Sign in to follow this  
Pickleberry

Clash of Engineers - FHT

Well technically the rules say to build a “shape of a fighter on wheels”.  So does that mean a “practical PvP build”, “fighter-plane”, or literally Mike Tyson with rollerblades?

I made this for the event but I decided not to use it ( per how I interpreted the rules );

Instead I think I’ll go with something a lot more basic.

Edited by Pickleberry
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A_V_G_P said:

You should have submitted it.

Nah, just gunna use starter build like the other cool kids;

Edited by Pickleberry

I asked Woody and he said it should be a plane. Hope it wasn't because I made a typo and asked if we are building a fighter pane or regular fighting plane instead of regular fighting vehicle... :D

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, I_Like_Cake_Yumm said:

that's a sick build pickle-tickler. Now all it needs is some hovers and a nimbus cloud. maybe some kind of cloud trail

I saw that on PC, if anyone has a PC account you can go see it, they did a good job

1 hour ago, I_Like_Cake_Yumm said:

that's a sick build pickle-tickler. Now all it needs is some hovers and a nimbus cloud. maybe some kind of cloud trail

Actually they say a fighter "on wheels".

10 hours ago, Pickleberry said:

Well technically the rules say to build a “shape of a fighter on wheels”.  So does that mean a “practical PvP build”, “fighter-plane”, or literally Mike Tyson with rollerblades?

I made this for the event but I decided not to use it ( per how I interpreted the rules );

Instead I think I’ll go with something a lot more basic.

To play it safe, I would have goku riding a fighter plane on wheels and have it battle ready as a practical PvP build.
Just to cover your basis there pickler.

28 minutes ago, I_Like_Cake_Yumm said:

To play it safe, I would have goku riding a fighter plane on wheels and have it battle ready as a practical PvP build.
Just to cover your basis there pickler.

He's right just add wings to that frame! 

If the community doesn't decide to make a rebellious build together, one of these will end up being my legitimate build...I can't really decide though, so the community opinion would be greatly appreciated; all criticism is welcome (and if someone tries to visually copy my builds, so what, we will know who you are and deal with you accordingly).

-Standard Fighter Jet

IMAG2649.jpg

or -Biplane Fighter Jet (uncommon jet class)

IMAG2650.jpg

...thanks in advance for your opinion everyone.

Edited by DERPSTER_DA_O_G

I feel that the first one looks better. The double wings on the biplane don't really jive with the body style. With the long slender body it has the appearance of a modern aircraft, designed after the age of biplanes had passed. Also, dividing the parts of the one wing to make two leaves them feeling too thin.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

I feel that the first one looks better

Thanks @Pandemic_Regent! :-) 

Yeah, I'm on the same page as you; I'm favorable towards the first one due to the visual appeal. I came here for advice because I feel like the visual concept over performance is what will give the win with these competitions. The biplane (second one) performs better with regards to ground clearance and increased weapon firing angle versus the standard jet (first one), but like I said before I believe visual appeal will reign here.

1 hour ago, DERPSTER_DA_O_G said:

...thanks in advance for your opinion everyone.

I agree with @Pandemic_Regent. The first one looks better imho. Why not go "modern fighter" all the way and use the same firestartet parts you used as tail elevons and make a double vertical fin like this?

Gf15-index.jpg

Just my 2 cents obviously :014:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the community doesn't decide to make a rebellious build together, one of these will end up being my legitimate build...

I would first suggest that anyone who seriously wishes to compete do so.  That being said, I personally am not going to submit the type or quality into the contest that I normally would.

Also, I agree with with the other two - single set and thicken them up or add the second set behind.  Also, a few “missiles” never hurts ( Lances or pipes )

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pickleberry said:

If the community doesn't decide to make a rebellious build together, one of these will end up being my legitimate build...

I would first suggest that anyone who seriously wishes to compete do so.  That being said, I personally am not going to submit the type or quality into the contest that I normally would.

We could do both : submit good looking builds and add a huge dollar sign on top of it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, II_Nico_II said:

We could do both : submit good looking builds and add a huge dollar sign on top of it.

Yeah just give it a 'good' name to.. because then the devs have ti either publish it.. or moderate 

17 hours ago, Pickleberry said:

Also, a few “missiles” never hurts ( Lances or pipes

...almost forgot, even just for the aesthetic appeal, thanks.

17 hours ago, II_Nico_II said:

Why not go "modern fighter" all the way and use the same firestartet parts you used as tail elevons and make a double vertical fin like this?

...thanks for your 2 cents (they are priceless); yeah, I'm working on a more contemporary version after reading everyone's comments.

Thank you again everyone! :-)

• Thanks 1

If these drones aren't fixed after the next bit of content I'm gonna quit, the game feels ruined

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

If these drones aren't fixed after the next bit of content I'm gonna quit, the game feels ruined

Don't give up buddy; take breaks if necessary, but don't "take off"...I personally have been feeling the same way recently, so I try to find my true enjoyment (for me it's creative concepts). I feel ya regarding those "no skill" overused grenadiers, so taking a break till the Devs rethink their grenadier "money grab" is understanding, but don't be another MalAdept and leave entirely (no offense Mal). I value your dedication and participation @Xbox_M_420; always hold onto your passions, they give you valuable purpose...keep ya head up bro! :-)

Edited by DERPSTER_DA_O_G

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

The forums too right? Right? Like Malbert? 

I kid I kid Ive been taking a few breaks from the game and getting some other games in just to not be constantly in this one. 

Sign in to follow this