256(-102 2 197).jpg

screenshot-191119-214854(-101 5 196).jpg

screenshot-191119-214915(-98 2 204).jpg

screenshot-191119-214933(-100 3 210).jpg

Edited by Zaikadi
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zaikadi said:

Technicals really fit this game and must be fun. What are the PS ranges of these?

4k cyclone, 3.3k spectre

changing spectres to aspects raising ps to 4.3k

Edited by rpek32

Sign in to follow this