Sign in to follow this  
Pickleberry

Clash of Engineers - FHT

Just now, NASTYNEIL357 said:

Is it possible for one builder to upload multiple copies of the same build with the same name Increasing the chances of their build being seen ?

no

I was going to suggest the Devs could trim 50% of the builds for not meeting spec or for poor quality before we get to vote. However after spending 15 minutes of searching I've not seen anything out of place (wedge's, no wheels etc), but I am seeing the same builds more regularly than yesterday. It honestly feels like I'm seeing a maximum of 30-40 builds.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, II_Nico_II said:

I agree with @Pandemic_Regent. The first one looks better imho. Why not go "modern fighter" all the way and use the same firestartet parts you used as tail elevons and make a double vertical fin like this?

Gf15-index.jpg

Just my 2 cents obviously :014:

I am the only player to have done it, and my plan is not presented as duplicates, my plan pass all 300 views.

it's not because it's mine, but it's one of the most beautiful and I am one of those who respects the rules of the contest, name built: FHT IWANTSMR

@Woodyrojo @Beta_Angel @BjKalderon can you control the number of scrolling plans because it is not fair for everyone and especially for my fighter , thanks for your job

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/samuraicrosser/video/80452933

16-10-2019_17-13-00-cdqe0iqb.png

16-10-2019_17-25-33-dqj5phf2.png

16-10-2019_17-25-50-w15jcm1q.png

16-10-2019_17-47-19-djj43kkd.png

Edited by samuraicrosser
  • Like 1

@Woodyrojo @Beta_Angel @BjKalderon

I made a video where we see the duplicates

at first I show you a plane that I download and repost in the exhibition by modifying it :
I change the booster (common in rare) and I change the name
by the end of the expo, I may have more likes than the original creator,
provided that he did not copy it too

I think I have a solution for this problem :copicrossout

there must be a ghost of the plan :

AI knows we have to download the plan,this ghost serves to protect the first plan:

if the copier puts it back in the exhibition, he will be able to do it but will not be able to have a like

he can have votes only if he modifies 50% of the pieces of the initial build

ex with its conditions, I could have posted my corsair but I can not have a like

because I just modify 2 pieces and the name of the build,

as my copy is consistent with the ghost I can not steal his likes

in second time

I'm going to vote and you can see the recurrence of some build

yesterday my build passed 1 time every 300, and as by chance I make the video this morning it appears twice in 5 minutes,
it's a first for my fighter

can you explain to me how you decide to expose the builds
ex:
the more the build votes and the more it is exposed

You can see the vidéo here:          

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/samuraicrosser/video/80499593

thank you for your attention

• Like 1

The should be a special section we can see the ones we voted for already so they are removed from the rotation 

• Upvote 2

On 10/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, Pickleberry said:

So this time I'm keeping track of every build I see and writing it down in order of when I see it.  ( At the bottom of this post is the first 99 list - I censored the names )

Wow Pickleberry, that was some effort!  I too have seen a lot duplicates to the point that I thought they were copy cat builds; but it turns out they just liked showing up on my screen.  (Copy cats are much less of a problem this time around, but I think there's been a few)

Now I get people not wanting to see the same build twice, but under certain circumstances it might not be a bad thing.  For example I came across a player's 'Osprey Build' it was unique, and functional (it could move and shoot) so I wanted to vote for it.  However before I could click the vote button, my next game started.  Of course when I went back in to check a new set of three was up and that would have been a vote missed for that build; but it did come up again sometime later.

I also found the reporting of builds to be rather hidden. You have to left click on the build, click the 'report violation' box then click ok... that's about two more clicks than it needs to be IMHO.

To get the best of all worlds I suggest that there'd be three buttons on each build:

1. "Report" (for not following the rules of the contest) this flags the build for moderation and adds the build to your 'seen' list.  If the moderator agrees the build doesn't follow the rules then it's removed out of the build pool for voting so that others don't see it as well.
  2. "Pass" (the 'I've seen it and I'm not voting for it' button). This button adds the build to your 'seen' list and won't show up again in the further random selections of builds to vote on.
  3. "Vote" (vote for the build).  Now I'm a fan of the idea of moving voted for builds to an intermediary tab between 'vote' and the 'results' section of 'Clash of Engineers'.  But like the others the voted for list doesn't show up on your random build pull.

It's not quite a fully baked idea, but has potential right?

Edited by Raid_75
  • Like 1

A report/pass/vote system would be nice to help weed out the repetitive builds.

I wonder if the ‘report’ even does much.  I’ve reported xxxx builds on the Exhibition for years and they’re still there.

18 hours ago, Pickleberry said:

A report/pass/vote system would be nice to help weed out the repetitive builds.

I wonder if the ‘report’ even does much.  I’ve reported xxxx builds on the Exhibition for years and they’re still there.

If I recall correctly, developers said, they'll add a report button (for builds that don't fulfill the contest rules) but I'm unable to see such button, can any one screenshot it plz?  :dntknw:

16 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

First place was deserved on xbox,

I do not agree with you, it's not a fighter, it's a scene he's doing

now I think that 80% of xbox players are illiterate or have not been to school because they can not read the statement of an exercise,

and when we see the votes it suggests that they are from the genealogical line of Corki,

in short I am impatient to see the comparison of the 3 platform

Edited by samuraicrosser

6 minutes ago, samuraicrosser said:

I do not agree with you, it's not a hunter,

now I think that 80% of xbox players are illiterate or have not been to school because they can not read the statement of an exercise,

and when we see the votes it suggests that they are from the genealogical line of Corki,

Where did you get "Hunter" from? You got one of my votes

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bonkers247 said:

Where did you get "Hunter" from? You got one of my votes

not hunter but fighter, thx U for ur vote and me too I've voted for you and others, I do not say that to offend you or others , I've voted for all the players with real plane

Edited by samuraicrosser
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, samuraicrosser said:

I do not agree with you, it's not a fighter, it's a scene he's doing

I am modeling and there is a difference between a plane and a staged with a plane

1 hour ago, samuraicrosser said:

I'm sorry, but the 3 winners of the xbox platform should not have won, there were much better builds than this one, and I'm not talking about my plan,

now it's the players vote, but when we see the choice of these players is to wonder if they are not blind at least, or they have **** in their eyes,

or they are from the genealogical line of Corki (cousin)

I voted for the 3 winners but I never thought they would have won, I voted for those how respect the contest

I do not doubt that the presentation of the plans during the contest (recurrence) is in question and above all is responsible for the dismal results of these first 2 contest, it is obvious that it is the fault of the devs to 100%, which have  not take into account our remarks from the smr contest

Edited by samuraicrosser

and in a second time, it is the fault of the devs, to accept cheaters and plans out of subject in the contests,

and not to enforce the competition rules, it's 100% of their faults

Edited by samuraicrosser

besides, I find it odd that they did not ask a vote of the players on their website, to designate the winner of the competition of 3 platforms ...

Edited by samuraicrosser

Sign in to follow this