1 hour ago, CS_2492 said:

Those mech legs might be a very helpful game changer.  I hope they are specifically designed to allow us heavy builders the ability to strafe and dodge cannon, Cricket, and Scorpion rounds.

Judging from the part in russian that says "60-80" im guessing thats its speed depending on using the steppe cab or not. Which if true means this will likely be the hover counter ground lovers have been waiting for.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Renamed71622 said:

Excuse me but your granddaddy's deer rifle has no place in a vehicular combat game. Just to nitpick, the Chord is an M1919 Browning and it fires a .30-06 round which is a very powerful hunting rifle round. The Vector is a Russian KPVT 14.5mm machine gun. Realistically a .50 BMG Barrett M82 would only be a common in this game. The Corvo is already an absolutely puny and unbelievably silly looking gun given its epic status. Even a .30-06 armor piercing round has a hard time going through the most modern body armor. I know I'm pulling a Matsimus but the game also has to make somewhat realistic sense to people who are actually into weapons and vehicles.

Just because its a good reward compared to the time investment doesn't mean your average working class man is going to sit down and play Crossout and grind for months as a F2P to get a clan wars viable build. If most Epics are generally uninteresting, and most rares, what is going to hold them to the game while they are working their way up to a 14-16k ps clan war vehicle? You think the devs haven't done enough for end game players, while I farmed 20 Uranium in two and a half hours and sold it for 650 coins. What are players at 5-7k powerscore with Epics getting? The devs gave too much power to Clan Wars and didn't give enough to average joe players. Uranium earners aren't buying packs cause they can just farm uranium for free once they get that reliable clan. You should be more gracious about how much endgame players have.

The market is determined by players. If "new players" wanted uranium to drop they simply wouldnt buy at determined price.

If "clan war elite" wanted uranium to rise, they wouldnt sell under the same situation

I dunno or care what straw you are but it one of the 2

• Confused 5

13 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

The market is determined by players. If "new players" wanted uranium to drop they simply wouldnt buy at determined price.

If "clan war elite" wanted uranium to rise, they wouldnt sell under the same situation

I dunno or care what straw you are but it one of the 2

Okay, but what is the reality? Uranium is 360 for 10 if you sell it at the right time. it is also very hard to obtain so it will naturally be more expensive. Lastly, it is used to make the most powerful weapons in game. Its value is not some arbitrary number set by players as you would like to imply. You are just straight up deflecting from what I said. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Judging from the part in russian that says "60-80" im guessing thats its speed depending on using the steppe cab or not.

According to Google Translate...

"Presumably speed 60-80, have a drift.  Perhaps they changed the old design of moto wheels under their feet."

Steppe Spider perk affects mech-legs, and this has the wheels class icon.

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Renamed71622 said:

Excuse me but your granddaddy's deer rifle has no place in a vehicular combat game. Just to nitpick, the Chord is an M1919 Browning and it fires a .30-06 round which is a very powerful hunting rifle round. The Vector is a Russian KPVT 14.5mm machine gun. Realistically a .50 BMG Barrett M82 would only be a common in this game. The Corvo is already an absolutely puny and unbelievably silly looking gun given its epic status. Even a .30-06 armor piercing round has a hard time going through the most modern body armor. I know I'm pulling a Matsimus but the game also has to make somewhat realistic sense to people who are actually into weapons and vehicles.

Just because its a good reward compared to the time investment doesn't mean your average working class man is going to sit down and play Crossout and grind for months as a F2P to get a clan wars viable build. If most Epics are generally uninteresting, and most rares, what is going to hold them to the game while they are working their way up to a 14-16k ps clan war vehicle? You think the devs haven't done enough for end game players, while I farmed 20 Uranium in two and a half hours and sold it for 650 coins. What are players at 5-7k powerscore with Epics getting? The devs gave too much power to Clan Wars and didn't give enough to average joe players. Uranium earners aren't buying packs cause they can just farm uranium for free once they get that reliable clan. You should be more gracious about how much endgame players have.

YEAH! Renamed is right Babylon!  You are just a spoiled, out of touch Clan Wars Elite, who won't accept reality!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Judging from the part in russian that says "60-80" im guessing thats its speed depending on using the steppe cab or not. Which if true means this will likely be the hover counter ground lovers have been waiting for.

Hovers will still be shooting from higher up in the air which is superior. Certainly seems interesting tho. 

11 minutes ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

Hovers will still be shooting from higher up in the air which is superior. Certainly seems interesting tho. 

if this goes 80 (85-95 with an engine?) I will be the first to test if it is a viable alternative to hovers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

Hopefully theres some legendaries not shown or this event is a bust

A bunch of stuff got leaked a week or two back that did include a new legendary. Theres a "carbine", "plasma cutter" and "lightning gun" shown in this video. The lightning gun is a legendary, and looks like you hold down the fire button to charge it up and then release the button to fire it. Skip to 2:30 in this video to see them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renamed71622 said:

Okay, but what is the reality? Uranium is 360 for 10 if you sell it at the right time. it is also very hard to obtain so it will naturally be more expensive. Lastly, it is used to make the most powerful weapons in game. Its value is not some arbitrary number set by players as you would like to imply. You are just straight up deflecting from what I said. 

You guys on pc have specifically said tin league is under t200. So 4000 players potentially are getting uranium. That silly post complaining about player base said  theres 25k active crossout players. So 15-20% of players are getting uranium. You think thats rare? Gimme a break.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Renamed71622 said:

Uranium earners aren't buying packs cause they can just farm uranium for free once they get that reliable clan. You should be more gracious about how much endgame players have.

Most cw guys i know buy packs like crazy, sometimes even double trough steam and gaijin. I had to grind / buy packs for my CW build as well, now im there. What holds average joe back?
Don't assume things

Yeah, alot of CW players are massive whales that buy every pack twice. I was sitting around in some discord server the other day and a player said his mom gave him $300 and that was "his new typhoon". Whales gonna whale.

Its really too bad that this game caters to them so much. We could have had a game with real content and constantly improving gameplay instead of endless premium packs that whales gobble up to feed their addictions.

Edited by Crunk_Prime

10 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

instead of endless premium packs that whales gobble up to feed their addictions.

Every premium pack until now featured exact the same stuff as their regular versions (weapons, parts and cabin wise). I agree that too many new itens have been introduced via packs, but those whales paying the double just for a few CKs, a new garage and some paints is what keeps the game up and running... just sayin'.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

is what keeps the game up and running... just sayin'.

Nah. The devs have found they can put the absolute minimal effort into the game now because whales will buy up whatever they put out. They can maximize profits now. Theres no need to fix any of the glaring problems the game has like the physics and various other things, because their addicts will still buy everything regardless.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Nah. The devs have found they can put the absolute minimal effort into the game now because whales will buy up whatever they put out. They can maximize profits now. Theres no need to fix any of the glaring problems the game has like the physics and various other things, because their addicts will still buy everything regardless.

Agree with this, but it also shows something weird, like that they really don't plan to work on other stuff either,  I mean even if they get more money from this game, they could use it on another, but they don't plan to do that either

I mean, if they get out a pack that 200 people will buy they are fine with it, and it's money, so great form a business perspective,  but they have a big negative about selling the exact same pack for half they price and leading 700 people to buy it, earning even more money from it

24 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

I will repeat myself: sold packs ARE their "salaries" AND the investment used to keep the game running.

Everything generates a cost: servers, artists, adds, websites, credit card companies, etc. How are devs supposed to buy their potatos and vodka with a F2P game if they can't sell packs?

The day whales and/or packs are gone is the day devs will have to change jobs and close the servers. Nothing controversial or weird with that.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

I will repeat myself: sold packs ARE their "salaries" AND the investment used to keep the game running.

Everything generates a cost: servers, artists, adds, websites, credit card companies, etc. How are devs supposed to buy their potatos and vodka in a F2P game if they can't sell pack?

The day whales and/or packs are gone is the day devs will have to change jobs and close the servers. Nothing controversial or weird with that.

This
Not saying packs are overpriced or that there's better methods but for now it is how it is.

Edited by v3rgi1

4 minutes ago, v3rgi1 said:

Not saying packs are overpriced or that there's better methods but for now it is how it is.

Its a necessary evil and for once I'm just happy to have find a game that OP stuff isn't locked behind a paywall or buying crap lifts some kind of skill cap (I haven't forgot you, Battlefield Heroes). I wonder how people would react if they had to pay real money to get repair kits or if relics were "premium only" content considering how much they already whine about everything.

But I do agree the grind could be shortened.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

The whales may keep the game running, but also at the same time they keep it stuck in its current state where nothing ever changes or improves. Theres no need spend money/resources to change anything or add any real content when the whales are perfectly happy buying a new pack every 3-4 weeks. The game will forever be stuck in its current mediocre state. It prints whale money and thats all they want now.

The day whales and/or packs are gone is the day devs will have to change jobs and close the servers.

I look forward to the day a better vehicle building and fighting game comes along thats better than Crossout, with devs that cater to normal players and competitive players, instead of just the whales.

I wonder how much money they make off of the data theyre selling. You say without packs they couldnt pay the servers, but you do know facebook right?

I wonder how much money they would make if packs were actually reasonably priced, they had other sources of revenue like cheap skin packs for guns/wheels/cabins/garages/etc, and made the game interesting enough to draw people in and keep them here instead of just finding out its the same endless PVP mode repeating for infinfity with extremely boring PVE modes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

The whales may keep the game running, but also at the same time they keep it stuck in its current state where nothing ever changes or improves.

The treaded 2.8.0 update, PS rework, Harvester and Hover changes, Knight Riders coming 2 times per year, the introduction of Bigfoots, Thrusters rework, complex raids, changes in the assit mechanics, challenges rework, badge exchange, CK rework and many MANY other changes.

Just where the F have you been hiding in the last 2 years, mate?

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, dexterrrrrrr said:

You say without packs they couldnt pay the servers, but you do know facebook right?

Facebook? What about it? They have been renting game servers around the world for free now? Someone tell Gabe Newell about it then!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Its a necessary evil and for once I'm just happy to have find a game that OP stuff isn't locked behind a paywall or buying crap lifts some kind of skill cap (I haven't forgot you, Battlefield Heroes). I wonder how people would react if they had to pay real money to get repair kits or if relics were "premium only" content considering how much they already whine about everything.

But I do agree the grind could be shortened.

so much this, nothing locked behind premium here. Nothing locked behind certain grind paths or technology trees (looking at you war thunder)

7 minutes ago, dexterrrrrrr said:

I wonder how much money they make off of the data theyre selling. You say without packs they couldnt pay the servers, but you do know facebook right?

facebook has ads, likes to actually collect valuable data. What data could they sell in crossout? How many chords you have? :P

All that in 2 years is some serious minimal effort stuff, mate. Most of that is just opening up some files and editing values, or re-using established weapon templates to pump out new guns/parts with different stats and a new 3D model slapped on over it.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

All that in 2 years is some serious minimal effort stuff, mate.

24 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

but also at the same time they keep it stuck in its current state where nothing ever changes or improves.

I'm confused... is stuff changing or not? Or what changed was your initial point after I proved to you that stuff really do changed?

I'm not saying things are great, I'm just saying they are tweaking stuff here and there. Just because the amount of changes aren't sufficient to you it doesn't mean they aren't happening.

SERIOUSLY, roll back in time before the 2.8.0 (or 8.2.0, can't remember) update: every high PS build was either a multi tracked humpback or a quantum hover boat and there was no counter to cloak and broken drones.

You guys need some chill before aimlessly complaining about everything. New word of the day: catastrophization.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 4