Pickleberry

Clash of Engineers - SMR

On 10/9/2019 at 9:09 AM, NegativeStance said:

For future it would be good to see the devs give us parts to create the build that way and give us a blueprint slot for contest. No more copying and happen

Oh yes. Almost like a seperate garage with it's own exhibition. This garage could have all parts available in it. No importing of blueprints to that slot so that all contest entries must be built by the player who is submitting it. When the next contest starts the contest exhibition could be wiped so that only current entries would appear. Working as a seperate garage would also allow them to more easily set different parameters for each contest.

Maybe allow exporting of blueprints for those who really want to save one and play with it later.

Edited by Pandemic_Regent
  • Upvote 1

I’m absolutely a fan of a separate sandbox to give equal opportunity to every player.

I feel like this whole contest was a lie. Did a top 100 list ever get released? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, A_V_G_P said:

I feel like this whole contest was a lie. Did a top 100 list ever get released? 

nope, i got 56, Jim got 65 i think.. i don't see why we can't just scroll through pages.. see what is and isn't criteria too

I forgot about the CK kits being Asian themed. Of course I passed on the only time that I could have made good use of them.

I suppose it didn't matter anyway after seeing what won.

I should have submitted SMR LIKE FOR COINS on a medium wheel, that shet would have won with 3k votes on XBOX. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeucesWiId said:

I forgot about the CK kits being Asian themed. Of course I passed on the only time that I could have made good use of them.

I suppose it didn't matter anyway after seeing what won.

I should have submitted SMR LIKE FOR COINS on a medium wheel, that shet would have won with 3k votes on XBOX. :lol:

I forgot I saw and think voted for yours too.

Edited by A_V_G_P
  • Thanks 1

Contest had the worst setup ever, everyone using that old af samurai warrior levithan from years ago, I know 2 people who got the avatar and the paint and they used exactly the same build as each other, crazy contest ggs tho.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, saltyadults69 said:

Contest had the worst setup ever, everyone using that old af samurai warrior levithan from years ago, I know 2 people who got the avatar and the paint and they used exactly the same build as each other, crazy contest ggs tho.

after copycomics copy crossout contest

it will have to be canceled or it will have to do it again

Edited by samuraicrosser
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

Oh yes. Almost like a seperate garage with it's own exhibition. This garage could have all parts available in it. No importing of blueprints to that slot so that all contest entries must be built by the player who is submitting it. When the next contest starts the contest exhibition could be wiped so that only current entries would appear. Working as a seperate garage would also allow them to more easily set different parameters for each contest.

Maybe allow exporting of blueprints for those who really want to save one and play with it later.

fuggin brilliant

My gamertag is ericage on Xbox one. SkyReaper2k, Sorry to disappoint you but I spent more than two hours to create from scratch my dragon you are wrong!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ericage07500 said:

My gamertag is ericage on Xbox one. SkyReaper2k, Sorry to disappoint you but I spent more than two hours to create from scratch my dragon you are wrong!! 

Your dragon had weapons and deserved to win, it was slightly statue-esc but not like the others to any degree

2nd and 3rd were trash and if they were that bad then f*ck knows what even made it in the top 100, next time I'm uploading a f*cking air intake, i'll probably get top 50 so f*ck it

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, Xbox_M_420 said:

, next time I'm uploading a f*cking air intake, i'll probably get top 50 so f*ck it

...hahaha, this had me chuckling for a bit, cheers. But honestly, I do agree, the Devs need to monitor the contestants correctly; this isn't exhibition (where "like for coins" can reign stupidly). :-)

16 minutes ago, DERPSTER_DA_O_G said:

...hahaha, this had me chuckling for a bit, cheers. But honestly, I do agree, the Devs need to monitor the contestants correctly; this isn't exhibition (where "like for coins" can reign stupidly). :-)

They're putting in more safeguards for future CoE contests.  I do hope that they do right for us and fix some of the blatantly plagiarized builds.

2nd place should be disqualified, this means that there are 4 people who would receive a +1 rank boost and another tier of prizes ( Bump up to get Profile Pic, bump up to get Paint, and the 2 stickers ).  I am willing to bet there are more then 1 plagiarized builds that placed in the top 50 ( We can't see them as we can only navigate page 1 of entry winners ).  This means several others are likely without a prize.

I'm also willing to bet that combing through all the submissions takes time, which is why I'm trying to be sensitive to the situation as a player in pushing for fairness here.  50 ranks per platform is going to take a little bit of time to audit.  But I am going to continue asking for follow-ups until it is resolved ( In reasonable increments of time ) :yes_yes_yes:

Edited by Pickleberry

On 10/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ericage07500 said:

that rebound in this **** contest, I voted for ur  nice dragon

Edited by samuraicrosser
  • Thanks 1

<del>

Woodyrojo (Posted )

From the Forum rules: Remember that all the correspondence between the moderator/CM and the player is private. It's prohibited to post it or its parts on the Forum or any other place. It's also prohibited to hand over the information that you receive to any third person.

Most of this is a popularity contest. The winners likely had more friends than the others or they got their's up quicker. The random three pics was slow and aggravating to try to see them all. But the people spoke the winner was been chosen. 

58 minutes ago, gruesomeIntent said:

Most of this is a popularity contest. The winners likely had more friends than the others or they got their's up quicker. The random three pics was slow and aggravating to try to see them all. But the people spoke the winner was been chosen. 

I wish I saw very few people i recognized. Some i saw but were too slow or didnt drive I didnt vote for. I did vote some n00bs whos parts and paints were limited but the design was still nice. 

36 minutes ago, A_V_G_P said:

I wish I saw very few people i recognized. Some i saw but were too slow or didnt drive I didnt vote for. I did vote some n00bs whos parts and paints were limited but the design was still nice. 

I saw like 4.. no statues... and i didn't even see 3rd place..

I looked through maybe 6 pages and gave up when only one of those even remotely fit the spirit of the contest. I think these sort of contests are great. But I don't want to wade through a mountain of **** just to find a couple of entries worth a vote.

Everyone put Dollar signs on starter cars and up vote the hell out of em..

Don't forget a classy name!

4ba5a517-d786-4bdc-bffe-aa108c53b0d8.PNG

Edited by Xbox_M_422
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Everyone put Dollar signs on starter cars and up vote the hell out of em..

Don't forget a classy name!

You should add some kind of minimal wings on it. You know, just so they can't use the "doesn't fit with the theme" excuse to not show it :014:

37 minutes ago, II_Nico_II said:

You should add some kind of minimal wings on it. You know, just so they can't use the "doesn't fit with the theme" excuse to not show it :014:

I will do, the nomad wings will do I think..

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I will do, the nomad wings will do I think..

Yup. The lower the effort, the better :)