Komun1sT

Magic cannons

These screens have been taken by slowing down the recorded video to almost 3-4 fps

Cannon shot coming my way:

Spoiler

unknown.png

now it passes me:

Spoiler

unknown.png

now it passes me more:

Spoiler

unknown.png

and then it turns around and hits me:

Spoiler

unknown.png

because science biiiatch...

• Upvote 3

When I'm lagging, I see shells pass through vehicles, then detonate, then my screen re-syncs with the server.

The magic of lag..?

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

no lagging here, 200 mb/s, 15ms ping

Perhaps the shooter lags.

dont know where and how the calculation is made. But ofc it needs both: sender and receiver.

I guess on lag too.

Press F11 you will notice server fps is set at 30fps, my understanding is the server only calculate all realtime parameters 30 times per second, divide the shell velocity of cannons (200-500m/s) by 30 gives at least 7 meter of maximum displayed error, depends on your monitor fps. Basically your monitor refreshes faster than the server calculates, if that's the case as long as you sync your monitor to the server at 30hz you won't see any of these. But I could be wrong.

Edited by xcai35

Yeah sometimes weird stuff like this happens... 

*Cannon shot on my left side*

The weapon on that side remains intact, the one on the right side and on the front get blown because... reasons I guess

As I understand the problem, on every computer machine involved in the battle, short independent calculations are made with some kind of predictions. The server calculation should be last instance for judging what happened. So next time (after some sync), those predictions are corrected. It could make such result even when there is no lag.

Edited by gumaak__CG_

doubt its lag, just **** programming and oversized hitboxes

if it was lag on my side - then i would be able to see it in my netstats, i have 0 loss and very low response time

if it was lag on the other players side - then it would hit my front or on the right of my build(although i was moving very slowly so front is a likelier option), but certainly not on the left as that is the opposite of lag on the other players end

the shot was made in advance and it went past me, completely past me, then magically decided that it actually hit my left side

i have freesync set at 75 fps constant, and in the game it looked like i was shot though the building, which made me watch it back slowly, and it turned out even more magical 

My uneducated guess is: at the first server frame the server records the movement vector (direction and speed) of the cannon shell and your build, the next server frame (assuming 30 server fps it would be 1/30=0.033sec after the initial server frame) the server interpolates the two vectors, if they intercept then your build will be hit by the cannon shell regardless of what you do in between those 0.033sec. Say you press E to dodge the shell in that 0.033sec gap, your computer will record your input then calculate and display the corresponding change in speed or direction at a local refresh rate which is probably much higher than 30times per sec, as a result you will see your build start moving away from the cannon shell trajectory in that 0.033sec duration but your input in that duration hasn't been sent to the server yet, that's why you will see your build got hit at the next server frame even your computer showed that you dodged the shell.

In your specific case it would be:

at t_0=0sec the server predicts your build gonna get hit by the shell based on your build's and the shell's speed and direction AT t_0;

at t_1=say 0.01sec you press E to strafe right to dodge the shell, and your input is recorded by your computer at the same time; Based on the updated speed/direction your computer predicts that you successfully dodge the shell.

at t_1'=say 0.015sec your monitor refreshes and shows you the result of the local computation (since server output is set to 30fps to display at higher fps your monitor will need to use local predictions to fill in the gaps), that you successfully dodge the shell.

at t_2=0.033sec the server judgement based on the prediction made at t_0 comes in: your build still got hit by the shell. Meanwhile the movement input you made between t_0 and t_2 will be sent to the server and will be used to predict what happens at the next server frame.

Edited by xcai35
  • Upvote 1

When my game lags it rubber bands more than anything, wouldn't surprise me.. I'm wired in too

11 hours ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

When my game lags it rubber bands more than anything, wouldn't surprise me.. I'm wired in too

It doesn't looking like lag at all, there are other situations that is hard to understand why happen and when we cant explanded we say lag.. LOL

58 minutes ago, RobyRight said:

It doesn't looking like lag at all, there are other situations that is hard to understand why happen and when we cant explanded we say lag.. LOL

Someone's still salty :DD

Realtime:

Spoiler

InstantGif_2019.10.18-11.56.gif

At 0.01 speed, also notice the map and the location of the shooter with regards to the building:

Spoiler

InstantGif_2019.10.18-11.54.gif

Edited by Komun1sT
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, II_Nico_II said:

Someone's still salty :DD

sure i am LOL

Ok...

Is not lag, is magic

The end.

Moderator plz close this thread to encourage the owner move on, or put this in the proper section (as he see it ---> bug report<---)

I mean, it isn't like you had any time to do anything by the time it 'went back' to hit you so whatever really..

would you have done anything different if it hadn't hit you?..

4 hours ago, Hinskaal said:

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

hahahaha

all the console wimps, please move along and post in your designated forum section. This is the grown up area

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Komun1sT said:

all the console wimps, please move along and post in your designated forum section. This is the grown up area

cries over a tiny issues which only affects themselves and no one else, but claims to be more grown up, kek

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I mean, it isn't like you had any time to do anything by the time it 'went back' to hit you so whatever really..

would you have done anything different if it hadn't hit you?..

posts dumb statements like this, expects not to be treated as a kid...

Just now, Komun1sT said:

posts dumb statements like this, expects not to be treated as a kid...

What's dumb about it? care to enlighten me, or is that 'too much effort' when in reality you have no real reason to back up any claims much like most of the degenerates here who preach bulls*t all day?

What would you have done with that 0.whatever seconds before the shot connected with you, compared to it hitting you normally?

Tell us

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Komun1sT said:

not get shot? lol

Why wouldn't you have?

The shot blatantly registered, so no difference?

If you weren't already moving from the shot then it would make no difference at all