*Zhetesh

Do you think is fair? Packs edition

Read first post before answer plz.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think is fair? Some pack exclusive items are OP, and others just $hit.

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't read the thread, yet I still want to vote
    • I don't really care

Yeah, 3 players and 11 sidekicks/grenadiers sitting on the cap is a bunch of free kills with Crickets on PC, sure... < ' >___< ' >
It'd be nice if you stopped wanting to be right when you're obviously wrong.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Yeah, 3 players and 11 sidekicks/grenadiers sitting on the cap is a bunch of free kills with Crickets on PC, sure... < ' >___< ' >

Step 1: Wait until the drones time out while under cloak, move away further to avoid being detected if required.

Step 2: When the drones are dead, kill the players.

7 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Step 1: Wait until the drones time out while under cloak, move away further to avoid being detected if required.

Time to cap when you're 3: 20s
 There's literally 14s left in that game in the screenshot where you claim to see "two free kills" (they're three actually, and probably a fourth ne hidden given the number of drones).

But hey, tell me more about how the game works in your imagination.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Nerf grenadiers!1 ... bam stop quoting eachother ... 

Edited by Mad_Lancer
nøøørf them!

3 hours ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

Your argument here is very obtuse and trite. 

I think you have a good point to be made, but you are being so lazy at making it that it will never be effective.

Your six examples are bad.

Goliath and Icarus IV are movement parts that behave in totally different ways. Each can be debated on their strengths and weaknesses.
Cerberus and Ghost are both cabins that came with other stuff, that balanced their respective packs in different ways.
Grenadier drones and Kapkan minelayers are your only examples that you use for pack weapons, at all.

The reason I am criticizing your laziness is because you didn't even bother to realize that Ghost came with Kapkan in it's pack. Ghost needs a rework, but the pack comes with one of your "OP" items included - thus voiding 2 of the the six items you were willing to spend keystrokes mentioning.

Cerberus is arguably good for some, as it gives you a 12 energy cab with a free melee weapon attached - granted it is not the greatest of melee weapons, but it could be argued it is a 13/14 energy light cabin due to this. Sure, you might suck using/building with it, but it doesn't mean the cabin is bad.

As for comparing movement parts that come with the pack - they all have varying strengths and weaknesses and aren't the "core" part of any given pack, Thus, using movement parts as a direct comparison of "OP-ness" is somewhat daft.

Now that I have destroyed you for your utter laziness, let me help you with making your point...

The first thing you should've pointed to was the disparity between packs of the same price-point. Look at the offerings included in the "Pandemic" pack - now let's compare this to any of the Horseman packs at that same retail. Pandemic pack gets you a rare cabin with a single epic weapon - it's strength is only in the unique parts and horn. While the cabin and parts may be nice for a certain aesthetic, it has no place in comparison to the offerings of the "HOTA:Pestilence" pack - where you get two uncraftable epic weapons and an Epic cabin with a weapon perk that is relevant to it's included armament.

That is a pretty crappy oversight by the devs regarding pack balance.

It is a similar issue between "Arsonist" and "Arachnophobia" packs. Arsonist costs more, but comes with one weapon less - and the included weapons are not ideal for the build platform included. Even though it comes with slightly less included coins, Arachnophobia comes with one the best cabins in the game, as well as movement parts that pair best with it.

Looking at the latest pack releases from the last several months, it is obvious the pack strategy is no longer about balancing value anymore. It is purely to drive enough immediate interest upon release to generate massive impulse sales. Likely, this is because the strategy works. But, as more players buy more packs, each release must have an even bigger hook in order to keep driving additional purchases by the same players.

@*Zhetesh Now please I am asking that you would give more effort to quality over quantity in your topics. You spam a lot without saying much, even if you might have a good point.

tank you for develop the idea... :good:

As I pointed before this thread was just for casual talk and point once again that some items desperately need a buff... And since I all ready talk about other aspects, now I'm appealing the "real live money pack" card

There should be NO $hity items, all items should be average/balanced....

Cerberus is the useless purple cabin, following is ghost cabin and yellow icarus... ----> imho...

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Just don't bother, man he's beneath our intellect 

4 minutes ago, *Zhetesh said:

Cerberus is the useless purple cabin, following is ghost cabin and yellow icarus... ----> imho...

I see more Cerberus and Ghost cabins in CW than half the other epic cabs tho. You sure you're not just asking for a buff for your items? ^_-

Edited by Clebardman

46 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Step 2: When the drones are dead, kill the players. You lost to base cap because drones last much longer than they should be and charge in no time at all so your 11 second cloak is worthless.

39 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

There's literally 14s left in that game in the screenshot where you claim to see "two free kills" (they're three actually, and probably a fourth ne hidden given the number of drones).

There was 4 players, all 11k bigfoot charged drones.. our team were mainly 9K players... like, Sigma's dumb dude

7 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

There was 4 players, all 11k bigfoot charged drones.. our team were mainly 9K players... like, Sigma's dumb dude

I know but if you don't prove him wrong again and again new players might take his crap seriously because it comes wrapped in long **** posts >.>

1 minute ago, Clebardman said:

I know but if you don't prove him wrong again and again new players might take his crap seriously because it comes wrapped in long **** posts >.>

THATS THE xxxx FORUM EXPERIENCE 

my life here, you described it.

1 hour ago, Clebardman said:

I see more Cerberus and Ghost cabins in CW than half the other epic cabs tho. You sure you're not just asking for a buff for your items? ^_-

I kind of asking a buff, but I don't play CW, and I don't own Cerberus or Ghost cabin atm (I don't keep items than I don't use) yet I would like a useful Cerberus is a sweet looking cabin :wub: but is not very useful...:sad:

1 hour ago, Clebardman said:

Per stage with 3 stages that can be capped in assault. It takes a wheeled drone 30 seconds to time out. Assuming that all of those drones were just deployed (They have the full amount of time before timing out.) that's only 1 more stage that could be capped and then the last could have been prevented from being capped since 30 = 20 + 10.

That's not imaginary and it would be possible to have prevented that from being capped. I've done it before

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Step 2: When the drones are dead, kill the players. You lost to base cap because drones last much longer than they should be and charge in no time at all so your 11 second cloak is worthless.

They don't last long enough currently (Only 30 seconds and they often die well before that if anyone's bothering to kill them.) to be usable even as secondary weapons unless you actively want to limit yourself.

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them dumb. I'm going off my experience as a PC player and you're going off your experience as a console player. There are difference sin numerous ways because of that but that doesn't' change that drones time after 30s seconds or that a stage takes 20 seconds to cap with 3 players on it.

5 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Step 1: they capped to 1 before the drones run out

Step 2: they run, you cant catch them because they are built for speed while you arent

You could try to go cap their base, but they will catch up and by then their drones will be ready to deploy again.

3 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them dumb.

correct

you're just dumb

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Nailes said:

Step 2: they run, you cant catch them because they are built for speed while you arent

You could try to go cap their base, but they will catch up and by then their drones will be ready to deploy again.

He's using crickets and even if they run back to base, he's the only one out of the 4 on his team facing off against 3 out of the 4 remaining from the enemy team. Either those on his team are so incompetent that they can't handle a single enemy player or they'll quickly be making it a 4v3 in with them capping the enemy base as well. He could also chase after the drone boats to ensure they don't escape.

28 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

correct

you're just dumb

I wasn't aware that on console you cap faster than on PC. I wasn't aware basic tactics from PC were impossible on console like waiting until the enemy is defenseless to attack.

The game is the same on all platforms except in controls and the playerbase, xbox doesn't have a special advantage that PC doesn't.

1 hour ago, Nailes said: