Firedrizzle

Delete bridge

This is a crap map with no routes and no choices except where too camp with a long range weapon. If you dont have a long range weapon you are cannon fodder. It should be reworked or deleted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Firedrizzle said:

This is a crap map with no routes and no choices except where too camp with a long range weapon.

There are a total of 5 routes: Over the bridge, under the bridge and around the hills, under the bridge and up the ramps.

If you dont have a long range weapon you are cannon fodder.

Only if you are an idiot or rush the entire enemy team.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

There are a total of 5 routes: Over the bridge, under the bridge and around the hills, under the bridge and up the ramps.

Only if you are an idiot or rush the entire enemy team.

Well I highlighted what is relevant here, by the time you got under the bridge you have been shot by someone at very long range.

Yeah I wish i was smart of too flank them and not take an obvious route, oh wait!

edit: Wait, where the xxxx did you get 5 routes from?

Edited by Firedrizzle

edit: Wait, where the xxxx did you get 5 routes from?

599531838_Bridgeroutes.PNG.c6b9ba4d5cb5a

I guess this is what he meant.

Edited by VortexSymphony

41 minutes ago, VortexSymphony said:

I guess this is what he meant.

Leaving at 5 or 4 doesnt make a difference. Really there are 2 routes chokepoints, under bridge, over bridge and both can be covered at a very long range.

Edited by Firedrizzle

hum delete Crater map too, they is 0 route.. just a circle.. oh wait.. every map add his own property and strategy...? oh.. ^^

you want to delete a map because "need to play long range weapons? i want to delete all map where you need melee cameleon build (I play long range build) ^^ (its a joke, i like all the maps)

just for your information, canon prefer the bridge, but melee directly go under the bridge..

3 hours ago, DarkTroll_Fr said:

hum delete Crater map too, they is 0 route.. just a circle.. oh wait.. every map add his own property and strategy...? oh.. ^^

you want to delete a map because "need to play long range weapons? i want to delete all map where you need melee cameleon build (I play long range build) ^^ (its a joke, i like all the maps)

just for your information, canon prefer the bridge, but melee directly go under the bridge..

There are many options where too go on crater, not 2 chokepoints that can be covered at high range so saying it is 0 route is nonsense. Crater's property isnt that you camp at long range or be cannon fodder.

If a cannon is camping under the bridge you are still taking free damage with too much ground too cover.

Add wrecked cars to the bridge and debris piles or boats to the riverbed.

Long range vehicles still have great vantage points, but it's easier to advance if you utilize cover.

There's been a suggestion to open up the map at those cliffs on the sides of the river, but I don't know how much that would help. Depends on the implementation.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:12 AM, VortexSymphony said:

In Bridge there might be 2 routes but there seems to be only 2 valid strategies: Rush (slowly) or camp - Keep an eye on the enemy positions: I'd say if the enemy camps (stays behind "4" and "5" for more than a min.) then your response should be to jump, cloak or drive in cover under the bridge and start slowly rushing from there. BUT if the enemy seems to rush (in this same manner) then "1" on this map would usually be a safe route to get behind the enemy team and start flanking them from there... Unfortunately most players just stays in base or behind some hill till all their weapons and movementparts are disabled, then they selfdestruct on the spot... Mabe review your strategies before dismissing a map ;) 

Sector EX is the worst map, and it should stayed an event map. Bridge is one of my favourites. And they should bring back the map with the antennas. Don't remember the name right now. "Something"-17, i think. They could keep the new version, just add the old one too.

Edited by *Jomar_SL
Spelling

Bridge, and Sector Ex are 2 of the maps I consider to be small enough for 5 minute 4x4.  I'd remove them from the 8v8 rotation, because they're just  too crowded with 'Bots.  However, the figure 8 is just about perfect to manage all the paths, and strategic points with only 3 players (While a fast one scouts the enemy.)  It's the large maps, with lots of cover like Fortress where you barely engage the enemy, and really start to get going when the match ends for time.  Because half of that time is spent just moving into position to fight.

Edited by psiberzerker

25 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Bridge, and Sector Ex are 2 of the maps I consider to be small enough for 5 minute 4x4.  I'd move them over to the Clan Wars rotation,

Bridge is already in cw rotation. Sector EX is too far from being balanced for all weapons.

Edit: The dried up docks and the acid lake worked well in leviathan wars though.

Edited by *Jomar_SL

6 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Bridge is already in cw rotation.

Sorry, i said that wrong.  It should be removed from the 8v8 Missions rotation, and Stay in the CW set.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1