MarvinMyCat

Fatal Error: Microsoft Basic Render driver detected as primary device. Please install correct drivers for your GPU.

Starting Launcher from download (not from Steam), gives the error: "Fatal Error: Microsoft Basic Render driver detected as primary device. Please install correct drivers for your GPU."  My GPU is listed in the Device Manager as the GTX GPU card installed.  I can confirm that the GPU works properly and is used for other games.  After the error is received, Easy Anti Cheat then complains that the dlumd9.dll is untrusted, despite that file not having been changed since May 23 2019. Deleting this file, then has EAC stated dlumd10, and then 11.dll are untrusted.  Stopping certain display services and deleting these files only temporarily fixes the issue, as these dlu dll's are recreated at every game launch.  Below is a list of steps I have attempted to fix this issue:

Launcher Version 1.0.3.93

(live) Crossout .010.85.121842

+ Reinstall GPU Drivers
+ Rolled Windows back to previous Restore Point
+ Disable/Re-enable GPU, reboot
+ Repair Crossout, reboot
+ Repair Easy Anti Cheat, Crossout, reboot
+ Update Windows, reboot
+ Update GPU Drivers, reboot
+ Rename dlumd9.dll to dlumd9_old.dll
+ Rename dlumd9_old.dll to dlumd9.old, repair Crossout, Easy Anti Cheat, Activate AMD GPU Services, Force 32-bit execution
+ Rename dlumd9_old.dll to dlumd9.old, repair Crossout, Easy Anti Cheat, Activate AMD GPU Services, Do NOT Force 32-bit execution
+ Rename dlumd9_old.dll to dlumd9.old, repair Crossout, Easy Anti Cheat, Deactivate AMD GPU Services, Force 32-bit execution
+ Rename dlumd9_old.dll to dlumd9.old, repair Crossout, Easy Anti Cheat, Deactivate AMD GPU Services, do NOT Force 32-bit execution
+ Delete dlumd9_old.dll
+ Recreate dlumd9.dll, reboot
+ Rollback to Nvidia GeForce Graphics Driver 436.30 2019-09-10 from 436.48 2019-10-01, reboot
+ From AWPShell, sfc /scannow @12:44 "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." Verifiy via findstr /c:"[SR]" \Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"c:\Users\Gregory\Downloads\desktop\sfcdetails2.txt"
+ Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019., reboot, check for Windows updates (none)
+ Windows rollback to Sep 25
+ disabled USB Display Adapters
+ Update USB DisplayLink Monitor
+ Install Windows Update to current

Logs.zip

That was one of things I listed in the OP. Tried rolling it back as well. I also mentioned that my system is recognizing the GPU correctly and that ONLY Crossout has this issue.

Please install latest video drivers, run the game and, if issue repeated, attach newest logs

Please refer back to my OP.  Everything you requested has already been done and provided.

I also installed Star Conflict from Gaijin, which appears to use the same Launcher and was able to start up that game without issue.  I believe the issue is with Crossout itself.  Easy Anti Cheat does not appear to be running for this Gaijin space game.  I will follow up with them, but I'd appreciate a Crossout Dev looking into this. 

Edited by MarvinMyCat

21 hours ago, MarvinMyCat said:

Everything you requested has already been done and provided.

And what? I need newest information and your crashdump with latest video driver version.

One of my clanmates had similar types of issues. In the end it turned out he had some issue with windows updates. He was pulling updates for win10 1903 while he had 1809 installed. If you didn't update anything in windows recently then that's probably not the issue.

Also try disabling your antivirus to see if that gets the game working. If so, it's probably the aforementioned version controversy.

Hi,

This is the issue...

I have a Lilliput USB Monitor for GPU-monitoring software.  It uses DisplayLink USB Graphics software to function.  It also installs some UNSIGNED dll files that EAC complained about as being untrusted.  They are NOT signed and I have to follow up with DisplayLink. The other issue is with Crossout, not recognizing that my main monitor is run on and driven by an EVGA graphics, while the mini USB monitor uses the Microsoft Basic Render driver.  THIS is what Crossout doesn't like, despite my having no issues with this before until the two Crossout updates.

My main monitor is setup as such, with the desktop extended to the other display (USB).  There are no choices for changing the driver for the USB monitor,as it uses the MS Basic Render drivers, as it always has in the past  Windows will try to install the drivers automatically when this monitor is plugged in. If I uninstall the MS drivers and unplug the monitor, then crossout works (as does EAC - different issue).

Please have support investigate why Crossout is not identifying the correct monitor or why it is not detecting GPU drivers for my aftermarket card on my main monitor.

Log files attached.

Thanks!

Logs2.zip

We don't have Lilliput USB Monitor, therefore we can't reproduce and understand what happen.

Try to disconnect all device like it. 

If issue repeated, please, make and attach screenshots with errors.

Lilliput is a USB monitor. It can be ANY USB display device, actually, that uses the MS Basic Render drivers. In Windows 10, Many peripheral monitor manufactures use a different set of drivers not associated with the MSBR drivers (thank God).

The problem seems to be that Crossout is not referencing the system's Display Properties in Windows. Instead, it is bypassing these system settings and implementing it's own display environment. Typically, in games, this is not the best way to code for graphics. Usually, problems like this are encountered when a user selects to launch a game in fullscreen. I found that selecting Windowed, Fullscreen Windowed, and Fullscreen all result in the same error. It also appears that there is no difference between Fullscreen and Windowed Fullscreen, after uninstalling the DisplayLink software, which uses the MSBR drivers.

I've been testing this for quite some time today. I rolled my system back to when the game worked normally, roughly a month ago, and installed older drivers for the USB monitor. The only thing I couldn't rollback was the Crossout Client. The results were the same, as they are now, Fatal Error message.

I don't know what changes were made in the last patch that would affect this, as I've done my due diligence on my end and haven't read through the patch notes that don't affect gameplay.

Please see if my findings will help the Devs with investigating further.

Start the game with lilliput USB monitor disconnected and it's driver uninstalled and take screenshot of it. Skula is asking for that.