A_V_G_P

Project xCloud

xCloudHero12.jpg?fit=940,528

I thought this was interesting. 

Here’s what to expect from the Project xCloud public preview and how you can register to participate: 

• If you’re in the US and UK, you can sign up to register today here, and if you’re in Korea, you can register here. We’ll begin to send invites in the coming weeks. With a goal of learning and improving quickly, we’re taking a phased approach to our public preview, starting with a small number of participants to get initial feedback, then opening it up to more and more gamers. If you don’t receive an invite right away, there will be other opportunities; we’ll continue to open up more spots over time.
  • Xbox launched with Halo, and so will the Project xCloud public preview. It will begin with Halo 5: Guardians, the all-new Gears 5, a fantastic fast-twitch fighter Killer Instinct, and the online adventure Sea of Thieves. This is just the beginning as our content library will continue to grow as the preview progresses.
  • There are a few requirements to participate in the Project xCloud preview. You’ll need a phone or tablet running Android 6.0 or higher with Bluetooth 4.0; a Microsoft account; a Bluetooth-enabled Xbox One Wireless Controller; and while not required, we recommend a phone mount for your controller. Project xCloud runs on Wi-Fi and mobile networks in your area.
  • You will be able to access content through our all-new Microsoft Game Streaming app, available in the coming weeks for Android devices. It’ll be available for all to download, but you’ll only be able to sign in once you’ve received an official invite into the preview.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/09/24/project-xcloud-public-preview/

It would be so cool to play XO this way. 

Register: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/project-xcloud

We have successfully received your information and will send you a confirmation email to the address on file.

We will get back to you by no later than mid-October to let you know if you've been selected for the initial preview. Please note: we will only be accepting a limited number of participants in the first round and registration does not guarantee selection.

Edited by A_V_G_P

2 minutes ago, DeucesWiId said:

Next best thing to an app to play the market. 

Yup. You'd need to carry around an xbox controller but being able to do it at work would be nice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A_V_G_P said:

Yup. You'd need to carry around an xbox controller but being able to do it at work would be nice.  

Pretty sure that you have to be on the same network as your XBOX. 

So instead of me lurking around the forums when the wife's home watching her shows, I can be buying cheap and selling high.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeucesWiId said:

Pretty sure that you have to be on the same network as your XBOX. 

Nope. Says play anywhere. 

Our vision for Project xCloud is to empower the gamers of the world to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want.  

• Like 1

just registered! wow. this will be a bandwidth DEVOURER! like stadia.  

10 minutes ago, *VeteranTyke said:

Just like a blunt pencil, Pointless

Why not.. its easier to pack an android tablet, controller and chargers than a whole console and TV if you're traveling or going to be away but have free time..

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, *VeteranTyke said:

Just like a blunt pencil, Pointless

I'd be able to play the market away from home. Be at work and when news hits be the first to react. Very pointless. Besides playing the the game if I wanted to.

2 minutes ago, A_V_G_P said:

I'd be able to play the market away from home. Be at work and when news hits be the first to react. Very pointless. Besides playing the the game if I wanted to.

Yeah, the day they removed relic frags i was hours away from home for the only time in many months.. you know how triggering that was.. coulda made bank 

So how does this new system work?

Games are in a cloud and instead streamed to your choice of entertainment?

Is hardware going to be made obsolete other than for its streaming capabilities?

Ive been out of the loop a while, I’d love to read some articles during my down time 

4 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Is hardware going to be made obsolete other than for its streaming capabilities?

Ive been out of the loop a while, I’d love to read some articles during my down time 

Its all testing for now for Xbox but yes its Cloud gaming. Microsft will test phone and tablet games from the cloud and later on to the console. No need to install a game. It would be streamed to your device.   So bad for those with data caps on their connection. You would just need an xbox bluetooth controller. 

1 minute ago, VileCrib_3 said:

I think in the way future.. as it's jus the start I think lag is going to quite an issue with online games.. single player stuff I can see, but I feel like it'll be a while before fully streaming online games will be acceptable in terms off connection speed.. I mean even wired NOW we have issues now and again.. 

381103343_ScreenShot2019-10-11at21_13_00

A quick look at Stadia for example says this.. if you want 720p, presumably not too secure gameplay then 10 Mbps.. but 

1620612450_ScreenShot2019-10-11at21_14_5

That may be an achievable target, but they don't even mention frame rate and a difference between multiplayer and single player games.. and i think they do so for a reason.. but as always with new tech we must get over the first hurdles..

And also..

445378928_ScreenShot2019-10-11at21_16_25

Also if people haven't seen Stadia stuff, heres a few things to consider from their webpage (which is a beautiful website, ngl..)

155979970_ScreenShot2019-10-11at21_18_04

2114648648_ScreenShot2019-10-11at21_18_1

So hopefully being a Tmobile user gets me picked. I know its just testing and not every game is available but would be so fun to test it. 

image.png.d301de62897e554484244b5eec4823

It does look intriguing.. as I'm gonna be getting a new phone at some time in the near future.. as mines like 5 years old now.. so would be nice

• Upvote 1